Thread: Businessman drops bid to unseat Congressman Justin Amash

Thumbs up Businessman drops bid to unseat Congressman Justin Amash

GRAND RAPIDS, MI — Businessman Joel Langlois has suspended his campaign for Michigan’s 3rd Congressional District seat.

Langlois, 59, announced his decision on Facebook Thursday afternoon. He said he was suspending his campaign for “personal reasons” but did not elaborate.

He could not be reached for further comment.

“I made a commitment to my family that I would run a truthful and honest campaign that focused on positive messages about myself,” Langlois wrote. “I also committed to them that I would not use the tactics of today’s politics by smearing my opponents with lies and out-of-context sound bites. I am confident stating that I have lived up to that commitment.”

Langlois, who owns the DeltaPlex Arena and Conference Center in Walker, tied his candidacy to his support of President Donald Trump. His campaign slogan was “Make Congress Great Again,” and in press materials billed himself as the only candidate in the congressional race who worked to elect Trump in 2016.

Trump held at least two rallies at the DeltaPlex during the 2016 campaign.

Six other candidates say they are running in the August 2020 Republican primary election for the 3rd Congressional District.
    https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rap...outputType=amp

Buh-bye, looser; one down, nine to go. #amashforliberty
    Last edited by The Rebel Poet; 02-16-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post

Langlois, who owns the DeltaPlex Arena and Conference Center in Walker, tied his candidacy to his support of President Donald Trump.
    https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rap...outputType=amp

Buh-bye, looser; one down, nine to go. #amashforliberty
    Supporting President Trump is a losing strategy. Donnell is the kiss of death for a candidate.

Amash will be reelected.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 02-16-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Supporting President Trump is a losing strategy. Donnell is the kiss of death for a candidate.

Amash will be reelected.
    I hope he makes it. He's not short of cash. He's raised more than he ever has when he was a Rethuglican.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

More bad news for globalist neocons funded politicians and their enablers.
    The Devos family -big Trump supporters - live in his district! They will do anything to beat him and will back a puppet with as much money as possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsy_DeVos

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    The Devos family -big Trump supporters - live in his district! They will do anything to beat him and will back a puppet with as much money as possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsy_DeVos
    They're all in for Meijer. Meijer is a much more dangerous opponent than Brian Ellis.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I actually donated to Amash. Outside of Rand 2016 this was the only donation I've made since the days of Ron Paul moneybombs.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to [everybody above this post] again.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Hopefully Amash can still keep his seat.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge