Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned from FreeRepublic? You are welcome here under the big tent at liberty forest.

Banned from FreeRepublic? You are welcome here under the big tent at liberty forest.

Someone commented on another blog that Jim Robinson, who is owner of Free Republic, banned over 25 long time posters today who all favored the repeal of Don't ask don't tell. Well it's his blog so he can do as he pleases, but it's still interesting to know.

Mod Note: We are a big tent here at liberty forest. We welcome all banned (and non-banned) Free Republic members!

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Straight from the horse's (asses') mouth:

h XXp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2644629/posts
    Last edited by CaseyJones; 12-18-2010 at 08:01 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He knocked off a lot of long-time members back in 2007 for supporting Giuliani or Paul. Just those two candidate's supporters were mass-banned.

Romney and probably really any non-Palin supporters are likely out the door around mid-2011. FreeRepublic is Palin worship central. Princess Palin must be treated with kids' gloves.

Redstate is all quiet on the issue.

Not a peep. Guiliani was a gay marriage support or civil unions supporter right though? I believe so maybe that's why they banned him.

Hotair at least acknowledges the world around them even if they don't necessarily like it.
    Last edited by Agorism; 12-18-2010 at 03:17 PM.

They banned people who weren't on board with the Bush amnesty back in the day, too. That's when I realized somebody was politically confused. It took me a little while longer to figure out that it wasn't me.

Hotair selectively acknowledges the world around them. WIkilieaks cases in point: Tax-funded pedophile parties - not a word. Cuba bans Sicko? Front page.
    Last edited by angelatc; 12-18-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    I'm trying to find a link proving this.
    Straight from the horse's (asses') mouth:

h XXp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2644629/posts

Can we get a title change on the thread?
    something like: "Banned from FreeRepublic? You are welcome here under the big tent at liberty forest."
    There might be some disillusioned conservatives out there looking for a new home on the internet...

Or I guess a new thread with that topic might work..

a lot of "us or them" rhetoric. no in between.

hypocritical bigots suck

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder how many are trolls on that website playing the dumb neocon personality for $#@!s and giggles.
    A king metal slime draws near!

From this "conservative forum" and the link provided above...
    A couple more posters got zotted today.

Guess we need another reminder:

If you support the homosexual agenda you are anti-constitution and you'll get the zot from FR. Homosexuals already have the same "rights" as everyone else. God did not grant and the constitution does not guarantee homosexuals any special rights. In fact, the homosexual agenda is a full frontal attack on OUR God-given, constitutionally protected rights to free speech, freedom of religion, freedom of association, Life, Family, Marriage, Pursuit of Happiness, etc.

I don't want it on FR and won't have it on FR.

Like abortion, if you support the homosexual agenda on FR, your account here will be zotted!

Don't like it? Tough frickin Shinola! Get the hell OFF this conservative site!!
    Never fails to amaze how those who shout "Constitution" the loudest have little to no knowledge about that document, or it's principles, especially when they spout off about god, and list those rights gays are being denied.

I guess in this asshat's eyes "Free" only includes white protestant male heteros, and everyone else can GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Can we get a title change on the thread?
    something like: "Banned from FreeRepublic? You are welcome here under the big tent at liberty forest."
    There might be some disillusioned conservatives out there looking for a new home on the internet...

Or I guess a new thread with that topic might work..
    Yep. I got banned from free republic simply for defending Ron's foreign policy views. They don't want any kind of dissent over there. I'm glad that this forum allows me to express my views, even though I'm not a down the line libertarian like many here.

lol what a dumbass. Saying the word 'constitution' and then supporting something unconstitutional in the same sentence.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Yep. I got banned from free republic simply for defending Ron's foreign policy views. They don't want any kind of dissent over there. I'm glad that this forum allows me to express my views, even though I'm not a down the line libertarian like many here.
    Sounds like it's government run site. Ich Muss lick the boots of the leadership and always remain PC... No? well then, your career/membership is over.

I stay away from garbage sites like FR... there are many
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

OK. So, I just read through the comments on the FreeRepublic news post about the bannings.

What. The. $#@!.

How can anybody take these lunatics seriously?

I've seen some weird $#@!, mostly coming from the left, but these guys are like... WOW. "***" this and "****" that in almost every post.
    This empire, unlike any other in the history of the world, has been built primarily through economic manipulation, through cheating, through fraud, through seducing people into our way of life, through the economic hit men. I was very much a part of that.

-- John Perkins

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

--Mark Twain

Nothing like democracy to give a few good laughs...

Quote Originally Posted by H. L. Mencken
    Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.

MILTON FRIEDMAN: "We do not influence the course of events by persuading people that we are right when we make what they regard as radical proposals. Rather, we exert influence by keeping options available when something has to be done at a time of crisis."
    TACITUS: "Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
    TEAM AMERICA: "America, FUCK YEAH!"
    ENGINEERNJ: "You've got one 75-year-old man trying to keep 300 million people from going down the toilet."

Never posted there but it's a private forum that espouses a particular ideology. Not shocked they'd do this - nor do I care too much.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heimdallr View Post
    OK. So, I just read through the comments on the FreeRepublic news post about the bannings.

What. The. $#@!.

I've seen some weird $#@!, mostly coming from the left, but these guys are like... WOW. "***" this and "****" that in almost every post.
    The 912 forums are like that too. I wish I had a screen cap - once on the front page, two conversations. The first was a group having a collective fit because the left was accusing them of being bigoted homophobes. The next thread started off with something about the sick perverted homosexual agenda.

Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdallr View Post

What. The. $#@!.

It's especially depressing when you consider how much representation people just like this have in a closed Republican primary. And Ron Paul voted for repeal....

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    It's especially depressing when you consider how much representation people just like this have in a closed Republican primary. And Ron Paul voted for repeal....
    You're right, Dr. Paul should totally vote the way the majority of Republican voters want him to, that way he can get elected.....

You're right, Dr. Paul should totally vote the way the majority of Republican voters want him to, that way he can get elected.....
    That's not what he said at all. He said it was depressing that those people have so much say in the party, and that ron Paul voted for the repeal......so obviously, when we put 2 and 2 together, we understand he was implying it's depressing that it's gonna be hard for Ron to get a lot of support.

Quote Originally Posted by Kregisen View Post
    That's not what he said at all. He said it was depressing that those people have so much say in the party, and that ron Paul voted for the repeal......so obviously, when we put 2 and 2 together, we understand he was implying it's depressing that it's gonna be hard for Ron to get a lot of support.
    Let's be real, is this really gonna hurt him? I'd argue that the only people upset about this vote already hate Dr. Paul.

welcome former Free Republic users! We shall not discriminate!
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Exclamation Free Republic is a divisive, Zionist Theocrat SCAM SITE.

Obama is using DADT as a tool to splinter the Tea Party coalition(s) into a civil war between Theocrats (posing as SoCons and NeoCons) and the FiCons/libertarians.

Meanwhile, Free Republic raises hundreds of thousands of dollars from useful ZioFundy idiots, yet cannot keep a dead simple text based site up and running. You can't even edit your posts, etc. It isn't hard or expensive to run 1996 software on 2010 hardware, yet FR often goes down and is always begging for more "donations."

If they used their donation $$$$ to stand up for Fair Use, I would be a supporter. But no, JimRob caved to RightHaven, ran (er, rolled) away like a little #^$$~, and let other sysops and bloggers fight for the recent court victory (re-)legitimizing Fair Use.

JimRob ignores the fact that other countries' armies are doing just fine, even without DADT. Even Holy Israel's (May Peace and territorial expansion be upon Her and may Jesus cause genocide to all who oppose, Amen) army is integrated!

I think that he's terrified of the ***** hiding under his bed and in his closet.

Or maybe he was regularly &%(&%$ in the %$(@! by his priest until he liked the taste of $%^.

That would explain his bigoted Fundy rantings most efficiently.

The bizarre thing is that JimRob claims to hate the "homosexual agenda" yet he never dares say a single word of criticism about the (gay and Jewish) Hollywood Mafia.

It's quite a ***** contradiction in his Freeper Pope ideology.
    Last edited by Inflation; 12-18-2010 at 10:03 PM.
    Bachmann2012.com is For Sale, to benefit RPF and RP2012.

Silver kills vampires: We store. We wait. We win.

Economics, like chemistry, has nothing to do with politics. -Chodorov

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflation View Post
    Obama is using DADT as a tool to splinter the Tea Party coalition(s) into a civil war between Theocrats (posing as SoCons and NeoCons) and the FiCons/libertarians.

Meanwhile, Free Republic raises hundreds of thousands of dollars from useful ZioFundy idiots, yet cannot keep a dead simple text based site up and running. You can't even edit your posts, etc. It isn't hard or expensive to run 1996 software on 2010 hardware, yet FR often goes down and is always begging for more "donations."

If they used their donation $$$$ to stand up for Fair Use, I would be a supporter. But no, JimRob caved to RightHaven, ran (er, rolled) away like a little #^$$~, and let other sysops and bloggers fight for the recent court victory (re-)legitimizing Fair Use.

JimRob ignores the fact that other countries' armies are doing just fine, even without DADT. Even Holy Israel's (May Peace and territorial expansion be upon Her and may Jesus cause genocide to all who oppose, Amen) army is integrated!

I think that he's terrified of the ***** hiding under his bed and in his closet.

Or maybe he was regularly &%(&%$ in the %$(@! by his priest until he liked the taste of $%^.

That would explain his bigoted Fundy rantings most efficiently.

The bizarre thing is that JimRob claims to hate the "homosexual agenda" yet he never dares say a single word of criticism about the (gay and Jewish) Hollywood Mafia.

It's quite a ***** contradiction in his Freeper Pope ideology.
    Wow. Paranoid much? There are legitimate reasons why people would oppose the repeal of DADT and they're standing on their principles. So be it.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

When I heard DADT got repealed, I had an irresistible desire to go to youtube to listen to just dance.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Wow. Paranoid much? There are legitimate reasons why people would oppose the repeal of DADT and they're standing on their principles. So be it.
    Lol, I'll say..
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Let's be real, is this really gonna hurt him? I'd argue that the only people upset about this vote already hate Dr. Paul.
    No, it won't hurt him. He differs from all the other GOP candidates on most issues as it is. I agree with the other poster though that it's depressing to have the vast majority of republican voters just clueless zombies who watch fox all day........

And yet people wonder why we get presidents like Bush or Obama.

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

--Jesus
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by TNforPaul45 View Post
    And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

--Jesus
    I wish that were true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast