Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Gold Spike If Bernie Wins ?

Will Gold Spike If Bernie Wins ?

Peter Schiff had this theory that gold will spike if Bernie wins the caucuses or the nomination (he's going to win NH). He will have a 50/50 shot at winning the November election and Schiff thinks this will spook markets to the benefit of gold.

I have bought more physical gold last night locking in the current price from my dealer with a 1% premium (Krugerrands, their choice). So i guess i'm prepared for the worst.

Gold itself is holding above 1550 so looks like its ready to test 1600 again. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

@oyarde

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1575 right now , 1588 Fri. We will see No reason not 1600 now .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Peter Schiff had this theory that gold will spike if Bernie wins the caucuses or the nomination (he's going to win NH). He will have a 50/50 shot at winning the November election and Schiff thinks this will spook markets to the benefit of gold.

I have bought more physical gold last night locking in the current price from my dealer with a 1% premium (Krugerrands, their choice). So i guess i'm prepared for the worst.

Gold itself is holding above 1550 so looks like its ready to test 1600 again. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

@oyarde
    Peter Schiff always has a theory that gold will spike. He has been calling for $5,000 an ounce gold for more than a decade now. (though I see he backed off the $5,000 prediction and is only shooting for $2,000 an ounce).

If there is a recession, then gold may spike.

From 2009:

https://www.businessinsider.com/henr...to-5000-2009-9

A longtime dollar bear and gold bull, he foresees gold hitting $5000 per ounce "in the next couple of years," and predicts the Dow and gold will trade on a one-to-one ratio vs. the current level of around 9.7-to-1.

Schiff believes gold is currently "climbing a wall of worry" but will eventually become as hot as tech stocks in 1999 and start moving up $100 per day.

Schiff's forecast is based on his view the U.S. dollar is going to collapse under the weight of our massive deficit and reckless policies of the Obama administration, which he compares to the massive spending programs of the 1960s, which paved the way for gold's ascent in the 1970s. "Obama is making the same mistakes as Bush, but he's doing them on a grander scale," says Schiff, who is running for U.S. Senate in Connecticut as a Republican.
    Schiff has predicted twelve of the last one recessions.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-04-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Any reason why goid is down 1.2%? Shame im locked in, im down $20

Well I got this one wrong. Thought Biden doing poorly in the caucus would have a negative effect. I shorted the market last Wednesday. Covered some on Friday and cut the rest today on the spike up.

yikes its down 1.6%! What's going on ?

@oyarde

@oyarde
    Central banks pumping liquidity into the system?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

@oyarde
    I think tomorrow gets back what went down today but we will see , palladium up 100 , rhodium up 200 , platinum flat , silver down fifty cents since friday
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anybody on this forum own palladium? I bought some in 2006 on a whim for some diversification. $280 an ounce.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

@oyarde
    Confidence in the economy with President Buttplug.

Better than Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Confidence in the economy with President Buttplug.

Better than Trump.
    False confidence. Schiff makes a good point here:

HUGE bubble....

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Anybody on this forum own palladium? I bought some in 2006 on a whim for some diversification. $280 an ounce.
    Friend of mine sold his last week at 2K , he bought at 600 .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    If you go to Upstate Gold and Coin ( Fayetteville , NY ) , wwwupstatecoins.com , hit download for the daily wholesale dealer sheet and it shows what they are buying at which today was 30.00 under bid .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Friend of mine sold his last week at 2K , he bought at 600 .
    The premiums are insane on alternatives like palladium, I prefer buying coins with a low premium of around 1% from my dealer.

The premiums are insane on alternatives like palladium, I prefer buying coins with a low premium of around 1% from my dealer.
    I only have 1 kilo ea of platinum and palladium .Mostly I am in lead , steel , silver , copper , gold .
    Do something Danke

I am holding my bitcoin until it hits I million
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I only have 1 kilo ea of platinum and palladium .Mostly I am in lead , steel , silver , copper , gold .
    I like the liquidity in the secondary market for gold. If I want i can cash in very easily and near spot. That is very appealing to me.

Gold back at 1555 tonight on the Asian market so far
    Do something Danke

Gold back at 1555 tonight on the Asian market so far
    At least 1550 support is holding. Maybe if Bernie wins NH next week we will see some upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Central banks pumping liquidity into the system?
    China did a huge repo.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1ZX05X

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

If you go to Upstate Gold and Coin ( Fayetteville , NY ) , wwwupstatecoins.com , hit download for the daily wholesale dealer sheet and it shows what they are buying at which today was 30.00 under bid .
    Thanks for that link. I sold 20% of my palladium at bid $1916 an ounce and $75 under spot. Kitco was the same premium under spot. I sold to LCS and hoping moving forward I can do better after establishing a relationship with a new dealer.

Now if only silver would move...
    Last edited by sam1952; 02-05-2020 at 12:35 AM.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    One of the headlines on Kitco was copper up due to china stimulus
    Do something Danke

copper output from china expected to be down close to twenty percent remainder of month due to caronavirus
    Do something Danke

Gold up 0.5% in early trading.. the support level is holding for now

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dow up 340 to back over 29K , Gold should pass through 1560 , silver may not get to 17 3/4 , Platinum up 21.00 , Rhodium up another 100.00, West Texas Light Sweet Crude under 50 , wholesale gasoline at 1.44 . No reason you should not be able to get local 2 1/4 gasoline , copper 2.55 .
    Do something Danke

Gold up 0.5%. Silver up 1.5%

1550 held , can only see it going up from here.

I was thinking gold would go to 1570 today
    Do something Danke

Do something Danke

Gold up 0.3%, Silver down 0.3%

1572.7 Gold , 17.71 silver , 967.00 platinum , Rhodium 9500.00 , Palladium 2213.00, Copper 2.60, Dow down 245 but still over 29K. S &P 500 and Nascrap are close to flat .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast