Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This man is about to launch himself in his homemade rocket to prove the Earth is flat

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    So Earth is flat but none of the other minimally bacterial life supporting planets like Mars are flat?
    Eh? The gods aren't flat.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Natural selection at work

A true hero of the counter-devolution

Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 11-23-2017 at 11:12 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    So Earth is flat but none of the other minimally bacterial life supporting planets like Mars are flat?
    Flat earth theory is more like The Matrix.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Hughes was originally planning to conduct his experiment over Amboy, a ghost town situated along Route 66 in California, that has a population of 4. However, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) reportedly informed him that he cannot launch his scrap metal rocket on public land.

According to Hughes, the federal agency told him his experiment was a no-go, but Samantha Storms, BLM spokeswoman, said she was unaware of any communication between the self-taught rocket scientist and the agency.

"Someone from our local office reached out to him after seeing some of these news articles [about the launch], because that was news to them," Storms told The Washington Post.

“It's still happening. We're just moving it three miles down the road,” Hughes said. “This is what happens anytime you have to deal with any kind of government agency.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-hopes...230622888.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't know why anyone would think that it would be permissible to anything on 'gubmint controlled anything.

Unless fees are paid through the usual "representatives".

It is surprising that this hasn't come up before the day of the launch. Although 'gubmint loves to be a dramatic spoiler.

Flat earthers are very focused . George Washington was a Mason , so the earth is flat . LOL , love the logic there .

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Hughes was originally planning to conduct his experiment over Amboy, a ghost town situated along Route 66 in California, that has a population of 4. However, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) reportedly informed him that he cannot launch his scrap metal rocket on public land.

According to Hughes, the federal agency told him his experiment was a no-go, but Samantha Storms, BLM spokeswoman, said she was unaware of any communication between the self-taught rocket scientist and the agency.

"Someone from our local office reached out to him after seeing some of these news articles [about the launch], because that was news to them," Storms told The Washington Post.

“It's still happening. We're just moving it three miles down the road,” Hughes said. “This is what happens anytime you have to deal with any kind of government agency.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-hopes...230622888.html
    The government might actually save this mans life and in the process destroy his dream.
    "I am a bird"

In November of 2017, Hughes announced a plan to ride his home-made rocket into the sky with the ultimate goal of proving that the Earth is flat. His first launch never got off the ground due to government regulations, but on Friday, he announced that he's going to try again, sometime around February 3.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-hopes-...213624305.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In the video, Hughes also mentioned his plans to run for governor of California.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In the video, Hughes also mentioned his plans to run for governor of California.
    He'd probably win.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once CalExit is complete they can have a space program .

"Mad" Mike Hughes first hijacked headlines in November by announcing his plan to launch himself in a homemade rocket to prove that the Earth is flat. He rescheduled his stunt to this Saturday, but the rocket never took off.It turns out that unlike things that aren't exactly rocket science, actually launching a rocket can be, well, challenging. In a video statement filmed right after the launch was scrapped, Hughes says there was a problem with an actuator that prevented the rocket from igniting. "I hate to disappoint everybody," Hughes added. "I'm ready."

"I don't know how much more I can man up, okay?," Hughes said about his failure. Hughes said he would have liked to try again, but might not be able to because of needing to prepare for court appearances on Tuesday. He is suing a host of California government officials, saying "I'm gonna have them in prison by the end of the year."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/flat-eart...145755231.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Mad" Mike Hughes first hijacked headlines in November by announcing his plan to launch himself in a homemade rocket to prove that the Earth is flat. He rescheduled his stunt to this Saturday, but the rocket never took off.It turns out that unlike things that aren't exactly rocket science, actually launching a rocket can be, well, challenging. In a video statement filmed right after the launch was scrapped, Hughes says there was a problem with an actuator that prevented the rocket from igniting. "I hate to disappoint everybody," Hughes added. "I'm ready."

"I don't know how much more I can man up, okay?," Hughes said about his failure. Hughes said he would have liked to try again, but might not be able to because of needing to prepare for court appearances on Tuesday. He is suing a host of California government officials, saying "I'm gonna have them in prison by the end of the year."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/flat-eart...145755231.html
    Lol, this is great stuff.
    "The Patriarch"

He should just build a really tall step ladder...

Or one of these:

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Or one of these:

"racist post"- Sparebulb

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Lol, this is great stuff.
    "I don't know how much more I can man up, okay?,"
    Light the damn fuse.. Blow your ass across the whole flat earth,, idiot.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    The government might actually save this mans life and in the process destroy his dream.
    What is life without dreams?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    y'all just made me think of this song...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

"racist post"- Sparebulb
    Due to the serious nature of the allegation, the burden falls on you to explain, in detail, just how your posting is not racist.

In all fairness, it is far better to be a racist than those other two things you claim to love, Zippy.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 02-06-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Due to the serious nature of the allegation, the burden falls on you to explain, in detail, just how your posting is not racist.

In all fairness, it is far better to be a racist than those other two things you claim to love, Zippy.
    The burden of proving it is racist is on the person claiming it is racist. What is racist about it?

I happen to think it is balloonist.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-07-2018 at 05:59 PM.

The burden of proving it is racist is on the person claiming it is racist. What is racist about it?
    Your post is so clearly racist that it shocks the conscience to point out the obvious racist connotations.

Why did you post it, Zippy?

Is that the same as "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. "?
    "The Patriarch"

//
    RPFs says you quoted me in this post. Weird.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    RPFs says you quoted me in this post. Weird.
    Rpf's is just trying to stir up trouble.

Naw, I did quote you because your video didn't show but then I scrolled down and there it was.
    "The Patriarch"

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rpf's is just trying to stir up trouble.

Naw, I did quote you because your video didn't show but then I scrolled down and there it was.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Origanalist again.
    :/ Well, hope ya liked the Sinatra. ~hugs~

He did it!

LOS ANGELES (AP) — He finally went up — just like the self-taught rocket scientist always pledged he would.

He came back down in one piece, too — a little dinged up and his steam-powered vessel a little cracked up.

Still, mission accomplished for a guy more daredevil than engineer, who drew more comparisons to the cartoon character Wile E. Coyote from his critics than he did to iconic stunt man Evel Knievel.

"Mad" Mike Hughes, the rocket man who believes the Earth is flat, propelled himself about 1,875 feet into the air Saturday before a hard landing in the Mojave Desert. He told The Associated Press that outside of an aching back he's fine after the launch near Amboy, California.

"Relieved," he said after being checked out by paramedics. "I'm tired of people saying I chickened out and didn't build a rocket. I'm tired of that stuff. I manned up and did it."

The launch in the desert town — about 200 miles (321.85 kilometers) east of Los Angeles — was originally scheduled in November. It was scrubbed several times due to logistical issues with the Bureau of Land Management and mechanical problems that kept popping up.

The 61-year-old limo driver converted a mobile home into a ramp and modified it to launch from a vertical angle so he wouldn't fall back to the ground on public land. For months he's been working on overhauling his rocket in his garage.

It looked like Saturday might be another in a string of cancellations, given that the wind was blowing and his rocket was losing steam. Ideally, they wanted it at 350 psi for maximum thrust, but it was dropping to 340.

"I told Mike we could try to keep charging it up and get it hotter," said Waldo Stakes, who's been helping Hughes with his endeavor. "He said, 'No.'"

Sometime after 3 p.m. PDT, and without a countdown, Hughes' rocket soared into the sky.

Hughes reached a speed that Stakes estimated to be around 350 mph before pulling his parachute. Hughes was dropping too fast, though, and he had to deploy a second one. He landed with a thud and the rocket's nose broke in two places like it was designed to do.
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/nationa...a4300627d.html

"This thing wants to kill you 10 different ways," said Hughes, who had an altimeter in his cockpit to measure his altitude. "This thing will kill you in a heartbeat.

"Am I glad I did it? Yeah. I guess. I'll feel it in the morning. I won't be able to get out of bed. At least I can go home and have dinner and see my cats tonight."

"Am I glad I did it? Yeah. I guess. I'll feel it in the morning. I won't be able to get out of bed. At least I can go home and have dinner and see my cats tonight."
    LOL - Transgender Cat Lady?

Well, anyways, good for him...glad he was able to pull it off and thumb his nose at Big Mother at the same time, even if his theory is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL - Transgender Cat Lady?

Well, anyways, good for him...glad he was able to pull it off and thumb his nose at Big Mother at the same time, even if his theory is nuts.
    Had to be a fun ride.. and he proved again that Gravity Sucks.

Would have been too cool to meet TIANGONG 1 coming down as he went up..

Surprise !
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast