Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump Supporters Are GW Bush Supporters LARPing As Ron Paul Supporters

You Can't See the "Ron Paul Forums" Sign

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Time will tell.

I'm not going to change your mind and you won't change mine, only Trump's actions for the next 5 years will.
    I'm not trying to change your mind because you've already swallowed the "Blue Pill." So, for you, ignorance is bliss.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    I'm not trying to change your mind because you've already swallowed the "Blue Pill." So, for you, ignorance is bliss.
    That's what someone who swallowed the black pill would say.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You can't call someone like Edward Snowden "a total traitor," but then turn around and claim you're going to "drain the swamp." The two sentiments are simply contradictory.
    Yep.
    There is no spoon.

It is fruitless, I and others have tried. It is not so much that ignorance is bliss in this case, SS is a “very good republican” [ie: Statist with a capital S].

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Is there a Trump supporter here that would have taken Trump over Rand?

I don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I took Trump over Rand because Rand didn't have the chutzpah to deal with these criminals, IMHO. However, as of late, Rand has been impressively going afters these criminals and I believe he has a really good mentor that has shown him the way.
    And she's far far from the most extreme Trump supporter here.

There are a lot who took Trump over Hillary. I don't think they were "duped." I think they knew they had a crappy choice and went with the least crappy.
    If they thought he would be less crappy, they were duped. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

The same thing is likely to happen this year.

In the mean time, the r3volution is doing absolutely nothing to prepare for 2024. We're pretty good at bitching and moaning though.
    This is true. Part of the reason is that half of the movement has been suckered back into the swamp by Trump's siren song, and half of the ones who didn't get suckered by Trump think that anyone who complains about people being suckered is "deranged ". Seriously multiple members have repeatedly said over many years that they chose Trump over Rand; let's not bury our heads in the sand.

Some people here have TDDS: Trump derangement derangement syndrome.
    Last edited by The Rebel Poet; 02-18-2020 at 07:35 AM.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Is it to early to start the Rand2024 thread?

"I Stand with Rand"?

"Randstanding"? lol

"Join the Randwagon" - LOL

"Randeros" - supporters of Rand

Dude, those are pretty catchy! "Randstanding" "Randstanders" very nice.

The general public already knew about collusions amongst the FBI, CIA, and State Department before there was a conspiracy against Donald Trump and his associates, and that knowledge was escalated through Edward Snowden's whistleblowing. Trump hasn't woken anyone up to that, and he should've been exposing our intelligence community from the beginning, not when it was politically expedient for himself.

Nonetheless, Trump thinks Snowden ought to be dealt with harshly, as recorded in the video above. And for what?
    What Trump never does is point out who the Deep State is, outside of Swordy's mere surface labels like "it's teh FBI". Nothing about who the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc really work for. Nothing about the CFR and the CFR's parent org, the RIIA, in London, for example. What has been "exposed" is surface level nonsense to divert deeper investigation into who's really running things in this country, and has for a long time, and therefore who is running Trump and our cherished national elections overall.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-18-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post

If they thought he would be less crappy, they were duped. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.
    Trump = Hillary = America's worst.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Is it to early to start the Rand2024 thread?

"I Stand with Rand"?

"Randstanding"? lol

"Join the Randwagon" - LOL

"Randeros" - supporters of Rand

I could get behind a Don Jr / Rand ticket with Rand as VP
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Trump didn't peel off the Ron Paulers.

Bernie did.

A large percentage, perhaps a majority of the Ron people, had no interest in limited government and liberty, but were in fact just lefties driven by weed legalization, queeer marriage or were anti-war.

Once a perceived better fit came along in the shape of Bernie, they were gone.

Which left the remaining few of us standing around looking like $#@!s and wondering what happened.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Bernie did.

A large percentage, perhaps a majority of the Ron people, had no interest in limited government and liberty, but were in fact just lefties driven by weed legalization, queeer marriage or were anti-war.

Free is popular
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Bernie did.

Which left the remaining few of us standing around looking like $#@!s and wondering what happened.
    Trump did peel off the Ron Paulers.

Bernie also did.

Two thirds of the Ron people had no interest in limited government and liberty, but were either just lefties driven by weed legalization, queeer marriage or were anti-war, or right wingers driven by lower taxes, deregulation, or were anti-immigrant.

Once perceived better fits came along in the shape of Bernie and Trump respectively, they were gone.

Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

You're missing the point, Swordsmyth.
    He's not missing the point, he's actively avoiding it.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is anecdotal of course, but I have yet to meet a single one.

Any of the "rightist" or "paleo" types like me, that I know of, dug in their heels in 2016 and either refused, wrote in, voted LP or what have you.

Even in 2016 I saw large numbers of ex-Paulers that were now in the Bernie camp.

The of the former, like myself, that have grudgingly decided to support Trump in 2020 do so only after 4 year of watching what has been happening.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

With close to 90% Republicans supporting Trump (allegedly, going by MSM polls) while he is sending thousands of more troops to mideast/escalating military strikes in Iraq AND about same %age of Republicans supporting Bush-Cheney during 3rd year of Buh term, there has to be a strong overlap between supporters of neocons led Bush-Cheney and globalist neocons funded Trump.

But Trump is not as disciplined and committed to any principle, even though both claimed to be Biblical Christians. Trump seems to go with the winds of populism and may have been even bigger interventionist than Bush-Cheney in 2003 when 70% of public supported Iraq freedom invasion.
    On global internventions, more of the same but on social issues Trump is Left wing whereas Bush remained Right wing while he was in office. On gun control, LGBTQ civil rights/gay marriage (Bush second election startegy's major issue to mobilize GOP base) and to an extent on abortion/diversity models Trump is aligned with Lieft/Progressive Liberals. Part of it could be changing times/drifting Republican morality and part of it could be due to 'follow the money doctrine' as Trump's top donor couple are American-Israeli "democrats" with history of funding dems/liberals.

Bernie did.

How true, I was on here lurking everyday back in 2010-2012, it sure has changed. Now it seems there is a shill from every campaign here, communists, and any old posters seem pretty bitter. Everything is still a conspiracy though, so that is still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    With close to 90% Republicans supporting Trump (allegedly, going by MSM polls) while he is sending thousands of more troops to mideast/escalating military strikes in Iraq AND about same %age of Republicans supporting Bush-Cheney during 3rd year of Buh term, there has to be a strong overlap between supporters of neocons led Bush-Cheney and globalist neocons funded Trump.

But Trump is not as disciplined and committed to any principle, even though both claimed to be Biblical Christians. Trump seems to go with the winds of populism and may have been even bigger interventionist than Bush-Cheney in 2003 when 70% of public supported Iraq freedom invasion.
    On global internventions, more of the same but on social issues Trump is Left wing whereas Bush remained Right wing while he was in office. On gun control, LGBTQ civil rights/gay marriage (Bush second election startegy's major issue to mobilize GOP base) and to an extent on abortion/diversity models Trump is aligned with Lieft/Progressive Liberals. Part of it could be changing times/drifting Republican morality and part of it could be due to 'follow the money doctrine' as Trump's top donor couple are American-Israeli "democrats" with history of funding dems/liberals.

The leftist trumpkin bushbots are on the ash-heap of history.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

This is anecdotal of course, but I have yet to meet a single one.

Any of the "rightist" or "paleo" types like me, that I know of, dug in their heels in 2016 and either refused, wrote in, voted LP or what have you.

Even in 2016 I saw large numbers of ex-Paulers that were now in the Bernie camp.

The of the former, like myself, that have grudgingly decided to support Trump in 2020 do so only after 4 year of watching what has been happening.
    It's hard for me not to look to anecdotal evidence as to why Trump is a net benefit for moving the ball forward.

If y'all only knew my mother. This is a woman who hadn't voted since Bill Clinton's first run in the early 90's.

You can imagine my shock when, in 2016 for the first time in my adult life, she voted in an election and I didn't.

I couldn't get her to watch anything Paul-related during either of Ron's first two runs but now I've got her watching Rand interviews and she's no longer apathetic. She didn't disagree with Ron Paul at the time, she just didn't care.

I don't know what it is about Trump, but he's giving us an opening to reach people, but instead of pushing forward with the message there's a lot of folks doing what libertarians usually do, which is go pout in a corner, blowing every opportunity that comes along regardless of how large or small it is.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-18-2020 at 01:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Bernie also did.

Two thirds of the Ron people had no interest in limited government and liberty, but were either just lefties driven by weed legalization, queeer marriage or were anti-war, or right wingers driven by lower taxes, deregulation, or were anti-immigrant.

Once perceived better fits came along in the shape of Bernie and Trump respectively, they were gone.

Pretty much my POV.
    There is no spoon.

This is true. Part of the reason is that half of the movement has been suckered back into the swamp by Trump's siren song, and half of the ones who didn't get suckered by Trump think that anyone who complains about people being suckered is "deranged ". Seriously multiple members have repeatedly said over many years that they chose Trump over Rand; let's not bury our heads in the sand.

Some people here have TDDS: Trump derangement derangement syndrome.
    TRUTH!
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Bill Kristol,David Frum, Max Boot & some other Neocons left the Republican Party because of Trump opposition to the Iraq war.
    The are the same people who said Pat Buchanan & Ron Paul should leave the Republican Party.
    I'm thankful to Trump for this alone!

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Dude, those are pretty catchy! "Randstanding" "Randstanders" very nice.

What Trump never does is point out who the Deep State is, outside of Swordy's mere surface labels like "it's teh FBI". Nothing about who the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc really work for. Nothing about the CFR and the CFR's parent org, the RIIA, in London, for example. What has been "exposed" is surface level nonsense to divert deeper investigation into who's really running things in this country, and has for a long time, and therefore who is running Trump and our cherished national elections overall.
    The MSM would crucify him as a conspiracy theorist.
    That's why Q takes care of that kind of thing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's hard for me not to look to anecdotal evidence as to why Trump is a net benefit for moving the ball forward.

If y'all only knew my mother. This is a woman who hadn't voted since Bill Clinton's first run in the early 90's.

You can imagine my shock when, in 2016 for the first time in my adult life, she voted in an election and I didn't.

I couldn't get her to watch anything Paul-related during either of Ron's first two runs but now I've got her watching Rand interviews and she's no longer apathetic. She didn't disagree with Ron Paul at the time, she just didn't care.

I don't know what it is about Trump, but he's giving us an opening to reach people, but instead of pushing forward with the message there's a lot of folks doing what libertarians usually do, which is go pout in a corner, blowing every opportunity that comes along regardless of how large or small it is.
    And beating people off with sticks for not being pure enough.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not Alike

And beating people off with sticks for not being pure enough.
    Nobody is stopping you from pushing forward with "the message"; but don't confuse your message with being of the same essence as Dr. Ron Paul's because it's not. That's the problem. Those of you who support Trump are not in the same camp as those of us who have fought, taught, and advocated for the principles of a true, Constitutional republic that emphasizes things like the preservation of God-given rights, advancement of sound money and a true free-market system that doesn't have central banking at its core, a sensible and diplomatic foreign policy where we aren't policing the world and bribing foreign nations in order to steal their national resources, etc.

So if you want to support the "Orange Man," then go ahead. But don't ever define your efforts as being the same as forwarding the causes which Dr. Ron Paul stood for during his campaigns. Start your own forums, gather your own grassroots, and preach the "Gospel of MAGA" to all who will hear it, but you seriously need to leave this place and stop trying to evangelize those who have higher standards of liberty and freedom than you do.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Nobody is stopping you from pushing forward with "the message"; but don't confuse your message with being of the same essence as Dr. Ron Paul's because it's not. That's the problem. Those of you who support Trump are not in the same camp as those of us who have fought, taught, and advocated for the principles of a true, Constitutional republic that emphasizes things like the preservation of God-given rights, advancement of sound money and a true free-market system that doesn't have central banking at its core, a sensible and diplomatic foreign policy where we aren't policing the world and bribing foreign nations in order to steal their national resources, etc.

So if you want to support the "Orange Man," then go ahead. But don't ever define your efforts as being the same as forwarding the causes which Dr. Ron Paul stood for during his campaigns. Start your own forums, gather your own grassroots, and preach the "Gospel of MAGA" to all who will hear it, but you seriously need to leave this place and stop trying to evangelize those who have higher standards of liberty and freedom than you do.

Nobody here claims trump is perfect nor would we choose him if we got to appoint the President ourselves.

We support him because he is the least of all possible goods and is moving things in the right direction.

Your "holier than thou" attitude is exactly why libertarians have no real allies and never make any progress.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sounds like the propaganda you were taught to ensure libertarian beliefs are an extreme minority politically in this country. In the real world you have to make sacrifices, alliances, make in roads so you do not lose more of your rights and move us closer in the right direction. Sometimes that means supporting candidates that will erode less of our rights since what is the alternative?

I believe the establishment elites and Socialists have made significant in-roads to ensure libertarians are not and are never a factor politically in this country. They do it through this brainwashing of claiming to be libertarians and then telling people like you to stick to your guns 100% and sit home if you have to at election time. Voter suppression with the intended consequence to move the country further to the left each cycle.

Grab a Shovel and Stop Staring at Orange Lights

Nobody here claims trump is perfect nor would we choose him if we got to appoint the President ourselves.

We support him because he is the least of all possible goods and is moving things in the right direction.

Your "holier than thou" attitude is exactly why libertarians have no real allies and never make any progress.
    Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is why our country never makes any progress. Generation after generation, people compromise on the axioms and principles which uphold a free republic, all for the sake of "doing something." The fact that you believe Trump is "moving things in the right direction" illustrates the delusion which is characteristic of those who continue to "vote for the lesser of two evils" instead of voting for what's objectively good.

Under Trump, we still have slaughter of the unborn, inflation of our money supply, continue occupation of foreign lands, violations of the Constitution by the executive branch, incremental sieges of the right to own whatever we want to defend ourselves, and the list goes on. You're so busy looking at treatments of symptoms that you've completely ignored root causes, and because of that, people like you will never make any progress.

So I'm not "holier than thou"; I'm just digging deeper than you are to undermine ideas that keep us in debt, in confusion and turmoil, and most of all, keep us with blood on our hands.

Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is why our country never makes any progress. Generation after generation, people compromise on the axioms and principles which uphold a free republic, all for the sake of "doing something." The fact that you believe Trump is "moving things in the right direction" illustrates the delusion which is characteristic of those who continue to "vote for the lesser of two evils" instead of voting for what's objectively good.

Under Trump, we still have slaughter of the unborn, inflation of our money supply, continue occupation of foreign lands, violations of the Constitution by the executive branch, incremental sieges of the right to own whatever we want to defend ourselves, and the list goes on. You're so busy looking at treatments of symptoms that you've completely ignored root causes, and because of that, people like you will never make any progress.

So I'm not "holier than thou"; I'm just digging deeper than you are to undermine ideas that keep us in debt, in confusion and turmoil, and most of all, keep us with blood on our hands.
    Trump is NOT the lesser of two evils, he is least of all possible goods.
    He is moving things in the right direction, our enemies didn't get us where we are overnight and we can't undo what they did overnight either.

You are "holier than thou" for telling those of us who choose some progress over demanding perfection and getting nothing that we don't want the same end results you and Ron want.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Au Contraire, Manchurian Voter

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Sounds like the propaganda you were taught to ensure libertarian beliefs are an extreme minority politically in this country. In the real world you have to make sacrifices, alliances, make in roads so you do not lose more of your rights and move us closer in the right direction. Sometimes that means supporting candidates that will erode less of our rights since what is the alternative?

I believe the establishment elites and Socialists have made significant in-roads to ensure libertarians are not and are never a factor politically in this country. They do it through this brainwashing of claiming to be libertarians and then telling people like you to stick to your guns 100% and sit home if you have to at election time. Voter suppression with the intended consequence to move the country further to the left each cycle.
    The ballot box is not the only container we need to advance in the right direction. (By the way, you need to make sure you have the right definition of what is "the right direction" before you start moving, but that's another topic.). Besides voting, we also need the soap box, the prayer box, the coin box, and the ammo box. Those are the alternatives we have to work with when there are no candidates worthy of supporting.

Yes, we need to make sacrifices, alliances, etc., and who says that libertarians haven't done that? But choosing not to "vote for the lesser of two evils" has nothing to do with being brainwashed by establishment elites and Socialists. On the contrary, it's those of you who continue to "vote for the lesser of two evils" that have fallen in step with the establishment elites and Socialists because they know they can promote whomever they want, and just as long as that candidate says a percentage of the things which tickle the ears of certain voting blocs, those elites/Socialists know they can remain in power, at the expense of your "ballot box tithe."

That's what you call "voter suppression." So don't blame libertarians or "purists" for the political shifts every election cycle; that's on those of you who vote in fear and not in principle.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump supporters are run-of-the-mill GOPers, maybe weighted toward those who especially dislike Obama (Communist Muslim, Hannity, Obama Camps, etc, etc). I've not seen any real change in voting behavior for as long as I've been watching this circus act. Make sure you vote terribly hard, just in case the one partisan hack beats the other.

Some People Walk and Never Learn to Stand

Trump is NOT the lesser of two evils, he is least of all possible goods.
    He is moving things in the right direction, our enemies didn't get us where we are overnight and we can't undo what they did overnight either.

You are "holier than thou" for telling those of us who choose some progress over demanding perfection and getting nothing that we don't want the same end results you and Ron want.
    Trump just granted clemency to one of the most crooked politicians in the history of Illinois, and you have the audacity to actually type with the same fingers that you fold in prayers to our God that Trump is a "possible good"? Can you not see how inconsistent you are, Swordsmyth?

For all the death, theft, and debt that our country has been involved in, yes, I'll demand "perfection" instead of "lesser evils" or "least of possible good." There's too much at stake to be compromising our values and standards at this point. Just look at the type of people who continue to occupy the Oval Office, and observe what our chambers of Congress have become. Our children ought to be ashamed of us for the world we're leaving to them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast