Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmart abandoning cities in response to out of control theft

Walmart abandoning cities in response to out of control theft

Two Portland Walmarts to close, eliminating 580 jobs - OPB
    https://www.opb.org/article/2023/02/...ayoffs-oregon/

Stores closing in portland. Just heard on the radio that Walmart is closing both of it's Portland, locations. This seems immense to me, and I wonder if they are closing the stores due to the extreme level of shoplifting? They amount of tax revenue that the City of Portland will miss out on is significant.

https://www.reddit.com/r/walmart/com...g_in_portland/

Walmart ordered to pay $4.4M to man racially profiled in Oregon | khou.com
    Aug 22, 2022 WOOD VILLAGE, Ore. — A Multnomah County jury has ordered Walmart to pay $4.4 million in damages to Michael Mangum, a Black man who sued the store after he said he was racially...
    https://www.khou.com/article/news/lo...0-2bba9e4b23aa

Walmart CEO says shoplifting could lead to price jumps, store closures
    12/22/22

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/06/walm...-closures.html

Walmart rolled out self-checkout to streamline operations and reduce labor needs — but employees and customers say it's causing a surge in theft

https://www.businessinsider.com/walm...t-2022-12?op=1

Walmart's plans to close one of its three D.C. stores has some locals in the surrounding neighborhood concerned about what will come next for their community.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...es/ar-AA187g0N

Walmart to close another Milwaukee store
    https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauke...ing-drive.html

plenty of videos could also be posted about this.

Only coverage on local news and online, nothing from cable, network news.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No shoplifting, few employees, no stocking shelves when items ordered online.

positive spin, more mom & pop indy shops can open back up

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    positive spin, more mom & pop indy shops can open back up
    you think mom and pop can withstand the smash and grab looting and stealing and property destruction better than a huge corporation? Maybe if they hire armed security that are allowed to beat down criminals.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

"When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Walmart is racist. Minorities live in the communities they refuse to service.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Access to fresh and healthy foods. Ha, ha, ha.. Most of what is in Walmart is not fresh and healthy food. Most low income people eat nothing but junk, processed foods.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    you think mom and pop can withstand the smash and grab looting and stealing and property destruction better than a huge corporation? Maybe if they hire armed security that are allowed to beat down criminals.
    Majority of looting I saw on tape is Big Box shops & chains

That said I wouldn't open any shop in Portland if ya gave me the building & full inventory

I dont think anyone cares about portland and dc, I dont. Cesspit gonna cess. If you think about it the major metro areas of the left and right coasts (with the exceptions of chicago , cleveland etc ) are almost entirely responsible for the destruction of this country .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-03-2023 at 04:14 AM.
    Do something Danke

what happens when portland no longer has any stores to steal from?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Racism will be blamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

A good solution to this, is stores like Walmart should have to provide a good reason for closing a store. "Not profitable" shouldn't be a good enough reason
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    No problem.

Enter, the Soviet, correction, USDA bread store.

Plenty of "customers" and shelf space.

Build it and they will come will encourage some magic on the supply side.

If Walmart was intelligent they would take all of their stores out of the liberal cesspool cities.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If Walmart was intelligent they would take all of their stores out of the liberal cesspool cities.
    Wal-Mart believes in and supports liberal cesspools up until they effect their bottom line.

Walmart to close 4 Chicago stores by Sunday, saying these sites are 'not profitable'

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/4/...not-profitable

seems in a hurry. less than 1 week notice.

!!

REI out of Portland. Too much theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    REI out of Portland. Too much theft.
    I thought that Portland was a great big open-air showroom for their camping products.

They could go out in a blaze of woke if they would donate their remaining stock to the homeless of Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I thought that Portland was a great big open-air showroom for their camping products.

They could go out in a blaze of woke if they would donate their remaining stock to the homeless of Portland.

Funny. They actually have some really nice stuff there. I never heard of them until about 10 years ago, when they opened a store in Rhode Island.
    Their approach is quite different. Like a club. The RI store is still doing well. Our human imports and domestic pets are not as restless, it would seem. And yes, we have lots of them, thanks to the Dems. But we wouldn't put up with this kind of b.s. like they do in other parts of the country. Which is why it doesn't happen here.

This cannot happen more often or fast enough.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Walmart to close 4 Chicago stores by Sunday, saying these sites are 'not profitable'

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/4/...not-profitable

seems in a hurry. less than 1 week notice.

!!
    https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/stat...28025497939968

https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/sta...59974891405313
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

^^^^^^^ Ha-Ha! ^^^^^^^^^^^

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mass Theft DESTROYS Chicago
    In this video I discuss the recent announcement that 4 Walmarts are closing in Chicago due to the insane amount of crime in the city & the politicians who support it
    https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewar...roys-chicago:7

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Access to fresh and healthy foods. Ha, ha, ha.. Most of what is in Walmart is not fresh and healthy food. Most low income people eat nothing but junk, processed foods.
    I get a lot of healthy products from Walmart & at a decent price- especially in today's world.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I get a lot of healthy products from Walmart & at a decent price- especially in today's world.
    I am sure you do.
    Most people wouldn't even know what fresh and health food is. Look at the grocery carts around you. They are overfilled with highly processed junk food.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I am sure you do.
    Most people wouldn't even know what fresh and health food is. Look at the grocery carts around you. They are overfilled with highly processed junk food.
    Exactly. I'm totally into natural food/health etc.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This cannot happen more often or fast enough.
    The solution to the problem is clearly to reopen later with tight biometric access controls tied to face recognition and digital IDs to monitor and track all entrants and their purchases. That'll show those recalcitrant yoots who runs $#@!, right? Maybe a liberal head will 'splode so it's all worth it to ensure a megacorp doesn't lose some merch, a few imaginary dollars and we all feel safer.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    No problem.

Enter, the Soviet, correction, USDA bread store.

Plenty of "customers" and shelf space.

Build it and they will come will encourage some magic on the supply side.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast