Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Libertarian Party Options

Micro:
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Finder's keeper, Loser's weeper.

Macro: (FINDERS = KEEPERS) + (LOSERS = WEEPERS)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    SHOW OF HANDS: How many "No But One Paul And Only As A Republican" Activists will call Gary Johnson BACK STABBER, if he dares to don and run like a goddamn TRIATHLETE with the mantle that Ron Paul AND YOU reject?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know what part of this you don't GET, but if we would wait for Ron Paul to run out the clock on Tampa and he LOSES (as he is likely to do), it would be too late to START this process that scares you so much.

While there is "still a chance", why don't you work on THAT while others work on THIS?
    If you want to advocate for other candidates for President, besides Ron Paul, do it somewhere else than on Ron Paul Forums.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Information questions for cheapseats:
    Can the libertarian party nominate Gary Johnson and then Gary Johnson have the option of handing the baton to ron Paul if Paul desires to run after he loses GOP nomination?
    Can the LP nominate GJ as VP and leave top spot open or can GJ after being nominate drop down to VP slot to make room for RP?
    Can the LP make a deal with the Green party and nominate Jill Stein as GJ's running mate?
    Can the LP nominate RP andGJ for P?VP and then if RP says no move GJ up to P and offer VP to Jill Stein, Rocky Anderson or Buddy Roemer?

I know those are lots of questions. Some are based on ideas I have heard here and elsewhere. Some are based on my desire to find a way to form a coalition ticket. The inability of the RP campaign staff to adjust tactically is very troublesome. Do you think nepotism has anything to do with it? Hard to fire your son-in-law especially if his in cahoots with your son. Maybe I should make that thread happen next and watch this place go bat $#!+ crazy. if you want ot beat me to it you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    If you want to advocate for other candidates for President, besides Ron Paul, do it somewhere else than on Ron Paul Forums.

I most certainly do NOT want to advocate other candidates, here or anywhere. But, like you, I DO have Civic Duties.

Is our big-picture agenda a RON PAUL REPUBLICAN PRESIDENCY or SAVING AMERICA BEFORE SHE GOES OVER THE FALLS?

I appreciate that Ron Paul Supporters BELIEVE that only a Ron Paul Presidency CAN save America from going over the (rapidly approaching) falls. Perhaps that is even TRUE.

But it is ALSO true that Ron Paul runs an EXCEEDINGLY good chance of NOT winning the GOP nomination. What then? Just HANG ON while we DO go over the falls? Try NOTHING ELSE to avert catastrophe?

Is the sum total of your advice to NON REPUBLICAN Soft Support, which will NOT pimp the Republican Party, to STFU until after the Republican convention? When I joined the Board...in the LAST "election cycle", when Ron Paul lost his SECOND presidential bid...LIBERTY FOREST was above RON PAUL in the forum banner.

You would more constructively encourage Ron Paul to BAIL ON THE THOROUGHLY CORRUPTED REPUBLICAN PARTY MACHINE...chop-chop, time is of the essence...and SEIZE the Libertarian Party nomination next week.

Y'know all those "special" campaign announcements that were not even remotely special? THIS would be special.

This would MAKE NEWS.

Ron Paul has "simply" and sustainedly been UNABLE to parlay gi-normous rallies into a populist Game Changer. Why d'ya reckon that is, LibertyEagle, why do YOU reckon that is? And WHATEVER the explanation/rationalization (e.g. Big Bad Media), how do YOU propose to change that...substantively enough and quickly enough to MATTER?

Or do you advise trusting the campaign implicitly, and STAYING THE COURSE?
    Last edited by cheapseats; 04-26-2012 at 05:15 PM.

2012 Libertarian Party Convention at Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas

When:

Start: 05/02/2012 - 6:00pm
    End: 05/06/2012 - 2:00pm
    Timezone: US/Pacific
    Where:

11011 West Charleston Boulevard
    Las Vegas, NV 89135

Description:

2012 Libertarian Party National Presidential Nominating Convention at Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas.

Convention web site: www.LibertyWillWin.com

Link to hotel web site: www.redrocklasvegas.com

http://www.lp.org/event/2012-liberta...t-in-las-vegas

ELVIS IS IN THE BUILDING if Ron Paul shows up.

It is in Romney and Paul's mutual interest for Paul to stay in the race through Tampa. That way Romney knows (or thinks he knows) Paul will not run third party, and he has a slight chance of reaching Paul voters, or at least not alienating them. Paul wants to walk into the convention with a massive amount of delegates that give him chance to win it, or failing that a thunderous swan song moment for himself with the GOP, compared to not even being allowed on the floor of the 2008 convention. It would be in either case a great 'changing of the guard' experience showing the growing presence of the young pro-liberty, end the wars, end the Fed new generation on the major party scene.

The issue has always been whether Paul would pursue the third party option as an ADDITIONAL avenue for advancing his candidacy in 2012 and the liberty movement past this year. An LP nomination would enhance Paul's ability to gain the GOP nomination, but the LP does not have to delay its deliberations for the sake of the latter. I concur with others in this thread about the monstrous hubris of the Republican partisans here who have foisted the notion that the other parties should be on hold waiting for the outcome of the Republican convention in August. The world does NOT revolve around the GOP, nor does it even revolve around Paul. We need to change the political world so that it revolves around LIBERTY and the Constitution once more. Right now that means through Paul, but it is the whole movement that must carry forward.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

With respect, yes? I have a disposition like ten miles of bad road ANYWAY (shall we shoot me?), and people are being STIFF-NECKED, and we are running out of time on one particular opportunity.

Like weapons/spells or "lives" in a computer game...why NOT grab every one you can?

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    It is in Romney and Paul's mutual interest for Paul to stay in the race through Tampa. That way Romney knows (or thinks he knows) Paul will not run third party, and he has a slight chance of reaching Paul voters, or at least not alienating them...
    It is ABSOLUTELY in Mitt Romney's better interests, for Ron Paul to remain in the Republican fold. I'd remind his "enthusiastic" Supporters that their enthusiasm is pretty much still BLACKED OUT, as it has been from the start.

The "casual" Viewer/Voter (if you can call MAYBE an hour per day hearing about Trayvon Marten getting killed and Columbian Hookers getting screwed 'casual') hears again and again, on a GOOD day/night, some rendition of LONG-SHOT RON PAUL WHO NOW TRAILS INSURMOUNTABLY & HIS ENTHUSIASTIC SUPPORTERS VOW TO REMAIN IN THE RACE UNTIL TAMPA, BUT THEY ARE REALISTICALLY TOO FEW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN IN THE TIME REMAINING.

On a bad night, they say something snarky. On the really bad nights, they say NOTHING AT ALL. Y'all know damn well there are people who don't know/think he's still in the race. They don't think about him at all, any more than they think of Huntsman or Pawlenty.

IS HE STILL IN THE RACE? I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE WAS STILL IN THE RACE. I've heard 'em a hundred times. APIECE.

Paul wants to walk into the convention with a massive amount of delegates that give him chance to win it...
    NOT happening, with "massive amount of delegates." NOT. HAPPENING.

By what logic does anyone imagine that, in the UNLIKELY event of a brokered convention that Mitt Romney fails to win (after public reminder about WHO'S THE BOSS), somehow commanding numbers of Delegates magically coalesce behind a Candidate that has pointedly NOT secured the popular vote? As ECSTATIC as Ron Paul People would be, is how OUTRAGED not-Paul people would be. Good LUCK, making manifest The Message.

or failing that a thunderous swan song moment for himself with the GOP, compared to not even being allowed on the floor of the 2008 convention. It would be in either case a great 'changing of the guard' experience showing the growing presence of the young pro-liberty, end the wars, end the Fed new generation on the major party scene.
    As was Barack Obama's famous speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention.

He even managed the LANDSLIDE thing (or someone did), and STILL his post-election accomplishments PALE beside his campaign rhetoric. NO MATTER WHICH REPUBLICAN WOULD "WIN", payback gridlock is NOT a bitch for #BigMoney.

The issue has always been whether Paul would pursue the third party option as an ADDITIONAL avenue for advancing his candidacy in 2012 and the liberty movement past this year. An LP nomination would enhance Paul's ability to gain the GOP nomination, but the LP does not have to delay its deliberations for the sake of the latter. I concur with others in this thread about the monstrous hubris of the Republican partisans here who have foisted the notion that the other parties should be on hold waiting for the outcome of the Republican convention in August. The world does NOT revolve around the GOP, nor does it even revolve around Paul. We need to change the political world so that it revolves around LIBERTY and the Constitution once more. Right now that means through Paul, but it is the whole movement that must carry forward.
    Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead. Everything we got, ALL IN, balls to the wall. If not now, seriously, WHEN?

People type and type and type about how #BigGovernment = #BigMoney is TIGHTENING THE NOOSE, but somehow the folks WITHOUT power will finagle to swipe power out from under the Powerful...and also not become corrupted by power. After May 2nd, I won't pester y'all anymore about Ron Paul reconsidering third-party/indie/whatever. In the meantime, I sincerely-if-not-sweetly suggest you reconsider opposition to an IN-PLAY PLAN B.

Ron Paul DOES respond to Supporters, yes? If not, why would anyone want him to rule over them?

If you wade thru the FLUFF on page one of General Politics, other "headlines" herald our IMMINENT future, absent the UPSET OF THE MILLENNIUM:

Federal Govt Attempts to Sieze Control of Food Retail System

Feds to ban children from farm chores

Homeland Security raids flea market over bogus sports jerseys

"..Republican Party Machine is Now Focused on Suppressing the Paul Campaign"

Obama defends raids on medical marijuana providers in Rolling Stone interview

The End of Parental Consent

URGENT Vote on CISPA now expected WITHIN THE HOUR!! Call your reps 2 vote against!!

Big Pharma: Drug Them and Then Deny End-Of-Life Care

How a RPF forum member's stepson with autism was shot and killed at school by a cop

Population Reduction Agenda

I AM DEEEE-LIGHTED TO BE WRONG, but my educated and considered opinion is that WE'LL GET 'EM IN 2016, 2020, 2024 is nonsense...except for people who derive Income &/or Pleasure from politics. Delusional, or design-ful.

And I don't think expressing that belief warrants penalizing me with the ban that I stipulate lies within the purview of Private Property Owners. If newspaper publishers in Revolutionary America had cited PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS to disseminate only British Propaganda, they'd not have lived to print the tale. NO, I AM NOT CALLING ANYONE A TURNCOAT OR THREATENING HARM. I am pointing out that The Powers That Be HERE do unto others as others do unto Ron Paul.

OF COURSE we win ultimately, if we keep resisting rather than rolling over. No WONDER people buy into the delayed gratification slash SUCK IT UP construct of Heaven...or 72 Virgins, as the case may be. What a suck-y life.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 04-26-2012 at 06:43 PM.

cheapseats, Do me a favor and stop making so much sense. I'm not use to it very much around here. All these libertarian folks proclaiming their non conformist ways but everyone is in lock step with self destruction. The the previous poster.... I refuse to post the link again that i have posted more than a dozen times. Find it yourself....RON PAUL CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE GOP CONVENTION TO RUN INDY OR 3RD PARTY BECUASE THERE ARE ONLY ABOUT 6 OR 7 STATES THAT WILL ALLOW HIM TO FILE AS SUCH AFTER AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With respect, yes? I have a disposition like ten miles of bad road ANYWAY (shall we shoot me?), and people are being STIFF-NECKED, and we are running out of time on one particular opportunity.

Like weapons/spells or "lives" in a computer game...why NOT grab every one you can?

It is ABSOLUTELY in Mitt Romney's better interests, for Ron Paul to remain in the Republican fold. I'd remind his "enthusiastic" Supporters that their enthusiasm is pretty much still BLACKED OUT, as it has been from the start.

The "casual" Viewer/Voter (if you can call MAYBE an hour per day hearing about Trayvon Marten getting killed and Columbian Hookers getting screwed 'casual') hears again and again, on a GOOD day/night, some rendition of LONG-SHOT RON PAUL WHO NOW TRAILS INSURMOUNTABLY & HIS ENTHUSIASTIC SUPPORTERS VOW TO REMAIN IN THE RACE UNTIL TAMPA, BUT THEY ARE REALISTICALLY TOO FEW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN IN THE TIME REMAINING.

On a bad night, they say something snarky. On the really bad nights, they say NOTHING AT ALL. Y'all know damn well there are people who don't know/think he's still in the race. They don't think about him at all, any more than they think of Huntsman or Pawlenty.

IS HE STILL IN THE RACE? I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE WAS STILL IN THE RACE. I've heard 'em a hundred times. APIECE.

NOT happening, with "massive amount of delegates." NOT. HAPPENING.

By what logic does anyone imagine that, in the UNLIKELY event of a brokered convention that Mitt Romney fails to win (after public reminder about WHO'S THE BOSS), somehow commanding numbers of Delegates magically coalesce behind a Candidate that has pointedly NOT secured the popular vote? As ECSTATIC as Ron Paul People would be, is how OUTRAGED not-Paul people would be. Good LUCK, making manifest The Message.

As was Barack Obama's famous speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention.

He even managed the LANDSLIDE thing (or someone did), and STILL his post-election accomplishments PALE beside his campaign rhetoric. NO MATTER WHICH REPUBLICAN WOULD "WIN", payback gridlock is NOT a bitch for #BigMoney.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead. Everything we got, ALL IN, balls to the wall. If not now, seriously, WHEN?

People type and type and type about how #BigGovernment = #BigMoney is TIGHTENING THE NOOSE, but somehow the folks WITHOUT power will finagle to swipe power out from under the Powerful...and also not become corrupted by power. After May 2nd, I won't pester y'all anymore about Ron Paul reconsidering third-party/indie/whatever. In the meantime, I sincerely-if-not-sweetly suggest you reconsider opposition to an IN-PLAY PLAN B.

Ron Paul DOES respond to Supporters, yes? If not, why would anyone want him to rule over them?

If you wade thru the FLUFF on page one of General Politics, other "headlines" herald our IMMINENT future, absent the UPSET OF THE MILLENNIUM:

I AM DEEEE-LIGHTED TO BE WRONG, but my educated and considered opinion is that WE'LL GET 'EM IN 2016, 2020, 2024 is nonsense...except for people who derive Income &/or Pleasure from politics. Delusional, or design-ful.

And I don't think expressing that belief warrants penalizing me with the ban that I stipulate lies within the purview of Private Property Owners. If newspaper publishers in Revolutionary America had cited PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS to disseminate only British Propaganda, they'd not have lived to print the tale. NO, I AM NOT CALLING ANYONE A TURNCOAT OR THREATENING HARM. I am pointing out that The Powers That Be HERE do unto others as others do unto Ron Paul.

OF COURSE we win ultimately, if we keep resisting rather than rolling over. No WONDER people buy into the delayed gratification slash SUCK IT UP construct of Heaven...or 72 Virgins, as the case may be. What a suck-y life.

ELVIS IS IN THE BUILDING if Ron Paul shows up.

SUIT UP & SHOW UP, sez a different They . . . who are actually ON a Recovery Path.

Rather than talking to Santorum about his comparative Few, talk to Gary Johnson about the FORTY PERCENT of Americans who identify as INDEPENDENT. Behind close doors, like Santorum is talking to Romney . . . sumthin' SPECIAL.

Big splashy entrance . . . it's VEGAS.

Even "just" a CAMEO appearance . . . SHOW UP = NO BRAINER. See what happens.

At least LET something happen, if a Collective Subconscious heretofore unknown to itself MAKES something happen. Not because they fall in love with Ron Paul or hear the call of Sound Money, but "only" because they are all like passengers on the Titanic. "From first class to steerage."

Upsetting the Establishment applecart is BETTER for Rank & File, WORSE for Entrenched Elite.

RACE = SPORT

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!
    Last edited by cheapseats; 04-26-2012 at 07:13 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    QUESTION:

Why is it reprehensible to saddle future Others with our self-assumed Debt, which can NEVER can be repaid, if it is NOT reprehensible to saddle them with our self-imposed Broken System, which prevents EVER putting a stop to saddling future Others with accumulated unpayable Debt = Bondage?
    Last edited by cheapseats; 04-26-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Apr 26, 2012 3:01pm

Young People May Not Bother to Vote for Obama: Poll

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...or-obama-poll/

In my view, it is utterly stupid for Ron Paul TO wait for Tampa.

Whereas Ron Paul has WHAT to lose by joining them . . . the "favor" of Republican Party Bosses?

Like saying Ron Paul hasn't gotten anywhere all this while.

IF Ron Paul doesn't get the GOP nomination? IF?!?!

It makes sense for Ron Paul to PISS OR GET OFF THE POT.

This year is a "huge boon" for the Libertarian Party ALREADY . . . one man's disappointment being another man's opportunity. Finder's keeper, Loser's weeper.

Libertarian Party has ballot access in all 50 states.

UNLIKE the ol' write-in option.
    There have been many polls where Ron Paul beats Obama as a REPUBLICAN while the max he's got as a 3rd-party candidate is about 20% or so with Obama at 40-45%; that should make it clear to any rational person where he has a better chance & why he's taken that path!

And you're disregarding the countless hours & money that many have spent on the delegate-process & to push Ron Paul within the Republican Party with their blood, sweat & tears, may be you don't care about such things but Ron does & he even mentioned it in the recent interview

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveforpaul View Post
    Information questions for cheapseats:
    Can the libertarian party nominate Gary Johnson and then Gary Johnson have the option of handing the baton to ron Paul if Paul desires to run after he loses GOP nomination?
    Can the LP nominate GJ as VP and leave top spot open or can GJ after being nominate drop down to VP slot to make room for RP?
    Can the LP make a deal with the Green party and nominate Jill Stein as GJ's running mate?
    Can the LP nominate RP andGJ for P?VP and then if RP says no move GJ up to P and offer VP to Jill Stein, Rocky Anderson or Buddy Roemer?

I know those are lots of questions. Some are based on ideas I have heard here and elsewhere. Some are based on my desire to find a way to form a coalition ticket. The inability of the RP campaign staff to adjust tactically is very troublesome. Do you think nepotism has anything to do with it? Hard to fire your son-in-law especially if his in cahoots with your son. Maybe I should make that thread happen next and watch this place go bat $#!+ crazy. if you want ot beat me to it you're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    The issue has always been whether Paul would pursue the third party option as an ADDITIONAL avenue for advancing his candidacy in 2012 and the liberty movement past this year. An LP nomination would enhance Paul's ability to gain the GOP nomination, but the LP does not have to delay its deliberations for the sake of the latter.
    Yes, bring LP nominee while running GOP would help him within GOP as they wouldn't want to split the GOP vote but some felt that it might also antagonize the Republican voters so I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveforpaul View Post
    cheapseats, Do me a favor and stop making so much sense. I'm not use to it very much around here. All these libertarian folks proclaiming their non conformist ways but everyone is in lock step with self destruction. The the previous poster.... I refuse to post the link again that i have posted more than a dozen times. Find it yourself....RON PAUL CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE GOP CONVENTION TO RUN INDY OR 3RD PARTY BECUASE THERE ARE ONLY ABOUT 6 OR 7 STATES THAT WILL ALLOW HIM TO FILE AS SUCH AFTER AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you think Ron Paul is an idiot? He's someone who knows first-hand how much the political machine is geared to obliterate competition so I'm sure he understands that
    So IF HE WANTS to run 3rd-party then he'll choose that path in the near future if Romney continues to secure bound-delegates, it's up to him I guess
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

Maybe he should have run directly against Obama as a democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Or Nothing II View Post
    ]
    Do you think Ron Paul is an idiot? He's someone who knows first-hand how much the political machine is geared to obliterate competition so I'm sure he understands that
    So IF HE WANTS to run 3rd-party then he'll choose that path in the near future if Romney continues to secure bound-delegates, it's up to him I guess

I suggest, with respect due to Ron Paul, that he never believed he would actually come face-to-face with the real-life at-hand prospect of BEING President of the United States. I don't think that was ever HIS "I have a dream."

I KNOW WHERE ALL Y'ALL STAND ABOUT HIM BEING PRESIDENT.

Where he stands on it is less clear. "All the way to Tampa EVEN IF ROMNEY HAS 1144 DELEGATES." Does that sound like someone who wants to WIN? I ask, what are his chances of winning the GOP nomination if Romney goes in with the magic number?

ARE HIS ENTHUSIASTIC SUPPORTERS DEMANDING ANSWERS? Or are they implicitly trusting not only HIM, but also an "official" campaign directed by OTHER (can't fill Ron's shoes) mortals? Is he being SHIELDED from this "tough choice", same as discussion HERE gets bounced into cyber-oblivion?

The Libertarian Party nominating convention begins in Las Vegas on May 2.

If Ron Paul does not at least make AN ACT OF PRESENCE, then I will not that say that he is an idiot...empirically, he is NOT an idiot..but I WILL say that he has come face-to-face with BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, and does not WANT to win.

WANTING to lord over all is one of the things that is LEAST appealing about "Presidential Hopefuls". PICK ME! PICK ME!

Some of his personal strengths are political liabilities in the "new" millennium. Sadly, c'est la vie.

A critical mass of Americans, INCLUDING some Ron Paul Supporters "simply" revere Profits & Perks above Principles & Peace, Actors & Athletes above Philosophers & Scientists, and Tits & Ass above Smarts & Ethics.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 04-27-2012 at 06:56 AM.

2h ImplausibleEndeavors ‏ @MindOfMo
    @RonPaul: Does January headline perchance ring bell as MISSTEP? "Paul goes home to Texas just as campaign heats up": http://yhoo.it/IgVJCx

ImplausibleEndeavors ‏ @MindOfMo
    @RonPaul: You can make it home on eve of critical Caucus, seems you could make ACT OF PRESENCE at #LibertarianPartyConvention in #LasVegas.

ImplausibleEndeavors ‏ @MindOfMo
    @RonPaul: You should be dealing w/ #JOHNSON, not #Santorum. Even cameo appearance at #LibertarianPartyConvention...ELVIS IS IN THE BUILDING.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BTW: Dan Gordon is a State Representative in Rhode Island who is a Libertarian. He switched from Republican a few months ago.

So, you're wrong again? :P

QUESTION:

Why is it reprehensible to saddle future Others with our self-assumed Debt, which can NEVER can be repaid, if it is NOT reprehensible to saddle them with our self-imposed Broken System, which prevents EVER putting a stop to saddling future Others with accumulated unpayable Debt = Bondage?
    Yes, passing on debt to future generations is a form of intergenerational slavery but I'd just like to point out that the debt is NOT "unpayble" as many conspiracy theorists claim; there's no such theoretical impediment at all, the problem is the unwilling to cut spending & save on the part of the Congress & the people themselves

For example, if public opinion could be influenced enough for people to agree to cutting massively & let's say 2.5 trillion is collected in revenue & 1.5 is spent & saved 1 trillion is used to pay off the debt then the debt can be brought down to nothingness in the future; so the real problem is that different factions of the population don't want to give up & cut their favorite spending, be it warfare or welfare

There are many conspiracy theorists out there who simply don't understand economics & the nature of money, interest & debt OR are simply lying to agitate people to make money off people or to gain fame; here's the basic understanding of it - http://mises.org/daily/4569

Another widespread MYTH amongst conspiracy theorists is that "government pays interest to Fed"
    Well, yes, it does & what happens next? Well, the Fed hands over nearly all of its "profits" to Treasury/government so basically, interest "paid" to Fed comes right back to government anyway - http://mises.org/daily/4029
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456