Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Told you so.

Told you so.

As I stated many times, this fiasco was the result of women turning out in droves to vote against anything GOP related due to the Roe decision.

Don't get me wrong, Roe was bad law and needed to be overturned, but as usual, GOP "leadership" totally screwed the pooch on this, failing to address, mitigate and combat what was clearly going to happen, at least with anybody who had eyes to see.

And the blowback from that is not just a critical election loss.

A substantial portion of these women also support infanticide, which, over the next few years, will codified into law in a few of the "usual suspect" states, once abortion on demand at any time, is codified.

In the next ten years, look for infanticide of newborn children, up to say six months old, to be "legal" in at least a handful of states around the country.

68% of Unmarried Women Favored Democrats in Midterm Election

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...erm-elections/

ETHAN LETKEMAN 9 Nov 2022

Sixty-eight percent of unmarried women favored Democrats in the U.S. House midterm elections compared to 31 percent who favored Republicans, according to exit poll data.

In comparison, 52 percent of unmarried men favored Republicans over 45 percent who favored Democrats.

For married men, 59 percent said they supported a Republican candidate compared to 39 percent who supported a Democrat, while 56 percent of married women supported a Republican candidate compared to 42 percent who supported a Democrat.

Overall, 59 percent of unmarried voters supported Democrats compared to 39 percent who supported Republicans, whereas 58 percent of married voters supported Republicans compared to 41 percent who supported Democrats.

Married men and women each made up 30 percent of the respondents (60 percent), while nonmarried women made up 23 percent of the respondents, and nonmarried men made up 16 percent.

Furthermore, 55 percent of women without children favored Democrats compared to 44 percent who favored Republicans. However, 57 percent of male voters with no children favored Republicans compared to 45 percent who preferred Democrats. Women with no children made up 39 percent of the respondents, while men with no children made up 33 percent.

Even women with children were more likely to support Democrats over Republicans by 51 percent to 47 percent, while men with children broke for Republicans over Democrats by 54 percent to 42 percent.

The exit polling data also showed that abortion was a major driver in motivating women to vote Tuesday.

Thirty-three percent of women said that abortion was their most important issue, with 77 percent of those respondents supporting Democrat candidates compared to 22 percent supporting Republican candidates. The next most important issue for women was inflation at 28 percent, followed by crime, gun policy, and immigration, which were all equal at ten percent.

A majority of women (67 percent) also said they were either angry or dissatisfied with Roe v. Wade being overturned, with 72 percent of women who supported Democrat candidates agreeing, compared to 27 percent who supported Republicans. On the other hand, 30 percent of women were either enthusiastic or satisfied with Roe being overturned, with a majority supporting Republicans (84 percent) compared to Democrats (15 percent).

For men, only 22 percent said abortion was their most import issue compared to 35 percent who said inflation. Moreover, 13 percent of men stated crime was their most important issue, followed by gun policy at 12 percent and immigration at 11 percent.

As of Wednesday night, Republicans are favored to take control of the U.S. House, while the U.S. Senate remains up in the air as votes are still being counted in Arizona and Nevada. The Georgia U.S. Senate race is slated to go to a runoff in December.

The national exit poll was conducted by Edison Research in conjunction with major networks across the nation. Those surveyed included 18,571 respondents nationwide that voted in a U.S. House race — with 8,688 being men and 9,797 being women. The exit polls were last updated on November 9 at 2:14 p.m. Eastern.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-10-2022 at 08:32 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Time to end women’s sufferage.

Thinking with their lips and that’s it.

Bigger problems in the world than abortion access. There are ways to prevent unwanted pregnancies, killing the baby is a piss poor decision.
    No - No - No - No

What fiasco? DeSantis won big, Trump is done. Republicans are going to control the house keeping the Biden administration in check. Everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post

Thinking with their lips and that’s it.

Bigger problems in the world than abortion access. There are ways to prevent unwanted pregnancies, killing the baby is a piss poor decision.
    With the whole next generation being indoctrinated into becoming weirdosexuals of some kind, I would have expected this to not be such a big issue, but then I forgot that abortion "rights" are the springboard to legalized infanticide, one of the Marxist left's "holy causes"
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    As I stated many times, this fiasco was the result of women turning out in droves to vote against anything GOP related due to the Roe decision.
    Sorry, AF. I'm not buying it.

This fiasco is because of the voting rules. If every state had Florida's voting rules and followed them, the result would have been MUCH different. It's not who votes. It's not even so much who counts the votes. It's who makes the rules for voting.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    What fiasco? DeSantis won big, Trump is done. Republicans are going to control the house keeping the Biden administration in check. Everything is fine.
    Desantis barely beat a black, queeer, drug addict for governor in 2018.

His win the other day was propelled by hundreds of thousands of people like you, that left the north and moved to Florida, that are "conservative" to some degree or another.

Having lived in FL for many years, in many different parts of the state, inbound migration was always a mixed bag of "purple".

But the last two years, it has been politically motivated much more so...and the great majority of them left because of draconian leftist policies in their home states.

DeSantis and FL have reaped the benefit.

Keep in mind this is not a criticism of him. I like the man and will, barring a Rand run, will support him for president in 2024. His hurricane response was heroic among other things. He deserves credit for marshaling these new voters and running a clean and efficient government that respects liberty and freedom.

Outside of that, yes, Tuesday was a "fiasco".

GOP should have picked up at least 30 seats in the House, should have gained 3 to 5 in the Senate and should have easily unseated a number of criminal governors, like Whitmer in MI or the low hanging fruit of the awful fed delegation in NH.

More importantly, those decisive numbers would have been a "mandate" to throw a net over the Biden Bolsheviks.

Without it, they are now vowing to double down on everything they had been doing.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-10-2022 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Sorry, AF. I'm not buying it.

This fiasco is because of the voting rules. If every state had Florida's voting rules and followed them, the result would have been MUCH different. It's not who votes. It's not even so much who counts the votes. It's who makes the rules for voting.
    In this case, the pussy hat protesters would have done what was required to show up and vote normally.

In non "hot button" situations, yes, no doubt, single day in person voting would most certainly change outcomes.

Well, Lincoln and Wilson were elected before women's suffrage and they are the two worst Presidents in US History.

But point taken.

Unmarried Millennial women will make the boomer generation look like the Founding Fathers.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In this case, the pussy hat protesters would have done what was required to show up and vote normally.

In non "hot button" situations, yes, no doubt, single day in person voting would most certainly change outcomes.
    Maybe... But they didn't do that in Florida.

I really think this is a process problem more than a people problem. (Maybe that's the way I have to think about it??) Ballot harvesting is a real problem.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I don't believe it was Roe.

I don't believe it was election fraud.

The GOP lost this election because they deserve to lose it. In Trump, the GOP was given the biggest sledgehammer ever to destroy the Left/Dem stranglehold on America going back to the National Security Act, the New Deal, and the founding of the Fed. Instead of building momentum behind Trump, the Grahamite/McConnellite-GOP undermined him in every possible way because they don't control Trump. It's the same reason they torpedoed Ron Paul each time he ran. The main difference between Trump and Paul is that Trump had the cash resources to overcome most of their dirty-tricks. She was never supposed to lose, he was never supposed to sit in the OO, not for a single day.

In the doomsday virus, the GOP was given the biggest megaphone in history, with which to expose and dismantle the sinister conspiracy that has been secretly slithering into every corner of American life since before it was called out by JFK. Instead of body-slamming the traitorous Dems and the globalists behind them by exposing their nefarious and illegal dealings (Wuhan, Big Pharma, Ukrainian laundering, Obama-Biden and Hunter), the GOP leadership got down on its knees and licked its globalist masters' boots harder than ever.

The GOP has been given chance after chance after chance. Gold-plated political opportunities flushed down the drain with prejudice.

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

SUFFERage? Are you talking about something like ending their periods, or doing away with menopause symptoms, or maybe something simple like spring-loading toilet seats so they default to the down position?

@Anti Federalist has his pet peeve about "Marshall Law" (Martial Law). I have one about SUFFERage rather than SUFFrage ... though honestly, SUFFERage is probably a more suitable spelling; cuz I seem to suffer more and more with each vote that the electorate conducts.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Maybe... But they didn't do that in Florida.

I really think this is a process problem more than a people problem. (Maybe that's the way I have to think about it??) Ballot harvesting is a real problem.
    It is, and the two issues can co-exist side by side.

But I think you hit the nail on the head here:
    (Maybe that's the way I have to think about it??)
    I know that I sound like a broken record here, but this is the truth and the fact: freedom is not popular, especially among the 18-30 female crowd.

We need to acknowledge that and plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    SUFFERage? Are you talking about something like ending their periods, or doing away with menopause symptoms, or maybe something simple like spring-loading toilet seats so they default to the down position?

@Anti Federalist has his pet peeve about "Marshall Law" (Martial Law). I have one about SUFFERage rather than SUFFrage ... though honestly, SUFFERage is probably a more suitable spelling; cuz I seem to suffer more and more with each vote that the electorate conducts.
    Now that you have pointed that out, which I honestly had never noticed previously, I will never be able to unsee it.

My OCD tic thanks you...

The predictably impotent red-wave should be further evidence, if such evidence at this point is even needed, that the federal government is a lost cause.

DeSantis should run for President. President of the Confederated Republic of American Parliaments.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Now that you have pointed that out, which I honestly had never noticed previously, I will never be able to unsee it.

My OCD tic thanks you...
    With SUFF being an obsolete term for "the shoreward surge of the sea" ... I suppose one's suff-rage could be interpreted as one's rage against the sea's unrelenting attack upon the shores one stands upon.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

With the whole next generation being indoctrinated into becoming weirdosexuals of some kind, I would have expected this to not be such a big issue, but then I forgot that abortion "rights" are the springboard to legalized infanticide, one of the Marxist left's "holy causes"
    The indoctrination of kids/young people and the abortion issue go hand in hand.

They are taught that everyone is a victim. Thus they are primed to believe any accusation of victimhood. The main propaganda point with abortion was that it is an attack on women's rights, on women themselves. That women are being "victimized" by the reversal of Roe is taken as a basic fact by the indoctrinated.

And I still believe that Lindsey Graham put the icing on the cake. The Roe decision left it to the states. That is one thing. Graham jumped out and proposed Federal law to take it right back away from the states. That is something different entirely. Instead of being a state issue, now it was a national congressional issue. A huge motivation for the young and indoctrinated to vote, especially women. IF the GOP took Congress, they would pass a national ban (supposedly).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The predictably impotent red-wave should be further evidence, if such evidence at this point is even needed, that the federal government is a lost cause.
    Do you even vote hard, bro?

Speaking for myself, I'm already looking forward to the (next) "most important election of our lifetime".
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I don't see a loss. Pelosi is going to be gone. The Biden administration won't be able to push through any more of their crap. It's a win, not a big win but you take what you can get now.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Speaking for myself, I'm already looking forward to the (next) "most important election of our lifetime".
    What? Already? But there's so much more entertainment to come in this one. A month of counting, a year of very lucrative lawsuits, a flood of three hour videos--the carnival has just begun!

As for trying to analyze what the voters were thinking...

Last edited by acptulsa; 11-10-2022 at 12:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

The Biden administration won't be able to push through any more of their crap.
    Biden has been able to create plenty of damage without any input from the legislature.... oil drilling EO's, student loan reimbursement, complete rewrite of ATF NFA rules, and those are merely the things at the top of my head
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The indoctrination of kids/young people and the abortion issue go hand in hand.

They are taught that everyone is a victim. Thus they are primed to believe any accusation of victimhood. The main propaganda point with abortion was that it is an attack on women's rights, on women themselves. That women are being "victimized" by the reversal of Roe is taken as a basic fact by the indoctrinated.

And I still believe that Lindsey Graham put the icing on the cake. The Roe decision left it to the states. That is one thing. Graham jumped out and proposed Federal law to take it right back away from the states. That is something different entirely. Instead of being a state issue, now it was a national congressional issue. A huge motivation for the young and indoctrinated to vote, especially women. IF the GOP took Congress, they would pass a national ban (supposedly).
    As if any more evidence is needed to know who the real enemies are.

I don't see a loss. Pelosi is going to be gone. The Biden administration won't be able to push through any more of their crap. It's a win, not a big win but you take what you can get now.
    A mid term election like this is always good for the minority party. With the absolute incompetence and damage done by the Democrats, this should have been a red wave.

All the Democrats could do is damage control, and they were successful.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Hey, NEXT TIME it’ll be different.

Here’s a thought: If you don’t rely on voting to seize and secure your liberty, the votes cast by idiots and scoundrels can’t hurt you.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I thought it was Gen Z that turned the "wave" into a ripple.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    All the Democrats could do is damage control, and they were successful.
    https://twitter.com/conservmillen/status/

https://twitter.com/conservmillen/st...37113383669760

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    In Trump, the GOP was given the biggest sledgehammer ever to destroy the Left/Dem stranglehold on America going back to the National Security Act, the New Deal, and the founding of the Fed. Instead of building momentum behind Trump, the Grahamite/McConnellite-GOP undermined him in every possible way because they don't control Trump. It's the same reason they torpedoed Ron Paul each time he ran. The main difference between Trump and Paul is that Trump had the cash resources to overcome most of their dirty-tricks.

You make it sound like if Trump had his way he'd fix things.

That makes no sense given we now know for certain that Trump believes in not just bigger govt but massively bigger govt.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    You make it sound like if Trump had his way he'd fix things.

That makes no sense given we now know for certain that Trump believes in not just bigger govt but massively bigger govt.
    I don't think that's accurate. Looking at his record and looking at his speeches, etc. what I think Trump believes in is classic America... America in its heyday. Whether that be bigger or smaller government, I don't think Trump has any preconceived opinion on that. But it's looking more and more like it doesn't really matter anymore what Trump thinks or says. So, it's a waste of time to ecven debate it...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    +rep

That pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I thought it was Gen Z that turned the "wave" into a ripple.
    Muh student loan refund checks

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal...checks-qualify
    - Kim Kardashian

It sure didn't help that some bible thumper states immediately moved to pass the most extreme restrictions on abortion. IIRC, one even outlawed the morning after pill and there was insane talk about trying to prosecute women who went to other states to get an abortion. The hard left is always screaming about a theocracy and that kind of stuff made it look like it possible. When the decision came down, R controlled states could have gotten their asses in gear to quickly pass reasonable limits legislation but I don't think that happened. A total ban will never fly with the general public.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast