Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CSPAN Live right now (link) Feinstein announcing firearms ban legislation...!

we are all terr-or-us now

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Schumer saying that the original assault ban did much to curb crime. No studies have shown this. Schumer saying they don't want to take away your hunting rifles. Stating Heller decision allows limitations on Bill of Rights.

ETA: The police are OUTGUNNED! lololol
    I can only speak for my family, but before the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, no one in our house had a black rifle/"modern sporting rifle"/assault rifle. Because, well, we lived in about the most common rural/town neighborhood where you leave the doors unlocked at night, and don't even think about it. In fact if you talk to an Outdoor Goods/Hunting store, many of them maybe had one or two black rifles, probably in the corner, that no one wanted. Then all of a sudden, Bill Clinton and friends decided to tell us what we could and could not have.

**That was the impetus for so many of these going into circulation, in my opinion.** Once the ban hit the sunset provision in 2004, it was game-on to buy them up.

If anyone should be "blamed" for the proliferation of these black rifles, it's really the Democrats. Now, people buy them not because they live in a neighborhood where you definitely need a 30rd mag-supporting rifle to survive, but simply because you don't TELL US WHAT WE CAN AND CANNOT HAVE TO DEFEND OURSELVES.

The part of the whole debate that kills me, is that it is pure politics. Their legislation solves nothing. Cho Seung Yui, Adam Lanza, Holmes, --- they'd all still what they're going to do, regardless of weather the legislation is in place. And frankly, mass shootings are so rare, that if the goal is to prevent deaths in this country by acts of malice, they aren't even going after the biggest sources.

Just stupidity; an absence of not just reason, but of American tradition.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    President of Police Chiefs association, Charles Ramsey: Oh noes!.. the firepower on the streets our officers have to face everyday.

Showing a display of defense weapons used in cherry picked crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    If you were the Sinaloa cartel, you could.
    Do they have DEA shipping?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

How many times has "this is just the start" been said. This crap is going to get real.

If you shoot something with something like that (.223 cal) there will be nothing left to eat!

LOL!

OH ICK - that ugly thing again! VOMIT!!!!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I can only speak for my family, but before the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, no one in our house had a black rifle/"modern sporting rifle"/assault rifle. Because, well, we lived in about the most common rural/town neighborhood where you leave the doors unlocked at night, and don't even think about it. In fact if you talk to an Outdoor Goods/Hunting store, many of them maybe had one or two black rifles, probably in the corner, that no one wanted. Then all of a sudden, Bill Clinton and friends decided to tell us what we could and could not have.

**That was the impetus for so many of these going into circulation, in my opinion.** Once the ban hit the sunset provision in 2004, it was game-on to buy them up.

If anyone should be "blamed" for the proliferation of these black rifles, it's really the Democrats. Now, people buy them not because they live in a neighborhood where you definitely need a 30rd mag-supporting rifle to survive, but simply because you don't TELL US WHAT WE CAN AND CANNOT HAVE TO DEFEND OURSELVES.

The part of the whole debate that kills me, is that it is pure politics. Their legislation solves nothing. Cho Seung Yui, Adam Lanza, Holmes, --- they'd all still what they're going to do, regardless of weather the legislation is in place. And frankly, mass shootings are so rare, that if the goal is to prevent deaths in this country by acts of malice, they aren't even going after the biggest sources.

Just stupidity; an absence of not just reason, but of American tradition.
    This aspect should definitely not be discounted.

More victims. More emotional appeal.

Feinstein: Guns designed for military use. How many semi-auto rifles did the military buy last year?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Feinstein: Guns designed for military use. How many semi-auto rifles did the military buy last year?
    In fairness the Homeland security etal bought millions of rounds to cut off supply to the people.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, that was a nice little gun grabbing circle jerk.

I really hope she doesn't live through the night

What a TRAITOR!!!!

-t

It's amazing listening to them bray about doing this "for the children." Very sad; very sad that such dangerous people hold such great power in this country. I think Sen. Feinstein said that since the ban was lifted in 2004, 350 people have perished from "assault rifles" in the USA? That few???? We're going to infringe on the rights of 300 million people for that? I know it's insensitive, but based on the raw numbers, this has NOTHING to do with public safety, and everything to do with a power grab.
    Ya. Sorta like how England banned assault rifles because of a school shooting tragedy, and then a few years later got an *even worse* school shooting with handguns.

They then banned handguns. (Where this is all headed obviously)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

tangent,

Don't say that stuff here. We are a non-violent group. The last thing we need is something happening and the new quoting stuff from here or any other liberty site.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    In fairness the Homeland security etal bought millions of rounds to cut off supply to the people.
    HAY - AND DON'T FORGET - i BELIEVE THAY IS AT LEAST 5.5 ROUNDS IN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US!!!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Ya. Sorta like how England banned assault rifles because of a school shooting tragedy, and then a few years later got an *even worse* school shooting with handguns.

They then banned handguns. (Where this is all headed obviously)
    Wait till they ban hammers! - and then rocks!... OH WAIT!!!!

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 01-24-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    HAY - AND DON'T FORGET - i BELIEVE THAY IS AT LEAST 5.5 ROUNDS IN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US!!!

-t
    Well, 5.5 per person that more lead then what most of the surviors had so I'd assume we'll all be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    tangent,

Don't say that stuff here. We are a non-violent group. The last thing we need is something happening and the new quoting stuff from here or any other liberty site.
    Wasn't suggesting someone here or anywhere off her. Just praying for a bolt of lightning or an unexpected impact with a semi for that treasonous BITCH!

-t

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Wasn't suggesting someone here or anywhere off her. Just praying for a bolt of lightning or an unexpected impact with a semi for that treasonous BITCH!

-t
    Now that is perfectly acceptable. If you've got a God, now would be a time to call in a favor!!!!

How long has this bill been ready? Is this something she's had in her desk, just waiting for the right time, or is it actually something new they threw together in the last month?
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    How long has this bill been ready? Is this something she's had in her desk, just waiting for the right time, or is it actually something new they threw together in the last month?
    She's probably had this bill on hand for 79 years, just waiting for the opportunity
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    The skeleton of this bill was the 1994 assault weapons ban. They just put it on steroids and waited for a 'crisis' moment.

She's probably had this bill on hand for 79 years, just waiting for the opportunity
    Wasn't her husband killed by gun violence? I'm not really sure if I'm confusing her with another gun grabber or not. Their tones are all eerily alike.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I'm laughing. This will never pass the house in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    This? Or Hurricane Sandy relief? Because I seem to recall hearing the same thing about both.

They set up a fan and dumped a lot of really wet fecal matter in front of it. There were what, 20-30 pieces that stuck to the wall? I think we are going to loose some rights, but won't have a full AW ban.

background checks - probably.

mag capacity - maybe.

don't know beyond that, but I think that is as far as they will get.

Maybe some mental health stuff - that will be a trojan for excluding all but the blessed. That's the one to be scared of!

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 01-24-2013 at 12:06 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's only a handful of votes in the house that can't be bought. Always remember that...
    - Kim Kardashian

It's amazing listening to them bray about doing this "for the children." Very sad; very sad that such dangerous people hold such great power in this country. I think Sen. Feinstein said that since the ban was lifted in 2004, 350 people have perished from "assault rifles" in the USA? That few???? We're going to infringe on the rights of 300 million people for that? I know it's insensitive, but based on the raw numbers, this has NOTHING to do with public safety, and everything to do with a power grab.
    Insensitive? How so? Is it ever insensitive to shine the light of truth and reason on such issues?

Resist the Kool-Aid pal - the forces of the Kool-Aid Brigade are great.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    This? Or Hurricane Sandy relief? Because I seem to recall hearing the same thing about both.
    Nobody really objects to handing out money because it is just another little squirt in a waterfall of spending (not that it isn't ruining the country). But gun owners get PISSED and throw people out of office. It has happened before and it is going to be even worse this time because the internet is allowing faster and better organizing.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

There's only a handful of votes in the house that can't be bought. Always remember that...
    But who is going to pay for it? There is no money in banning guns. If anything, the money is on the other side. I would be the last to say that these bills will be defeated by patriotic representatives defending the Constitution. On the contrary, they will be defeated by representatives who are afraid of losing their phony balony jobs. Help them to cultivate that fear.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast