Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just got back from Michigan voting

Got my friend, Father and his friend to vote for Paul today , first time they vote for the doctor.

If that's a tangible measurement of how well we will do at large, then expect to see a 200% to 400% increase in number of voters compared to 2008.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just called my friend he convinced his father and sister to vote for Ron (first time) and now he's trying to get his wife's father and uncle out to vote . Networking works!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Just called my friend he convinced his Dad and sister to vote for Ron (first time) and now he's trying to get his wife's Dad and uncle out to vote . Networking works!!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Monk again.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I got your back

Great Job Monk, +rep
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Same.

Also with a reportedly low voter turnout today your efforts are even more important because the %value of each vote is higher in a low turnout environment.

Thank You
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Indeed a lower turnout may work in our favor

And thank you all for the support

These voter turnout stories from Michigan are the most soothing thing to read :-)

Quote Originally Posted by wayzupusc View Post
    I voted in Mattawan a couple hours ago or so and it was pretty empty. I was voter 97...wishing I would have seen this thread so I would have taken a pic.
    Did you bring anyone to the polls?
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Whoooo dad's friend called me and said he took his friend to vote for ron!

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooool

There's reason to be excited. The early adopters of Ron Paul have been doing good work to convert their family and friends into Ron Paul supporters. Michigan does have a long way to go though, there's a lot disconnected voters. This year I was able to get my dad to vote Paul. He is an avid Levin/Limbaugh listener and is a Neo-con, but I consider this an large personal accomplishment that signifies that people are ready for a change.

City of Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County, Ward 01 Precinct 2

Voter 1, Ballot 1, Diebold Counter 0001. Voted Ron Paul at 11:45 AM EST.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthbrooklyn View Post
    I want to vote so badly now, but by the time April rolls around, im afraid it will be too late.. Im in NYC by the way and Im voting for Paul no matter what
    no get ready to vote. your not late. listen in colorado that is when we pick delegates your right on time
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by umichmed View Post
    boom goes the dynamite!!!!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Voted at 4:00 pm for Ron.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Just got an update that my mom voted Ron Paul and my sister has said she's heading over to vote for him now too!! WOOO!!!
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

This whole campaign has been such an eyeopener for me personally! Ron Paul has not only awakened ALOT of Americans that needed to be paying attention to what is going on in our country! But, also I have learned that what I hear on the MSM ..I can not trust! I hear things now and immediately turn to the internet to see what the real truth is. I worked in media for 25 years and knew that they put a spin on things to make them more interesting but NEVER was a party to censorship or blatant lies to the public. The damage is done ..once you make someone mistrust you..it is extremely hard to re-gain their trust. So, while the MSM thinks it is doing the 1% a favor in spinning things the way they want..all they have done is make the 99% quit listening anymore. No matter what happens, RON PAUL has changed my life and America forever as far as I am concerned!

voted and brought two other people with me. i was number 235 at 230 in a more rural precinct in st clair county.

Continuing good news, just found out that 3 of our friends and their family voted for Ron Paul today because of the information we've been posting on Facebook! WOOOOO!

Okay, so I'm easily excited.

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by anewvoice View Post
    Continuing good news, just found out that 3 of our friends and their family voted for Ron Paul today because of the information we've been posting on Facebook! WOOOOO!

Okay, so I'm easily excited.
    Did the campaign send an email out to donors in Michigan today (or call)?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    Did the campaign send an email out to donors in Michigan today (or call)?
    Not that I'm aware of, weird. You'd think at a minimum a GOTV e-mail would be sent out to remind. I did get e-mails from the Michigan Campaign though, maybe that's it.

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by umichmed View Post
    Who voted for the Diebold Counter?

(not a serious post, +rep for voting)
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I went with 4 friends to vote for Paul today and we planted Ron Paul yard signs outside the polling place

59 total votes at least 5 were for paul.
    Last edited by ronpaulordietrying; 02-28-2012 at 05:43 PM.

I voted for Ron today! I was so excited to be able to vote for him

I got atleat 12 people to vote for sure today, come on people, try to top me!!!
    Golden Rule? Booooo. Go back to Texas!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123