Thread: Dutch Cops To 'Undress' Youths Wearing "Clothes Deemed Too Expensive For Them"

Dutch Cops To 'Undress' Youths Wearing "Clothes Deemed Too Expensive For Them"

If you thought America's civil asset forfeiture laws were horrific, police in The Netherlands will literally take the short off your back...

The Independent reports that police in the Dutch city of Rotterdam have launched a new pilot program which will see them confiscating expensive clothing and jewellery from young people if they look too poor to own them.
    Officers say the scheme will see them target younger men in designer clothes they seem unlikely to be able to afford legally – if it is not clear how the person paid for it, it will be confiscated.
    The idea is to deter criminality by sending a signal that the men will not be able to hang onto their ill-gotten gains.

"They are often young guests who consider themselves untouchable. We're going to undress them on the street, "says Rotterdam police chief Frank Paauw.
    As Climateer recently noted, this appears to be the return of 'Sumptuary Laws'
    In ancient Greece: "A free-born woman may not be accompanied by more than one female slave, unless she is drunk; she may not leave the city during the night, unless she is planning to commit adultery; she may not wear gold jewelry or a garment with a purple border, unless she is a courtesan; and a husband may not wear a gold-studded ring or a cloak of Milesian fashion unless he is bent upon prostitution or adultery."
    Agents are specially trained to eventually recognize the exclusive coats of suspects of criminal activities with a trained eye.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...emed-expensive
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh-Oh........

It seems as though the yoots are migrating...

Seems vindictive and misguided.

WHO DECIDES WHAT FANCY IS?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I am just agape. Basically, the police will take clothes right off someone who is doing nothing more than pi$$ing them off? If the people are doing something criminal, get a warrant and arrest them. Sheesh.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

loveshiscountry

This is a good lesson for all those little thieves. Save your money and fly under the radar.

What kind of jacket do you get for 1800 Euros ?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dutch gun laws are actually quite strict. Gun ownership is seen not as a right, but a privilege, with hunting and target shooting the only two legitimate reasons for owning a gun. Self defence is not regarded as a valid argument for owning a gun, and only the police are allowed to carry a weapon.
    https://www.rnw.org/archive/gun-laws-netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    an authoritarian.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Seems vindictive and misguided.
    Most laws are.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    an authoritarian.
    GR8
    They dress like shi tee used car salesmen
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

The Mayor of Rotterdam, Aboutaleb, has denied that the cops will confiscate expensive clothes.

The plan first needs to be discussed with the OM, comparable to District Attorney (in Dutch): https://joop.bnnvara.nl/nieuws/rotte...h-zo-uitkleden
    Last edited by Firestarter; 01-30-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

I would guess if the cops likes it and it's his size, the cops going to take it.

They are probably talking about some of the more gaudy designer clothes that get donated to aid organizations and subsequently end up being worn by immigrants.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Public servants. So the public. You'll be reading about Dutch turning on each other over shoes and coats, like they were envious of garbage fashion trends and what have you. Turn in the neighbor in 123 B for wearing designer sunglasses or some $#@!.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah... The Netherlands... Goddamn great, isn't it?

While we do have a lot of actual freedom here, there is absolutely no concept here of individual rights. Everything relates to groups. If you're a sad or weak little group, the government is there for you. If you can take care of yourself, the government will do everything to keep you down.

After WW2, they said, never again. As an example, being able to identify yourself at any time in WW2 everybody needed to have their papers, or "ausweis" on them at all times... We said, never again. 15 years ago or so, they said, heck yeah, we need this because we can curb criminality and terrorism with it.

People never learn, history repeats itself and Ronald Reagan is going to turn around in his grave.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post

People never learn, history repeats itself and Ronald Reagan is going to turn around in his grave.
    He got stuck with Bush.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    He got stuck with Bush.
    Obviously.

I do understand where the police are coming from, it's a normal reaction in a country where individual rights are used to wipe the governments' ass. Also, I don't particularly sympathize with the audience that will receive this treatment from police, as there definitely are plenty of people who fit the description and feel like they own the place. However, if this is the way we try to deal with that, I'm going to sympathize with them, I'm going to defend them.

They already do something similar with cars, not sure if they impound them, but they pull over people who they think drive too expensive cars.. Generally kids in their 20's with new high-end BMW's, Audi's etc. I know someone that it happened to, who wasn't pleased. They already pay 52% tax and then you get treated like this because you're rich (Yes you have to be rich to buy a new high end BMW here. My S60 Volvo was 60K euro when it was new.) Crazy stupid country, but hey, where the $#@! do I go to?
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 01-30-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Only the Kings men get to go hunting .

I think I need @luctor-et-emergo to post a picture of his jacket so I can determine his level of safety .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think I need @luctor-et-emergo to post a picture of his jacket so I can determine his level of safety .
    In summer I still wear my old Hemp Hoodlamb jacket... Although mine looks rough and is no longer green but grey from sun exposure. Still the best jacket I ever had. I think I'm safe.

However.. A lot of times I dress similar to this:

(The metal clips on the suspenders suck.. Should have buttons in those trousers with leather straps but mkay, it's only an illustration.)

And yeah, I'm known for being dandy but then the next day showing up looking like a tramp.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 01-31-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Yeah... The Netherlands... Goddamn great, isn't it?

While we do have a lot of actual freedom here, there is absolutely no concept here of individual rights. Everything relates to groups. If you're a sad or weak little group, the government is there for you. If you can take care of yourself, the government will do everything to keep you down.
    That's not what the homeless and the organisations that "help" them told me.

These say that, in the Netherlands, you don't have rights at all.
    And if you want some help, you have to do it all by yourself (why would they ask for help if they didn't need it?).

The "best" part of what the homeless told me is that they get fined for typical homeless stuff (it's illegal to sleep outside).
    Then if they can't pay, they get hit with additional costs, which often become higher than the original fine.
    Then if they still don't pay, they get locked up in prison, and if they still don't pay, they eventually do get released, but then can be locked up again, as they still haven't paid...

I once read about a cop taking the jacket of a homeless man, but there was no outrage...
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    That's not what the homeless and the organisations that "help" them told me.

These say that, in the Netherlands, you don't have rights at all.
    And if you want some help, you have to do it all by yourself (why would they ask for help if they didn't need it?).

The "best" part of what the homeless told me is that they get fined for typical homeless stuff (it's illegal to sleep outside).
    Then if they can't pay, they get hit with additional costs, which often become higher than the original fine.
    Then if they still don't pay, they get locked up in prison, and if they still don't pay, they eventually do get released, but then can be locked up again, as they still haven't paid...

I once read about a cop taking the jacket of a homeless man, but there was no outrage...
    I will agree with you there. However, they're generally not one of the groups that are protected by the government.
    "I am a bird"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.