Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/OutFrontCNN/stat...60082418110464
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Noting that neither Trump nor his spokespeople deny that Trump gave the Russians the classified information. They are only arguing over how much information he actually revealed.

Trump Tweets on sharing intelligence:

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-16-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm gonna take a wild guess..

It's either Saudi Arabia or Israel..
    Hysterical media is saying it was Israel. Shocking.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If I were Trump, I would find out who leaked what was said at that meeting and have them removed from future meetings. Further, I would make sure their security clearance was dropped back to unclassified.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 05-16-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Report: Trump Revealed ‘Top Secret’ Info During Meeting With Russia FM
    by Jason Ditz, May 15, 2017

...This apparently came in the form of Trump revealing that the intelligence came from a source in a certain ISIS city, which was not named in the media reports on it, but apparently which some US officials believe could be used to identify the source by the Russians, if they so choose. Officials subsequently publicly identified the nation that was the source as Israel, meaning they were so angry at Trump telliing Russia that they told everybody.

Obviously, Russia doesn’t like ISIS any more than the US does, and would have no reason to share this information with ISIS, though such common sense appears lacking in the endless and wildly speculative US hostility toward Russia.
    Hysterical media: "OMG! Trump gave info about ISIS to Russia, and now Russia will tell ISIS!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Republicans Demand More Detail on Trump’s Meeting With Russians

By JENNIFER STEINHAUER and EMMARIE HUETTEMANMAY 16, 2017

WASHINGTON — Top lawmakers, including the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, demanded on Tuesday that the White House provide details concerning President Trump’s meeting last week with Russian officials during which he revealed sensitive intelligence information.

The Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, who has been largely silent on the president’s increasing troubles concerning Russia, carefully pleaded with the administration to stop impeding the Republican agenda. Even as he tried to change the conversation to health care, the focus remained firmly on the president and Russia.

“I think we could do with a little less drama from the White House on a lot of things so that we can focus on our agenda,” Mr. McConnell said in an interview on Bloomberg Television on Tuesday morning, reflecting an increasingly frustrated Republican majority over the White House mishaps.

Later, during a news conference on Capitol Hill, when asked if he was concerned about Mr. Trump’s competence in handling intelligence information, Mr. McConnell paused for several beats before responding, “No.”

Lawmakers in both parties were largely confounded by the latest controversy, one in a series of self-made crises that has hobbled their ability to move forward with any of Mr. Trump’s policy priorities.

“Once again, we are faced with inexplicable stories coming from the White House that are highly troubling,” said Representative Barbara Comstock, Republican of Virginia, who is up for re-election next year in a highly competitive swing district.

“We need to have immediate classified briefings on what occurred at this meeting so that Congress can at least know as much as Russian leaders and know the impact on our national security, our allies, and our men and women protecting our country,” she said in a statement.

The often shifting narrative coming out of the White House has also made it nearly impossible for lawmakers to get a grasp of what happened and how to respond, or to weigh the potential damage to their party.

“In order for me to judge the appropriateness or not, I have to have context,” Senator Thom Tillis, Republican of North Carolina, said. “If it is in fact true that this information was shared with the Russian ambassador, it seems to me it’d be O.K. to be shared with U.S. senators.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/u...ite-house.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Not too surprised considering that Trump sees Russia an ally in fight against ISIS terrorists and their "founding father" Obama.

That said, Trump should consider toning down his language a bit , he calls fakenews media "enemy of American public". He could have just called them "distortionists" in bed with DGP's masters.

Oddly, why neoconwing media did not do any complaining about Obama sharing intel with regimes that supported ISIS terrorists?

‘Gift from hell that keeps on giving’
    The Washington Times Thursday, September 12, 2013
    The latest came this week, in response to a report from British press that revealed the National Security Agency commonly provides Israel with intelligence data — without first stripping out private and personal information on American citizens. The Guardian in London reported the item, the latest in its coverage of document leaks from Edward Snowden.

Related

Trump seems to be mostly getting a pass on this. He allegedly said he hopes Putin will like him few minutes after claiming that Putin had referred to Obama with n-word.

Trump implies Putin called Obama the N-word

By Caitlin Yilek
    Donald Trump on Wednesday implied that Russian President Vladimir Putin has used the N-word when talking about President Obama and said he would command more respect as president.
    “Putin has said things over the last year that are really bad things,” Trump said at a press conference in Florida. “He mentioned the N-word one time. I was shocked to hear him mention the N-word.” Trump said Putin has “a total lack of respect” for Obama.
    “No. 1, he doesn’t like him. And No. 2, he doesn’t respect him,” the billionaire said.
    Trump then asserted that Putin would have more respect for him if he succeeds Obama in the White House.
    “I think he’s going to respect your president if I’m elected, and I hope he likes me,” he said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-talking-about

While there are no news reports suggesting that ISIS brought down Russian plane or that Israel helped ISIS, is media neocons going crazy because Trump shared Israeli "intel" about ISIS threats to Russian planes?

Israel provided intelligence Trump shared with Russia: report

By Jonathan Easley - 05/16/17

The highly classified information President Trump revealed to Russian diplomats at an Oval Office meeting came from Israel, according to a report in The New York Times.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-russia-report

Related

Netanyahu advised US against attacking ISIS, wants violence between ISIS-Iran

Israel ‘Concerned’ over US War On ISIS

ISIS and Israel to attack Hezbullah in Lebanon

Will Neocons-Al Qaeda alliance end well?

Controversial zionist Charles Krauthammer making neocons' case for alliance with Al Qaeda:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRUeJYFZ94

Syria: The Strange US/Israel/Al-Qaeda Ménage à Trois

Israel's plan was to bomb Western targets, make it seem as though Egypt was behind the attacks
    Nov. 11, 2009
    The Lavon affair - also known locally as esek habish, "the rotten business" - was a plan to discredit Egypt's government, then headed by Gamal Abdel Nasser, by bombing theaters, post offices and U.S. and British institutions, and making it seem as though Egypt was behind the bombings. The thinking in Israel at the time was that if the British were to give up control of the Suez Canal, it would be left in Egypt's hands, putting Cairo in a better position to exert pressure on Israel.
    The agents were told "to undermine the West's trust in the [Egyptian] government by causing public insecurity" while concealing Israel's role in the sabotage.

Russian Defence Ministry publishes cartoon with Grim Reaper

People light candles in memory of the 224 victims of the Russian airplane crash in Egypt

The first drawing showed a passenger's skull, with the caption: "The dangers of Russian low-cost flights". The second showed the plane's debris falling on an Islamist militant, with the legend: "The Russian air force is intensifying its air strikes."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    If I were Trump, I would find out who leaked what was said at that meeting and have them removed from future meetings. Further, I would make sure their security clearance was dropped back to unclassified.
    Well, that's assuming it was somebody that isn't Russia or Israel.

Even though it's very much in Russia's interest to distance itself publicly from the "ridiculous Russian conspiracy", they do gain credibility by America looking foolish.

I'd say it's quite plausible Trump was making an effort to be sincere and frank in Russian meeting, and perhaps the Russians themselves leaked to Israel and Israel leaked to the press that this "supposed" intel got out.

There's a ton of plausible scenarios for both domestic and international players. But it did get leaked, and it doesn't seem to benefit Trump domestically or America in general.

Trump himself shouldn't be focused on "I'm the President, I can do what I want!" but should keep the focus on "Who the hell is talking about what I talked about in a private meeting?"
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/statu...21841078427649

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Well, that's assuming it was somebody that isn't Russia or Israel.

Even though it's very much in Russia's interest to distance itself publicly from the "ridiculous Russian conspiracy", they do gain credibility by America looking foolish.

I'd say it's quite plausible Trump was making an effort to be sincere and frank in Russian meeting, and perhaps the Russians themselves leaked to Israel and Israel leaked to the press that this "supposed" intel got out.

There's a ton of plausible scenarios for both domestic and international players. But it did get leaked, and it doesn't seem to benefit Trump domestically or America in general.

Trump himself shouldn't be focused on "I'm the President, I can do what I want!" but should keep the focus on "Who the hell is talking about what I talked about in a private meeting?"
    There weren't that many people at that meeting. It's my thought, it was one of those Obama people who needs to be kicked in the balls and thrown out of there. They have been at it ever since Trump got in office and I'm sure they are not going to stop, till they are either far enough away from him or removed in some other way.

Yeah, he should be concerned as to who his enemies are and whether they are at those meetings.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There weren't that many people at that meeting. It's my thought, it was one of those Obama people who needs to be kicked in the balls and thrown out of there. They have been at it ever since Trump got in office and I'm sure they are not going to stop, till they are either far enough away from him or removed in some other way.

Yeah, he should be concerned as to who his enemies are and whether they are at those meetings.
    It can be harder than it seems to find the leakers. There was a NSC staffer and also 1 or 2 Russian counterparts there whose job it is to take notes, which then get disseminated to their respective groups with high enough clearance to read them. So it may have been someone among several dozen people.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    It can be harder than it seems to find the leakers. There was a NSC staffer and also 1 or 2 Russian counterparts there whose job it is to take notes, which then get disseminated to their respective groups with high enough clearance to read them. So it may have been someone among several dozen people.
    Well, if he hasn't fumigated the White House and gotten rid of all the Obama crap that was left in it, he needs to get down to brass tacks and clean house.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Hope? Trump has done wonders the last ten days to cure my apathy. Comey gets thrown to curb. He throws a much needed olive branch to the Russians in public to intentionally spite the Deep State. Now it's believed he's also dissed the ZOG.

Last edited by AuH20; 05-16-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Well, if he hasn't fumigated the White House and gotten rid of all the Obama crap that was left in it, he needs to get down to brass tacks and clean house.
    These are people who stay in the job no matter who is president. Probably some of them have been there since Reagan.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/16/politi...-what-we-know/

Who was in the meeting?

US

Donald Trump -- President
    Rex Tillerson -- Secretary of State
    H.R. McMaster -- National Security Adviser
    Dina Powell -- Deputy National Security Adviser
    Missing? Jared Kushner -- Trump's son-in-law and top aide

Russia

Sergey Lavrov -- Russian Foreign Minister
    Sergey Kislyak -- Russian ambassador to the US
    A slew of other unidentified Russian aides

(the meeting was openly scheduled but the only media allowed was Russian state media TASS photographer)

Did Russians leak the info?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politi...ans/index.html

White House furious after being trolled with Russia Oval Office photos

The White House did not anticipate that the Russian government would allow its state news agency to post photographs of an Oval Office meeting between President Donald Trump, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russia's ambassador to the US, a White House official said.

Photos of Wednesday's meeting, taken by a Russian state news media photographer one day after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey amid questions about possible Trump campaign collusion with Moscow, were ultimately posted by Russia's news agency, TASS.

The White House did not post photos of the meeting until Thursday. The State Department did post photos of Lavrov's meeting with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, but that was open to the press.

"They tricked us," an angry White House official said.

"That's the problem with the Russians -- they lie," the official added.

The Russians used the photos to troll the White House in its social media posts Wednesday. The Russian Foreign Ministry posted a photo of a smiling US President shaking hands with Lavrov on Twitter, adding strange and ironic optics to the questions already swirling around the White House over Comey's firing.

#Lavrov: Was FBI Director James Comey fired? You’re kidding!
    In addition to posting the Lavrov-Trump picture, the foreign ministry also posted video of Lavrov joking about Comey's firing.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-16-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Dennis Kucinich: "There is a high B.S. Quotient here. ...

"If this information was so sensitive, then why did intel leak it to the Washington Post? Whoever leaked it undermined the alliance. ...

…something is out of control here. There is an effort here to up end the relationship with Russia. put us at odds. It started during the Obama administration in October of 2016 when it was a peace agreement or an agreement to end the conflict with Syria and all of a sudden it was up ended by people in the pentagon and CIA so they were making policy over the president’s head. We have one president and he is being undermined by some people in intelligence. ...

"First of all, I read the Washington Post story very carefully. And more than that, I spent 16 years in the United States Congress tracking all these things said about foreign policy. There is a high B.S. Quotient here. And the meter should be going off all over town. Ya know we don’t need to look to Russia for any affirmation here. We need to ask questions about why is this intelligence community trying to upend the President of the United States with these leaks? Here’s the Washington Post story (holds up physical copy of the newspaper) I mean its, and all over town people are saying the President did this and that — look, I disagree with President Trump on a number of issues, but on this one, there can only be one President and somebody in the intelligence community is trying to upend this President in order to pursue a policy direction that puts us in conflict with Russia. The question is why? and who? and we need to find out."

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Former Israeli spymasters rip into Trump, say Israel must reassess intel sharing

A former chief of the Mossad spy agency fired off harsh criticism at Donald Trump in an interview with The Times of Israel on Wednesday, saying his actions put international information-sharing efforts at risk, in light of reports that the US president divulged classified intelligence to Russia last week. And a second former head of the agency said in a radio interview that Israel should punish Trump over the affair.

Meanwhile, Israeli officials worked to cool tensions with promises of continued security cooperation.

Shabtai Shavit, who led the Mossad in the 1990s, said that were he in charge of the intelligence organization today, he would not be inclined to share more information with his American counterparts.

“If tomorrow I were asked to pass information to the CIA, I would do everything I could to not pass it to them. Or I would first protect myself and only then give it, and what I’d give would be totally neutered,” Shavit told The Times of Israel in a phone interview.

“If some smart guy decides that he’s allowed to leak information, then your partners in cooperation will be fewer or just won’t be at all,” he warned.

On Monday, The Washington Post reported that Trump revealed “code word”-level intelligence — one of the highest levels of secrecy in the US — during a meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak earlier this month.

The country supplying the intelligence to the US was identified in the Post story only as “an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State,” but sources told The New York Times on Tuesday that the ally was Israel. The ABC news outlet then reported that the information came specifically from a spy embedded in the terrorist group on behalf of Israel.

The Israeli government has not officially confirmed that is the source of the reportedly leaked intelligence.

But according to Shavit, when it comes to how Israeli security services will act in the future, it doesn’t matter if it was Israeli intelligence or “English or French or German,” as the most important takeaway from the episode was Trump’s carelessness.

Describing the US president as a “bull in a china shop” — or as the Hebrew version of the expression goes, an “elephant in a china shop” — Shavit accused Trump of entering situations without first being properly briefed, and then unwittingly violating the unwritten codes of conduct of intelligence.

The former Mossad chief acknowledged that Trump “is allowed to make the decision” to reveal sensitive intelligence. “However, the rules of proper operation demand that even a president of the world’s greatest power consult with the experts. That’s why the government pays them,” Shavit said.

Another former head of the Mossad, Danny Yatom, said Israel should penalize the US over Trump’s leak because his acts could endanger Israeli sources.

“We need to punish the Americans, it’s possible, so that we don’t put Trump in a position where he is again tempted, we need to abstain from transferring information to him, or to only give him partial information so that he can’t endanger any source,” said Yatom, who headed the spy agency between 1999 and 2001.

Even though it is Trump’s right to declassify information, if he keeps doing it Israel will “stop sharing in the future,” he estimated, speaking in an interview with Radio 103 FM.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/former-...intel-sharing/

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Former Israeli spymasters rip into Trump, say Israel must reassess
    LOL. Uh Oh, the world's biggest welfare queen is having a hissy fit. She doesn't like it when sugar daddy won't pay her enough attention.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/statu...74596128886784

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/stat...09350271045633

I still see this as a non story. with all the things that people could go after trump on, to go after him on this and to make a big deal out of information that was blasted on the news a year a so ago just proves that the media propaganda campaign has even infected this place (which i considered Rivendell).

Quote Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
    I still see this as a non story. with all the things that people could go after trump on, to go after him on this and to make a big deal out of information that was blasted on the news a year a so ago just proves that the media propaganda campaign has even infected this place (which i considered Rivendell).
    But if it's front page everywhere (except Fox News and Breitbart), there's a good chance it will show up here.

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/statu...74596128886784
    OMG, what idiots are CNN. Assuming what partisan CNN reports is accurate (which is highly doubtful):

We share info about a terrorist plot to bomb an airline with the nation that has done more to stop ISIS than any other, and thus possibly thwart such scheme and save many lives. And in the process help to heal relations and cooperation with Russia, and CNN is all bent out of shape about it. CNN is total nuts.

And not to mention, even if intelligence was shared, that is routinely done.

If Russia had info about a terrorist plot to bomb airlines or hijack or fly them into targets in US, would CNN want Russia not to share it? They are lunatics at CNN.

And remember this is the same CNN that was perfectly fine with blowing up Libya and resulting in the deaths or wreaking havoc on the lives of millions and the creation of ISIS at the same time. This is the same CNN that was perfectly fine with pretense to attack Syria, and the arming and funding of terrorists to implement regime change on Syria and allow terrorists organization to grow and spread and again wreaking havoc on the lives of millions and creating a refugee crises.

CNN is pure evil. This CNN talking head is pure evil.

The real danger here is the alphabets (CIA/NSA/FBI) and deep state trying to control policy and elected representatives, and subvert the Constitutional process and representative government. This is about control pure and simple - about setting and controlling government and policy regardless of Constitutional process or electoral safeguards.

These are the same folks and media who couldn't are less about Hillary's unsecured email server leaking state secrets, or Obama's multiple occasions of leaking classified information, or foreign government contributions to Clinton Foundations, or pay to play, or violations of national sovereignty, or regime change, or Saudi/Israeli influence in US elections and government, or debt, or Washington interference in foreign elections or government, or war on false pretenses, or acts of preemptive warfare, or genocide in Yemen, or arming and supporting the head chopping Saudi Wahhabi dictatorship, or drone murders, or the destruction of entire nations and making refugees of millions, or arming and funding terrorists organizations, or creating them, or Benghazi, or provoking nuclear armed powers, or a foreign policy of perpetual lies, or challenging anything from the neocon establishment, or imprisoning Kiriakou or Manning, or total surveillance, or 1984 big brother style domestic spying, or NSA hacking and malware, or MSM collusion with political parties, or witch hunting Assange and Wikileaks or Snowden, or on and on and on ...

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/stat...09350271045633

Banned

Blog Entries
    Trump told Russia about Israel's hacking tool, which they gave to ISIS, which allows people to hack planes with laptops. That is why laptops were banned. Israel is furious, because that was one of their secret weapons.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Finding leakers is easy . You just give them all individually something too good to resist and see what shakes out is how I always did it .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Finding leakers is easy . You just give them all individually something too good to resist and see what shakes out is how I always did it .
    The way I find out who is talking about me is tell individuals little lies about myself. When the lie gets repeated I know who is talking about me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123