Thread: NYT Times ed. blog: You're all a bunch of racist, misogynistic, backward, hillbillies.

Exclamation NYT Times ed. blog: You're all a bunch of racist, misogynistic, backward, hillbillies.

Much more in the same vein at link.

You know what Paul, you're right...this is a failed state, filled with two groups of people who distrust and despise each other on sight.

So, go.

Secede.

Unlike your type, we won't stop you with government guns.

Our Unknown Country

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/p...pan-abc-region

By Paul Krugman

Comment 2016-11-08T22:58:01-05:00 10:58 PM ET

We still don’t know who will win the electoral college, although as I write this it looks — incredibly, horribly — as if the odds now favor Donald J. Trump. What we do know is that people like me, and probably like most readers of The New York Times, truly didn’t understand the country we live in. We thought that our fellow citizens would not, in the end, vote for a candidate so manifestly unqualified for high office, so temperamentally unsound, so scary yet ludicrous.

We thought that the nation, while far from having transcended racial prejudice and misogyny, had become vastly more open and tolerant over time.

We thought that the great majority of Americans valued democratic norms and the rule of law.

It turns out that we were wrong. There turn out to be a huge number of people — white people, living mainly in rural areas — who don’t share at all our idea of what America is about. For them, it is about blood and soil, about traditional patriarchy and racial hierarchy. And there were many other people who might not share those anti-democratic values, but who nonetheless were willing to vote for anyone bearing the Republican label.

I don’t know how we go forward from here. Is America a failed state and society? It looks truly possible. I guess we have to pick ourselves up and try to find a way forward, but this has been a night of terrible revelations, and I don’t think it’s self-indulgent to feel quite a lot of despair.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-09-2016 at 03:31 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We still don’t know who will win the electoral college, although as I write this it looks — incredibly, horribly — as if the odds now favor Donald J. Trump. What we do know is that people like me, and probably like most readers of The New York Times, truly didn’t understand the country we live in. We thought that our fellow citizens would not, in the end, vote for a candidate so manifestly unqualified for high office, so temperamentally unsound, so scary yet ludicrous.

I'm confused, is he talking about Trump or Hillary???
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

The explosive shrieking from the left over Trump will sustain me for years.

Yeah, talk like that is all over twitter.

So many libs saying things like "Good job America, electing a sexist, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, bigoted president."

Never mind the fact that they support a warmongering criminal with an ever-growing body count list, by golly, she's not a bigot!
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecraftian4Paul View Post
    The explosive shrieking from the left over Trump will sustain me for years.
    Some Silicon Valley managers actually tweeted about California secession now that DJT is POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Some Silicon Valley managers actually tweeted about California secession now that DJT is POTUS.
    Please, by all means, go already.

We thought that the nation, while far from having transcended racial prejudice and misogyny, had become vastly more open and tolerant over time.
    Tolerance by force isn't tolerance by choice.

Sweet! It would guarantee him reelection.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Silicon Valley is in trouble. No more sucking the government tit. I'd be $#@!ting my pants right now.

Its funny but if women were not so sexist, Bernie would have been the nominee and if blacks weren't so racist and vote as much for Clinton as for Obama Clinton would have won the general.

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    Its funny but if women were not so sexist, Bernie would have been the nominee and if blacks weren't so racist and vote as much for Clinton as for Obama Clinton would have won the general.
    I hope we can put this rhetoric to rest going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It turns out that we were wrong. There turn out to be a huge number of people — white people, living mainly in rural areas — who don’t share at all our idea of what America is about. For them, it is about blood and soil, about traditional patriarchy and racial hierarchy. And there were many other people who might not share those anti-democratic values, but who nonetheless were willing to vote for anyone bearing the Republican label.
    Go $#@! yourself, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Go $#@! yourself, Paul.
    Intellectual whore.

Dear Mr. Krugman:

Well, $#@! you, too, $#@!!

Sincerely,
    Flyover Country
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I didn't vote, least of all for Trump and I don't particularly care for the guy, but I am so damned sick and tired of hearing garbage like that such that I'm almost glad Trump won, just to ruin that $#@!'s day.

Pay for play =/= rule of law.

What a dip$#@!.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That article is exactly why Trump won.. People is tired with them accusing people with different views as being/supporting patriarchy and racism. It is exactly why I voted for Trump instead of writing in Ron or writing in Gary previously.

You don't want to marry or date a transgender girl?! HORRIBLE BIGOT!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I hope we can put this rhetoric to rest going forward.
    How do you mean? It's pretty much like that. We are living in a very divided society.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Why are all these people threatening to move to Canada instead of Mexico? They go to Mexico for vacations. It's warmer.

Maybe because they are racists.

Projection.

How do you mean? It's pretty much like that. We are living in a very divided society.
    The division is artificial. It is time to realize sucking the globalist dick is not very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Krugman
    For them, it is about blood and soil, about traditional patriarchy and racial hierarchy.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Yes we are. The 1% versus everybody else.

Good.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I didn't vote, least of all for Trump and I don't particularly care for the guy, but I am so damned sick and tired of hearing garbage like that such that I'm almost glad Trump won, just to ruin that $#@!'s day.
    I didn't either, but I'm going to enjoy the $#@! out of listening to and reading the progressive left's wailing and gnashing of teeth.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Carolina

It's funny because the diagnosis from the Romney loss was the Republicans needed a lot more minority support to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Southron View Post
    It's funny because the diagnosis from the Romney loss was the Republicans needed a lot more minority support to win.
    They do in the near future. This is one of the last times where Republicans can get away with only getting white voters.
    Stop believing stupid things

NYT is an intelligent, honest media outlet and Iraq has yellow cake WMDs.

Idiots.

An Unfinished Presidency: Obama Passes the Baton
    New York Times-Nov 7, 2016
    Hillary Clinton has an 84% chance of winning the presidency. ... White House aides point to what they call the highlights of that progress: ...

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

We need to overturn birthright citizenship like most nations have. Ron Paul is right.