Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Inauguration Attendance 2017: How Many People Watched Donald Trump Get Sworn In As Presi

Trump Inauguration Attendance 2017: How Many People Watched Donald Trump Get Sworn In As Presi

A combination of photos taken at the National Mall shows the crowds attending the inauguration ceremonies to swear in President Donald Trump at 12:01pm (L) Jan. 20, 2017 and President Barack Obama Jan. 20, 2009, in Washington, DC, Photo: Reuters/Lucas Jackson (L), Stelios Varias
    Donald Trump predicted that the numbers at his inauguration Friday would be “astronomical.” However, a mere glance at pictures of the National Mall in Washington, D.C., showed that the crowd was significantly smaller than when his predecessor Barack Obama was first sworn into office in 2009.

As Obama arrived on a promise of “Yes We Can,” the Mall was covered with an estimated 1.8 million people coming to witness the country's first black president. But Friday, photos showed plenty of empty ground and white tarpaulin still visible to see the 70-year-old Republican take the oath of office.

Indeed, the crowd was likely smaller than Obama’s inauguration for his second term in 2013. Obama’s victory over Mitt Romney to win re-election was marked by a crowd estimated at 1 million.

No official tallies are available for the event. While 250,000 free tickets are distributed by Congress for the area nearest the inauguration platform in front of the Capitol, the majority of attendees are generally outside the ticketed zone.

There are, however, some official clues as to the size of the crowds. The official account of the Washington Metro, Friday, tweeted the Metro ridership numbers for Inauguration day mornings. The 193,000 riders as of 11 a.m. Friday paled in comparison to the 513,000 at the same time of Obama’s first inauguration or the 317,000 on the day of his second. Indeed, the number for Trump was even smaller than the 197,000 users on the morning of President George W. Bush’s inauguration for his second term in 2005.

Another indicator that the crowd did not match Trump’s prediction of a “record-setting turnout,” comes from the reported struggles of second-hand ticket sellers to turn a profit.

The Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Activities, which organizes all activities, said it was expecting between 700,000 to 750,000 people to attend Trump’s inauguration as the country’s 45th president.

The numbers around the National Mall may have been far higher, however, when taking into account the thousands of protestors in the surrounding areas.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/trump-inaugur...-sworn-2478874

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this has already been debunked as fake. The photo supposably showing today's inauguration is several hours before the ceremony.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

If it is accurate, it is about what W had.

It would not surprise me in the least if Obama had many more people.

Obama's main constituencies, blacks and government employees and people dependent on government spending, outnumber Trump's main constituency, working class whites, in the 100 mile radius around the District of Criminals, by a factor of about ten to one.

Where those photos taken at the exact same time of day? Or, was one taken early morning and the other at the height of the ceremony?

Would Wash DC being mostly black increase Obama's number simply because of proximity? A lot of schools and local residents could've just hopped down the street in 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

National Mall cam with time stamp (this shows the front half of the pictures previously posted- note location of building on right):

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-20-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Heh, looks full to me, at least all the way back to that press tent or whatever that white building or tent is on the mall.

Fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post

Combined with a temperature high of 56 degrees, he should have gotten a lot more people out there for him. Then again, you look at the fact that Romney had more people cast their vote for him than they did for Trump would help you understand the low turn out. This is going to piss his supporter off but a lot of people are losing faith in the govt.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Combined with a temperature high of 56 degrees, he should have gotten a lot more people out there for him. Then again, you look at the fact that Romney had more people cast their vote for him than they did for Trump would help you understand the low turn out. This is going to piss his supporter off but a lot of people are losing faith in the govt.
    It was 28 degrees and windy in 2009. http://capitalclimate.blogspot.com/2...ther-2009.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2009-...ry?id=44927217

The district’s Metro system was less inundated this morning than it was during Obama's first inauguration. As of 11 a.m. ET, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority says it had recorded 193,000 trips, compared with the 513,000 trips taken up to that time on Jan. 20, 2009. Some 317,000 trips were taken by 11 a.m. ET on Obama’s second inauguration on Jan. 21, 2013, the government agency said.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-20-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Obama's main constituencies, blacks and government employees and people dependent on government spending, outnumber Trump's main constituency, working class whites, in the 100 mile radius around the District of Criminals, by a factor of about ten to one.
    This is correct , all 20 GOP voters in DC would have been at work .
    Do something Danke

Public transportation numbers back up my claim.

///
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-20-2017 at 07:43 PM.

wonder if @Cowlesy was in the crowd?

That was also a close. controversial race. Makes sense. Both elected by a minority of voters.

well something still doesn't seem right. The 2009 photo is much higher quality, wtf is CNN doing this time? Look here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/20/po...ize/index.html

So which is it? Fake news or blacks and govt workers swelling the crowd to be 3x as big as Trump's crowd.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    National Mall cam with time stamp

So when was the other picture taken? 12:12? If so, what was happening at 12:12 today? What was happening at 12:12 the day of Obama's inauguration? Do those photos side-by-side compare the exact same events (speech, swearing in, etc.)? Crowds can change very quickly. Those distances are short, so maybe people walked away for a few minutes.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Neg rep for ZippyJuan. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    So when was the other picture taken? 12:12? If so, what was happening at 12:12 today? What was happening at 12:12 the day of Obama's inauguration? Do those photos side-by-side compare the exact same events (speech, swearing in, etc.)? Crowds can change very quickly. Those distances are short, so maybe people walked away for a few minutes.

12:12 was during the ceremony which started at noon. Doubt thousands walked away during it. But maybe. Also note that public transit use was down as others pointed out.

Thanks for the rep. Is that going to continue to be an every day thing?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-20-2017 at 07:58 PM.

12:12 was during the ceremony which started at noon. Doubt thousands walked away during it.
    I was suggesting people walking away when something was not happening. That is why I asked the moments when both photos were taken. Crowds gather and disperse very quickly. In a matter of minutes.

But maybe. Also note that public transit use was down as others pointed out.
    Public transit is generally used by poorer people, hence my comment about locals attending.

Thanks for the rep. Is that going to continue to be an every day thing?
    Are you worried? Like two years ago when everyone relentlessly negged you and your rep bar turned red. You cried to the moderators and got three green bars restored.

So which is it? Fake news or blacks and govt workers swelling the crowd to be 3x as big as Trump's crowd.
    Hard to tell.

The picture from the steps and podium looking out toward the Washington Monument looks like the place is packed.

Others do not.

I'm going with blacks and government workers, being local, hopping on a train or bus.

That and the outright Messianic message from government news sources about the coronation of the Magic Mulatto in 2009, would make me not question that more people were there in 2009 than in 2017.

Hard to tell.

The picture from the steps and podium looking out toward the Washington Monument looks like the place is packed.

Others do not.

I'm going with blacks and government workers, being local, hopping on a train or bus.

That and the outright Messianic message from government news sources about the coronation of the Magic Mulatto in 2009, would make me not question that more people were there in 2009 than in 2017.
    I sorta agree with the numbers being down for Trump but I don't think Obama's numbers were high just because of blacks and govt works. The truth is that Obama's campaign had a fantastic marketing campaign, these were the same people that brought 1 million or so Germans to listen to his speech and I can tell you that there weren't many blacks or US govt workers in the crowd.

The first election had a very good reception because some of his rhetoric was actually refreshing especially after coming off Bush's term. Combine that with a madison ave marketing campaign and you get loads pot people coming out for his inauguration.

But just like all those people who were swindled into believing Obama's lies, the same would happen to the people who buy into the Magic Orange man in 2016. Its just the 2008 effect in reverse, its just that now most people have wised up to the scam.

I wonder how many more "free" tickets (taxpayer funded) were given away for Obama's first inauguration.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 01-20-2017 at 08:22 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, what's your point, Zippy? Trump won. Obama is gone.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    So, what's your point, Zippy? Trump won. Obama is gone.
    I think his point is this:

That was also a close. controversial race. Makes sense. Both elected by a minority of voters.
    Kinda of redundant if you ask me, but meh, whatever.

Not like this was unknown, nor will it be any surprise that the left, government news outlets, Hollyweird and the SJW crowd will be screeching like a symphony of scalded cats, every minute of every day for the next four years and will jump on any excuse, however flimsy, like this crowd estimate for instance, to claim the racist, fascist, sexist blah blah BLAH Trump is illegitimate and has no "mandate of the people".
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-20-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I wonder how many more "free" tickets (taxpayer funded) were given away for Obama's first inauguration.
    What if I told you that there were so many tickets available that scalpers couldn't give them away fast enough. And with Obama, people were paying big money to get their hands on the tickets. Why is it so hard to believe that a lot more well meaning Americans were tricked into buying into Obama's bullshite?

This should be a good thing seeing as how fewer Americans are susceptible to the political propaganda. Imagine a time when a president would organize an inauguration and nobody shows up.

What if I told you that there were so many tickets available that scalpers couldn't give them away fast enough. And with Obama, people were paying big money to get their hands on the tickets. Why is it so hard to believe that a lot more well meaning Americans were tricked into buying into Obama's bullshite?

This should be a good thing seeing as how fewer Americans are susceptible to the political propaganda. Imagine a time when a president would organize an inauguration and nobody shows up.

Good points.

I think that depends on how you look at it. According to some, Hillary won the popular vote in the 2008 primaries, but Obama got more delegates. His team didn't get him on the ballot in Michigan and there are rumors of some sort of deal. I remember thinking how odd it was that Hillary went away so quietly. I guess pay-to-play is easier as Secretary of State.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast