Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember, Remember

Quote Originally Posted by ds21089 View Post
    Is that an implication that you truly believe Trump is good and is trying to make the country better?

Ok go with that narrative for the sake of argument.. He ran on lessening our overseas footprint. One power the president actually does have as granted by the Constitution is to immediately withdraw troops from anywhere. So what's the excuse as to why he isn't following through with that promise? Not only is he not doing that, but he's encouraging more war.

The few things he's done are completely outweighed by the bad things going on behind the scenes that he is distracting you from. Things he is likely well aware of and doesn't give a crap about. He is just a giant, loud-mouthed distraction. They want you to focus all your attention on attacking or defending Trump meanwhile they keep passing more laws to take away our freedoms.

Surely if Trump was such a good guy, he could use his authoritarian ideology to just executive order his way to a good country. Or are we going to pretend now suddenly when it could be used for good, the "Constitution prevents us from doing such things" as if nearly every action taken by the government now is constitutional..
    My position is that Dump is less bad not that he is good, the ship of state is off course and we must turn it, one degree closer to the correct heading is a victory, Dump is a move in the right direction, now we need to move things farther.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Their tactics have worked for enslaving us, we should learn to use them to reclaim our freedom.
    An individual is as free as they choose to be.

That's the mind job here. The "enslaved" individual is already serving somebody and will continue to do so until/unless they choose to serve somebody else.

Gotta serve somebody. Starts and ends right there. There isn't really an "our freedom".

Gotta K.I.S.S. for myself. Saves me a lotta grief.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The "moral" choices presented to us are just to limit the spectrum of allowable opinions.
    + rep
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 11-01-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My position is that Dump is less bad not that he is good, the ship of state is off course and we must turn it, one degree closer to the correct heading is a victory, Dump is a move in the right direction, now we need to move things farther.
    But the reality is that we arent going any closer in the right direction. If you read the above article and research how accurate it is, it completely shows you how nothing has changed for the better and in fact in most cases just getting worse. I see no evidence that Trump has taken one step toward correcting anything thus far. As I stated above, there are a few things the president can do without congressional approval that would benefit us that he hasn't done. So he has absolutely no excuse for breaking that promise. Which only goes to show you that he is more of the same - listening to the same people Obama and previous presidents listened to.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ds21089 View Post
    But the reality is that we arent going any closer in the right direction. If you read the above article and research how accurate it is, it completely shows you how nothing has changed for the better and in fact in most cases just getting worse. I see no evidence that Trump has taken one step toward correcting anything thus far. As I stated above, there are a few things the president can do without congressional approval that would benefit us that he hasn't done. So he has absolutely no excuse for breaking that promise. Which only goes to show you that he is more of the same - listening to the same people Obama and previous presidents listened to.
    He has done some things that are good, I would never claim he has done everything he could, but to pretend that he is no better than what we have been getting or what most of the other 2016 candidates (especially Hitlery) would have done is just ignorant or dishonest.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He has done some things that are good, I would never claim he has done everything he could, but to pretend that he is no better than what we have been getting or what most of the other 2016 candidates (especially Hitlery) would have done is just ignorant or dishonest.
    I will agree to that, but that doesn't mean I'm going to defend the slightly less evil person. They are still evil after all. I will still be highly critical of them and expect of them what a REAL president is supposed to do.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    All the "good" things Trump has done so far would have been done by a Romney. Not impressed at all.
    Romney would have been all in on TPP and any other multinational trade deal. He also would not have cut regulations, or any other damn thing. Do you think Rand would have Romney's ear?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    If Ron or anyone else were president and tried to oppose the deep state agenda in a significant way, they would be assassinated within weeks.
    There is no doubt the deep state would try to kill him. I think he's smart enough to know that and to take appropriate precautions (yes, they do exist).
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Romney would have been all in on TPP and any other multinational trade deal. He also would not have cut regulations, or any other damn thing. Do you think Rand would have Romney's ear?
    Whats to stop them from putting the same kind of stuff in NAFTA that was bad in TPP? I hope you are right and TPP is gone, but to me it seems like they are playing a shell game with unpopular policy.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Whats to stop them from putting the same kind of stuff in NAFTA that was bad in TPP? I hope you are right and TPP is gone, but to me it seems like they are playing a shell game with unpopular policy.
    NAFTA will soon be dead.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

NAFTA will soon be dead.
    You actually believe there will be change??? I said the same thing to trump people when they were so orgasmic about him winning. Wait until he's been in office 6 months and then show me all his accomplishments. Been right so far...

You keep waiting and hoping. I've been waiting and hoping for 50 years now and I'm not putting false faith in these guys anymore. "The State" will keep growing and keep destroying liberty and you will just wind up paying for all the bills...

THIS ONE

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    You actually believe there will be change??? I said the same thing to trump people when they were so orgasmic about him winning. Wait until he's been in office 6 months and then show me all his accomplishments. Been right so far...

You keep waiting and hoping. I've been waiting and hoping for 50 years now and I'm not putting false faith in these guys anymore. "The State" will keep growing and keep destroying liberty and you will just wind up paying for all the bills...
    I thought Trump would be catastrophically bad given his prior liberalism, anti-free trade agenda, and his initial push for a massive infrastructure project. All three of those things have gone away.

Instead the country is objectively freer under Trump. Neil Gorsuch is on the court. That is a big swing from Hillary appointing Ruth Bader Ginsburg Part II. If Republicans hold the Congress, Trump will likely pick a replacement for Clarence Thomas. It would be a huge win if Trump gets to replace Ginsburg.

Scott Pruitt is waging an all out war at the EPA. Some great articles on what he is doing and the amount of death threats he is receiving. https://www.wsj.com/articles/keeping...afe-1509578717 http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ntal-lynch-mob

We are going to get a corporate tax cut that is in line with the rest of the world along with a small income tax cut. Trump didn't take the bait and get the US involved in a meaningful way in Syria. Trump already is the best modern President on regulatory issues, perhaps the best ever.

I guess I have very low expectations and Trump has easily cleared them. I am quite certain a Mitt Romney or Hillary Clinton Presidency wouldn't have Mick Mulvaney in charge of the budget or have Rand Paul with a major influence on their thinking.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 11-01-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I thought Trump would be catastrophically bad given his prior liberalism, anti-free trade agenda, and his initial push for a massive infrastructure project. All three of those things have gone away.

Instead the country is objectively freer under Trump. Neil Gorsuch is on the court. That is a big swing from Hillary appointing Ruth Bader Ginsburg Part II. If Republicans hold the Congress, Trump will likely pick a replacement for Clarence Thomas. It would be a huge win if Trump gets to replace Ginsburg.

Scott Pruitt is waging an all out war at the EPA. Some great articles on what he is doing and the amount of death threats he is receiving. https://www.wsj.com/articles/keeping...afe-1509578717 http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ntal-lynch-mob

We are going to get a corporate tax cut that is in line with the rest of the world along with a small income tax cut. Trump didn't take the bait and get the US involved in a meaningful way in Syria. Trump already is the best modern President on regulatory issues, perhaps the best ever.

I guess I have very low expectations and Trump has easily cleared them.
    Yeah, this.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yeah, this.

Indeed. And if rendition and a suspension of habeus corpus for those the US government declares enemy combatants is to be normalized, well, you have to hammer a few nails to build a wall.

I wonder, if the Bundy’s took the refuge while Donald Trump was president, what would his reaction be?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yeah, this.

I remain recklessly pessimistic...

Appointing people to positions doesn't cut it. I want to see results. My taxes are still sky high. When do I get "relief"? There's nothing on the horizon...

The coal thing is good but I don't expect a lot of regulation to "go away"... There might be some adjustments in certain EPA numerical values but they will still send a goonsquad to take your property if you violate their dictates.

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Indeed. And if rendition and a suspension of habeus corpus for those the US government declares enemy combatants is to be normalized, well, you have to hammer a few nails to build a wall.

I wonder, if the Bundy’s took the refuge while Donald Trump was president, what would his reaction be?
    You've got to be kidding, right? With the Trumpster's attitude to anyone who doesn't toe his line you have to ask?? He would stomp his feet and say NO ONE has the right to step on "federal land" and take possession. Wait until something similar happens while he's there. He is not your friend, friend...

THIS ONE

My taxes are still sky high. When do I get "relief"? There's nothing on the horizon...
    If by nothing nothing on the horizon, you mean you have to wait until tomorrow, I guess. https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ighting-244418

Small individual tax cut and a corporate tax cut.

There might be some adjustments in certain EPA numerical values but they will still send a goonsquad to take your property if you violate their dictates.
    Pruitt actually isn't enforcing a lot of laws which is driving the left into rabid insanity. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/04/o...aw-pruitt.html

We have already gotten mixed results out of Trump, I see strong indications that NAFTA will soon be gone.

I would choose someone better for POTUS if I could but we won't get that chance until 2020 and then only if someone better runs.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We have already gotten mixed results out of Trump, I see strong indications that NAFTA will soon be gone.

I would choose someone better for POTUS if I could but we won't get that chance until 2020 and then only if someone better runs.
    Mixed results? What we have is cherry picking facts that are fake news. The goalpost keeps getting moved but it doesn't matter, they will find the number 23 because they are obsessed with it. Pretty soon arguments will get even more stupid because it will be close enough to the election. So when you say that you don't support Trump because Afghanistan, or because anything they are going to just tell you its because you're some secret democrat. There will be no honest discussion of Trumps policy because his supporters still won't admit he is not wearing clothes, you really can't argue facts with those people.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mixed results? What we have is cherry picking facts that are fake news. The goalpost keeps getting moved but it doesn't matter, they will find the number 23 because they are obsessed with it. Pretty soon arguments will get even more stupid because it will be close enough to the election. So when you say that you don't support Trump because Afghanistan, or because anything they are going to just tell you its because you're some secret democrat. There will be no honest discussion of Trumps policy because his supporters still won't admit he is not wearing clothes, you really can't argue facts with those people.
    Or with you some days.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

NAFTA will soon be dead.
    I sort of wish that were the case, but this is just negotiations, and threatening to pull out of a deal is the oldest sales tactic in the books. In reality they really don't like Canada undercutting us on taxes. They don't even put call centers in India anymore, they put them in Canada. They don't want companies moving to Canada to get a tax cut, and they don't want to have to give companies a tax cut to stop them.

Three years from now there will still be NAFTA (or something by another name that does the same), we will still be at war - somewhere stupid, Obamacare will be with us (with maybe a few lines of regulations changed), I will still be in the 30+% income tax bracket (when you add state and local it comes closer to 45%), and you guys will still be giving Trump a virtual blow job...

THIS ONE

I sort of wish that were the case, but this is just negotiations, and threatening to pull out of a deal is the oldest sales tactic in the books. In reality they really don't like Canada undercutting us on taxes. They don't even put call centers in India anymore, they put them in Canada. They don't want companies moving to Canada to get a tax cut, and they don't want to have to give companies a tax cut to stop them.
    Canada and Mexico are insisting on things Trump will not agree to and Trump is insisting on things they will not agree to, even if it was not the intent originally NAFTA is highly likely to end.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You've got to be kidding, right? With the Trumpster's attitude to anyone who doesn't toe his line you have to ask?? He would stomp his feet and say NO ONE has the right to step on "federal land" and take possession. Wait until something similar happens while he's there. He is not your friend, friend...
    Pretty sure that was @kcchiefs6465's flavor of sarcasm.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Pretty sure that was @kcchiefs6465's flavor of sarcasm.
    Darn sarcasm anyway... Sometimes I miss it.

THIS ONE

The ship is indeed turning the wrong direction and its too big to avoid the rocks. I choose to watch as an unwilling participant and try to plant the seeds of liberty wherever I can in my life.

Liberty and individual freedom lives within us all. Even in our current virtual cage. Don't be their prisoners fighting each other for scraps and perceived respect. We need an escape plan.

Talks of liberty have mostly become arguments over a man around here. What will he do next? This is exactly what they want. Open your eyes.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    The ship is indeed turning the wrong direction and its too big to avoid the rocks. I choose to watch as an unwilling participant and try to plant the seeds of liberty wherever I can in my life.

Liberty and individual freedom lives within us all. Even in our current virtual cage. Don't be their prisoners fighting each other for scraps and perceived respect. We need an escape plan.

Talks of liberty have mostly become arguments over a man around here. What will he do next? This is exactly what they want. Open your eyes.
    Just sit back and watch the freak show...

Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 11-02-2017 at 07:53 AM.

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yes, I think he would have had just as much influence with Romney as he does with Trump. Maybe even more effective since Rand would be the leading anti-establishment politician in Washington.

I'm personally ambivalent about TPP so that's why I didn't consider it, but sure I'll give Trump credit for that.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Yes, I think he would have had just as much influence with Romney as he does with Trump. Maybe even more effective since Rand would be the leading anti-establishment politician in Washington.

I'm personally ambivalent about TPP so that's why I didn't consider it, but sure I'll give Trump credit for that.
    Trump didn't understand TPP but that doesn't stop his supporters from understanding. Just like Rand Paul said in the debates the TPP was about combating the petroyen. Which is ironic because Trump ran on an anti Chinese trade platform. Now we all know candidates aren't always honest about their real platform. So what's his real position on trade with China? He has continued the war against the yen, the same policies Obama started, his administration has threatened to ban China from access to the petrodollar he is doing the same policies that were pushing China into creating the petroyen and leading us into war with China.

Trump didn't understand TPP but that doesn't stop his supporters from understanding. Just like Rand Paul said in the debates the TPP was about combating the petroyen. Which is ironic because Trump ran on an anti Chinese trade platform. Now we all know candidates aren't always honest about their real platform. So what's his real position on trade with China? He has continued the war against the yen, the same policies Obama started, his administration has threatened to ban China from access to the petrodollar he is doing the same policies that were pushing China into creating the petroyen and leading us into war with China.

Yen = Japanese currency
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast