Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden resigns as Raiders coach over racist, homophobic, misogynistic emails

Jon Gruden resigns as Raiders coach over racist, homophobic, misogynistic emails

Jon Gruden resigns as Raiders coach over racist, homophobic, misogynistic emails

Jon Gruden has resigned as coach of the Las Vegas Raiders after emails he sent before being hired in 2018 contained racist, homophobic and misogynistic comments.

Gruden released a statement Monday night, saying: "I have resigned as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction. Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone."

He stepped down after The New York Times reported that Gruden frequently used misogynistic and homophobic language directed at Commissioner Roger Goodell and others in the NFL.
    https://www.startribune.com/jon-grud...ils/600105696/
    This is being reported in the usual manner, with much outrage and pearl clutching over emails without reporting the actual words or context.

One story did say that Gruden called Roger Goodell a "f*ggot" and "p*ssy" for his handling of various issues in the NFL, especially the player protests. No doubt that is a thought crime worthy of execution in Woke Soviet Amerika.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does that make him unemployable or does it now make it full disclosure so the next team can hire him without concern?

Hey Gruden, what do you think of Mark "Cut-Back" Davis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPo2RMHgSKQ
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ironic that his happened considering I was telling my brother a few days ago that the Raiders would be a better team without Gruden.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Clutch your pearls, this is horrific! Outrageous and disgusting!

Jon Gruden, former NFL coach of the Las Vegas Raiders, resigned after emails came out of him using offensive language. One such email includes Gruden calling President Joe Biden a "nervous clueless p*ssy."
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/nf...12/id/1040222/

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Ironic that his happened considering I was telling my brother a few days ago that the Raiders would be a better team without Gruden.
    He's a mediocre NFL coach at this point.

Well as a Chiefs fan, all I can say is, I hope they don't get anyone better.

I wonder if they're going to let anyone into that pretty new stadium of theirs after this? It would be nice to hear words of encouragement for their famous cornerback Brandon Facyson.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-13-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Gruden screwed up. You don't apologize - you come out swinging. "What kind of moron gets paid to dig through 10 year old emails to find something offensive?! I can offend that person just as easily right now! Don't come at me with that nonsense!"

Chances are, if he pushed back, he wouldn't have had to resign. If he was fired, at least he'd have maintained his dignity.

Listen, if this ever happens to you - don't apologize to these people. That only encourages them. Stand your ground and ridicule them appropriately. It's the only way this ever goes away.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Gruden screwed up. You don't apologize - you come out swinging. "What kind of moron gets paid to dig through 10 year old emails to find something offensive?! I can offend that person just as easily right now! Don't come at me with that nonsense!"

Chances are, if he pushed back, he wouldn't have had to resign. If he was fired, at least he'd have maintained his dignity.

Listen, if this ever happens to you - don't apologize to these people. That only encourages them. Stand your ground and ridicule them appropriately. It's the only way this ever goes away.
    $#@!ing Right!

Come out swinging like a goddamned Berserker.

Never back down, never apologize.

You may still get run off, but like Capt. says, you'll still have your dignity.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

They usually apologize to save their jobs. Now they're apologizing while resigning.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    $#@!ing Right!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    They usually apologize to save their jobs. Now they're apologizing while resigning.
    I'd wager he was given a choice, resign or be fired. It's understandable. It was the smart business decision. It's a billion dollar franchise, with players and fans who would take offense if he stayed. It would cause huge problems.

In most cases, yes, fight back. Tell them to take their PC SJW bull$#@! and shove it. It's football, ffs. Someone called other people names in private communications? Find a person in football who hasn't done that. And no, it doesn't prove that he's a racist or homophobe or anything. Has anyone listened to the past 50 years of comedy and popular music? Get over it, snowflakes.

What crime did he really commit here? Name the crime.

This was a targeted attack, and an opportunity for all of the pearl clutchers to get their panties in a bunch.

The absurdity of the situation:

The fact that Gruden’s emails were the only ones that were leaked and then heavily pushed should raise all the red flags in the world.

Add in the fact the NFL has no intention of making anything else public, and fans, players and everyone else involved should start asking a lot of questions.
    How is it possible Gruden’s emails were leaked to the press and he lost his job, but we won’t know the extent of anything else?

As Katz and Banks said in their statement, the only person punished in the investigation was Gruden and he had literally nothing to do with the situation.
    That’s not to excuse Gruden’s language or comments. It’s simply to point out that he appears to be nothing more than a fall guy at this point.

The NFL needed someone to go down to generate headlines, and it damn sure looks like the league pulled off a coordinated and deliberate hit on the former Raiders coach.
    https://dailycaller.com/2021/10/13/r...gation-emails/
    Attorneys Lisa Banks and Debra Katz, who represent more than 40 former Washington Football Team employees, called for the league to release the findings of the investigation publicly.

“It is truly outrageous that after the NFL’s 10-month-long investigation involving hundreds of witnesses and 650,000 documents related to the longtime culture of harassment and abuse at the Washington Football Team, the only person to be held accountable and lose their job is the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders,” they said in a statement. “Our clients and the public at large deserve transparency and accountability. If not, the NFL and Roger Goodell must explain why they appear intent on protecting the Washington Football Team and owner Dan Snyder at all costs.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...gruden-emails/

So, I'm not a sportsball guy, I don't know who this guy is, I barely know that the Raiders play in Californicated.

But is that the extent of what was found against this raging racist and homophobe and misogynist?

That, over a ten year span of God knows how many emails, he called someone a pussy, another one a fagggot and remarked that some black player had big lips?

Seriously?

I better be ready to take my own advice, if somebody were to dig up ten years of my emails...or comments here.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-13-2021 at 04:24 PM.

I wouldve told them to fire me . No apology needed .I've yet to see a Gruden offensive comment from these emails that can be proved untrue .
    Do something Danke

$#@!ing Right!

I'll just straight up deny I ever said it, blame it on Russian hackers, and condemn with furious anger, the monsters who actually did write those horrifyingly offensive words.

And then donate half my year's salary to some LGBTQ org to prove my loyalty.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 10-13-2021 at 04:09 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

So, I'm not sportsball guy, I don't know who this guy is, I bareley know that the Raiders play in Californicated.
    I'm glad you're barely clinging to that byte of outdated data. You can let go now. Lost Wages, Nevada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I'm glad you're barely clinging to that byte of outdated data. You can let go now. Lost Wages, Nevada.
    Seriously...They are in Lost wages Nevada now?

I'm serious as a heart attack here, I had no idea, I thought they were still in...San Fran-sicko was it?

The Yezhov-ization of Jon Gruden has begun ...

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The Yezhov-ization of Jon Gruden has begun ...
    Who was the coach when Tampa Bay won the Superbowl in 2002? Apparently they didn't have one. He has been memory holed.

So, I'm not a sportsball guy, I don't know who this guy is, I barely know that the Raiders play in Californicated.
    They are in Las Vegas now. They just built a brand new stadium, and it's kickass.. I considered buying season tix before covid, just to re-sell them for a profit, maybe go see a couple games a year.. I don't follow football much, but enjoy seeing a big game once in a while. Also it's on the way to my mom's house. But I felt pretty lucky after covid hit that I didn't follow through.

Last edited by dannno; 10-13-2021 at 08:49 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Seriously...They are in Lost wages Nevada now?

I'm serious as a heart attack here, I had no idea, I thought they were still in...San Fran-sicko was it?
    Originally they were in Oakland, then they moved to LA. Then back to Oakland.

The team's biggest problem was their fans. They had too many fans that were gansta wannabes. They had no money, they trashed $#@! and got in too many fights. Regular people were scared to go to their games. You couldn't even go see the San Diego Chargers play them in San Diego (back when the Chargers were in San Diego, now they are in LA), because all the Raiders fans would come down.

The Vegas move I think was very smart. Now they can expand their fanbase, because people from California can easily travel to Vegas, and so can pretty much anybody else who likes to go to Vegas, or watch football. They have plenty of hotels around for fans from out of town to stay at, plus Vegas and Henderson have been some of the fastest growing cities in the country for the last couple decades or so.

So the Chargers are in LA now, and apparently regular people can go see them, because gansta wannabes don't like their colors and logo so much.
    Last edited by dannno; 10-13-2021 at 09:03 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I thought they were still in...San Fran-sicko was it?
    They used to be in Oakland. They sort of had this reputation as league bad guys, but I think most of it was contrived. Owner Al Davis however, sort of embraced misfits and outsiders. They had, for example, the first black coach. John Madden wasn't a typical coach personality. The outcast players ranged from John Matuszak to Jack Tatum. They played in Oakland and its $#@!hole city status was embraced by fans.

The irony was that Al Davis was a jew who was into the whole "civil rights" thing.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The fact that Gruden’s emails were the only ones that were leaked and then heavily pushed should raise all the red flags in the world.
    https://dailycaller.com/2021/10/13/r...gation-emails/

I think NFL executives perceived their disconnect problem and opportunistically found a scapegoat to help right their ship. NFL fans are conservative; the sports industry is now PC. The grassroots fan base despises what the league has become, but conservative fans be damned. The Cultural Marxists are pushing full steam ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I think NFL executives perceived their disconnect problem and opportunistically found a scapegoat to help right their ship. NFL fans are conservative; the sports industry is now PC. The grassroots fan base despises what the league has become, but conservative fans be damned. The Cultural Marxists are pushing full steam ahead.
    Never underestimate personal vendettas. Gruden called Roger Goodell (Commissioner of the NFL) a p*ssy.

(Of course p*ssy is one of those unspeakable, outrageous, unforgivable words that Gruden used. The pearl clutchers in the media can't repeat it, they just say how horrible it was.)
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-14-2021 at 10:53 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never underestimate personal vendettas. Gruden called Roger Goodell (Commissioner of the NFL) a p*ssy.
    Ah, yeah; good point. I overlooked that. Maybe it was more personal than anything?

(Of course p*ssy is one of those unspeakable, outrageous, unforgivable words that Gruden used. The pearl clutchers in the media can't repeat it, they just say how horrible it was.)
    The way I understand it is that Gruden was becoming too much of a rebel for a coach and wasn't following the NFL line. When they started the Covid protocols for NFL players, Gruden publicly said that it was stupid because these guys are the most fit people in the world. Nothing to fear from Covid. Then, he got Covid and recovered so he stopped wearing the face diapers because he couldn't spread it anymore. The NFL fined him $100,000 and he took it. (He did wear a pair of panties once as sort of an F U statement.) They fined him an additional $150K for other Covid violations. He also made statements that players should respect the flag and the anthem.

So, they came after him. Found a few old emails (I still wonder how long it took them to dig into this) and voila. They had their reason to humiliate him and ditch him. Of course, I always thought he humiliated himself on a weekly basis when he was on MNF, but I guess that doesn't count.

But think about it... The guy has had thousands of players and coaches reporting to him. He gave thousands of off-the-cuff media interviews as a coach. He spoke on live TV for years. He's been in the spotlight for decades and has worked closely with many people of color who still respect him. If he was a real problem, the floodgates would be opening. But nope - they found some old emails.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...41525664395267

The way I understand it is that Gruden was becoming too much of a rebel for a coach and wasn't following the NFL line. When they started the Covid protocols for NFL players, Gruden publicly said that it was stupid because these guys are the most fit people in the world. Nothing to fear from Covid. Then, he got Covid and recovered so he stopped wearing the face diapers because he couldn't spread it anymore. The NFL fined him $100,000 and he took it. (He did wear a pair of panties once as sort of an F U statement.) They fined him an additional $150K for other Covid violations. He also made statements that players should respect the flag and the anthem.

So, they came after him. Found a few old emails (I still wonder how long it took them to dig into this) and voila. They had their reason to humiliate him and ditch him. Of course, I always thought he humiliated himself on a weekly basis when he was on MNF, but I guess that doesn't count.

But think about it... The guy has had thousands of players and coaches reporting to him. He gave thousands of off-the-cuff media interviews as a coach. He spoke on live TV for years. He's been in the spotlight for decades and has worked closely with many people of color who still respect him. If he was a real problem, the floodgates would be opening. But nope - they found some old emails.
    Wouldn't it be nice if all NFL players refused to play until he was reinstated?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Well, we are seeing at least one small complaint... https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ion/ar-AAPw7p2
    Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr suggested in his first comments since Jon Gruden resigned that all communication from front office personnel and coaches be made available.

"If we just started opening up everybody's private emails and texts, people will start sweating a little bit," Carr told reporters on Wednesday, via ESPN. "Hopefully not too many, but maybe that's what they should do for all coaches and GMs and owners from now on. You got to open up everything and see what happens."

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Sounds like an idea that should be taking place in the NBA right now given Kyrie Irvings current situation.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast