Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My True Calling

Lightbulb My True Calling

I've been thinking about getting a jerb for awhile and, at first, Mr A thought it was a good idea but I guess he got to thinking about what it would mean for him if I went back to work and told me he thought I should work from home. He thought I should do insurance or something. WTF? I don't know anything about that stuff. Well, I was cleaning out my closet and it dawned on me that I should resell my clothes. It may not be the most interesting thing to y'all but it's something I understand and enjoy - not like insurance. I officially started today. I'm excited. My listings are getting a lot of attention.

I'm going to use this thread to document whether this is really lucrative or just a goofy hobby. I'm starting with things I've grown tired of or just don't fit me anymore and a few thrifted things I know resell for a lot (True Religion & Miss Me jeans) but I'm not investing much money. The few supplies I've bought to get me started I purchased using Staples ink rewards and the thrifted items I purchased probably total less than 20.00.

Edit:
    I've only listed a few items and I already have over 600 followers and a bunch of likes!!! I watched a video that said you should list a few everyday as opposed to listing all at once. It has to do with Poshmark's algorithm and keeping your listings at the top of the search results. My goal is to make my first sale by Monday. We'll see.

Edit -Edit:
    I woke up this morning to 800 followers and a bunch of likes and shares on a blouse I listed. I knew that would get a lot of attention. It's not really my style but I bought it at a thrift store a few years ago because I thought a friend of mine would like it. She did but it didn't fit her. It's designer, not fast fashion.

I've been watching videos about what sells and I kept hearing about Anthropologie being hot and what high quality it is. Well, I browsed an Anthro store and it's garbage. It's barely a step up from Walmart and it's frickin expensive. I think it's sad that young women (and men) can't identify quality anymore.
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 07-15-2018 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Excited but felt like it was too soon for a real update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has @shifference read this?
    "The Patriarch"

Welcome to my world.

I hate selling clothes though. But if you love fashion, you'll do great.

Has @shifference read this?
    I'm not sure I carry his size.

Been listing all day and I now have over 900 followers and bunch of likes but no sales yet. I did have one bitch try to advertise her closet on one of my popular listings *delete & block* and some guy ask me to model. I told him to send me an offer first. I might try to sell my old yard shoes again and tag this creeper.

Maybe I should just go into business with @presence selling gross shoes. Maybe selling my used clothes and shoes to pervs is my true calling
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Apparently you can make a killing on John Deere and other old farm related caps.
    Snap-Back Farm Hats
    From The 70s And 80s
    Are Worth Big Money!

(click the picture to see a larger view)

The screen shot above shows a common John Deere hat from the 1980s that recently sold on Ebay for a whopping $880.

I remember people wearing that exact hat back then. My father-in-law wore a John Deere hat just like this one...

You'll notice that one sold for only $455. I think he got it free when he bought a JD lawnmower.

It's not just John Deere hats. This relatively plain hat from Henderson, NC, brought $288...

Did you realize these hats are worth so much money? Here's another from a farm association...

$375 for that hat! These kinds of hats were once ubiquitous. Just about every rural man in every rural community in America wore them. They were often given away for free. Now they are worth hundreds of dollars. Here's another recent top seller...

https://thedeliberateagrarian2.blogs...s-and-80s.html
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-15-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Welcome to my world.

I hate selling clothes though. But if you love fashion, you'll do great.
    Why do you hate selling clothes?

I'm also thinking about starting a Youtube channel. I've been watching videos to learn and most of these people are really boring.

Best of luck to you, Suz.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Maybe selling my used clothes and shoes to pervs is my true calling
    Used socks, panties, hose and such...you'd make a fortune.

Blue pill pervs will fall all over themselves for that.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-15-2018 at 01:14 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm also thinking about starting a Youtube channel. I've been watching videos to learn and most of these people are really boring.
    I am not a fashion person at all, so I can't relate to my buyers. And while I'm not familiar with Posh, eBay clothing buyers are terribly finicky. I don't have the time or patience to deal with returns.

On a side note, I seem to recall someone saying that they gained a boatload of Posh followers when they followed Ashton Kutcher's closet, so you might try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Smitty Werben Jagermanjensen (Not sure if I spelled that right)

But he was Number 1!!!

My kids loved that episode.

Woemen, clothes, sell...what more needs to be said?

"This doesn't fit, this is the wrong color, it doesn't match my shoes, hair, fingernail polish...and on and on and on..."

Smitty Werben Jagermanjensen (Not sure if I spelled that right)

But he was Number 1!!!

My kids loved that episode.
    That hat makes you look like a girl!

Am I a pretty girl?

Ummm, yeah...you're adorable...

LOL - I still chuckle at early seasons SpongeBob

"This doesn't fit, this is the wrong color, it doesn't match my shoes, hair, fingernail polish...and on and on and on..."
    Yeah. This.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

No returns for fit on Poshmark. No returns unless the seller misrepresented the item.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Used socks, panties, hose and such...you'd make a fortune.

Blue pill pervs will fall all over themselves for that.
    I have a lot of that stuff. I might have to reassess my business plan.

That hat makes you look like a girl!

Am I a pretty girl?

Ummm, yeah...you're adorable...

LOL - I still chuckle at early seasons SpongeBob
    Me, too. I loved that show. Mr A and my number one son were Mr Crabs, my number two son was Spongebob and I was Patrick.

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

Me, too. I loved that show. Mr A and my number one son were Mr Crabs, my number two son was Spongebob and I was Patrick.

Is mayonnaise an instrument?
    Band Geeks! LOLOLOLOL

"Uhhh...whoever is the owner of the white sedan...you left your lights on...(walking trombone sounds)"

I dunno who I am...Krabs more than likely...but I do know this...Mrs AF is Squidward.

"Hey Patrick...what's this word?"

"Uhhh...uhhh...Krabbbbbs...uhh...Isn't that the red, sweaty guy you work for?"

I have a lot of that stuff. I might have to reassess my business plan.
    Well, just make sure you are fully, ah...um...well, you know...before you bag 'em up and ship them.

Sweat doesn't have the same pheromones.

Mrs AF is Squidward
    My face when I corner Mrs. AF on something...

@Suzanimal YAAAAAY, SUZ!! I tried the drop shipping thing for a while. It's too boring for me. I like stuff that's creative as a rule. My teaching day gig is working out quite well. OMG KIDS ARE SO CUTE! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I just made my first sale.

My goals for this weekend

Get 10 items listed
    Sell first item by Monday
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 07-15-2018 at 10:00 PM.

@Suzanimal have you picked a niche or are you just "garage sale Suz"? When I dabbled in ebay, veterans always suggested I pick a niche.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I just made my first sale.

My goals for this weekend

Get 10 items listed
    Sell first item by Monday
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Suzanimal again.
    YAY!!! You're going to be rich!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Suzanimal- this is a super handy tool Angie gave me a long time back to reckon fees when yer reckoning pricing and whatnot. http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

This thing will tell you what's popular at any given time in any category: http://www.watchcount.com/

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    @Suzanimal have you picked a niche or are you just "garage sale Suz"? When I dabbled in ebay, veterans always suggested I pick a niche.
    My niche consists of my castoffs and a few things I find thrifting that I KNOW I can turn a tidy profit on and that will sell fast. I also have a few friends cleaning out their closets that are bringing me stuff to sell. They offered because through the years I've picked up nice things for them and I told them I was Poshing, they wanted to pay it forward. I may also dabble in weirdosexual wear.

YAY!!! You're going to be rich!
    Thanks, HB!

@Suzanimal- this is a super handy tool Angie gave me a long time back to reckon fees when yer reckoning pricing and whatnot. http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html
    This thing will tell you what's popular at any given time in any category: http://www.watchcount.com/
    I'll definitely check those out. I've been pulling comps on Posh and the pricing is all over the place.

I vote for the youtube channel. Seriously, you're kind of...uh... weird.
    Weird does well on youtube.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I vote for the youtube channel. Seriously, you're kind of...uh... weird.
    Weird does well on youtube.

Good luck!
    Thanks, I think. I think I'm normal and everyone else is weird. You ought to see the looks Mr A gives me when I tell him I think someone's weird.

The main reason I was thinking about a youtube channel is because most of the Poshmark tubers suck. Empty Hanger (from Atlanta! Yay!) and Bexa Boss Lady act like they have some sense but most of the others look terrible. Seriously, most of them are covered in tats, have purple hair and facial piercings, and film in their nasty ass house (one actually showed her dog laying on the clothing she was photographing!!!) looking like a homeless person. One of the grosser ones is also trying to sell styling services. Uh, no thanks.

I'm not trying to sound like an $#@! but, in business (especially fashion), looks matter. I'm not saying you have be attractive but you shouldn't look like a purple haired biker hobo who just rolled out bed.

I think you're made a good choice Suz. I've seen your fashion sense come out over the years. When it comes to business online, having a passion for it counts. As well as having a gift for it.

And when it comes to YouTube, being a little quirky can be a good thing. You're already a little quirky so you're ahead on that one. Just be yourself and enjoy what you're doing and your potential customers will feel comfortable buying from you. People buy from people they like.

Good luck!
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast