View Poll Results: Mutiple Choice: Which are your top favorite (1-2) internet broswer/s ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • IE

2 12.50%
  • Chrome

5 31.25%
  • Firefox

3 18.75%
  • Opra

0 0%
  • Safari

2 12.50%
  • Other

5 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which is your favorite internet browser?

Which is your favorite internet browser?

Vote in attached multiple choice poll to choose your top 1-2 favorite browsers presently in late 2017.

Used to like firefox for casual use but it seems to have become memory hog lately and its add-ons security seems questionable.
    Surprisingly, IE seems to use drastically smaller memory than FF.
    Chrome is apparently better in security but big G's aggressive marketing intrusions seem to make it less than ideal.

These are somewhat non-scientific observations without comprehensive analysis.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I use IE. I've never had a problem with it.

Mozilla officially turned into an SJW nightmare a few days ago, I switched to Brave. Secondary browser is Chrome.

Mozilla Joins George Soros’s Efforts In Launching A Strike Against “Fake News”

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...93Fake-News%94

https://brave.com/
    Last edited by dannno; 10-24-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

pcgame

Safari is by far the best browser, but I do not use it because I use Windows 10. So basically, you have to have a Mac to use Safari which is not going to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    Safari is by far the best browser, but I do not use it because I use Windows 10. So basically, you have to have a Mac to use Safari which is not going to work for me.

https://www.slant.co/versus/5229/16094/~safari_vs_brave

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Mozilla officially turned into an SJW nightmare a few days ago, I switched to Brave. Secondary browser is Chrome.

Mozilla Joins George Soros’s Efforts In Launching A Strike Against “Fake News”

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...93Fake-News%94

https://brave.com/
    From what I can see Brave is built on Chromium, and the security is still left up to Google. No thanks.

I'm sticking with Firefox for now, but FF has always been a memory hog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    From what I can see Brave is built on Chromium, and the security is still left up to Google. No thanks.
    I don't believe that is entirely correct..

Edit: (this article places it in the top most secure of all browsers mentioned in this thread)

https://www.techworld.com/security/b...wsers-3246550/

I'm sticking with Firefox for now, but FF has always been a memory hog.
    Did you see the message they sent the other day? Donating so they can further their leftist agenda?
    Last edited by dannno; 10-24-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I don't believe that is entirely correct..

Did you see the message they sent the other day? Donating so they can further their leftist agenda?
    Which tech companies don't support a statist agenda?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    pcgame

Safari is stable and never had any unusual problems while running it. Brave is a new browser that is basically still in development. I am not ready to make the transition to Brave, but I plan to eventually once they fix some of the bugs or glitches with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Which tech companies don't support a statist agenda?
    Many at first, much fewer as the companies become more established.

Safari is stable and never had any unusual problems while running it. Brave is a new browser that is basically still in development. I am not ready to make the transition to Brave, but I plan to eventually once they fix some of the bugs or glitches with it.
    The only issue I have had was installing flash on Linux, it's called PepperFlash or something and didn't work too well but few sites run flash. Didn't have any issues installing the flash plugin on windows.

Tab previewing is kinda weird too until you get used to it, but I'll bet there is an option to shut it off.

On desktop, I use Firefox. Firefox Quantum is even better. I do use Chrome to use Signal Private Messenger desktop though.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

It's always google but I also use safari sometimes and never for IE.

I don't use the internet so not a problem I need to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Vote in attached multiple choice poll to choose your top 1-2 favorite browsers presently in late 2017.

Used to like firefox for casual use but it seems to have become memory hog lately and its add-ons security seems questionable.
    Surprisingly, IE seems to use drastically smaller memory than FF.
    Chrome is apparently better in security but big G's aggressive marketing intrusions seem to make it less than ideal.

These are somewhat non-scientific observations without comprehensive analysis.
    I hate them all so if one of you guys gets something better let me know.

Yeah , I never even heard of safari & oprah , might be why .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AOL
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

The one that works. Right now I'm using Chrome but on my other computer the Chrome got weird so I switched to Firefox and used that until it quit loading so I put the computer in the attic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    I don't use the internet so not a problem I need to think about.

How..

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Best browser ever, made by the people that made the original Opera (which was better than today's version that didn't get a single vote above, but still is very good)

Vivaldi
    https://vivaldi.com/

Has it's own task manager, fully customizable, a history detail that is incredible, rock solid, can be installed in portable mode, tiles that are easy to use, and more. It's a piece of art. Can use Chrome apps from the chrome store too. The best.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

I use Firefox in a privacy configuration. I've been using Brave sometimes also. In cases I need Chrome, I use the open source. Chromium instead.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Related

Browser Extensions Are a Privacy Nightmare: Stop Using So Many of Them

by Chris Hoffman on August 14th, 2017

Browser extensions are much more dangerous than most people realize. These small tools often have access to everything you do online, so they can capture your passwords, track your web browsing, insert advertisements into web pages you visit, and more. Popular browser extensions are often sold to shady companies or hijacked, and automatic updates can turn them into malware.

We’ve written about how your browser extensions are spying on you in the past, but this problem hasn’t improved. There’s still a constant stream of extensions going bad.

Why Browser Extensions Are So Dangerous

RELATED ARTICLE

Why Do Chrome Extensions Need “All Your Data on the Websites You Visit”?

Browser extensions run in your web browser, and they often require the ability to read or change everything on web pages you visit.

If an extension has access to all the web pages you visit, it can do practically anything. It could function as a keylogger to capture your passwords and credit card details, insert advertisements into the pages you view, redirect your search traffic elsewhere, track everything you do online—or all these things. If an extension needs to scan your for receipts or other small things, it probably has permission to scan your email for everything—which is extremely dangerous.
    That doesn’t mean that every extension is doing these things, but they can—and that should make you very, very wary.
    Modern web browsers like Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have a permission system for extensions, but many extensions require access to everything so they can work properly. Even an extension that just requires access to one website could be dangerous, however. For example, an extension that modifies Google.com in some way will require access to everything on Google.com, and therefore have access to your Google account—including your email.
    These aren’t just cute, harmless little tools. They’re tiny programs with a huge level of access to your web browser, and that makes them dangerous. Even an extension that only does a minor thing to web pages you visit may require access to everything you do in your web browser.
    How Safe Extensions Can Transform Into Malware

Modern web browsers like Google Chrome automatically update your installed browser extensions. If an extension requires new permissions, it will temporarily be deactivated until you allow it. But, otherwise, the new version of the extension will run with all the same permissions the previous version did. This leads to problems.
    In August 2017, the very popular and widely recommended Web Developer extension for Chrome was hijacked. The developer fell for a phishing attack, and the attacker uploaded a new version of the extension that inserted more advertisements into web pages. Over a million people who trusted the developer of this popular extension ended up getting the infected extension. As this is an extension for web developers, the attack could have been a lot worse—it doesn’t appear that the infected extension functioned as a keylogger, for example.

In many other situations, someone develops an extension that gains a large amount of users, but doesn’t necessarily make any money. That developer is approached by a company that will pay a large amount of money to purchase the extension. If the developer accepts the purchase, the new company modifies the extension to insert advertisements and tracking, uploads it to the Chrome Web Store as an update, and all the existing users are now using the new company’s extension—with no warning.

This happened to Particle for YouTube, a popular extension for customizing YouTube, in July 2017. The same thing has happened to many other extensions in the past. Chrome extension developers have claimed they constantly receive offers to buy their extensions. The developers of the Honey extension with over 700,000 users once ran an “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit, detailing the kind of offers they often receive.

In addition to the hijacking and sale of extensions, it’s also possible that an extension is just bad news, and secretly tracks you when you install it in the first place.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/188346/why...tect-yourself/

Defending against Firefox extensions
    https://www.computerworld.com/articl...py-on-you.html

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post

To my surprise, I'm becoming a fan of IE lately.. with an optimistic assumption that microsoft developers would not be too ambitious to make it too intrusive for marketing crapware

At this point, for windows PC use I'm leaning towards:

IE - for secure applications
    Firefox (with no or very minimal add on extensions)- for less important things, light web sites
    Chrome ( with no or very minimal add on extensions ) - for less important things, heavy web sites

Firefox is the least secure of these three.

Disabled cortana for win10.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.