Thread: HOA help

HOA help

It's difficult to find a good neighborhood in Atlanta that isn't part of a HOA... The one I moved into however had very lax covenants that were home owner friendly and for the most part the board has left us alone.

Recdnt, a new technology has taken hold in our neighborhood called "Nextdoor"... Think of it as Facebook for neighborhoods.

We've recently had a rash of car break-ins and the outcry for the HOA to install surveillance cameras is deafening on this nextdoor site... I'm concerned that the board might cave and do it... So far, not a single dissenting voice.

Would like some help to try and craft a response to these morons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're so inexpensive now. People would better off installing and maintaining their own systems.

Hoodies defeat cameras. Serious thieves know about cameras and disguise their identity.

Are the police really going to be able to efficiently pursue a case against an unknown hoodie wearing person?
    Cameras don't seem to work in our area.

Search for videos/pics showing hoodie wearing thieves, and present those videos as evidence.

Better ideas:
    Well lit areas.
    Car alarms.
    Talking to and knowing my neighbors.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 08-31-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Buy fake cameras instead. Most video security systems break anyway after a few months of usage.

Move out to the country and commute if needed. $#@! an HOA.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yeah, it's easier to commute 2 hours each way!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Yeah, it's easier to commute 2 hours each way!
    It is when 1hr 40mins is usually eaten up by in city commuting traffic. Have you ever lived in Atlanta?

I'm not in the city proper, fairly far out in the metro counties, hoa's abound... Would have to move up to the mountains to get away from them.

I knew what I was getting into and read the covenants carefully before purchasing. I've gone to battle with a HOA before and know how to mobilize a bunch of pissed off homeowners.

This is a bit different... The homeowners are crying for surveillance, bunch of damn pansies and/or freeloaders. Go buy your own damn cameras.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Hoodies defeat cameras. Serious thieves know about cameras and disguise their identity.

Are the police really going to be able to efficiently pursue a case against an unknown hoodie wearing person?
    Cameras don't seem to work in our area.

Search for videos/pics showing hoodie wearing thieves, and present those videos as evidence.

Better ideas:
    Well lit areas.
    Car alarms.
    Talking to and knowing my neighbors.
    Dogs.

I'm 'commuting' 120 miles one way on this stair job I'm on now...

If it wasn't cool I'd have left it alone, gated communities and their inhabitants aren't my cup-o-tea but I sure do like their wallets...

Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    I'm not in the city proper, fairly far out in the metro counties, hoa's abound... Would have to move up to the mountains to get away from them.

I knew what I was getting into and read the covenants carefully before purchasing. I've gone to battle with a HOA before and know how to mobilize a bunch of pissed off homeowners.

This is a bit different... The homeowners are crying for surveillance, bunch of damn pansies and/or freeloaders. Go buy your own damn cameras.
    Take your pick. Stay and bitch in the face of overwhelming whelps or move. I really don't know any other advise to give you than this.

Thousands of agencies across the U.S. are partnering with Nextdoor.

Emergency preparedness • Community engagement • Crime prevention • Community policing

https://nextdoor.com/agencies/

A private environment designed just for you and your neighbors.
    https://nextdoor.com/

The easiest way to keep up with everything in your neighborhood.
    https://nextdoor.com/

So. To review, concerned neighbors, a camera placed on your property by rule with a network link by design, so they can see what is going on at the ol DGambler homestead any time they feel like it, and partnered with men with guns from government agencies.

What could go wrong? lolol.

FFS 1984 was not supposed to be an instruction manual.

Target practice?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Dogs.
    Yep. IMO, best multi-tool around. How does the HOA feel about dogs I wonder..
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Wow, didn't know nextdoor was "partnered" with government agencies... Bet if I bring that up, I'll be shouted down... Anyone want to take that bet?
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Yep. IMO, best multi-tool around. How does the HOA feel about dogs I wonder..
    Dogs are cool, people get pissy when they poop on the sidewalk.
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    It's difficult to find a good neighborhood in Atlanta that isn't part of a HOA... The one I moved into however had very lax covenants that were home owner friendly and for the most part the board has left us alone.

Recdnt, a new technology has taken hold in our neighborhood called "Nextdoor"... Think of it as Facebook for neighborhoods.

We've recently had a rash of car break-ins and the outcry for the HOA to install surveillance cameras is deafening on this nextdoor site... I'm concerned that the board might cave and do it... So far, not a single dissenting voice.

Would like some help to try and craft a response to these morons.
    I don't see the problem with surveillance cameras. It's a private concern. Not the Feds. But I like angelatc's suggestion for simply buying your own.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Dogs.
    I believe there are HOA's that prohibit dogs and/or pets.