Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Origanalist?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Do you just post Ted Cruz memes now?

Both black and white, but only closely resembles Ted.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    ...and my suggestion for you to decaffeinate or de-blow still stands.

Lookit bud, I know that you have become a Trumptard, and therefore hate me because I point out how you're a Trumptard.

So, that's the situation (and it has nothing to do with this thread, no matter your feigned rage at my trivial comment to AF).

You're a child of low moral character without even the sense to apologize when an apology is appropriate. A basement dweller that has taken to online anonymity because your smart ass'd mouth has led to your getting your ass kicked one too many times times for your ego to bear. This has nothing to do with Trump, excepting as a deflection on your part as a way to deal with the shame you should rightfully feel, and everything to do with personal insults against another forum member and his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have a hard time thinking I would confuse you for Phil , LOL
    I know right? I am much more handsome than phil

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You're a child of low moral character without even the sense to apologize when an apology is appropriate.
    It isn't appropriate to apologize for a joke (except to a child, but I was under the impression I was speaking to a man [who isn't even you!]).

A basement dweller that has taken to online anonymity because your smart ass'd mouth has led to your getting your ass kicked one too many times times for your ego to bear. This has nothing to do with Trump, excepting as a deflection on your part as a way to deal with the shame you should rightfully feel, and everything to do with personal insults against another forum member and his wife.
    It has much to do with Trump, since my righteous mockery of your sad love for him is the source of your hatred for me.

It's obvious that you're only embarked on this little psuedo-moral crusade here because you already have some problem with me.

...but, as the meme above expresses most succinctly, I don't care.

So, take a deep breath, put me on your ignore list if that's what you need to do, and go about your business.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I know right? I am much more handsome than phil
    I actually often confuse you two.

Since there's nothing similar in either the style or substance of what you write, I think you two must have had similar avatars at some point.

...and somehow this is burned into my brain.

Also, you're two of the few on the forum to have a human name in your username; maybe that's part of it.

i.e. my first name isn't "r3volution" and AF's first name isn't "anti-".

It isn't appropriate to apologize for a joke (except to a child, but I was under the impression I was speaking to a man [who isn't even you!]).
    Who taught you that? When a <bad> joke falls flat, and crickets and hard stares follow that is EXACTLY proper course of action. Among civilized adults. You've made it apparent that you are neither. A child with ego problems unable to 'adult.' Which you continue to exhibit.

It has much to do with Trump, since my righteous mockery of your sad love for him is the source of your hatred for me.

It's obvious that you're only embarked on this little psuedo-moral crusade here because you already have some problem with me.

So, take a deep breath, put me on your ignore list if that's what you need to do, and go about your business.

No. It really doesn't. What it has to do with is the familial relations formed on these boards for over a decade. Danke, might have gotten away with your comment. But, he knows better. HB might have gotten away with your comment. But, he knows better. I might have gotten away with your comment. But, I know better. YOU don't enjoy that particular familial bond. I don't know what AF thinks of you, but knowing AF all these years, I'm quite sure of my belief.And your "joke" fell flat. And you don't even have the common sense to realize that.

So $#@!ing man up. Apologize. The forums might think better of you.

Ah. And there you have it childling. Your projection of my antipathy of you, over Trump, as to the reason for calling you out. When in fact your 'joke' was simply not a joke, but an earnest dig at a man, and his wife, that you don't agree with. In your own words you expose yourself as a child of low moral character.

Are you a white guy who wonders why you get beat up for making jokes with the n-word around black people, when Chris Rock gets laughs instead?

Who taught you that? When a <bad> joke falls flat, and crickets and hard stares follow that is EXACTLY proper course of action. Among civilized adults. You've made it apparent that you are neither. A child with ego problems unable to 'adult.' Which you continue to exhibit.

No. It really doesn't. What it has to do with is the familial relations formed on these boards for over a decade. Danke, might have gotten away with your comment. But, he knows better. HB might have gotten away with your comment. But, he knows better. I might have gotten away with your comment. But, I know better. YOU don't enjoy that particular familial bond. I don't know what AF thinks of you, but knowing AF all these years, I'm quite sure of my belief.And your "joke" fell flat. And you don't even have the common sense to realize that.

Since it didn't stick the first time, allow me to reiterate:

I'm not interested in your opinion: about me, about comedic etiquette, about politics, about the weather.

Now, so that this travesty of wasted bandwidth may end, I'm not going to respond any further to you.

Have a nice evening.

Since it didn't stick the first time, allow me to reiterate:

I'm not interested in your opinion: about me, about comedic etiquette, about politics, about the weather.

Now, so that this travesty of wasted bandwidth may end, I'm not going to respond any further to you.

Have a nice evening.
    A child of low morale character <slams the door.>

i.e. my first name isn't "r3volution".
    It's actually Michael, isn't it?

Longer version

A child of low morale character <slams the door.>
    What else do you expect of a wannabe emperor of the world with a god complex?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Now, so that this travesty of wasted bandwidth may end,
    Now that right there is comedic gold.

I did something I've done only a few times before, reported the post.

It went over the line, and yeah, an apology would be the decent thing to do.

"Sorry man, that went over the line, and I retract it."

But I'm not expecting that, when people double and triple down on the same bull$#@!, apologies are not forthcoming.

Can't do it and "save face".

Every day I feel more and more like D-Fens.

At 2:10

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I have grown to picture AF in my head as actually looking and living like William Wallace (yet somehow able to surf people of walmart). Which brings to mind what that dewd did in retribution for his wife.

I also have a real name in my username. You all can confuse me now too.

And didn't OG's avatar used to be a cat with mice crawling on its head?
    Last edited by tfurrh; 06-03-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I did something I've done only a few times before, reported the post.

It went over the line, and yeah, an apology would be the decent thing to do.

"Sorry man, that went over the line, and I retract it."

But I'm not expecting that, when people double and triple down on the same bull$#@!, apologies are not forthcoming.

Can't do it and "save face".

Every day I feel more and more like D-Fens.

At 2:10

The child of low moral characters post was yanked. But, no discipline applied by the authority figures of these forums. I have the feeling this has been the way his whole life.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-03-2019 at 08:38 PM.

For me, I draw the line for comedy at race, rape and gay jokes. I think people should not make it cos they offend me and they are not funny. Just about everything else is OK with me.

Seems like that @Origanalist has been stirring up a lot of $#@! in this thread .
    Do something Danke

For me, I draw the line for comedy at race, rape and gay jokes. I think people should not make it cos they offend me and they are not funny. Just about everything else is OK with me.
    I agree, rape usually isn't funny.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

True , there is nothing OK about rape . Nobody cares about gays though except maybe ED ( Enhanced Deficit )and I try and make fun of all races equally.
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-04-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    Do something Danke

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    True , there is nothing OK about rape . Nobody cares about gays though and I try and make fun of all races equally.
    Some people think just because one is an equal opportunity offender, that means its OK to make race jokes. Well its never OK, you could get your arse kicked if you pulled that shyte in my neighbourhood. And I don't think I need to explain to you why rape jokes or jokes about ones' sexuality is bad. Human decency is all you need to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I agree, rape usually isn't funny.
    Doing your sarcasm bit again. You probably think everything is funny

Some people think just because one is an equal opportunity offender, that means its OK to make race jokes. Well its never OK, you could get your arse kicked if you pulled that shyte in my neighbourhood.
    There are funny things about every race/ethnicity, if you aren't excessively offensive (somewhat subjective but any child can grasp the generalities) and if you treat them all equally and don't complain when people joke about yours there shouldn't be a problem.

Making race/ethnicity a sacred cow is leftist tripe.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I actually often confuse you two.

Since there's nothing similar in either the style or substance of what you write, I think you two must have had similar avatars at some point.

...and somehow this is burned into my brain.

Also, you're two of the few on the forum to have a human name in your username; maybe that's part of it.

We both had the snowden avatar for a long while, so that might explain the confusion. Btw, suzi, tod(who also used to have snowden avatar), todd, damian, donnay, danno, william, brian, tim, Ron, angela etc are just a short list of member who have real names in their forum moniker.
    Last edited by juleswin; 06-03-2019 at 10:21 PM.

(bunch of guys sitting around)

Guy says (light-heartedly): "Hey, where's Bob, where's he got to?"

Other guy says: "Dunno, probably banging your wife."

(bud-dum-tish)

...that's a punch line.

Perhaps you weren't especially tickled, but don't be a bitch.

I clearly meant no offense.

I don't even know any of you people in real life; you could all be bots for all I know.
    I've never heard that one..... with the wife in the room
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Some people think just because one is an equal opportunity offender, that means its OK to make race jokes. Well its never OK, you could get your arse kicked if you pulled that shyte in my neighbourhood. And I don't think I need to explain to you why rape jokes or jokes about ones' sexuality is bad. Human decency is all you need to get it.
    Its good to be on top . I don't have to worry about other peoples neigborhoods .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There are funny things about every race/ethnicity, if you aren't excessively offensive (somewhat subjective but any child can grasp the generalities) and if you treat them all equally and don't complain when people joke about yours there shouldn't be a problem.

Making race/ethnicity a sacred cow is leftist tripe.
    Well that makes some sense since I used to be a liberal. It just offends me when people make fun of things you cannot change, race and sexuality being the big ones here. Topics like religion is one I wouldn't dare make fun of even though I think it can be funny. People on the right generally get easily offended by religious jokes and I try my best to avoid mocking those topics.

Its not just the leftists that encourage civility in comedy and that is because we all benefit from a civil environment.

Well that makes some sense since I used to be a liberal. It just offends me when people make fun of things you cannot change, race and sexuality being the big ones here. Topics like religion is one I wouldn't dare make fun of even though I think it can be funny. People on the right generally get easily offended by religious jokes and I try my best to avoid mocking those topics.

Its not just the leftists that encourage civility in comedy and that is because we all benefit from a civil environment.
    There is a line where "humor" is just disguised insults on any topic but I have heard and even smiled or laughed at Mormon jokes and even a few White guy jokes.

Civility is important and it is those that make "jokes" that cross the line that spoil it for everyone else, unfortunately taste varies and some people's taste is either too permissive so that they think it is okay for others to make truly insulting and offensive jokes about them and therefor they can do so about others and some people's taste is so thin skinned that they don't think any jokes about anything are acceptable.
    Then there are the hypocrites who can dish it out but can't take it.
    Humor is just a very complex topic that is also somewhat irrational, even Freud said it was something he couldn't understand. (That was actually a joke in itself since "freud" means "humor" and he was therefor saying he couldn't understand himself)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There is a line where "humor" is just disguised insults on any topic but I have heard and even smiled or laughed at Mormon jokes and even a few White guy jokes.

The South Park episode "All About Mormons" wasn't that great when it came to trying to encapsulate LDS doctrine, but the Mormon family was hilarious..

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

The South Park episode "All About Mormons" wasn't that great when it came to trying to encapsulate LDS doctrine, but the Mormon family was hilarious..

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast