Thread: Trump calls on supporters to 'rise up' against vaccine mandates

Trump calls on supporters to 'rise up' against vaccine mandates

President Donald Trump called on his supporters to "rise up" against possible vaccine mandates for "school-aged children" on the eve of the first anniversary of the January 6 insurrection led by his supporters.

"Now, there's talk by the Biden Administration again about closing schools and even vaccine mandates for school children," Trump said in a statement released by his Save America PAC. "This is an outrage, and MAGA nation should rise up and oppose this egregious federal government overreach."

Trump's statement pointed to news reports that the Detroit Public Schools Community District could impose a COVID-19 vaccine requirement for all students before the start of the next school year. The district, Michigan's largest, currently has a vaccine mandate for staff that will go into effect next month, local station WXYZ reports. Superintendent Nikolai Vitti told the station the mandate could be extended to students if it passes a legal review.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-calls-supp ... 18656.html

Trump's statement: https://t.me/TheStormHasArrived17/7348
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The difference between Trump and Gandhi is one of them was big enough and human enough to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Just shut up and disappear Trump. Nobody believes you. And paying your used-car-salesman trolls to peddle this crap on message boards won't change that.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

And I call on Trump to stop promoting the vaccine/booster and instead promote therapeutics and healthy lifestyle choices 24/7 for the whole year like he should have done last year. Something tells me he won't listen to that advice.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Trump put his finger to the wind at his last rally. Trump’s rallies serve as his own, personal, honest Frank Luntz. He can instantly see what is popular, and what is not.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

He has his own uprising to deal with.

Ex-Trumpers set to plot how to try and take down Trump
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...k-trump-526623
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He has his own uprising to deal with.

Ex-Trumpers set to plot how to try and take down Trump
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...k-trump-526623
    To be honest, that's more likely to help Trump than hurt him.

I go up to a person who is on the fence about Trump and tell them that there are some people who are working behind the scenes to undermine his attempts to run again, do you reckon that's gonna dissuade Trump supporters, or embolden them?

I mean, I myself quit reading when the article went off about Jan 6. Maybe we can get some people to make reasonable arguments against Trump who aren't subscribing to the liberal narrative? They literally couldn't wait beyond the 2nd paragraph to make sure that got mentioned. "Violence and rhetoric." Blah blah blah. They really want this guy to be remembered as the great Satan. Truth is, most sane people don't really care about what happened on Jan 6 outside of the most insulated liberal bubbles, who think it was the worst attack on our capitol in history (nevermind when D.C. burned during the War of 1812).

If Kaleigh McEnany came out critical of Trump, people would listen. But a bunch of what's-their-faces? probably not.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-06-2022 at 12:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Shut up you two faced piece of crap. Just weeks ago you were pushing everyone to get the wonderfax you personally invented.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    To be honest, that's more likely to help Trump than hurt him.

I go up to a person who is on the fence about Trump and tell them that there are some people who are working behind the scenes to undermine his attempts to run again, do you reckon that's gonna dissuade Trump supporters, or embolden them?

I mean, I myself quit reading when the article went off about Jan 6. Maybe we can get some people to make reasonable arguments against Trump who aren't subscribing to the liberal narrative? They literally couldn't wait beyond the 2nd paragraph to make sure that got mentioned. "Violence and rhetoric." Blah blah blah. They really want this guy to be remembered as the great Satan. Truth is, most sane people don't really care about what happened on Jan 6 outside of the most insulated liberal bubbles, who think it was the worst attack on our capitol in history (nevermind when D.C. burned during the War of 1812).

If Kaleigh McEnany came out critical of Trump, people would listen. But a bunch of what's-their-faces? probably not.
    Sounds like the swamp is trying to take down the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Shut up you two faced piece of crap. Just weeks ago you were pushing everyone to get the wonderfax you personally invented.
    He is talking to people that believe everything he says at the moment that have complete memory loss of anything contradictory. It has always worked for him in the past and they donate, so probably no different now.

I see this with his supporters, you can't say anything about Trump including any contradictions. They completely shutdown and get enraged, then go right into Biden this Biden that, CNN, as if you say anything about Trump automatically you are a radical leftist Biden loving supporter and CNN watcher.

The social engineering that gets people into this team and candidate support mode despite any contradictions is kind of like being in the twilight zone witnessing it.

The thing is we are all at one time or another susceptible to this social engineering without even realizing it.
    Last edited by kahless; 01-06-2022 at 01:12 PM.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Sounds like the swamp is trying to take down the swamp.
    That may be.

But Q) you know what the swamp is NOT going to do? A) Speak critically of the vaccines.

And that's the one area where Trump is suffering with his base.

You are NOT going to help pull people away from Trump by taking cues from obvious swamp people with the tired narrative that the Jan 6 "insurrection" was somehow an affront to democracy, while stuffing ballot boxes and harvesting ballots the morning after election day somehow isn't.

You might as well be using Jim Acosta to make the case against Trump. That would undoubtedly result in record-breaking vote totals if he runs in 2024.

Here's an example of one actual (i.e. not-former-administration-official-has-been) Trump supporter who was turned off by Trump's interview with Candace Owens:

The vaccine issue—not Jan 6—is going to be what makes or breaks Trump.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-06-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    (nevermind when D.C. burned during the War of 1812).
    There have been at least 5 attacks on Washington, DC, SINCE 1812, that make "1/6" look like a sign waving campaign. And I believe all of them were leftist movements.

Here's a BS leftist source laying out several of them.

There's no mention, of course, of the summer, 2020, attack at the White House, which has been conveniently memory-holed. Also, no mention of the DC riots during the 2017 inauguration.

Yet Democrats and the corporate media continue to parrot the narrative that 1/6 was the worst attack on the US since the Civil War.

We're living in an disinformation dystopia. There are 3 ways forward - submission; revolution; peaceful divorce. I choose peaceful divorce. But it's gonna take a WHOLE LOT of people waking up to reality, and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    There have been at least 5 attacks on Washington, DC, SINCE 1812, that make "1/6" look like a sign waving campaign. And I believe all of them were leftist movements.

Here's a BS leftist source laying out several of them.

There's no mention, of course, of the summer, 2020, attack at the White House, which has been conveniently memory-holed. Also, no mention of the DC riots during the 2017 inauguration.

Yet Democrats and the corporate media continue to parrot the narrative that 1/6 was the worst attack on the US since the Civil War.

We're living in an disinformation dystopia. There are 3 ways forward - submission; revolution; peaceful divorce. I choose peaceful divorce. But it's gonna take a WHOLE LOT of people waking up to reality, and quick.
    Totally agree and choose peaceful divorce as well. The disinformation dystopia is incredibly frustrating since we have submission from people that believe the lies, people that will revolt but for the wrong reasons since they believe the lies and those that seek peaceful divorce whom may bring the swamp with them since they believe the lies. "But it's gonna take a WHOLE LOT of people waking up to reality, and quick.", Exactly!

Support the fight against vaccine mandates by donating and buying pillows today! No, no, there's no need to get up from your mobility scooter! That's right, stay right there and call the number on your screen to do your part for this epic battle for the soul of our nation. Just definitely, definitely don't actually do anything.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Just shut up and disappear Trump. Nobody believes you. And paying your used-car-salesman trolls to peddle this crap on message boards won't change that.

^^^^^This^^^^^

+rep
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump put his finger to the wind at his last rally. Trump’s rallies serve as his own, personal, honest Frank Luntz. He can instantly see what is popular, and what is not.

Credit where it's due. +rep
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Support the fight against vaccine mandates by donating and buying pillows today! No, no, there's no need to get up from your mobility scooter! That's right, stay right there and call the number on your screen to do your part for this epic battle for the soul of our nation. Just definitely, definitely don't actually do anything.
    What do you mean, I am fighting against "cancel culture" like Mike says by buying his new slippers and proprietary absorbent towels. I give Hannity his 3 hours since he says that is all he needs to take America back and I donate to Trump because the flyer says if I don't it says I am with the Democrats. /s

Silly but yet it is apparently working for all of them. $#@!ing Boomers.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He can get stuffed.

Not even remotely interested in another four years of that due facce cavone.
    Last edited by Snowball; 01-06-2022 at 05:10 PM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump has been opposing mandates all along.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Still haven't lost your pucker, I see.
    Chris

Regardless of what El' Jefe Naranjo says, shouldn't we be rising up in righteous anger against vaxx mandates?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Sure, and he realized he better pivot back to that and quit the vaccine advocacy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The difference between Trump and Gandhi is one of them was big enough and human enough to admit it.

"They thought Trump was the river, but he was the dam." -- Michael Malice
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Trump calls on supporters to 'rise up' against vaccine mandates
    This is what they do.

They present a limited range of positions, such as:
    (1) "the jabs are wonderful and you should get them - but you shouldn't be forced if you don't want to", and
    (2) "the jabs are wonderful and you should get them - and you should be forced if you don't want to".

Then they foment vigorous - and even vitriolic - "debate" between those positions, while rejecting anything [1] outside of that range as:
    (1) being beyond the pale of reason and good sense, and
    (2) something that should be reflexively dismissed out of hand as the work of fringe crackpots [2].

Having said all that, in Trump's case, I suspect it has at least as much to do with his narcissism [3] as with any attempt to participate in the dynamics of "manufacturing consent".

[1] Such as "the jabs are not wonderful and you should be skeptical of them", for example.

[2] Of course, some of those espousing positions outside the acceptable range may actually be fringe crackpots, which fact is often exploited to reinforce the desired narrative. "What, your position falls outside the 3x5 index card of respectable opinion? Well, then, you must be one of those pesky conspiracy theorists!"

[3] After all, he was Prez when the jabs were invented, don'cha know?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Regardless of what El' Jefe Naranjo says, shouldn't we be rising up in righteous anger against vaxx mandates?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh , yeah .
    Do something Danke

Trump is useless @ this point in history

yes.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Good, so we agree.

Therefore I'll take anybody that agitates for that, even Trump.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Trump can be taken at his word, too--half the time. He has been on both sides of every issue you can name. The only reason this is the only hill you can still die on in kissing orange ass is he never got to flip flop--Warp Speed didn't bear fruit until after the election.
    We believe our lying eyes...