Thread: Helsinki-Meatless?

Helsinki-Meatless?

Nov 4, 2021 2:11 PM EDT

Finland’s capital city to go mostly meat-free to reduce carbon footprint

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/live-up...rbon-footprint

I predict San Francisco, CA will be the first US city to follow along.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *Except people
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Nov 4, 2021 2:11 PM EDT

Finland’s capital city to go mostly meat-free to reduce carbon footprint

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/live-up...rbon-footprint

I predict San Francisco, CA will be the first US city to follow along.
    Considering how much SF depends upon dining for their economy, it would be hard to see SF do that.

But it's not unimaginable. Considering the officials in SF regularly shoot themselves in both feet, it's only a matter of time until they put the gun to their own heads.

Therefore, my prediction would be for Berkeley to be the first.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

When they talk about reducing the carbon footprint, they are referring to us.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"Let them eat tofu."

LMAO

According to the article linked in the OP, the policy only applies to "seminars, staff meetings, receptions and other events" hosted by the city government, and "excludes school and workplace cafeterias run by the city". The policy "also allows deviations for certain 'high-level visits or similar events' organized by [the] Helsinki Mayor [...] or the city’s senior managers" - and "The mayor [...] said he was glad the city retains the option of serving meat on some occasions. 'For example, should the king of Sweden arrive for a visit, then domestic game can be offered' [he said]"

So it appears that the policy only really applies to the cog-drones who work for the city government, and not the higher-ups or even the general public.

IOW: Looks like this is little more than an empty, virtue-signalling, and masturbatory nothingburger soyburger.

Of course, that's often how these things start. But it's not necessarily how they end ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-05-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Considering how much SF depends upon dining for their economy, it would be hard to see SF do that.

But it's not unimaginable. Considering the officials in SF regularly shoot themselves in both feet, it's only a matter of time until they put the gun to their own heads.

Therefore, my prediction would be for Berkeley to be the first.
    Ah, forgot about Berzerkley. And of course there will be a tax on meat and anything else that is not carbon neutral.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!