Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Any coin or currency collectors here?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today , I picked up an 1878 S uncirculated silver Morgan dollar , a 1925 S Buffalo nickel in Fine , a 1914 D Buffalo nickel in Fine, a pair of 1976 S Proof silver quarters , an 1882 Shield nickel in Very Good and an 1876 Indian Cent in Very Good .
    Do something Danke

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Today , I picked up an 1869 Indian Cent and an 1883 Extra Fine Shield Nickel .
    Do something Danke

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today , I picked up an uncirculated 1969 Bahamian 15 Cent pc . , an uncirculated 2003 Syrian 5 Pound coin ,an uncirculated 1960 Small date Cent , an 1878 S silver Morgan dollar in about uncirculated , an 1886 Type 2 Indian Cent , a pair of Buffalo nickels , 1916 S & 1917 D and an about uncirculated silver 1930 Standing Liberty quarter .
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up a 1921 silver Peace dollar in Extra Fine , an uncirculated 1878 7/8 Tailfeathers silver Morgan dollar , a pair of circulated Franklin silver Halves and 19 silver Mercury dimes from 1917 - 1929 in Good to Fine . That was fun.
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up an 1878 Carson City silver Morgan dollar in Fine , an 1883 O silver Morgan dollar in About Uncirculated , an 1863 Indian Cent in About Uncirculated .
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up a couple silver Half Dimes , 1825 Bust and 1848 Seated Liberty , some silver dimes 1853 with Arrows , 1869 S , 1876 & 1890 all in Fine , two in About Uncirculated 1944 & 1945 D . A 1918 Buffalo nickel .That was fun
    Do something Danke

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Today , I picked up an 1872 Indian Cent and an Uncirculated 1908 Indian Cent .
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    got any egyptian pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    got any egyptian pounds?
    I do not , but there is a coin shop in Cibolo , Texas called MacVanderstein's that usually has some for sale on ebay .
    Do something Danke

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    What about Saudi Riyals

Today , I picked up an 1853 California gold Half Dollar . He is not nearly as handsome as I but it will do .
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up three uncirculated 1948 S Wheat Cents , an 1828 Large Cent in Very Good , an 1806 Half Cent in Good ( small 6 , stemless ) and an uncirculated 1950 S/ S silver quarter .
    Do something Danke

I have some silver quarters. And some silver dimes. And some silver dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    What about Saudi Riyals
    I do not remember seeing any .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I have some silver quarters. And some silver dimes. And some silver dollars.
    If you have any 1932 quarters , check on the back at the bottom , below the wreath for a S or D mintmark. Those are the only really valuable silver Washington quarters . If you have any of those pull them out of the rest of the junk silver quarters . Other than that they pretty well need to be pre 1952 and uncirculated to have much more than silver value . Also , any Mercury dimes should be checked for any 1921's . Those too need to come out of the junk silver .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-22-2017 at 07:44 PM.
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up an 1810 large Cent in Good , an uncirculated 1939 S nickel and a 1954 Israeli Half .
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up a pair of silver Bust dimes in Good , 1827 & 1831 .
    Do something Danke

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today , I picked up an About Uncirculated , silver 1939 D Walking Liberty Half , a 1925 S Buffalo nickel in Very Good , an Uncirculated 1950 S / D silver quarter , an 1820 / 19 Large Cent in Very Good , an 1864 Two Cent Pc. in Very Fine , a pair of silver Proof quarters , 1962 & 1964 , a 1963 silver Proof Franklin Half and a 1919 silver Chilean 20 Cent Pc. That was fun .
    Do something Danke

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Today , I picked up four Buffalo nickels Good to Fine , a pair of 1919's , a 1920 & a 1926 , a silver 1930 Standing Liberty quarter in Fine a collection of Indian Cents from 1887 - 1909 all in Good , with an extra 1887 & 1885 which were both Fine , the 1908 S was Fine as well . That was fun . If Danke had been along maybe he would have bought me something nice .
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up an About Uncirculated silver 1856 O Seated Liberty half , an Extra Fine 1924 D Wheat Cent , an Uncirculated 1862 Indian Cent and Good 1924 S Buffalo nickel . Nice haul.
    Do something Danke

Today , I picked up an 1851 Large Cent in Fine .
    Do something Danke

My eldest son accompanied (drove) his uncle on a beer run Friday night and found a $20 bill on the ground outside of the Publix in the rich neighborhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Today , I picked up a pair of silver Morgan dollars , a 1903 Extra Fine and an 1899 S , some uncirculated nickels , 1945 S , 1948 D , 1951 , 1951 S , 1952 D .
    Do something Danke

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The other day the GMIL pulled out her coin collection and proudly showed off that she had a "Nazi coin". We looked it up and it wasn't worth anything but she wasnt' giving up any of her coins -- "you can have them when I die" -- for her great-grandson who has a real collection going on. I set a reminder for myself in my calendar to bring up her "Nazi coin" and raz her about it at thanksgiving dinner this year. That should be a good 5 minute bit of conversation for the table.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The other day the GMIL pulled out her coin collection and proudly showed off that she had a "Nazi coin". We looked it up and it wasn't worth anything but she wasnt' giving up any of her coins -- "you can have them when I die" -- for her great-grandson who has a real collection going on. I set a reminder for myself in my calendar to bring up her "Nazi coin" and raz her about it at thanksgiving dinner this year. That should be a good 5 minute bit of conversation for the table.
    I do not keep Nazi coins , but I do have a Nazi belt buckle . I kept it because it was given by a family member . It sits on my fishing pole rack with two cast iron confederate soldiers , a lead ww 2 american soldier throwing a grenade and a small cannon and stack of cannon balls both cast iron .
    Do something Danke

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast