View Poll Results: Which is the best, worst decade?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1950's best decade

2 11.76%
  • 1960's best decade

0 0%
  • 1970's best decade

7 41.18%
  • 1980's best decade

2 11.76%
  • 1990's best decade

1 5.88%
  • 2000's best decade

0 0%
  • 2010's best decade

2 11.76%
  • 1950's worst decade

0 0%
  • 1960's worst decade

1 5.88%
  • 1970's worst decade

0 0%
  • 1980's worst decade

1 5.88%
  • 1990's worst decade

1 5.88%
  • 2000's worst decade

4 23.53%
  • 2010'worst decade

9 52.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate that decade!

Rate that decade!

Which decade did you like best? Which one the least?

I doubt anyone here is old enough to rate the 40's so I didn't go there, probably very few that remember the 50's. Poll is multiple choice.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 01-01-2020 at 08:48 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm still debating on which one I think was the worst.
    "The Patriarch"

The only decades I've lived in are the 90s,00s,10s, and now the 20s. I'll say 90s are the best due to nostalgia and the 10s were the worst mainly because Obama was the president for most of it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I'm still debating on which one I think was the worst.
    That's me , going with the last two full decades before I retired would be 1990's and 2000's , also producers of bad music and my 401K falling to half, muh GM stock going to zero , Obama and Obamacare.Shudder
    Do something Danke

It's all a mixed bag for me.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I see I have a fellow 70's fan in donnay
    "The Patriarch"

70's - best
    2010's - worst

I see I have a fellow 70's fan in donnay
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    70's had the best feel. This sounds weird, but it seems like people were the most "real" in that decade.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    70's had the best feel. This sounds weird, but it seems like people were the most "real" in that decade.
    Yeah... the 70's were quite good. Still had some Summer of Love vibe leftover, and Top 100 music was still made by real humans playing real instruments.

Disco and synthesizers ruined the 80's lol

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    70's - best
    2010's - worst
    ^^^^^^^^^^^THIS ^^^^^^^^^

70's is killin' it. Glad I'm not the only one, lol.
    "The Patriarch"

Torn here...

The 70s were OK, but maybe only if you were a kid or teenager. Stagflation, gas lines, double digit mortgage interest rates, unemployment and crime were all pretty bad.

I'm gonna go with the 90s for best, at least for me personally. Technology was at it's peak, while not having turned into the Big Brother nightmare it has become. The music scene was awesome. I was having the most fun I've ever had in my work, was not overwhelmed with personal responsibilities and debts, still young and fit and feeling good enough to tackle anything at all. Yeah Bill Clinton was awful, and it was 1993 that the government finally got around to taking it's mask off and declaring open warfare on us, that goes on to this day, but all told...yeah, 90s.

The 2010s for worst, hands down.

This whole decade has been a royal PITA.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Dunno, the decade can be what you make of it.

Everything before 9/11?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Torn here...

The 70s were OK, but maybe only if you were a kid or teenager. Stagflation, gas lines, double digit mortgage interest rates, unemployment and crime were all pretty bad.

I'm gonna go with the 90s for best, at least for me personally. Technology was at it's peak, while not having turned into the Big Brother nightmare it has become. The music scene was awesome. I was having the most fun I've ever had in my work, was not overwhelmed with personal responsibilities and debts, still young and fit and feeling good enough to tackle anything at all. Yeah Bill Clinton was awful, and it was 1993 that the government finally got around to taking it's mask off and declaring open warfare on us, that goes on to this day, but all told...yeah, 90s.

The 2010s for worst, hands down.

This whole decade has been a royal PITA.
    I was a kid in the 60's. The 70's had it's bad spots to be sure, but it seemed like the world just had a different feel to it back then. But I'm sure any age group will say the same thing.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was a kid in the 60's. The 70's had it's bad spots to be sure, but it seemed like the world just had a different feel to it back then. But I'm sure any age group will say the same thing.
    exactly. I loved the 80s cuz I was a kid; but many of my favorite memories are from this millennium having met my wife and had a son.

70’s... just cuz.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Everything before 9/11?
    Winner.

They told us everything would change after that.

And they weren't kidding.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    exactly. I loved the 80s cuz I was a kid; but many of my favorite memories are from this millennium having met my wife and had a son.
    Yes, that was the 90s for me, and just over the line into early 2002.

And while my kids are a rare joy in my life, most everything else has faded...

I asked.my grandmother in law which decade was best and she said, "the 30s, even with the depression and everything."

No, it's not just middle aged grousing and an old man's nostalgia.

Things were...brighter...more vivid...or to paraphrase Capt. Jack Sparrow: "The world has not grown smaller...there's just...less in it."

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
    In a world of magnets and miracles
    Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
    The ringing of the division bell had begun

Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway
    Do they still meet there by the Cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
    Running before times took our dreams away
    Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
    To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
    The light was brighter
    When friends surrounded
    The nights of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
    To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
    Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
    Dragged by the force of some in a tide
    At a higher altitude with flag unfurled
    We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
    There's a hunger still unsatisfied
    Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
    Though down this road we've been so many times

The grass was greener
    The light was brighter
    The taste was sweeter
    The nights of wonder
    With friends surrounded
    The dawn mist glowing
    The water flowing
    The endless river

Forever and ever...

I remember 2019 like it was yesterday!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The 80's were the best for me. I had money and youth. Work was just a way to finance the party.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't vote for best because I didn't see 1920's.

Would I be correct that a majority of y'all are about 55-65?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post

You think the 20's were best or worst ? Anyway , anyone picking the 2010's as best has to buy me a shot .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-01-2020 at 09:37 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post

You didn't see them for the same reason you didn't see the 40's, nobody here was around then.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    It's all a mixed bag for me.
    I finally voted. I voted for the 2010s as the best and worst. Furrh me, it really was the best of times and the worst of times. Its definitely ended on a great note though.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    I finally voted. I voted for the 2010s as the best and worst. Furrh me, it really was the best of times and the worst of times. Its definitely ended on a great note though.
    It's actually kind of tough, they all had their ups and downs.
    "The Patriarch"

I decided to vote. 2010's best because Ron Paul stuff. 2000's worst because Bush 9/11 stuff.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast