Thread: 2,500 Turn Up to See Paul in Missouri

2,500 Turn Up to See Paul in Missouri

With these kind of crowds, I find it hard to believe Paul has yet to win a state....

"Can't get healthcare to our old people, can't educate our young people, but we can bomb the sh*t out of your country alright" - George Carlin

"We're in two wars that are costing us trillions of dollars. Those trillions of dollars should have been left in the economy to build jobs and produce prosperity here at home" - Ron Paul

"We spend 1.5 trillion dollars overseas in wars we don't need to be in and we need to cut there. And then put that money back into our economy here." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They don't vote. 2,100+ last night at the University of Kansas and 173 voted.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    I'm sure not all 2,100 came from the same county...

The crowd looks middleaged with some elderly sprinkled in. Unless they don't like Ron's message.

There is only one Dr Paul. The man is simply amazing and I love him in a not gay kind of way!

we came in third in NV but it sounds like we are doing pretty well on delegates. Check out some of those threads. Don't discount this sort of enthusiasm, it is why Ron can, and the others not backed by the party machine can NOT work the delegate moves.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I was there. Was an honor to hear the good doctor.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gravik View Post
    With these kind of crowds, I find it hard to believe Paul has yet to win a state....

Paul's supporters do everything imaginable under the sun to show their support (rallies, sign waves, blimp..whatnot), but don't vote. Other candidates' supporters don't do any of the tacky stuff, but come out en masse to vote.

Guess who has the better supporters?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    Paul's supporters do everything imaginable under the sun to show their support (rallies, sign waves, blimp..whatnot), but don't vote. Other candidates' supporters don't do any of the tacky stuff, but come out en masse to vote.

I would love to offer an argument, but the facts just won't support it.

It all seems so counterintuitive. I just don't get it. I never will.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post

Hmmm, from a logical perspective, "better" != "more". We do have better supporters, but we need to reach out to a larger base - and unfortunately, we're not buddy-buddy with CNN/Fox/etc, so getting that broad base won't happen very quickly. There are just too many of those blind GOP sheeple, who can only get their opinions from the TV and do minimal research on the candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    I would love to offer an argument, but the facts just won't support it.

It all seems so counterintuitive. I just don't get it. I never will.
    The only other explanation is fraud...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    A majority of them were probably from that very school.

interesting crowd to say the least. lots of youth and it seemed to me a lot of non-republican types. the two ladies behind me were definitely disgruntled dem's. I overheard one say to the other "well, i don't think he's that pro-life" and i didnt want to interject, because, of course, i think she was persuading her friend.

during the QnA one student (i presume she was a student) asked dr. paul about the birth control mandate, and his answer was, you guessed..... those who use the birth control should be the ones to pay for it. Got a good reaction. I think, overall, the speech was very good. I've seen him speak twice. Today and at CPAC '11. I think this was the better of the two.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Exactly.. All of these people will vote, the only problem is they come from far and wide to hear the Doc speak. I was at Lindenwood to hear his speech today and it was one of his better ones... I met several people who were from 100+ miles away, stop expecting that everyone who shows up to hear him speak should represent that particular counties numbers... it's not realistic, because people come from all over to hear the man and see the man, while most of the locals have 0 clue that he is even there. Sad but true.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinFrom1776

A majority of them were probably from that very school.
    Nah.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinFrom1776

Video from Springfield, MO

And what a joy to come visit the town where I grew up...and see the largest crowd for Ron Paul, I've ever seen at an event!
    More pictures are here: http://iroots.org/2012/03/10/ron-pau...pringfield-mo/

My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the photos. Chances are a good portion of this crowd traveled from all over the state to be there. I want to say is that a majority of them have only shown up to brag about seeing Paul in person and won't vote, but that's just my cynicism talking.

Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post
    Video from Springfield, MO

And what a joy to come visit the town where I grew up...and see the largest crowd for Ron Paul, I've ever seen at an event!
    More pictures are here: http://iroots.org/2012/03/10/ron-pau...pringfield-mo/
    Earlier in the day in St Charles, MO at Lindenwood Univ; didn't see it posted anywhere. Part of the Q&A at the end of the speech is included,

(part 1)

(part 2)

meanwhile the grinch gets headlines for having a "couple hundred" at an event....I bet they even stretched the headcount for him.

FU Media we will win without you and the sheep that follow. Then you have to watch your backs because we will come for you lying bastards
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito