Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Why the murderers of Ahmaud Arbery need to be prosecuted

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Arbery had no reason to believe his life was being threatened, they already had a chance to shoot him and they did not. He knew they were trying to hold him there until police arrived, and he would not have that.
    Some people like to actually torture their victims before killing them. Not every murder wants a quick and easy kill. They said they told him "Stop or we'll blow your fvcking head off." Who even talks like that? Anyway, the trials over. They've been found guilty. Of course they'll appeal and it likely won't go anywhere.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Charlottesville car driver was in the wrong. He went towards the crowd and a blocked street, not away from it.

But that is off-topic. Let's stick to the thread topic.
    Is it really off topic? With enough mental gymnastics you one can justify anything. Like @dannno saying the younger McMichael got out of the truck because, supposedly, Arbery was "reaching for the door handle" and apparently they had no locks.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

You now have the blessings of the state. Call the police, only they have the right to do anything.
    But y'all keep saying that their defense is they just wanted to hand him over to the police. Since they called the police anyway, why not keep following him until the police got there? Why set up a roadblock then point a gun at Arbery?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    LOL at how they make Arbery look like some aw shucks Gomer Pyle. They forgot this photo:

Not sure what your point here is.

They didn't show the defendants' mug shots, either.

And they couldn't show a photo of Arbery from the court because, well ... yeah.

Lessons to learn:

1) Don't play cop. Especially over small fry $#@! like this. Report the perpetrator. Follow the perpetrator at a distance if you want while talking to cops. Take pictures of them. Don't cut them off and pull a gun.
    ESPECIALLY if the perpetrator is of a minority different race. Because any altercation will become political.
    2) Know the laws in your state regarding citizens arrest. And know the right to self-defense laws.

In N.C. if I witness a felony and I were to pull my carry on the individual, and the perpetrator is unarmed/non-threatening, then he can simply walk away. No amount of "Freeze, put your hands in the air, get on your knees, this is a citizens arrest" is gonna make a damn difference if they turn and run away. What the $#@! am I going to do? Shoot an unarmed man in the back to stop him from getting away?

Criminals get the benefit of doubt. Law abiding individuals do not have the right to enforce the law. It's simply the way it is.

ETA: See there I already $#@!ed up in the above scenario. And I bolded it.
    In N.C. as a citizen I cannot arrest. I can only detain. Actually saying "citizens arrest" is a violation of state statute unless I am an actual L.E.O.

THAT'S how $#@!ed up this $#@! is.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 11-24-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Is it really off topic? With enough mental gymnastics you one can justify anything. Like @dannno saying the younger McMichael got out of the truck because, supposedly, Arbery was "reaching for the door handle" and apparently they had no locks.
    Nope. I was saying the dude in the vehicle who recorded it did whatever he did while driving because Arbery was reaching for the door handles. That was his testimony. He didn't have to say anything about it, that was information he gave police on his own accord.

Travis was out of the truck, standing there, as Arbery ran toward him from hundreds of yards away. He had 350 degrees of other directions to run, but he runs straight at him, then around the right side of the truck. The reason why Travis went a couple feet closer to the truck was because he cut over and ran right next to the truck, he wanted to make sure he didn't get into the truck and drive off, he didn't know what this guy was going to do. Obviously the truck wasn't locked, the father was up on the truck bed. Did you even watch the video?

Fortunately I have been vindicated in all of this. Andrew Branca is a self defense legal expert, sat through almost all of the entire trial and has been on Rekeita streams. The Rekeita streams have been a bit frustrating, they seem to be focused on the law portion and nothing else. They were excellent on Kyle Rittenhouse, and helpful in understanding this case as well.. but it wasn't until I saw Andrew Branca discuss this on Tim Pool's show tonight that I have seen a legal expert, a legal expert in self-defense no less, pretty much reciting a lot of my posts here word for word..

Looks like they get into the Arbery case at 43 minute mark, but the beginning is well worth watching as well.

Last edited by dannno; 11-25-2021 at 12:59 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Some people like to actually torture their victims before killing them. Not every murder wants a quick and easy kill. They said they told him "Stop or we'll blow your fvcking head off." Who even talks like that? Anyway, the trials over. They've been found guilty. Of course they'll appeal and it likely won't go anywhere.
    Come on Jim, Ahmaud just ran out of a building he wasn't supposed to be in, it is very reasonable and rational to believe that the stop had something to do with the trespassing. If they wanted to torture and kill him, they could have hit him with the car until he is hurt, grab him, torture him and then kill him. I believe Ahmaud was very unreasonable with his engagement with the McMicheals and his behaviour is what led directly to his death.

But y'all keep saying that their defense is they just wanted to hand him over to the police. Since they called the police anyway, why not keep following him until the police got there? Why set up a roadblock then point a gun at Arbery?
    Bad judgement all around. One person paid with their life, three other people may spend their lives in prison.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I was guessing R3volution 3.0.
    Ah, okay.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Come on Jim, Ahmaud just ran out of a building he wasn't supposed to be in, it is very reasonable and rational to believe that the stop had something to do with the trespassing. If they wanted to torture and kill him, they could have hit him with the car until he is hurt, grab him, torture him and then kill him. I believe Ahmaud was very unreasonable with his engagement with the McMicheals and his behaviour is what led directly to his death.
    Trespassing is not a felony. A couple of kids trespassed that same day. Should they have been chased down with in pickup trucks and told "Stop or I'll blow your fvcking head off?" The law says now. And that's why The McMicheals and "Roddy" are now convicted felons. Oh, and my name isn't "Jim."

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The part I don't understand is that Arbery grabbed for the gun and then gets shot. How is that not self defense? It's the same circumstances as the Rosenbaum shooting by Ritenhouse.

Don't get me wrong here, my belief is that both the McMicheals are at least somewhat racist and Arbery is a thief.
    Run that question through the REI filter and get back to us.

Or say "We told him if you don't stop we'll blow your f-cking head off."
    Hadn't heard about that, but that is pretty incriminating. A cop might not even get away with that.

Nope. I was saying the dude in the vehicle who recorded it did whatever he did while driving because Arbery was reaching for the door handles. That was his testimony. He didn't have to say anything about it, that was information he gave police on his own accord.

Travis was out of the truck, standing there, as Arbery ran toward him from hundreds of yards away. He had 350 degrees of other directions to run, but he runs straight at him, then around the right side of the truck. The reason why Travis went a couple feet closer to the truck was because he cut over and ran right next to the truck, he wanted to make sure he didn't get into the truck and drive off, he didn't know what this guy was going to do. Obviously the truck wasn't locked, the father was up on the truck bed. Did you even watch the video?
    LOL. Oh gawd you're just getting retarded now. So Travis was outside the truck to keep Arbery from getting inside the truck? Seriously? That....that's your argument? And your geometry is BS. Arbery couldn't go backwards because there was a truck behind him bearing down on him. If he turned to the right or to the left he would have been trespassing again and, according to y'all, that's worthy of being chased by people with trucks.

Fortunately I have been vindicated in all of this. Andrew Branca is a self defense legal expert, sat through almost all of the entire trial and has been on Rekeita streams. The Rekeita streams have been a bit frustrating, they seem to be focused on the law portion and nothing else. They were excellent on Kyle Rittenhouse, and helpful in understanding this case as well.. but it wasn't until I saw Andrew Branca discuss this on Tim Pool's show tonight that I have seen a legal expert, a legal expert in self-defense no less, pretty much reciting a lot of my posts here word for word..
    So you find one "expert" who thankfully wasn't on the jury to agree with you and that "vindicates" you? Vindication is the guilty verdict. They're felons. Those who are open minded, like Viva Frei, predicted the McMicheals would be convicted and they were right.

Tim Pool is pretty biased. He is so over the top these days in stupidity that he thought the Derek Chauvin case should have been dismissed just because there was possible danger of riots. So in his bizarro world if you want to get away with murder, just do something so over the top that people might be pissed off about it.

Trespassing is not a felony. A couple of kids trespassed that same day. Should they have been chased down with in pickup trucks and told "Stop or I'll blow your fvcking head off?" The law says now. And that's why The McMicheals and "Roddy" are now convicted felons. Oh, and my name isn't "Jim."
    Maybe? the problem is that the vast majority of normal people would not have ran when they saw the neighbour calling the police. In reality and this is true for just about any culture and I would wager to bet that this is innate to humans but running when discovered is a universal sign for guilt. He choose to run not because he was a "jogger" like the media wants you to believe but most likely because he was up to no good that afternoon unlike the kids who were previously in the building.

I think the McMicheals deserved some punishment for not following the laws to the letter which then led to someone's death but the charges they convicted them on is excessive in my book.

The "agenda" in this case is that according to the facts and the law these three jackasses are guilty. People who apply actual facts to the actual law realize Kyle Rittenhouse was innocent and the McMichaels and "Roddy" are guilty. (Actually I feel a little sorry for Roddy. He seems to have just gotten caught up with the wrong crowd.) You can pursue someone without attempting to detain him. And you can detain someone without pointing a gun at him, especially if you know he's unarmed and under oath the McMichaels admitted there was no reason for them to think he was armed. Three of them. One of him. They could have tackled him and not be convicted felons now.
    Back to the details of this case, eh? So you don't like my big picture hypotheses that this is also about destruction of property rights and defense of property, as part of a Marxist agenda. That’s ok, you don't have to agree with my conspiracy hypothesis.

The citizens arrest was (thankfully) unlawful. On the day in question there was and is no evidence that Arbery did anything beyond misdemeanor trespass, just like the other people caught on video going in and out of that house that day.
    Agree. And the law does not accept past experiences as evidence (unless you are the police).

Do you think I should have chased down the three white men who shot the deer on my property and gunned them down if they resisted? Yes or no?
    It’s up to you, but I wouldn’t recommend that. Did they try to grab your gun? You would have a hard time proving self defense, as this case proves. Call the police.

Back to the big picture, don't be surprised when your property becomes communal property. That’s where these roads are leading. You can say you heard it here first.

Hadn't heard about that, but that is pretty incriminating. A cop might not even get away with that.
    This is from the cross examination of the younger McMichael.

McMichael told jurors on Wednesday that while he and his father and co-defendant, Gregory McMichael, were chasing Arbery in their pickup truck, Arbery "turned and ran" when the younger McMichael told him the police were on their way.
    Members of the Nation of Islam stand in formation outside while Greg McMichael, his son Travis McMichael and William "Roddie" Bryan are tried in the Glynn County Courthouse over the killing of Ahmaud Arbery, in Brunswick, Georgia, U.S., November 18, 2021. REUTERS/Octavio Jones
    Defendant Travis McMichael testifies under cross-examination by prosecutor Linda Dunikoski during the trial of the killers of Ahmaud Arbery at the Glynn County Courthouse in Brunswick, Georgia, U.S., November 18, 2021. Sean Rayford/Pool via REUTERS
    Prosecutor Linda Dunikoski shares evidence during the trial of the killers of Ahmaud Arbery at the Glynn County Courthouse in Brunswick, Georgia, U.S., November 18, 2021. Sean Rayford/Pool via REUTERS/File Photo
    1/6

Defendant Travis McMichael testifies under cross-examination by prosecutor Linda Dunikoski during the trial of the killers of Ahmaud Arbery at the Glynn County Courthouse in Brunswick, Georgia, U.S., November 18, 2021. Sean Rayford/Pool via REUTERS

In cross-examination by prosecutor Linda Dunikoski on Thursday, McMichael agreed that he did not explicitly mention such a moment in a police interview the afternoon of the shooting, nor include it in a written statement he made that day. He later conceded that his father had not called the police while they were pursuing Arbery.

"You're telling this jury you're all confused and you can't get your facts straight when you're telling the police why you shot and killed a man?" Dunikoski asked.

"I've never been through a situation like that," he said.

The younger McMichael said he tried to be calm when calling out to Arbery during the chase and used polite language including "please."

Dunikoski contrasted this with the threatening language McMichael's father used, according to his accounts to police.

Quoting from one of the police interviews, Dunikoski asked the younger McMichael if he heard his father shout at Arbery: "'Stop or I'll blow your $#@!ing head off?'"

McMichael said he did not recall hearing that.

So in contrast to the Stephan Moleneux multiple choice question that @dannno posted, the idea that the McMichaels calmly told Arbery the police were coming is a "fact" that was fabricated after they realized they were going to be prosecuted. If you hear someone say he's going to blow your head off do you calmly stop and wait to see what might happen or do you fight like hell? I agree with what you said earlier. Bad decisions all around. And for that matter, while I supported Kyle's acquittal, I would not have wanted my 17 year old out there. And I sure as hell wouldn't want him in a situation where he could be so easily isolated. Bad decisions all the way around.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Back to the details of this case, eh? So you don't like my big picture hypotheses that this is also about destruction of property rights and defense of property, as part of a Marxist agenda. That’s ok, you don't have to agree with my conspiracy hypothesis.
    I don't think this case has anything to do with a "Marxist agenda." I'm not saying there isn't a Marxist agenda.

Agree. And the law does not accept past experiences as evidence (unless you are the police).
    The prosecution in the Kyle Rittenhouse case wasn't allowed to use him saying on video that he wanted to shoot looters either.

It’s up to you, but I wouldn’t recommend that. Did they try to grab your gun? You would have a hard time proving self defense, as this case proves. Call the police.
    They obviously had their own gun. They just shot a deer. I just let this one go. In the past I've called the game warden at times when I know people are illegally hunting. The guy you called the "commissar?" You seemed to imply that was the wrong move, but maybe I misread you. At any rate, if they have a gun....or rather guns plural, right or wrong going after them with my one gun would be a dumb move on my part unless I just want my ex wife to be able to cash in that life insurance policy and pay off my sons' college.

Back to the big picture, don't be surprised when your property becomes communal property. That’s where these roads are leading. You can say you heard it here first.
    Meh. It's already pretty much impossible to keep hunters off your property in these parts and has been for my half century of existence.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 11-24-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Who is your original identity here?
    Influenza?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Who is your original identity here?
    PierzStyx?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Not sure what your point here is.
    Smile versus grimace. I wasn't a fan of either one, but I seem to remember Martin not doing anything beyond minding his own business.

And then we're stuck with these other clowns:

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Influenza?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    PierzStyx?
    Oh, I forgot about them.

I wonder if ZippyJuan is posting under a different name.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

That's 96% of 18-29 year olds think cannabis should be legal, at least for medical purposes.. that's pretty close to unanimous. Of those who think it should be illegal for recreation, I would bet the vast majority think it should be legal to possess, certainly not a jailable offense.
    Except you didn't include the 30+ group.* Not to mention, 28% of the 18-29 group is against recreational marijuana. I'm guessing a lot of those are mil, po-lice, EMT, and other superheroes getting store discounts.

*And yes, I realize their age bracket doesn't match the age bracket you mentioned.

The media has been making heroes of asswipes for decades. No reason for them to stop now.

Tim Pool is pretty biased. He is so over the top these days in stupidity that he thought the Derek Chauvin case should have been dismissed just because there was possible danger of riots. So in his bizarro world if you want to get away with murder, just do something so over the top that people might be pissed off about it.
    It was a timcast IRL, he had Andrew Branca on, as well as Jack Posobiec.

Here is Branca's website:

https://lawofselfdefense.com/

Branca said everything I have been thinking..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They said they told him "Stop or we'll blow your fvcking head off." Who even talks like that? Anyway, the trials over. They've been found guilty. Of course they'll appeal and it likely won't go anywhere.
    Do you have a source for that? Besides Al Sharpton?

I think you got fake newsd..

(Edit: commented below in Post #392)
    Last edited by dannno; 11-25-2021 at 01:13 AM.

Trespassing with the intent to steal is a felony. Based on his pattern of casing the place late at night, it is reasonable to presume that was his intention.

Pretty sure that never happened. (edit: posted more about this below.. #392, still kinda skeptical)
    Last edited by dannno; 11-25-2021 at 01:14 AM.

Were those other kids caught on video multiple times casing the place late at night?

Apparently the cops were going around showing photos of Arbery to the neighbors and asking for their help if they saw him.

Those who are open minded, like Viva Frei, predicted the McMicheals would be convicted and they were right.
    I predicted they would be guilty as well, in part from watching Nate and Viva et al... because I watched the trial and saw what the Judge said about the statute and how the panel was reacting. They are looking at it from a purely legal perspective, not moral or anything like that.

However in the video I posted, Branca went over the statute. It's two lines, and he showed with absolute certainty that the judge read it wrong, which means there is a good chance another judge may overturn the conviction.

I think if he had a discussion on this with Viva, he would probably agree as well. Branca has been on the Rekeita panel before on the Rittenhouse trial.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-25-2021 at 12:31 AM.

I'm not seeing First Degree Murder. If that was the defendants intentions wouldn't they have just drove up and shot him straight out of hand? Or bumped him with the truck, tied a chain to him and dragged him down the road until dead?
    They gave him the choice to hold until cops came. That's called "detainment."
    If someone pointed a shotgun at me and told me to "hold" until law enforcement arrived that's exactly what I would do.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast