Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes! Rand to vote against emergency declaration

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You certainly managed to cram a hell of a lot of collectivism in that one little post.

Did you know the more you publicly trash them, the less they'll read our good ideas and learn from them? What am I saying? Of course you do.
    When the polling data shows immigrants time and time again will vote against our Constitutional rights it is moronic to ignore it. Stating facts is not trashing, however referring to groups of people as "them" like you did some say that is a slur.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    There is absolutely zero chance of this happening after what Rand did today. He is getting savaged everywhere from the same Republican voters he needs to get elected and they will likely remember it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    When the polling data shows immigrants time and time again will vote against our Constitutional rights it is moronic to ignore it. Stating facts is not trashing, however referring to groups of people as "them" like you did some say that is a slur.
    Do you want to know what's moronic? Let me enlighten you. Moronic behavior is grousing about how immigrants might vote someday while our own children are being indoctrinated with communism in a manner so effective no foreign school system could hope to compete with it.

That is moronic behavior. Just about as moronic as cramming posts full of collectivism, then pointing fingers over the use of one innocent pronoun.

'There are among us a great mass of people who have been reared for generations under a government of tyranny and oppression. It is ingrained in their blood that there is no other form of government. They are disposed and inclined to think our institutions partake of the same nature as these they have left behind. We know they are wrong. They must be shown they are wrong.'--Calvin Coolidge
    Who do we have left who is capable of teaching them? And can we not help our own people at the same time?

Who is the moron? The person who thinks people foreign and domestic can learn a better way, and teaching them is a better cure? Or the person who let's the media circus distract them from that important work?

There is absolutely zero chance of this happening after what Rand did today. He is getting savaged everywhere from the same Republican voters he needs to get elected and they will likely remember it.
    Nobody will remember this next month but the white nationalists and the constitutionalists. And the fact that the WNs disapprove would get him more votes, not less.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-04-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Of course we all know that the white nationals know what poison they are, and like to hang out with the supporters of their enemies just to make them look guilty by association. But I don't give much credit for that.

Those other collectivists taught them how to do it. You know the ones I mean. The liberals.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Post Bushbot Trumpkins - Headed for the Ash Heap of History

All your bases R belong to us, mark your time.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    LMAO , now it's a 'Constitutional thing' with you . ''It's the right thing to do''
    Notice how that "you" in your words could apply not just to me, but also to Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Justin Amash, and everyone who supports this website's mission.

So then where do you fit in? Are you just here to troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    LMAO , now it's a 'Constitutional thing' with you . ''It's the right thing to do''

Good lord do you deliver.

A violation of the constitution is a violation of the constitution. And the more of those Republicans get away with now, the more Democrats get away with later. That's called 'precedence'.

I thought the danger of Democrats getting away with even more $#@! later was what got your blood pressure up in the first place.

All you want to do is find a way to jump from the frying pan to the fire.

This is an "emergency" declaration. The keyword being "emergency".
    If the President can spend money however he wants, and it takes a two-thirds majority of both houses of Congress to override the President's self-appropriations, then why have Congress at all?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If the President can spend money however he wants, and it takes a two-thirds majority of both houses of Congress to override the President's self-appropriations, then why have Congress at all?

It looks better.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I do not believe the President should have that power unless it is an "emergency" in time of war which includes defending our borders from an invasion which is what we have.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do not believe the President should have that power unless it is an "emergency" in time of war which includes defending our borders from an invasion which is what we have.
    It's not the President's job to be the judge of "time of war" either.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    This makes me so proud.

Rand is going to get attacked so hard on so many sides for this. And he's doing it anyway.
    I hope this doesn't mean he doesn't get to play golf with Trump anymore.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Pinochet is the model

I didn't know Rand Paul was wanting to retire from politics.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

It's not the President's job to be the judge of "time of war" either.
    The President is empowered to repel invasions as the Commander in chief of the military.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Serious question: Why didn't Republicans fund the wall/fence when they had the majority in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Serious question: Why didn't Republicans fund the wall/fence when they had the majority in 2016?
    And why didn't Trump make including $5 Billion for wall funding a criterion for signing the budgets they sent to him? Trump didn't decide to play that game until he was working with a Congress that he knew wouldn't do it.

This can't be right.

SwordSmyth has informed us that Justin Amash never decried Obama's use of executive power to legislate.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    That wouldnt of fueled his supporters anger enough to activate them politically. Make no mistake, Trump couldnt care less about the wall or border security. Political football is what this issue is, as is most of what he does.
    Last edited by TomtheTinker; 03-04-2019 at 07:42 AM.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

I am sorry but Rand is wrong here. If he wanted to do something about it, he and others in Congress need to change the National Emergencies Act of 1976. Congress abdicated this power to the President to declare a National Emergency.

Taking this court will only drag it out that much longer, but when it gets to court, a Judge is going to be reluctant to create a definition and interpret a law that Congress, itself, didn't bother to do in 1976.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am sorry but Rand is wrong here. If he wanted to do something about it, he and others in Congress need to change the National Emergencies Act of 1976. Congress abdicated this power to the President to declare a National Emergency.

Taking this court will only drag it out that much longer, but when it gets to court, a Judge is going to be reluctant to create a definition and interpret a law that Congress, itself, didn't bother to do in 1976.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    Facts
    Facts. Rand wont be any good to Liberty movement if he has no political collateral or isnt re elected if he decides to run again.

Um, lots of emergencies got declared without money being allocated. Lots of them.

How could Congress know they didn't like the law before Trump misinterpreted and abused it?

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    Facts. Rand wont be any good to Liberty movement if he has no political collateral or isnt re elected if he decides to run again.
    If the liberty movement is compromised of guys with opinions similar to yours, then there is no liberty movement.

fAxTs
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Changing that law may be a good idea.

But there's no need to say that he has to support one or the other and can't support following the Constitution right now before that law gets changed (if it ever can), while also supporting changing that law.

Also, I have seen no evidence that Trump's executive order is really pursuant to that law. Can you point to the part of it that you have in mind? Others here who have made claims similar to yours have not been able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Um, lots of emergencies got declared without money being allocated. Lots of them.

How could Congress know they didn't like the law before Trump misinterpreted and abused it?
    Uh huh, yeah?

Trump isn't the one that misinterpreted it.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    If the liberty movement is compromised of guys with opinions similar to yours, then there is no liberty movement.

fAxTs

You must spread somecReputation around...
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Uh huh, yeah?

Ford, Carter, Reagan, two Bushes, one Clinton and Obama all failed to do the unconstitutional end run around Congress' power of the purse because they all misinterpreted a law that only Trump can read?

Uh huh?

Care to explain how? Up to this challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Also, I have seen no evidence that Trump's executive order is really pursuant to that law. Can you point to the part of it that you have in mind? Others here who have made claims similar to yours have not been able to do that.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-04-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Uh huh, yeah?

Since you are acting like you know the law, please show us where it authorizes Trump to reallocate funding to the construction of a border wall, so that we can read that part of the law for ourselves and see if we agree that it says what you think it does.

Had he decleared a state of emergency and used funds already allocated to say the military or homeland security to build the fence, then I will agree with u. But that is not what he did, he is setting a dangerous precedent that other presidents are going to use to enslave us.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast