Thread: Army Recruiting 10 Year Olds?

Army Recruiting 10 Year Olds?

Saw an Army commercial yesterday, or was it a commercial for the up coming movie Independence Day? SMH, looks like the Army is recruiting children now.
    Here is a website link with interactive games. http://www.goarmy.com/joinesd.html Flying drones no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL.....this franchise and their ads.

Funny story.

I was in the midwest, working in bars. My brother came to visit from Mississippi. It was me, him, my gf, and her sis at the house. He had never done LSD, and I had some FIRE Timothy Leary print from a dead family in St. Louis. So we each drop a four way, and are chilling rambling back and forth with the tv on in the background.

Anyone remember the first Independence Day movie fake newscast ad that ran like 30 mins? They had an Orson Wells type fake news cast running about the alien invasion. LOL....I saw he was looking more and longer at the tv watching it. He finally looked at me, and asked, "Man.....is this $#@! really happening??!?!"

Had I been cruel....but, he was my brother and his first trip, so I played nice.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Here is the commercial I saw on TV. The TV version stopped at the 28 second mark. Which makes the Independence day connection, ever so slightly, less obvious. Note it was paid for by the U.S. Army.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    Had I been cruel....but, he was my brother and his first trip, so I played nice.
    You really did the right thing there. $#@!ing with someone's head like that is not cool. No virtue in turning a good trip into bad.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Here is the commercial I saw on TV. The TV version stopped at the 28 second mark. Which makes the Independence day connection, ever so slightly, less obvious. Note it was paid for by the U.S. Army taxpayer.
    Fixed that fer'ye.

Reminds me of an edit I made to a wikipedia article about the USS Forrestal where it states that the vessel was repaired to the tune of $70 million, courtesy of the US Navy. I changed it to reflect the fact that it was US taxpayers who footed that bill. The edit was rejected. Tells one something about who's really running wiki.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Not surprised at all.

I guarantee that all these kids who "enlist" are filed in a data base so they can later be contacted for interest in the military.

I'm on Yahoo Answers which is a forum-like service of Yahoo. The minimum age for asking a question is 13. I frequent the military sub-forum and see A LOT of younger high school kids asking questions. Many of them are 13 or 14.

By the way, I am the fly in the ointment on the military sub-forum, along with the police sub-forum. Kids and people in their 20s ask questions about joining law enforcement and the military. I give the most discouraging answers, citing laundry lists of what is wrong with both law enforcement and the military.

If you're looking for a change of pace of not preaching to the choir, then I invite people here to join Yahoo Answers. People who ask questions WILL listen to you. It's also not like a forum in that you real don't debate people, so you save a lot of energy. I have cut & paste answers, so my time spent there is minimal.

A lot of the cops and vets hate me there, and I love it!

Here's the thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...s-vets-hate-me
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    You really did the right thing there. $#@!ing with someone's head like that is not cool. No virtue in turning a good trip into bad.
    Oh, I wasn't even tempted. I had two other friends that comprised our trip circle, and we'd usually trip about once a month. We would mess with each other, but never will ill intent. LOL....ever been laying on the floor watching tv, and have a buddy walk by and drop a handful of confetti over your face? ROFL......you'd swear that stuff was taking an hour to fall, and you're trying to embed your back into the floor to get away from it. But we were very good friends, and all very exerienced with LSD. First timers always got the "training wheels" treatment.

My personal favorite was to go to my bedroom, turn off the lights so it was pitch black, put a strobe on slow pulse, and blare NIN. Not for the newcomers, but if you knew how to keep the reigns tight, one hell of a ride.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    Oh, I wasn't even tempted. I had two other friends that comprised our trip circle, and we'd usually trip about once a month. We would mess with each other, but never will ill intent. LOL....ever been laying on the floor watching tv, and have a buddy walk by and drop a handful of confetti over your face? ROFL......you'd swear that stuff was taking an hour to fall, and you're trying to embed your back into the floor to get away from it. But we were very good friends, and all very exerienced with LSD. First timers always got the "training wheels" treatment.

My personal favorite was to go to my bedroom, turn off the lights so it was pitch black, put a strobe on slow pulse, and blare NIN. Not for the newcomers, but if you knew how to keep the reigns tight, one hell of a ride.
    Quietly watching the geometries take form and dissipate. Epic visions.

When I was about 10 I would go by the recruiters office and get stuff , posters , frameable glossy 8 x 10 photos , stickers and stuff and trade it at school for stuff I would sell .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    When I was about 10 I would go by the recruiters office and get stuff , posters , frameable glossy 8 x 10 photos , stickers and stuff and trade it at school for stuff I would sell .
    Figures.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Figures.
    LOL , I am just a poor ol' country boy tryin' to make a livin'.