Thread: Forget Gold and Silver... Let me talk to you ALUMINUM 80% LOWERS

Forget Gold and Silver... Lets talk about ALUMINUM 80% LOWERS

This is a "$90 at your local yard sale" drill press:

This $125 item is, "Our complete jig for completing the machining of a Tactical Machining 80% AR-15 lower receiver":
    http://www.tacticalmachining.com/80-...ar-15-jig.html

This IS A GUN; an AR 15 Lower, it has a serial number and must be shipped to an FFL dealer:

This is an 80% Lower, it is NOT A GUN; a 'non FFL item",
    you can buy it on the net with a money order and have it shipped to a PO BOX.
    Without licence, you can manufacture and $ELL 80's
    on the net or off your front porch unrestricted.

Its a shipped-to-your-door $80-$180, buy in bulk if you like; no background check transaction:

In the eyes of the law, its just a novelty, a paper weight; a chunk of aluminium.

This too is a non-FFL purchase:

http://aresarmor.com/store/Category/hmgar15

Waiting lists are currently about 3 month$ out on all 80% lowers;

www.ar15.com is a great place to keep up on that;
    30 days old and 100 pages long:
    THE "IN STOCK" LOWER RECEIVER THREAD

This is the .gov resource which re-affirms your God given right to build your own personal firearm.

Any Question$?
    Last edited by presence; 01-26-2013 at 12:45 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some assembly required. This ^ is my next project.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

WTF!?!??!?!?!
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

damn it... no info on select fire.
    Last edited by Athan; 01-23-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    damn it... no info on select fire.
    You would probably want to read a few gunsmithing books before engaging in that little endeavor. And prescence, to the best of your knowledge, is that illegal? I would assume they would find some sort of way to give you 10 years.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Out of stock.....the jig
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I would assume they would find some sort of way to give you 10 years.
    Only if they know about it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

wow. dejavu.

i saw this black truck yesterday in anaheim with "AR15.com" bumper sticker.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    And presence, to the best of your knowledge, is that illegal? I would assume they would find some sort of way to give you 10 years.
    from the .gov link in the op:

For your information, per provisions of the Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968, 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, an unlicensed individual may make a “firearm” as defined in the GCA for his own personal use, but not for sale or distribution.
    I'm not a lawyer.

You might need a finned pistol grip in CA and NY to make sure you don't accidentally assault somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Out of stock.....the jig
    Check that thread at ar15.com they've spit out 3 pages a day for the past month on stock issues related to Lowers; plenty of others in this business... many mom and pop grassroots shops springing up, as you don't have to be licensed to manufacture and sell 80's; they're just paper weights. Its probably wise to get your jig from the same people that you get your paper weight from as ATF has changed their 80% requirements and some require additional/different tooling (ie safety selector hole).
    Last edited by presence; 01-24-2013 at 07:35 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

What is an 80% lower? What's it missing that makes it legal?
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    I believe it is because the are not finished, you have to do the remaining 20%.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

LOL, from the headline I thought the bottom dropped out of scrap aluminum. I got ten 40 gallon bags of crushed cans in my basement.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Yeah but what's the 20%? It looks like a stripped lower which is regulated. So what's it missing from a stripped lower that would allow me to manufacture these and sell them on EBay?
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Hole for selector, hole for trigger pivot and slot for trigger. That I can see from pictures
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

So what's it missing from a stripped lower that would allow me to manufacture these and sell them on EBay?

Its not what's missing... its what is still there:

Last edited by presence; 01-24-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I believe it is because the are not finished, you have to do the remaining 20%.
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a.../t-317669.html
    KT Ordnance has provided you, the customer, with this BATFE determination letter to ensure the customer that we have complied with all BATFE rules and regulations. This AR-Style receiver has not had the

trigger group cavity (fire control box) machined, or the
    hammer,
    trigger/sear,
    and selector holes
    drilled (80%),

and may have other machining operations incomplete beyond what TFB requires (less than 80%).
    Last edited by presence; 01-24-2013 at 10:37 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any opinions on the relative quality of the 80% lowers from different manufacturers?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Any opinions on the relative quality of the 80% lowers from different manufacturers?

keywords:

6061 vs 7075 AR,
    billet vs forged cast machined AR,
    best quality AR lower 80
    Last edited by presence; 01-24-2013 at 10:23 AM.