Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megyn Kelly out at NBC due to making comments about blackface Halloween costumes

Exclamation Megyn Kelly out at NBC due to making comments about blackface Halloween costumes

LOL, always fun to watch them eat their own.

Megyn Kelly Skips 'Today' as Questions Mount Over Her Future at NBC

https://www.wral.com/megyn-kelly-ski...-nbc/17944870/

Posted 9:40 a.m. today
    Updated 10:41 a.m. today

On the Tuesday episode of her show, Megyn Kelly made racially insensitive remarks that caused a backlash. On Wednesday, she apologized at length to her NBC studio audience, which rewarded her with a standing ovation. And on Thursday, she did not go on the air.

In place of the live show that had been scheduled for Wednesday, NBC broadcast a previously recorded episode of “Megyn Kelly Today.” “Happy Friday!” Kelly said in the show’s opening moment.

It was the latest sign that Kelly may never return to the NBC airwaves.

Her decision to skip “Megyn Kelly Today” came two days after she suggested, during an on-air round-table discussion, that it was appropriate for white people to dress in blackface as part of their Halloween costumes.

Kelly apologized in an email to her NBC colleagues hours after making those remarks. On Wednesday, she delivered an on-air apology in the opening minute of her 9 a.m. show — “I’m Megyn Kelly, and I want to begin with two words: I’m sorry.”

But her demonstrations of contrition did little, it seemed, to improve her standing with her colleagues or superiors at the network. At a midday meeting of NBC News staff members on Wednesday, Andrew Lack, the chairman of the news division, did not mention her apologies and said, “There is no other way to put this, but I condemn those remarks.”

Al Roker, a “Today” fixture, said on the show Wednesday that Kelly “owes a bigger apology to folks of color around the country.” The anchor Craig Melvin called her comments “racist and ignorant.”

By the end of the day, Kelly and Creative Artists Agency, the Hollywood talent agency that represented her, had parted ways. In addition, cast members and showrunners from the Netflix drama “House of Cards” had canceled their scheduled appearance on her show.

With no apparent support from her colleagues, her boss or her representatives, Kelly stayed out of the fray on Thursday, leaving her future at the network very much in doubt.

The events of the week were a dramatic shift for Kelly, who left Fox News for NBC in January 2017 in a splashy, high-priced signing. NBC gave her a rich deal through 2020 that was worth a reported $17 million a year and signaled that she would be a centerpiece of the network.

Kelly would host the third hour of NBC’s morning franchise, “Today,” and a Sunday night magazine program that would challenge the CBS stalwart “60 Minutes.” In addition, she would provide a boost to election specials and Olympics coverage. That was the plan, at least.

In the months before she made her sudden jump to NBC, Kelly had broken out of the cable news bubble by challenging Donald Trump during a presidential debate and writing critically of the Fox News chairman Roger E. Ailes in her memoir, who left the network after multiple women made allegations of sexual misconduct against him. In her book, “Settle for More,” Kelly reported that Ailes “made sexual comments to me, offers of professional advancement in exchange for sexual favors.”

So here was a high-rated Fox News personality who was not afraid to challenge Trump and seemed in step with the feminist movement that would later fall under the hashtag #metoo.

At Fox News, Kelly, a lawyer, had distinguished herself over 12 years as a sometimes prosecutorial interviewer who did not shy away from third-rail topics. She was No. 1 in her time slot, sometimes rivaling her colleague, Bill O’Reilly, as the biggest ratings draw in all of cable news.

In moving to a big network, she said that a politics-free morning show was something she was “born to do.” She aspired to become a hybrid of Charlie Rose and Oprah Winfrey, she said.

Kelly started her new venture on May 1, 2017. “First day on the job @NBCNews!” she tweeted, posting a black-and-white photo of herself standing in front of NBC’s peacock at the network’s 30 Rockefeller Plaza headquarters. “On the air in June, but had so much fun meeting new colleagues today. Grateful. Happy.”

Within a month, Kelly’s Sunday magazine show debuted to middling ratings. And before long Kelly became the scourge of parents of the Sandy Hook shootings when she interviewed the conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and posted a photograph of the two smiling together.

NBC quietly announced earlier this year that her Sunday show would return “periodically.”

The morning show, which started in September 2017, would be the source of more headaches. Throughout its run, “Megyn Kelly Today” has trailed the rival program “Live with Kelly and Ryan” by a significant margin.

Kelly’s show even attracted a smaller audience than the cheaper hour of “Today” that preceded her arrival. The previous version, a genial, low-key affair hosted by Al Roker, Dylan Dreyer and Sheinelle Jones, did not depend on the magnetism of a star performer. In the early episodes of her morning show, Kelly offended several celebrity guests, including Debra Messing, a star of NBC’s “Will & Grace,” who said after an appearance that she would never return to the show. Kelly later got into a dustup with Jane Fonda — by asking her pointedly about her plastic surgery — in what would eventually develop into a monthslong feud.

In an effort to convey a sunnier persona, Kelly danced awkwardly on the air with a “Today” show colleague, Hoda Kotb, to a Pitbull song. The clip of that moment was shared widely on social media (not in a good way).

In October 2017, after the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment stories broke, Kelly’s show became the site of discussions of sexual misconduct in the workplace. The host also did not shy away from reporting aggressively on sexual harassment stories that affected NBC News. Her close examination of Matt Lauer, whom the network ousted last November following sexual misconduct allegations, ruffled feathers within the network.

Early in 2018, there were signs that Kelly and NBC were not on the same page. The network did assign her as part of the team to cover the Olympics coverage in February, saying it did not want to disrupt her momentum.

After an extended period of pedestrian ratings, Kelly and Lack had a discussion earlier this month — well before the “blackface” remarks — on the possible winding-down of her portion of the “Today” show by the end of the year, according to two people briefed on the conversation. And Kelly has openly told friends in recent weeks about her unhappiness with top executives at NBC News.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what did she actually say? The article never quoted her comments. Is it that bad it can't be printed?!?

I'm not at all surprised. Kelly previously had made comments on air where she told black kids that Santa was white. NBC's audience is Progressives. That $#@! was never gonna fly on NBC. It was inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    So what did she actually say? The article never quoted her comments. Is it that bad it can't be printed?!?
    She said that she didn't see what was wrong with wearing blackface as part of Halloween costume, if you were dressing as a black person, i.e. Micheal Jackson.

“But what is racist?” the host asked a panel that curiously did not include any black guests. “You truly do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface at Halloween or a black person who puts on white face.”

“That was OK when I was a kid, as long as you were dressing like a character,” Kelly lamented.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/megyn-...w-is-it-racist

Oh for crying out loud. I hope she actually learns her lesson-- not that she apologize profusely, but rather that there is no pleasing them and that she should double down. That's the lesson that the bad orange Cheeto man taught the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    She said that she didn't see what was wrong with wearing blackface as part of Halloween costume, if you were dressing as a black person, i.e. Micheal Jackson.
    What a terrible thing to say. I had no idea she had so much hate in her heart to say something so incredibly racist.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Oh for crying out loud. I hope she actually learns her lesson-- not that she apologize profusely, but rather that there is no pleasing them and that she should double down. That's the lesson that the bad orange Cheeto man taught the world.
    It's harder for women.

They lack the fortitude to do things requiring strength of character.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Only once have I see people in blackface for halloween. And.....they were all hispanic.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post

Edit: I forgot that Megan Kelly was the one who flipped out about black Santas.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 10-25-2018 at 11:20 AM.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Just a publicity stunt for a show I have never watched and probably never will. This time next week no one will remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Actual quote

“You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface for Halloween, or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween. Back when I was a kid, that was okay as long as you were dressing up as, like, a character,” said Kelly

She didn't even say it was ok, she just said it was socially acceptable when she was a kid. She simply stated a fact.

The media has gone off the rocker as usual.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Actual quote

She didn't even say it was ok, she just said it was acceptable when she was a kid.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    What a horrible person.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Just a publicity stunt for a show I have never watched and probably never will. This time next week no one will remember this.
    No, the left lured her over with big promises and ate her alive.

Never trust the left.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What the hell was she thinking by apologizing. It is obviously to everyone from history that if you apologize these witch hunters gotcha. To these sick twisted race hucksters it means you are admitting you are a racist and have made racist statements when none were made.

It was pretty clear nothing she said was racist. Michael Jackson's Thriller was always pretty big with kids on Halloween since it came out in 83. Some years the most common Halloween outfit. No one in their right mind would think it is racist.

These people are truly disgusting and it is a shame she did not stand her ground and destroy them in court when they fired her for it. But she had to go and apologize.

Never liked her or her politics but thought she had a set of balls to not back down from a false accusation. I guess they beat even her into submission.
    Last edited by kahless; 10-25-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Confession: I was made to dress as an Eskimo in a school play. Good bye career.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Actual quote

She didn't even say it was ok, she just said it was socially acceptable when she was a kid. She simply stated a fact.

The media has gone off the rocker as usual.

She also said brought up the controversy of a white woman recently darkening her face for a Diana Ross costume and added "I don't know how that got racist on Halloween." So in her mind it should still be okay. Which, if that's her position, I don't really care. Note that when she said all of this there was a black woman in the background that didn't seem upset. Then again, Megan Kelly was the one who had the meltdown on Fox for there being *gasp* black Santas.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Then again, Megan Kelly was the one who had the meltdown on Fox for there being *gasp* black Santas.
    Black santas should be illegal as they hurt the sentiments of whites like me.

It sounded like she was trying to say that the PC culture has gone too far in that some people would get mad for "racism" if someone dressed up like a halloween character that has nothing to do with race or racism like a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    The big lie that non white people can't be racist is the worst, especially the non white people can't be racist against white people lie. I always hoped Obama's presidency would of reversed the victim mentality that cultivates this but the Trump presidency will only reverse this all, the only hope there is that possibly Trumps bipartisanship will make people think that the political parties and especially racial identity politics is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    racist against white people
    Racism against white people isn't really a thing, because why would anyone not like white people?

Racism against black people and mexicans however I totally understand, makes much more sense.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Racism against white people isn't really a thing, because why would anyone not like white people?

Racism against black people and mexicans however I totally understand, makes much more sense.

So is has it been confirmed that Megyn Kelly is out at NBC or this is just another rumor by the fake news brigade?

Megan Kelly is too in the middle for the extreme left at the networks. If her ratings went bad, then she would be gone quick. Even if her rating were the best, it was just a matter of time. The major networks have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that political obedience trumps rating or money.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Full segment, in context:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Real Housewives Diana Ross costume controversy:

I don't think she actually used "blackface". She may have used some slightly darker make-up than usual, but her skin is already kinda darker so I think it was mostly just the wig.

Full segment, in context:

I haven't followed Melissa Rivers career but that was...interesting. So later she comments on Megyn's apology and throws Megyn further under the bus.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/24/meliss...stume-apology/

But...Melissa's mom said Michelle Obama is a tranny.

I wonder if Melissa will throw her mom under the bus? Or maybe her mom's premature death has her worried?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    She also said brought up the controversy of a white woman recently darkening her face for a Diana Ross costume and added "I don't know how that got racist on Halloween." So in her mind it should still be okay. Which, if that's her position, I don't really care. Note that when she said all of this there was a black woman in the background that didn't seem upset. Then again, Megan Kelly was the one who had the meltdown on Fox for there being *gasp* black Santas.
    “Meltdown”? Her statement that Santa is a white man was a reaction to a left-wing article saying that Santa should not be white.

“Santa Should Not Be a White Man Anymore”

And this is an apples to oranges comparison. To really test if Kelly is consistent, the question should have been “what do you think of a black person wearing whiteface to play Santa?” If she found that offense, that would be evidence of hypocrisy and a double standard.

The idea of make-up being a bad thing at Halloween (as defined by SJW, victimhood dogma) is ridiculous. Many of the most professional costumes require make-up. If someone wanted to dress up like Diana Ross, and they used darker make-up to acheive a better effect, what’s the issue?

The zombie effect would be hard to achieve:

“What are you supposed to be?”
    “I’m a zombie”.
    “You like like a bum with dirty, torn clothes.”
    “Yeah, I couldn’t do the make-up, it’s not politically correct anymore.”

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So is has it been confirmed that Megyn Kelly is out at NBC or this is just another rumor by the fake news brigade?
    With no apparent support from her colleagues, her boss or her representatives, Kelly stayed out of the fray on Thursday, leaving her future at the network very much in doubt.
    Nope, just speculation, but if I was a betting man I'd say she was out.

Is it some sort of racism/racial ptsd that makes certain words or themes trigger thoughts of hate that you have to have experienced in order to understand so the whole part of society who has no hate has to walk around eggshells around you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast