Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul: Israel is Our Close Friend

Ron Paul: Israel is Our Close Friend

Ron Paul Responds to President Obama's Middle East Speech

EON: Enhanced Online News
    May 19, 2011

LAKE JACKSON, Texas -- Ron Paul, a twelve-term U.S. congressman, member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate, remarked on President Obama’s speech earlier today about the United States’ Middle East policy. Please see the statement below.

“The President gave a speech today about our foreign policy in the Middle East, and once again this administration has proven that it does not understand a proper foreign policy for America. When will our leaders finally do what’s right for America and rethink this irrational approach we’ve followed for far too long?

Israel is our close friend. While President Obama’s demand that Israel make hard concessions in her border conflicts may very well be in her long-term interest, only Israel can make that determination on her own, without pressure from the United States or coercion by the United Nations.

Unlike this President, I do not believe it is our place to dictate how Israel runs her affairs. There can only be peace in the region if those sides work out their differences among one another. We should respect Israel’s sovereignty and not try to dictate her policy from Washington.

“The President also defended his unconstitutional intervention in Libya, authorized not by the United States Congress but by the United Nations, and announced new plans to pressure Syria and force the leader of that country to step down.

“Our military is already dangerously extended, and this administration wants to expand our involvement. When will our bombing in Libya end? Is President Obama seriously considering military action against Syria? We are facing $2 trillion dollar deficits, and the American taxpayer cannot afford any of it.

“Our military’s purpose is to defend our country, not to police the Middle East.

“As the President prepares to send even more support to Egypt, we should be reminded that it was our foreign aid that helped Mubarak retain power to repress his people in the first place. Now we have to deal with the consequences of those decisions, yet we keep repeating the same mistakes.

“I am not the only one who can see the absurdities of our foreign policy. We give $3 billion to Israel and $12 billion to her enemies. Most Americans know that makes no sense.

“We need to come to our senses, trade with our friends in the Middle East (both Arab and Israeli), clean up our own economic mess so we set a good example, and allow them to work out their own conflicts.”

Contacts

LIBERTY PAC
    Gary Howard, 1-800-RON-PAUL

SOURCE:
    http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20110519007204/en
    Last edited by FrankRep; 02-24-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Out of everything he said, you picked "Israel is our close friend" for the thread title. Come on Frank. You could've at least added a "but...".
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Out of everything he said, you picked "Israel is our close friend" for the thread title. Come on Frank. You could've at least added a "but...".
    With all the Israel bashing on Ron Paul Forums, I figured I'd point out Ron Paul's view on Israel.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

It's not my close friend.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    With all the Israel bashing on Ron Paul Forums, I figured I'd point out Ron Paul's view on Israel.
    nice catch
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

“I am not the only one who can see the absurdities of our foreign policy. We give $3 billion to Israel and $12 billion to her enemies. Most Americans know that makes no sense." - Ron Paul

That's a keeper, right there.

Israel is a parasitic, terrorist conglomerate that celebrates when the US is attacked:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/report-n...srael-1.244044

Oh, come on, you make it sound like that is the predominant theme. Most here are noninterventionist, across the board, and consider Israel an ally, but also a focus for trouble for us, since we tend to do idiotic things around that relationship. A couple or few, max are 'anti-Israel'.

However, as evidenced by the comment above, those posters do seem to gravitate to threads like this. Frankly, the heading is counterproductive, to that extent.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-20-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by t0rnado View Post
    Israel is a parasitic, terrorist conglomerate that celebrates when the US is attacked:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/report-n...srael-1.244044
    Correct. If any nation on earth is a true enemy of the United States it is Israel and I don't believe that any country presents as big a threat to us as Israel does.

+ Rep.

If Ron Paul thinks Israel is a "close friend" I'd like to ask a question to Ron. If Israel was attacked in an act of war, should we help defend them?

Judging by the last RP statement in the OP I'm guessing the answer would be no.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 05-20-2011 at 08:17 AM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

I wonder if there's a tendency for minarchists to be more virulently anti-Zionist than anarchists.

As an anarchist, I'd say all nation-states are dangerous to the people within them. All borders are defined to keep sheep in a pen. All of them will try to expand those borders to accumulate more human livestock. I can't see why Israel is particularly worse than any other.

Why do people think Israel has taken over the US? I agree with RP that it's more the other way around. In essence, he's saying Israel has been annexed as the 51st state. They have the right to secede.

Nice to read some diversity of opinion here.

I think it's kind of like saying "I have a lot of gay friends..." before making a joke bashing gays. It may or may not be true, but you gotta cover your ass (strange unintended pun) in today's world.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I think it's kind of like saying "I have a lot of gay friends..." before making a joke bashing gays. It may or may not be true, but you gotta cover your ass (strange unintended pun) in today's world.
    Ron Paul isn't bashing Israel.
    ----

Fairweather Friend

A fairweather friend indeed. We've been warned what will happen if foreign and military aid to the Israel, IMF, NATO, UN. All treaties which must be honored as law of the land. I want to believe that Ron Paul has studied the subject thoroughly and will make the correct decisions.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's just no explaining that to anyone. For whatever reason, there is a large contingent of Ron Paul supporters ( Supporters!) who hate Israel, Jews, Mexicans, nose picking, whatever. They need to feel RP feels the same way.

Maybe he does. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows? I just think that is irrelevant to the point- the proper role of the U.S. federal government when it comes to intervening in the affairs of other nations.

This is an important distinction to make. And I think you get that. Not supporting meddling in the affairs of Israel does not mean one is anti-Israel or an anti-semite or whatever other smear/characterization. Also, this is politics. For whatever reason some supporters want to reduce every policy position to beliefs that are not only often repugnant but also politically retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    If Ron Paul thinks Israel is a "close friend" I'd like to ask a question to Ron. If Israel was attacked in an act of war, should we help defend them?

Judging by the last RP statement in the OP I'm guessing the answer would be no.
    It could easily be argued on principle that we shouldn't go to war to help any friend, no matter how close.

And he also wasn't saying Israel was his friend. It was a loose analogy. I'm suggesting that he has to qualify his remarks with some sort of positive spin to avoid the political assassins who come after all who go near the 3rd rail of politics.

Guys, are you wanting to help Ron Paul win the Republican nomination? Last time I checked, the vast number of Republicans do not hate our soldiers, nor do they detest Israel. So, having comments all over the forums to those ends does not seem to be congruent with accomplishing our mission. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 05-20-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Banned

Blog Entries
    A close friend who does not deserve a single penny of tax payers welfare aid... like all the other close friends.

Although with stuff like Lavon affair (false flag terror attacks on US/UK building in order to prolong US military presence in mideast) , Jonathon Pollard's massive US military secrets theft and transnfer to Russia via Israel, transfer of sensitive US military technology to China, one has to wonder does close=sincere in this relationship?

Besides, a friend in need is friend indeed; how many troops Israel sent to front lines in Iraq, Afghanistan in America's hour of need?

We know UK, Turkey, Jordan had their troops die in Afghanistan standing with America. Friendship is more than empty words and perpetual one way welfare aid gravy train.

I don't recall leader of any other "friend" of America saying that 9/11 terror attacks were good for them like Israeli PM did in domestic hebrew conversation.

UK Jewish MP: Israel acting like Nazis in Gaza

January 16, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMGuYjt6CP8
    Last edited by doodle; 06-02-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    However, as evidenced by the comment above, those posters do seem to gravitate to threads like this. Frankly, the heading is counterproductive, to that extent.
    It was really just bait for the haters to come out. I appreciate what Frank was attempting to do, but it wouldn't take a fortune teller to predict the reaction from some.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Guys, are you wanting to help Ron Paul win the Republican nomination? Last time I checked, the vast number of Republicans do not hate our soliders, nor do they detest Israel. So, having comments all over the forums to those ends does not seem to be congruent with accomplishing our mission. Just my opinion though.
    You would hope some would self-regulate themselves a bit more.

wouldn't it be better to educate our public on the problems with blindly defending Israel?
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    wouldn't it be better to educate our public on the problems with blindly defending Israel?
    Not nearly as effective as the current strategy of selling as in Israel's best interest to get out of her way. Same end result, better sales pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It was really just bait for the haters to come out. I appreciate what Frank was attempting to do, but it wouldn't take a fortune teller to predict the reaction from some.
    All the anti-Israel people are only hurting Ron Paul. I wish they understood that.
    ----

After reading this thread, I am shocked that Ron Paul supporters are accused if being anti Israel. Libertarians who are anti Israel. No way!!!!

I'm thinking Lord Barry's speech is just to set up a facade of strife between the US and Israel prior to initiating an attack in Syria or somewhere else in the Middle East.

Of course they're our friends!!! We give them billions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You would hope some would self-regulate themselves a bit more.
    Yup. That is my hope.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast