Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump: Ron Paul has some serious ideas which deserve serious consideration

Trump: Ron Paul has some serious ideas which deserve serious consideration

There is a tweet by Donald Trump where is also praises Ron Paul's issues.
    Aug 23 2011.
    @RonPaul has some serious ideas which deserve serious consideration. Wrong for media to ignore him.
    Any thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump learned about non-interventionism from Ron Paul.

Ron Paul did a mistake by snubbing Trump. In some respect Ron Paul, Dr No., is a purist who can't compromise.
    Rand Paul should be helping Trump. I watch Rand become Establishment with alarm. I remember forumers here saying Rand had to become one of them to be accepted. LOL. Anyways Rand Paul must mature and get more confidence. He must exudes confidence like Trump and avoid cuck comments like Jeb Bush, "My Mother is a Strong Woman".. LOOOOOL

Trump didn't get where he is without listening. I think he is looking for new and different ideas, and who is more different than Ron Paul?

Trump has not yet distilled his political platform down to a concise message, but if he continues to listen to people like Ron Paul, he will have something more people can support.

Hawks are a shrinking subset of the political landscape. I think the corruption and expense are beginning to wear on people. Americans, in general, are really tired of war. The VietNam generation is moving into its senior years, and they are the ones who have been disenfranchised by the system. I think Ron Paul's noninterventionist diplomatic mindset is finding a home. In my opinion, this is going to play a bigger role in this election than anything else.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Maybe Trump is a stealth libertarian just playing politics game to win and then surprise everyone with freedom?

Like Rand Paul but better at it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Now, see? This is why it's harmful to let people start new threads every time Trump opens his mouth. This question has been asked and answered in other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    It's too bad we know that this entire campaign has been scorched earth to stamp out the liberty campaign. They will think it was against them though, they will delude themselves into falling for the trap.
    What better way to discredit Ron Paul and all of us than to have the biggest, most ridiculous Establishment Clown in recent memory speak out on our behalf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What better way to discredit Ron Paul and all of us than to have the biggest, most ridiculous Establishment Clown in recent memory speak out on our behalf?
    I fail to see how Trump saying the following, in any way, discredits Ron Paul. Because it doesn't.

@RonPaul has some serious ideas which deserve serious consideration. Wrong for media to ignore him.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I can agree with Trump on this. Yep, Ron Paul sure does....

Ron Paul calls Donald Trump a ‘dangerous’ authoritarian: ‘The opposite of a Libertarian’
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Libertarian%92

Ron Paul: “I think Trump is an authoritarian...”
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...horitarian-%94

Ron Paul: Donald Trump "a dangerous person."
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...amp-Dem/page16

Ron Paul: Trump "the establishment candidate", "fraud."
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...uot-fraud-quot
    Last edited by phill4paul; 05-02-2016 at 12:17 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I fail to see how Trump saying the following, in any way, discredits Ron Paul. Because it doesn't.
    Well, trying to link us with a guy who over the past 15 years has endorsed every Liberal ideal from gun control to abortion to Obamacare.

Someone who loves the police state industrial complex and isnt a conservative let alone a Libertarian, unless of-course we believe that he's reversed all of his previous stances while coincidentally preparing to run for the GOP nomination.

Well, not all of his "previous" stances.

Donald Trump is remaining firm on a sticking point for many Republican voters — government-funded health care for all.

GOP debate: Donald Trump defends Planned Parenthood a second time.

Trump is already considering appointments.

Put in writing that he'll appoint Ron or Rand as the Secretary of the Treasury or Defense, even the Attorney General and I'll consider voting for him.
    Last edited by unknown; 05-02-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

You understood as late as just last year how an unsolicited endorsement from a polarizing figure could be used to discredit the endorsee...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    This strikes me as the same guilt by association that people attempted to use against Ron Paul in 2007. Not cool.
    Yup.

+rep for mentioning it.
    What happened in the last year to cause you to forget that simple concept? Senility? Or is this just part of your attempt to reinvent the world into one where Trump is not a polarizing figure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Considering that Ron Paul has been slamming Trump, by name even, which is really really out of character, I think this is pretty cool.

I would much sooner have expected to Trump saying something nasty back just because that's his nature.

But I am still not voting for him.
    Last edited by angelatc; 05-02-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Considering that Ron Paul has been slamming Trump, by name even, which is really really out of character, I think this is pretty cool.

I would much sooner have expected to Trump saying something nasty back just because that's his nature.

But I am still note voting for him.
    The comment was made in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Aug 23 2011.

Any thoughts?
    Good to see an alternate storyline to the one posted on this site over and over by some as a mantra to be believed.

The discredit comes from the person saying the things its like when George Bush campaigned against nation building and for less foreign intervention. This neo liberty movement is being spearheaded by a devout Clinton supporter, who is running a platform he designed off of the 2012 GOP post mortem. Trump is going to be to the liberty movement, what Bush did to Conservatives.

Trump has never claimed to be a libertarian, so that is doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Trump has never claimed to be a libertarian, so that is doubtful.
    He doesn't have to, that's what his acolytes are for the msm is the worse though,
    the media was the first person to spin Ron Paul supporters were going to Trump.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    What was Dr. Paul's retort, "I've won/been elected 13 different times".

Orange tan, orange hair, crying about the delegate process instead of working within the system, constant name calling and personal attacks, authoritarian to the core, complete lack of understanding of the most basic issues yet he's calling Dr. Paul "clown like".

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    What was Dr. Paul's retort, "I've won/been elected 13 different times".

Orange tan, orange hair, crying about the delegate process instead of working within the system, constant name calling and personal attacks, authoritarian to the core, complete lack of understanding of the most basic issues yet he's calling Dr. Paul "clown like".

I don't know how you can claim Trump is like Ron when you watch his description of him in this video.

Does that count as a pander?

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    I don't know how you can claim Trump is like Ron when you watch his description of him in this video.
    Trump like Dr. Paul? Not me.

Trump isnt worthy of standing in Dr. Paul's shadow.
    Last edited by unknown; 05-02-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Sorry, dupe.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Trump like Dr. Paul? Not me.

Trump isnt worthy of standing in Dr. Paul's shadow.
    Even if he brings cash?

= pandering to poach liberty movement voters

Trump has nothing in common in Ron or any of the ideas he stood for.

And Ron has nothing but contempt for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The discredit comes from the person saying the things its like when George Bush campaigned against nation building and for less foreign intervention. This neo liberty movement is being spearheaded by a devout Clinton supporter, who is running a platform he designed off of the 2012 GOP post mortem. Trump is going to be to the liberty movement, what Bush did to Conservatives.
    Trump isn't claiming to be like Ron Paul; nor has he ever claimed to be a part of the liberty movement. However, to the extent that he wants to do something that is also a platform of the liberty movement, such as auditing the FED, it is not logical for this not to be embraced.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    watched the above TY clips; RP has the most class! Maybe the world was not ready for Liberty then?

I also enjoyed the 80 second comment starting at 1:20 ... How things have changed in just a few years:

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Aug 23 2011.

Any thoughts?
    This was probably after one of the early debates he watched, my guess is he made comments about entangling alliances and fighting foreign wars wasting blood and treasure to try to convert cultures, how instead we should be focusing our efforts at home in America and bring down the debt.
    Trump hears that and thinks it's pretty logical and agrees. Now some of that is in his foreign policy.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Even if he brings cash?
    I don't care if he brings his daughter, the answer is still the same.
    "The Patriarch"

Trump isn't claiming to be like Ron Paul; nor has he ever claimed to be a part of the liberty movement. However, to the extent that he wants to do something that is also a platform of the liberty movement, such as auditing the FED, it is not logical for this not to be embraced.
    He rarely seems to talk about it nonetheless.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Bernie wants to audit the FED too. In fact, he actually VOTED to do it. Just because someone supports 1 issue that we support it doesn't mean we should go slurping their nuts like you do for Trump.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast