Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McMullin thinks he's an ultra-libertarian

McMullin thinks he's an ultra-libertarian

"If Gary Johnson were a real libertarian," he said, "I probably wouldn't be doing this."
    And then goes on to say he would have supported Austin Petersen.

Nicholas Sarwark meanwhile:

The day I take advice on who's a real libertarian from a former CIA operative who was an insider in Washington and at Goldman Sachs, being propped up by dead-end neoconservatives like Bill Kristol and shameless Republican political consultants like Rick Wilson, is the day I'll resign as Chairman of the Libertarian Party.

I'm not resigning today.
    http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/14/ev...son-were-a-rea

Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reason is dumb

McMullin is terrible, he is a warmonger to the core, and is being pushed by neoconservative war mongering groups. He was on glenn beck this morning and listening to him drone on about made me puke. He is nowhere libertarian, about as libertarian as people like Hayden claimed they were.

I popped over to the Romney chat a day or two ago. There's a few people left there and they are Team Evan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawkeye View Post
    McMullin is terrible, he is a warmonger to the core, and is being pushed by neoconservative war mongering groups. He was on glenn beck this morning and listening to him drone on about made me puke. He is nowhere libertarian, about as libertarian as people like Hayden claimed they were.
    Hayden up in MI?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

McMullin is playing the electoral college strategy.

He hopes he can win Utah and prevent Trump/Clinton from reaching 270, leaving the election to the House of Reps and Paul Ryan. If that scenario were to play out, I don't see Ryan handing the election to Trump or Clinton.... they'd have to insert their failsafe candidate.

If GJ wins new mexico, this would also help this strategy. I'd bet there was big neocon money pouring into Utah to make this guy win.

Nothing surprises me about this election anymore.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    McMullin is playing the electoral college strategy.

He hopes he can win Utah and prevent Trump/Clinton from reaching 270, leaving the election to the House of Reps and Paul Ryan. If that scenario were to play out, I don't see Ryan handing the election to Trump or Clinton.... they'd have to insert their failsafe candidate.

If GJ wins new mexico, this would also help this strategy. I'd bet there was big neocon money pouring into Utah to make this guy win.

Nothing surprises me about this election anymore.
    Yep absolutely tons of big money from the MIC pushing him you're absolutely right, as for who Hayden is Michael Hayden former general and director of the CIA. They couldn't get behind Johnson because they don't feel he would bomb enough brown people and he has talked about cutting the pentagon budget.

Evan McMuffin, true libertarian.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If McMullen were to win Utah and nobody has 270, I expect him to ask his electors to vote for Paul Ryan instead. This would make Ryan one of the options when it goes to the House. Just MHO

I wonder if Ryan is getting cocky the last few days because he thinks his chances are good.

I also wonder if the neocons would dump money on New Mexico on Johnson's behalf.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    I wonder if Ryan is getting cocky the last few days because he thinks his chances are good.

I also wonder if the neocons would dump money on New Mexico on Johnson's behalf.
    I think that is an actual strategy being employed right now. Split the vote (under the table of course) then leave it to the House of Reps and Paul Ryan to choose. The question people should be asking is, who would Ryan vote for as president?

- Diogenes of Sinope

Goldman Sachs for president?

We are really taken for even bigger fools than we are...
    Not only are both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump running for Goldman Sachs, but now we are getting some hot new frontrunner that's not only ex-Goldman Sachs, but also ex-CIA: "On September 11th, 2001 Evan was in training at CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia. He completed his training and repeatedly volunteered for overseas service in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia, spearheading counterterrorism and intelligence operations in some of the most dangerous places on earth.
    Having completed his CIA service, in 2011, McMullin transitioned to the Investment Banking Division at Goldman Sachs in the San Francisco Bay Area, where he worked with companies in several industries, including technology, energy, consumer goods, biotech, industrials and real estate on capital raising projects and mergers and acquisitions
    " - https://www.evanmcmullin.com/about_evan

The following quote is from another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    First the connection with crooked Hillary Clinton.
    Clinton has been paid (read: bribed) $675,000 in 2013 by Goldman Sachs for 3 speeches. Bill Clinton received $1,550,000 for speaking on meetings of Goldman Sachs. Goldman Sachs has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Clinton Foundation. Goldman Sachs gave $169,850 to Clinton’s presidential campaign and super PAC.
    There is even a stronger connection with Marc Mezvinsky, who married Chelsea the daughter of Bill and Hillary Clinton in 2010, and worked at Goldman Sachs for 8 years. Bennett Grau (also of Goldman Sachs) set up the Eaglevale hedge fund together with Mezvinsky and Mark Mallon (of Goldman Sachs) with help from Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein: https://www.rt.com/usa/344657-clinto...n-sachs-money/
    Eaglevale lost 90% of its investments because of unsuccessful bets in Greece and had to shut down because losing all this money. Ironically it was Goldman Sachs that played a big part in bankrupting Greece, by lending 2.8 billion euro that had to be paid back almost double to 5.1 billion euro: http://wallstreetonparade.com/2016/0...-that-country/
    There are even many Goldman Sachs employees in important positions in the Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton administration: https://prof77.wordpress.com/politic...g-elena-kagan/

Then the connection between Donald Duck Trump and Goldman Sachs.
    According to the following story Trump is indebted to Goldman Sachs for at least $650 million. Probably Americans will be more worried that Trump is also indebted to the Bank of China: http://therightscoop.com/beholden-to...goldman-sachs/
    Donald Trump has gotten together some of the big shots from Goldman Sachs to help him get money, to prevent him from going bankrupt before the elections: https://www.mintpressnews.com/americ...-wrong/219341/
    The most important name on his financial team is John Paulson (of Goldman Sachs), who made over $5 billion by betting against his own clients, while participating in crashing the American mortgage markets. After making billions of dollars Goldman Sachs paid $550 million to settle fraud charges with the SEC and had the Frenchman Fabrice Tourre convicted for this multibillion crime. This scheme bankrupted the Dutch ABN AMRO bank and Royal Bank of Scotland, and because somebody had to pay, it were the Dutch and British taxpayers that paid for the losses: http://www.gregpalast.com/the-frog-w...inance-crisis/
    Another interesting name is that of Steven Mnuchin, who made his fortune at Goldman Sachs, before becoming CEO at Soros Fund Management. In 2009, Mnuchin got together with a group of investors that included George Soros and John Paulson to buy the IndyMac Bank that had been shut down in 2008. After they renamed it OneWest Bank it was sold a few years later with a profit of billions. George Soros was also involved in the bankruptcy fraud with the General Motors Building with Trump and publicly supports Hillary. Even Mnuchin in the past has donated heavily to Hillary Clinton’s election campaigns: https://www.thenation.com/article/th...ance-chairman/
    The most interesting on Steve Bannon from Goldman Sachs is that his Bannon and Co. was bought by Rothschild bank Société Générale: http://fortune.com/2016/08/17/donald...uchin-goldman/
    If you think that it’s wrong that the American president follows orders from Goldman Sachs, you better not vote for Clinton, Trump, or Evan McMullin.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I popped over to the Romney chat a day or two ago. There's a few people left there and they are Team Evan.
    McMullin is pretty much running an entirely Mormon-centric campaign He's just rotating between Idaho and Utah speaking in front of 100% Mormon audiences. Weird how the Church of Latter Day Saints is allowing itself to be manipulated by the Neocons. The leadership must have become totally corrupted. Because it makes no sense why a religion with such a deep history of persecution would throw their lot in with some of the most despised people in American politics. Democrats already despise Mormons. If the Mormons were somehow able to swing the election to Hillary, Republicans would too. Don't see how this ends well for them.

BTW, did you know Al Nusra and Al Qaeda are our "Brothers and Sisters"?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    McMullin is pretty much running an entirely Mormon-centric campaign He's just rotating between Idaho and Utah speaking in front of 100% Mormon audiences. Weird how the Church of Latter Day Saints is allowing itself to be manipulated by the Neocons. The leadership must have become totally corrupted. Because it makes no sense why a religion with such a deep history of persecution would throw their lot in with some of the most despised people in American politics. Democrats already despise Mormons. If the Mormons were somehow able to swing the election to Hillary, Republicans would too. Don't see how this ends well for them.

And by leader, he means choosing tyrants who allow us to loot them, right?

Bill Kristol's candidate, the former CIA officer Evan McMullin getting paid by Clinton Foundation
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I haven't seen any proof that this guy has one legitimate supporter.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

Bill Kristol's candidate, the former CIA officer Evan McMullin getting paid by Clinton Foundation
    It'll be nuts if someone can establish that's authentic.

The hazards of mixing politics and religion. To be more accurate, McMuffin should have said "potential Brothers and Sisters", as the delusional agenda is to convert masses of Middle Eastern Muslims. Another Mormon politician supported the Iraq war simply because it might create an opportunity to send missionaries to convert them. We can see how well that is working. And that completely avoids the relevant moral and legal questions, such as why US taxpayer money should be used to destroy nations and kill foreigners to create a potential opportunity for a religion to expand into that devastated void.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

That would be something. But I believe it's part of a "hack" that was faked.

It is likely bogus. It is NOT from Wikileaks, and there appears no listed source for it.
    It was posted here: http://www.dcclothesline.com/2016/10...uppress-votes/
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

McMullen is NOT sanctioned by the LDS leaders so don't go there.

He's appealing to the Mormons because they are all deathly afraid of both Clinton and Trump, so many are listening to what he has to say- doesn't mean they will vote for him.

And, sorry, but Christians believe we are all brothers and sisters.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Another Mormon politician supported the Iraq war simply because it might create an opportunity to send missionaries to convert them.
    Dubious about your thesis.

The more likely explanation is that the majority of Mormons, just like the rest of America haven't latched onto the non-interventionist message. People still see America's military as the knight in shining armor for the afflicted in various pockets of the globe.

Dubious about your thesis.

The more likely explanation is that the majority of Mormons, just like the rest of America haven't latched onto the non-interventionist message. People still see America's military as the knight in shining armor for the afflicted in various pockets of the globe.
    Certainly that describes the majority of voters. As the Hillary leaks show, they like the population ignorant and compliant.

It's not my original thesis though. An LDS congressman gave his reasoning, thus it is true in his case. And he tried to push that case with leadership.

Leaked video of Mormon church leaders: "Iraq war could open the door for new converts"

Shortly after he left the U.S. Senate in early 2009, Gordon Smith, an Oregon Republican and a Mormon, told church leaders that he voted for the Iraq war "because I felt the Lord's hand in it."

He said that if the war ultimately succeeds, "there will be an opportunity to begin building the church in the Middle East, which is a deeply troubled place."
    It's not a case of that reasoning being unique to a LDS congressman. People of other religions often have that same idea. It should go without saying that not every Mormon would hold that position. Not even a plurality. That does not mean that power brokers and politicians might have this as a goal, and take actions accordingly.

McMuffin represents an alliance with neoconservatives. That never works out well for anyone. Romney previously throwing in with neoconservatives is just another example. Is this cooperation a trend among LDS politicians? It might be. The neoconservatives have been very adept at forging alliances on a religious basis.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Certainly that describes the majority of voters. As the Hillary leaks show, they like the population ignorant and compliant.

It's not my original thesis though. An LDS congressman gave his reasoning, thus it is true in his case. And he tried to push that case with leadership.

Leaked video of Mormon church leaders: "Iraq war could open the door for new converts"

It's not a case of that reasoning being unique to a LDS congressman. People of other religions often have that same idea. It should go without saying that not every Mormon would hold that position. Not even a plurality. That does not mean that power brokers and politicians might have this as a goal, and take actions accordingly.

McMuffin represents an alliance with neoconservatives. That never works out well for anyone. Romney previously throwing in with neoconservatives is just another example. Is this cooperation a trend among LDS politicians? It might be. The neoconservatives have been very adept at forging alliances on a religious basis.
    IMO that could be construed as an advocation for humanitarian warfare instead of a sign of allegiance to the neoconservatives. If he was saying this to a group in order to secure voluntary contributions to wage a humanitarian war I'd have zero problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    IMO that could be construed as an advocation for humanitarian warfare instead of a sign of allegiance to the neoconservatives. If he was saying this to a group in order to secure voluntary contributions to wage a humanitarian war I'd have zero problems with it.
    That's exactly what it is. Mormons are 1st responders all over the world and are continually helping in a humanitarian basis.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    McMullen is NOT sanctioned by the LDS leaders so don't go there.

He's appealing to the Mormons because they are all deathly afraid of both Clinton and Trump, so many are listening to what he has to say- doesn't mean they will vote for him.

And, sorry, but Christians believe we are all brothers and sisters.
    As a practice, the LDS does not endorse any candidates. Polls show McMullen support between 20 and 25% in Utah which could be enough to deny the state for Trump.

https://www.mormon.org/faq/political-beliefs

Does The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints endorse political parties?

Official Answer

The Church has made the following public statement on multiple occasions prior to major elections: “Principles compatible with the gospel are found in the platforms of all major political parties. While the Church does not endorse political candidates, platforms, or parties, members are urged to be full participants in political, governmental, and community affairs.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-16-2016 at 04:20 PM.

I saw the other thread. A neocon ex-senator back in 2009 said the Iraq War would bring peace to the region. Big news there. As is the news that somebody was trying to influence LDS church leaders to take a political stance.

Yes, neoconservatism is prevalent among LDS politicians just like it's a trend among every other stripe of politicians. Why would they be immune?

LDS members are predominantly Republican, and a big majority of them think our MIC can make the world a safer place. This differs from any other group of Republicans how?

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    That would be quite a stretch. One man's "humanitarian" war is another man's war of aggression. Alliance is different than allegiance, but entangling alliances are strewn with unintended consequences. And if the Iraq war is any indicator, the neoconservatives got all they hoped for, this LDS politician got nothing, and there was untold death, destruction, suffering, unintended consequences and plenty of blow-back. If that was intended as a humanitarian war, then it was not just a failure, it created what it was intended to heal.

And it was taxpayer's money, so he voted to wage war with that being the case.

I saw the other thread. A neocon ex-senator back in 2009 said the Iraq War would bring peace to the region. Big news there. As is the news that somebody was trying to influence LDS church leaders to take a political stance.

Yes, neoconservatism is prevalent among LDS politicians just like it's a trend among every other stripe of politicians. Why would they be immune?

LDS members are predominantly Republican, and a big majority of them think our MIC can make the world a safer place. This differs from any other group of Republicans how?
    Agree.

The non-interventionist Republicans are a small group indeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast