Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RPF member CCTelander needs some positive thoughts/prayers/positivity

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Sending some good vibes to your wife

Thanks man. We appreciate it.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I really can't imagine, reading that almost makes me ill too. She has my prayers, I know you will do all you can to take care of her. Don't know what else to say.

Thank you. She did very well the lst time, and with the lung cancer 5 years ago, so we believe her chances are good. It's still tough tho.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    That's where things stand atm. Thanks to all for your prayers and well wishes. Just typing this $#@! up makes me ill.
    Well, don't do it anymore then.

Just know we're all pulling for both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well, don't do it anymore then.

Just know we're all pulling for both of you.

Thanks brother. That means a lot.
    Chris

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have a consult with Patty's oncologist tomorrow. She wants to go over any potential alternatives or experimental treatments that may be available. I'm pretty sure he wont have much in that vein to offer, but we'll see.
    Chris

We have a consult with Patty's oncologist tomorrow. She wants to go over any potential alternatives or experimental treatments that may be available. I'm pretty sure he wont have much in that vein to offer, but we'll see.
    Second and even third opinions are always worthwhile in situation like this.

I hope you were able to find a little respite and peace over Christmas.

Second and even third opinions are always worthwhile in situation like this.

I hope you were able to find a little respite and peace over Christmas.
    Thanks man.

So far so good. She's home for the holidays and hasn't gotten any worse. In fact, she actually seems better in that she hasn't been having the headaches since we got the news. Taking it one day at a time.
    Chris

Thanks man.

So far so good. She's home for the holidays and hasn't gotten any worse. In fact, she actually seems better in that she hasn't been having the headaches since we got the news. Taking it one day at a time.
    We're all still here pulling for her and for you.

Thanks man.

Love & Prayers sent,my friend. Know we all love you.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    We're all still here pulling for her and for you.

We appreciate that and will take all of it we can get. Thanks.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Love & Prayers sent,my friend. Know we all love you.

Thank you, brother. It means a lot.
    Chris

Thanks man.

Good to hear.
    Hopefully the news will only get better.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Good to hear.
    Hopefully the news will only get better.

Thanks man.
    Chris

Thanks for the update I was thinking about you guys over Christmas
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Thanks for the update I was thinking about you guys over Christmas

Thank you.
    Chris

Well, I've been busy with family stuff and preperations over the last few days, so I haven't been around here except for a minute or two here and there.

We got a little bit of good news late last week during our consult with Patty's oncologist. It turns out that the info we got from the surgeon at the hospital before she checked out was either exagerated or we misunderstood what he was saying. I was there and am sure he said the tumor mass was much bigger than before, therefore growing, but I can't rule out the possibility that in my concerned state I misunderstood.

In any event, it turns out that the actual mass is only slightly larger than before if larger at all. The cyst is the biggest part of the overall size of things. We're also given to a nderstand that, since there's very little growth, if any at all, of the actual tumor, that it's very possible that that part of it is not malignant at all, and may just be necrotic tissue left over from the radiation treatments. So, things may be much more positive than they at first seemed.

She still has to get through the surgery, and the possible serious complications from that, but she came through that once before so we're doing our best to remain positive. As long as the biopsy after surgery brings good news, this may be much less bleak than it seemed.

Sorry if that isn't as clear as it could be. Doing this in a hurry on my phone.

Thanks afain to all for your positive thoughts, well wishes and prayers.
    Chris

I recently read an article where a jazz musician played his guitar during a brain tumor surgery and it brought thoughts of you and Patty. I really had no idea how far we as humans have come with this type of surgery. So this gives me great hope. Continued prayers in this New Year. With Grace, hopefully, by 2020 this will be behind the two of you.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I recently read an article where a jazz musician played his guitar during a brain tumor surgery and it brought thoughts of you and Patty. I really had no idea how far we as humans have come with this type of surgery. So this gives me great hope. Continued prayers in this New Year. With Grace, hopefully, by 2020 this will be behind the two of you.

Thanks, brother. We really do appreciate it.
    Chris

Well, I've been busy with family stuff and preperations over the last few days, so I haven't been around here except for a minute or two here and there.

We got a little bit of good news late last week during our consult with Patty's oncologist. It turns out that the info we got from the surgeon at the hospital before she checked out was either exagerated or we misunderstood what he was saying. I was there and am sure he said the tumor mass was much bigger than before, therefore growing, but I can't rule out the possibility that in my concerned state I misunderstood.

In any event, it turns out that the actual mass is only slightly larger than before if larger at all. The cyst is the biggest part of the overall size of things. We're also given to a nderstand that, since there's very little growth, if any at all, of the actual tumor, that it's very possible that that part of it is not malignant at all, and may just be necrotic tissue left over from the radiation treatments. So, things may be much more positive than they at first seemed.

She still has to get through the surgery, and the possible serious complications from that, but she came through that once before so we're doing our best to remain positive. As long as the biopsy after surgery brings good news, this may be much less bleak than it seemed.

That is certainly good news, happy new year!

That is certainly good news, happy new year!

Thanks, brother. Looking much happier than it did a week ago, so there's that.
    Chris

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Good, may the news only get better.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Prayers still coming you way. May Patty be healed and you celebrate another 35 years together.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Prayers for your wife and family @CCTelander.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Good, may the news only get better.

Thank you.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Prayers still coming you way. May Patty be healed and you celebrate another 35 years together.

Thanks so much. 35 more years would put us at 75 years together. Sounds good to me.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    Prayers for your wife and family @CCTelander.

Thanks. We appreciate it.
    Chris

I am very glad to hear this. It definitely makes my New Year Happy. I hope there is more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I am very glad to hear this. It definitely makes my New Year Happy. I hope there is more to come.

Thanks so much, brother. Here's hoping this is a portent of a much better year to come.
    Chris

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heading out for hospital to check Patty in.
    Chris

Heading out for hospital to check Patty in.
    Keeping everything I have two of crossed for Patty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast