Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump is pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal

I am though a little concerned about maxine waters and pittsburg or other communists attacking so I am making more arrows tonight . Now that it is clear pittsburg is a french city there will be no quarter given. Pennsylvanias electoral votes should be revoked .
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-02-2017 at 10:13 PM.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It Begins – German Auto Makers Fear Losing Competitive Advantage Over U.S…
    Posted on June 2, 2017 by sundance

For those following along over the past two years this will not come as a surprise. European manufacturers understand the entire foundation for the Paris Treaty was about economics, economic advantages and the transfer of economic strength away from the U.S., not climate. Specifically for Germany the outlook is especially troubling.

First, Germany will be the primary EU country to fill the financial void from the U.K. leaving the EU (Brexit); that financial hole is approximately €15 billion per year. Secondly, Germany will be faced with having to renegotiate trade deals with the U.S. while they remain encumbered with the regulatory burden of the Paris treaty, while the U.S. negotiators are not. This is a large advantage for Team America.

As such, today we see and immediate reaction. German auto manufacturers announce they are faced with losing a competitive advantage over the U.S. in the global market, and will now need to reassess their domestic production and manufacturing standards:

REUTERS Germany’s powerful car industry said Europe would need to reassess its environmental standards to remain competitive after the United States said it would withdraw from the Paris climate pact.

President Donald Trump said on Thursday he would withdraw the United States from the landmark 2015 global agreement to fight climate change, drawing anger and condemnation from world leaders and heads of industry.

“The regrettable announcement by the USA makes it inevitable that Europe must facilitate a cost efficient and economically feasible climate policy to remain internationally competitive,” Matthias Wissmann, president of the German auto industry lobby group VDA, said in a statement on Friday.

“The preservation of our competitive position is the precondition for successful climate protection. This correlation is often underestimated,” Wissmann said, adding that the decision by the Unites States was disappointing.

The VDA said electricity and energy prices are already higher in Germany than in the United States, putting Germany at a disadvantage. (link)

Think about the underlying argument here.

Funny that. Apparently, when push comes to economic shove the German sensibilities are connected more to their economics than to any do-gooder need to save the planet.

It won’t stop with Germany either. Specifically by design of their negotiating teams, China and South-East Asia writ large are inoculated from the economic damage of the Paris Treaty. The EU and the U.S. were set-up by the global financial systems to fall hardest on the economic sword of redistribution. Other massive manufacturing growth economies did not have to meet the same level of intentional economic infliction.

Germany is merely responding to the predictable future.

We can anticipate many more industrialized nations accepting the looming financial burden and positioning themselves for the exits. Anticipate treaty exits coming faster than a fat kid playing dodge ball.

Bottom Line:

We are no longer an American economy being led by “stupid people”…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...tage-over-u-s/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Toyota sells all shares in Tesla as their tie-up ends

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-to...siness+News%29
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    We arent meeting the benchmarks for carbon emissions regardless of the deal being in effect. If i had to guess, its quite likely ALL energy companies know exactly what is going on with the climate as it is their incentive to know if the earth is warming due to human factors. These companies all have some internal research aside from what NASA puts out, but they sure as hell arent going to alarm the public about it.

However I laugh at those who say climate change is a hoax (all the while believing a man 2,000 years ago was crucified and then rose from the dead). There are no absolutes, especially in science... but if I had a question theoretical physics, I would surely trust Stephen Hawking to come up with an answer that is more than likely to be true over Donald Trump or Steve Bannon, laymen in these fields.
    Agreed. But this isn't as much about the climate change debate as it is the power. Obama signed off on it without Senate approval - some people took that as overstepping limits. Others are not willing to cede sovereign power to unelected global leaders, and some of us just think it's foolish to spend so much money for such a meager return.

If it's true that all these companies have horrifying secret research they're not releasing, then certainly they'll start working to curb emissions. There's no law saying they can't. And if history is an indicator, the changes that emerge from a free market solution will also save money.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Did you even watch the speech? He said he's getting out so he can renegotiate it and get back in.

<clip>

Come on, man...you still believe $#@! that politicians say????
    Wait - wot?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Good, stick the free market where you aren't putting a gun to other people's heads.
    Paypal/X. com aside, his whole empire is built on subsidies.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Wait - wot?
    What's so hard to understand? Trump's words (which btw are worth squat without a signature to withdraw, as principal of the corporate United States Inc entity, that revokes Obama's signature, as previous principal, to get in) were that the Paris Accord is a bad deal for the US and his plan is to pull out so the terms can be renegotiated and then sign back up. What's the point of signing back up to an obvious carbon tax scheme under "better terms"? That's like saying you'd rather be scammed out of $500 than $1000. I think I'd rather not be scammed at all tyvm.

I still struggle to understand why anyone trusts anything from yet another Goldman controlled administration. You simply can't believe anything they say.

Last edited by devil21; 06-03-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I think pulling out of of the agreement is a good thing, but my guess is that it's a tiny fraction of what makes us uncompetitive globally. Taxes are probably the biggest, followed by other regulations and lawsuits. And cutting taxes doesn't help unless you cut spending and actually bring down the debt. Cutting spending, that's the hard part.

Al Gore has another movie coming out July 28.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    What's so hard to understand? Trump's words (which btw are worth squat without a signature to withdraw, as principal of the corporate United States Inc entity, that revokes Obama's signature, as previous principal, to get in) were that the Paris Accord is a bad deal for the US and his plan is to pull out so the terms can be renegotiated and then sign back up. What's the point of signing back up to an obvious carbon tax scheme under "better terms"? That's like saying you'd rather be scammed out of $500 than $1000. I think I'd rather not be scammed at all tyvm.

I still struggle to understand why anyone trusts anything from yet another Goldman controlled administration. You simply can't believe anything they say.

[img]httny/giphy.gif[/img]
    Is he lying when he says he isn't renegotiating it, or do you trust him there?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump should have just said that as long as we are global policeman of the globe, our massive non-green bombs and extremely fuel-inefficient wars machinery have such huge impact on the climate + globe that we should drop all these feel good dramas until we address more important issues first. Paris is wrong city for global concerns given their horrible role in Libya/Syria ISIS warming and global impact.

He need to go back to being the troublemaker for the establishment neocons' owners.

Related

Putin : Don't Worry, Be Happy

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I didn't sell my soul!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Is he lying when he says he isn't renegotiating it, or do you trust him there?
    I don't know what to think, other than in no scenario do I see Trump doing anything that benefits the little guy as long as his entire audience front row is all Goldman/Rothschild/CFR. All of this 'yay Trump' crap that's sprouted from this *whatever it is* announcement is exactly what they needed to herd his dwindling base back onto the plantation for a little while longer.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-04-2017 at 01:08 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    If man made climate change is a myth then why are so many people afraid of nuclear war with Russia?
    Because nuclear war would damage the environment.

If man made climate change is a myth then why are so many people afraid of nuclear war with Russia?
    because dead people?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    because dead people?
    Yep, ones real and the other isn't.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Would Ron Paul stay in or leave the Paris deal?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Because nuclear war would damage the environment.
    That's what I don't understand, if you can consider the ramifications of human technology, and its affect on the environment, and then proceed to say that man cannot change the environment. I thinks its hilarious, like they say the scientists have a financial incentive while using energy companies talking point of saying its fake. I just think its hilarious that the whole left-right false bipartisan bickering has lead people to believe that climate change isn't real because snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Would Ron Paul stay in or leave the Paris deal?
    Ron Paul would of let energy companies compete instead of keeping goverment monopolies on energy. We might not even be using oil right now if Trump's friend Reince Priebus didn't rig the 2012 RNC.

That's what I don't understand, if you can consider the ramifications of human technology, and its affect on the environment, and then proceed to say that man cannot change the environment. I thinks its hilarious, like they say the scientists have a financial incentive while using energy companies talking point of saying its fake. I just think its hilarious that the whole left-right false bipartisan bickering has lead people to believe that climate change isn't real because snow.
    Well, it all depends on what they claim is causing the damage. Carbon dioxide is a bit different from nuclear fallout. We know fallout is going to do a lot of damage, but it has yet to be proven that carbon dioxide changes the climate anymore than pissing in a Olympic size swimming pool, changes it's salinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Well, it all depends on what they claim is causing the damage. Carbon dioxide is a bit different from nuclear fallout. We know fallout is going to do a lot of damage, but it has yet to be proven that carbon dioxide changes the climate anymore than pissing in a Olympic size swimming pool, changes it's salinity.
    Exxon knew about climate change in the 70's, if you are in doubt about it then you are basically doubting the world is round.

Exxon knew about climate change in the 70's, if you are in doubt about it then you are basically doubting the world is round.
    Hogwash, If you trust Exxon you trust the Banksters. If you trust NASA you trust the Banksters. Long term Solar cycles cause "climate change".
    Man could not affect "climate change" if we tried. Nature is far bigger and more powerful than we are.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Hogwash, If you trust Exxon you trust the Banksters. If you trust NASA you trust the Banksters. Long term Solar cycles cause "climate change".
    Man could not affect "climate change" if we tried. Nature is far bigger and more powerful than we are.
    Those were internal reports that their top scientists were saying, they publicly deny it and have funded lots of misinformation claiming burning fossil fuels doesn't warm the atmosphere and cause climate change.

Those were internal reports that their top scientists were saying, they publicly deny it and have funded lots of misinformation claiming burning fossil fuels doesn't warm the atmosphere and cause climate change.
    They are playing the "BAD GUY" so that simplistic Liberals can point to them and scream. They generated those "internal reports" so they could be exposed as part of the big Con game.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nature is far bigger and more powerful than we are.
    Man is a part of nature, that's like saying god can cook a frozen burrito so hot in the microwave that even he can't eat it.

They are playing the "BAD GUY" so that simplistic Liberals can point to them and scream. They generated those "internal reports" so they could be exposed as part of the big Con game.
    NO dude, the guy's running the country, the Rex Tillerson's are in charge of government and there is a government monopoly on oil. They don't give a $#@! if we $#@! up the planet because they are making trillions of dollars off of oil.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast