Thread: Oakland to launch one of the largest universal basic income pilots in the country

Oakland to launch one of the largest universal basic income pilots in the country

Oakland to launch one of the largest universal basic income pilots in the country

Oakland is launching a basic universal income program for hundreds of residents — one of the largest such programs in the country, according to a release.

More details will be shared in a Tuesday announcement.

The initiative comes in the wake of Stockton’s program, which provides $500 every month to 125 people. Launched by former Mayor Michael Tubbs, Stockton led one of the first universal basic income programs in the U.S. Tubbs lost his re-election in 2020.
    More: https://www.sfchronicle.com/local/ar...l-16045456.php
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

They're so dumb. Giving UBI to 600 people is just a tiny welfare program, not a test in any way of UBI. The problem is as soon as you scale it up and make it "Universal" it becomes impossible.

If you gave everyone in the US a measly 10K a year, that would be over 3 trillion! We'd pretty much have to eliminate everything else in the budget, military, social security, medicare.

Ya , douchebag illinois . My first thougt was they'll never have to pay anything out of the 400K fund because how can someone prove they were discriminated against for a rental in 1969 ? Then I thought , how can the city prove they were not so maybe they actually plan on paying it .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    They're so dumb. Giving UBI to 600 people is just a tiny welfare program, not a test in any way of UBI. The problem is as soon as you scale it up and make it "Universal" it becomes impossible.

If you gave everyone in the US a measly 10K a year, that would be over 3 trillion! We'd pretty much have to eliminate everything else in the budget, military, social security, medicare.
    Yes , these people are insane .
    Do something Danke

My ancestors were persecuted by the romans!