Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump is pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal

Trump is pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal

President Trump has made his decision to withdraw from the Paris climate accord, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the decision. Details on how the withdrawal will be executed are being worked out by a small team including EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt. They're deciding on whether to initiate a full, formal withdrawal — which could take 3 years — or exit the underlying United Nations climate change treaty, which would be faster but more extreme.

Why this matters: Pulling out of Paris is the biggest thing Trump could do to unravel Obama's climate legacy. It sends a combative signal to the rest of the world that America doesn't prioritize climate change and threatens to unravel the ambition of the entire deal.

More...https://www.axios.com/scoop-trump-is...427773025.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    squishy language, pay attention to the details. Donny wants to have his cake and eat it too.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Process can take four years. Plenty of time to change positions again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40108659

His supporters argue the accord restricts America's ability to do what it wants with its energy resources - an important sector of the economy.
    However, under the accord, countries set emission limits themselves - not an outside panel.
    The agreement stipulates a three-year waiting period before a country can give notice of leaving, which adds another 12 months and brings us to June 2021.

It could be that President Trump will be out of office before the US would be out of the deal.

Good, but it's largely PR; the US is bound by treaties in the same way the federal government allows you to sue it.

If congress didn't authorize the deal, it will be easy to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    If congress didn't authorize the deal, it will be easy to get out of it.
    Not according to the shills.

Figured, the triggering has begun. You guys overplayed your hand as to whether you wanted the US in this thing. Trump killed TPP and is doing the same on this Paris $#@!. Find globalist solace in your fake news. Rand and Trump are on the same page here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Figured, the triggering has begun. You guys overplayed your hand as to whether you wanted the US in this thing. Trump killed TPP and is doing the same on this Paris $#@!. Find globalist solace in your fake news. Rand and Trump are on the same page here.
    $#@!ers have no idea what moderation is.

Trump killed TPP
    The TPP was already dead in Congress, and was similarly non-binding.

There is no foreign state/international organization capable of binding the US to anything.

The fear of losing sovereignty to some trade board is absurd on its face.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The TPP was already dead in Congress, and was similarly non-binding.

There is no foreign state/international organization capable of binding the US to anything.

The fear of losing sovereignty to some trade board is absurd on its face.
    Wrong, under a Hillary regime this TPP would be played out on globalist steroids and the uniparty establishment would be fully aroused. Trump is getting back to his base as evidenced by the latest trends. You don't have to agree w/ every detail like we did w/ Ron to give credit when it's due to a non100%er. Let us just sit back and hope to hell that Trump doesn't do anything good towards liberty so one can maintain their morally superior preconceptions about the man.

Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Wrong, under a Hillary regime...
    Let me stop you right there, because you're missing my point. If the US government wants to impose carbon taxes on the US, it can - obviously. What I'm saying is that there is no foreign state/international organization capable of imposing carbon tax on the US against the opposition of the US government. Whether there's a treaty or not is irrelevant. Everything depends on who is in power in Washington DC; nothing depends on what (unenforceable) treaties are signed. Hence, the killing of this treaty (not even really a treaty) is in itself quite meaningless.

You don't have to agree w/ every detail like we did w/ Ron to give credit when it's due to a non100%er.
    I did give credit where credit is do.

He gets credit for a good PR move, but nothing more, because that's all this is.

He does not get credit for "saving the US from teh globalists" or whatever you've imagined this to be.

'Paris Agreement' : "Acknowledging that climate change is a common concern of humankind, Parties should, when taking action to address climate change, respect, promote and consider their respective obligations on human rights, the right to health, the rights of indigenous peoples, local communities, migrants, children, persons with disabilities and people in vulnerable situations and the right to development, as well as gender equality, empowerment of women and intergenerational equity."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Trump on Paris accord: 'We're getting out' (14 minutes ago)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/01/politi...ion/index.html
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Good, but it's largely PR; the US is bound by treaties in the same way the federal government allows you to sue it.
    Like a treaty that hasn't been ratified by congress.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/870369915894546432
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/870369915894546432
    Good, stick the free market where you aren't putting a gun to other people's heads.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Check out the Weather Channel reaction, I'm not sure how long it'll stay up but it's really funny. No bias there!

Here's the captions:

BREAKING NOW: Trump Pulls U.S. Out of Paris Climate Agreement; What That Means
    So, What Happens to Earth Now?

Still Don't Care? Proof You Should

...and More Proof...

...and Even More Proof...

...Or the Imminent Collapse of a Key Ice Shelf...

...Or Antarctica Turning Green...

...Or California's Coast Disappearing Into the Sea...

Watch Trump Make the Announcement

https://weather.com/

https://twitter.com/politico/status/870369162610307074

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Check out the Weather Channel reaction, I'm not sure how long it'll stay up but it's really funny. No bias there!

Here's the captions:

BREAKING NOW: Trump Pulls U.S. Out of Paris Climate Agreement; What That Means
    So, What Happens to Earth Now?

Still Don't Care? Proof You Should

...and More Proof...

...and Even More Proof...

...Or the Imminent Collapse of a Key Ice Shelf...

...Or Antarctica Turning Green...

...Or California's Coast Disappearing Into the Sea...

Watch Trump Make the Announcement

https://weather.com/
    Funny because the founder of The Weather Channel is a huge climate skeptic..

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/04/...-in-a-bow-tie/

Good, I had heard he was mulling this over and I am glad he sided on the side that gets America out of these ridiculous things. The globalists are looking to make America go broke.
    Last edited by donnay; 06-01-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Funny because the founder of The Weather Channel is a huge climate skeptic..

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/04/...-in-a-bow-tie/
    Yeah, I've seen him talk about. I'm not sure what's up, maybe he's not connected with the weather channel anymore?

Teh Donald said it so it's gotta be true. Pay no mind to the clapping bankers in the front row.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I've seen him talk about. I'm not sure what's up, maybe he's not connected with the weather channel anymore?
    Retired. He was the founder, he was also a weatherman on San Diego's local tv station.. which was kinda funny because in San Diego it is 70 degrees and sunny like 300+ days a year, so not a lot of interesting things going on in the weather - but - he was famous on Friday's for yelling "IT'S FRIDAY!!!" and the whole thing would echo and they would make a big scene about it. I remember that from when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Teh Donald said it so it's gotta be true. Pay no mind to the clapping bankers in the front row.
    lol.. getting out of the Paris Climate agreement is a deep state move??

Come on, man..

The Great Oyarde says there will be no climate deal ever that benefits the taxpaying citizens of the US . None , never .
    Do something Danke

No he's not a part of the Weather Channel. The Climate Change people took it over and are using it to shill for Climate Change.

Retired. He was the founder, he was also a weatherman on San Diego's local tv station.. which was kinda funny because in San Diego it is 70 degrees and sunny like 300+ days a year, so not a lot of interesting things going on in the weather - but - he was famous on Friday's for yelling "IT'S FRIDAY!!!" and the whole thing would echo and they would make a big scene about it. I remember that from when I was a kid.

"LA Story"
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

We arent meeting the benchmarks for carbon emissions regardless of the deal being in effect. If i had to guess, its quite likely ALL energy companies know exactly what is going on with the climate as it is their incentive to know if the earth is warming due to human factors. These companies all have some internal research aside from what NASA puts out, but they sure as hell arent going to alarm the public about it.

However I laugh at those who say climate change is a hoax (all the while believing a man 2,000 years ago was crucified and then rose from the dead). There are no absolutes, especially in science... but if I had a question theoretical physics, I would surely trust Stephen Hawking to come up with an answer that is more than likely to be true over Donald Trump or Steve Bannon, laymen in these fields.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast