Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else find it really odd being on the same side as Lindsey Graham?

I wonder how much Phil got for selling out.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Evidently you did not bother to read my posts in full. I am not some huge fan of Republicans but from what I am seeing the Democrats and their news media are the ultimate extreme enemy at this point.
    In other words, you're right back where you started prior to September 2007 and haven't learned a single damn thing. Sad.

If I have some greater liberty under the Republicans where we can make inroads and alliances from within I will take it over your choice of surrender.
    Notice you said "under". Because that's exactly where they want you. "Under" their control. Kept on their reservation. Both parties survive because of your brand of surrender. Surrendering your balls, your principles, your mind to their two-party duality principle.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I wonder how much Phil got for selling out.
    How much does Xi pay you?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

In other words, you're right back where you started prior to September 2007 and haven't learned a single damn thing. Sad.

Notice you said "under". Because that's exactly where they want you. "Under" their control. Kept on their reservation. Both parties survive because of your brand of surrender. Surrendering your balls, your principles, your mind to their two-party duality principle.

There is some truth to that meme however I live in reality. Imagining that I am free and wishing to live free is not going to make it happen.

I learned that we will never have greater liberty by surrendering and that libertarians are being conditioned by the establishment to surrender. We will never experience greater liberty in our lifetimes by surrendering.

Rand, Amash and some others understand this. They are working within the Republican party and forming alliances when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ah and here I thought it was the establishment telling him to surrender.

Lame shill, lame. Everyone knows you're a shill. How does it feel to be utterly exposed all of the time and not even any good at it? I'd ask how it feels to be a traitor but you're not American so it would be pointless. Your employer should fire you and hire someone that's halfway decent.

ah and here I thought it was the establishment telling him to surrender.
    China is part of the establishment.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Lame shill, lame. Everyone knows you're a shill. How does it feel to be utterly exposed all of the time and not even any good at it? I'd ask how it feels to be a traitor but you're not American so it would be pointless. Your employer should fire you and hire someone that's halfway decent.
    Stop talking to yourself.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Evidently you did not bother to read my posts in full. I am not some huge fan of Republicans but from what I am seeing the Democrats and their news media are the ultimate extreme enemy at this point.

If I have some greater liberty under the Republicans where we can make inroads and alliances from within I will take it over your choice of surrender.
    Hey, devil21 claims he is a small "L" purist. To wade into this is to muddy our snow white stocking feet. We can't take a position about a specific issue. One that is so libertarian perfect as "every man is presumed innocent."
    Christ, to him and PierzStyx, even mentioning it sullies Ron Paul name. Becaue Ron was all about ancap.
    To be a true believer you simply. can. not. participate. in. politics. Ever. Can't have an opinion. Ever. Unless it is the opinion that there should be no government. Ever and period.
    It's a load of crap. And it separates those that believe in liberty from those that call themselves libertarians.

Stop talking to yourself.
    Perfectly demonstrating my point of how utterly terrible you are at shilling. 3rd grade retorts from a 3rd grade mind. Your prepackaged post feed doesn't contain prepackaged insults too? That seems like a major oversight!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're the shill. How does it feel for YOU to be exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hey, devil21 claims he is a small "L" purist. To wade into this is to muddy our snow white stocking feet. We can't take a position about a specific issue. One that is so libertarian perfect as "every man is presumed innocent."
    Christ, to him and PierzStyx, even mentioning it sullies Ron Paul name. Becaue Ron was all about ancap.
    To be a true believer you simply. can. not. participate. in. politics. Ever. Can't have an opinion. Ever. Unless it is the opinion that there should be no government. Ever and period.
    It's a load of crap. And it separates those that believe in liberty from those that call themselves libertarians.
    It is a tactic designed to keep those who believe in liberty from ever accomplishing anything.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Perfectly demonstrating my point of how utterly terrible you are at shilling. 3rd grade retorts from a 3rd grade mind. Your prepackaged post feed doesn't contain prepackaged insults too? That seems like a major oversight!
    You fit that description better than I do.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You're really going to demonstrate your commitment to libertarianism by running back to the same Republican party that stomped all over Ron Paul and all of his supporters? Broke people's limbs at conventions because they were going to LOSE the convention? Turned the lights off? Run back to the same Fox News that called us all crazy terrorsts and excluded Ron from debates and polls? You're going to "participate" by running back to the same people? Wow, Stockholm Syndrome writ large and battered wife syndrome all wrapped up together!

It is a tactic designed to keep those who believe in liberty from ever accomplishing anything.
    Swordsmyth's definition of "Accomplishing" is selling out to the Zionists like he and Phil has. The Republican Party made it very clear before that we were never going to be allowed to "accomplish anything" except give them money and vote for their chosen candidates.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-28-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Swordsmyth's definition of "Accomplishing" is selling out to the Zionists like he and Phil has.
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You're really going to demonstrate your commitment to libertarianism by running back to the same Republican party that stomped all over Ron Paul and all of his supporters? Broke people's limbs at conventions because they were going to LOSE the convention? Turned the lights off? Run back to the same Fox News that called us all crazy terrorsts and excluded Ron from debates and polls? You're going to "participate" by running back to the same people? Wow, Stockholm Syndrome writ large and battered wife syndrome all wrapped up together!

Swordsmyth's definition of "Accomplishing" is selling out to the Zionists like he and Phil has.
    Unlike Ford, Ramirez or Swetnick, there is actually a witness, Swordsmyth, to my testimony. You're a member of the "Do Nothing" party. All you can do, much like PierzStyx, is criticize and obfuscate.
    How much does it cost to join the "Do Nothing" party? Perhaps Brian can get you a tag much like the "I stand with Rand" one. Should we petition him? Perhaps we can organize a money-bomb?
    Perhaps it's own header under the "activism" page?
    Last edited by phill4paul; 09-28-2018 at 12:30 AM.

Unlike Ford, Ramirez or Swetnick, there is actually a witness, Swordsmyth, to my testimony. You're a member of the "Do Nothing" party. All you can do, much like PierzStyx, is criticize and obfuscate.
    How much does it cost to join the "Do Nothing" party? Perhaps Brian can get you a tag much like the "I stand with Rand" one. Should we petition him? Perhaps we can organize a money-bomb?
    Perhaps it's own header under the "activism" page?
    Actually I belong to the 'DO SOMETHING ELSE' party, not the 'DO THE SAME THING BUT EXPECT DIFFERENT RESULTS' party.

Btw, it's awesome how triggered y'all were by the Tyranny cartoon.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-28-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Actually I belong to the 'DO SOMETHING ELSE' party, not the 'DO THE SAME THING BUT EXPECT DIFFERENT RESULTS' party.

Btw, it's awesome how triggered y'all were by the Tyranny cartoon.
    Had to scroll up. Hadn't seen it. Meh, seen it before. Interesting that you assumed I had for this discussion. You are so superior you know EVERYTHING about me. $#@! off already, Dudley Do Nothing.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Had to scroll up. Hadn't seen it. Meh, seen it before. Interesting that you assumed I had for this discussion. You are so superior you know EVERYTHING about me. $#@! off already, Dudley Do Nothing.
    It's ok, I'm sure you can find a safe space somewhere to heal. Then go back to the same people for some more abuse. It'll be different this time, I promise.

It's ok, I'm sure you can find a safe space somewhere to heal. Then go back to the same people for some more abuse. It'll be different this time, I promise.
    Ahhh hhha. Your witticism and liberals witticism are exactly the same. Had a progressive tell me the same thing. Funny. "Safe space." C'mon man, I petitioned the elders of the site to get your "Do Nothing Ever" party going on the "activism" page. Least you can do is go there and approve of it. I mentioned you should be a major share holder in the enterprise. Well, you and PierzStyx.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    He is a snake! The only question to ask is what is he trying to get out of putting on this show.

That said, it was a pretty good show and was one of my favorite rings in this circus.
    My guess is he's trying to propel himself to the presidency in 2024. Theres no doubt this moment will be talked about again when hes runs for president.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Ahhh hhha. Your witticism and liberals witticism are exactly the same. Had a progressive tell me the same thing. Funny. "Safe space." C'mon man, I petitioned the elders of the site to get your "Do Nothing Ever" party going on the "activism" page. Least you can do is go there and approve of it. I mentioned you should be a major share holder in the enterprise. Well, you and PierzStyx.
    Phil, let me try to bridge the gap here... We're talking past each other on this when we should be allies.

Like with every TV show, there are plotlines that you see during the story and the plotlines you don't see that involve the business behind the programming (actor contracts, ad revenue, PR messaging, indoctrination of ideas, etc.).

With politics, this same thing holds true, however, there are real world implications to both. When you look at the substance of this latest controversy, you are absolutely correct. In everything you've said. One party is trying to ruin a man in order to gain power. It's despicable. It makes us all sick and we are disgusted at what is becoming of the country. We want to make sure that the party that is instigating this crap pays a price. Unfortunately, the other party is no better. Kavanaugh is just as swampy as the rest of them.

But if you look beyond the controversy-du-jour, and see it from the point of view of the programmers, it becomes clear that this whole thing is a fundraising gimmick for the November election. Both parties and the media are using whatever controversy they can to ensure good ratings, DNC/RNC fundraising (the emails are already flying), and to push people into one camp or the other. This is a fight over the power to control you and both parties want it. This is political sweeps week. If it weren't this Kavanaugh thing, it would have been something else. The game goes on.

Anyway, it seem silly to fight amongst ourselves when we're all right. It's just a matter of which aspect of this mess you're choosing to focus on.

The great thing about Ron Paul (a key figure in the "Do Nothing" party, I suppose) was that he got people to focus beyond the controversy-du-jour and to see the larger division game. I can't speak for the other posters, but what I've been trying to do is to keep people from falling into the trap of getting caught up in the show and pull back the curtain on the producers of the show. My fear is that people who were once awoken are being lulled back into a slumber by a compelling storyline. It may not accomplish much, but if we can't even keep people in RPF awake, what hope do we have for the rest of the nation?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Please friends... Lest you forget. They are all on the same side. Kavanaugh, Graham, Feinstein, all of them.

I know you watched a show today and it had big, huge government ratings. But this was sweeps week to get you ginned up for the month-long run into the off-year election.

This was a show. The two factions of the government party putting on a show for fundraising and to fight over the power they have over you. If you view this charade as a show, you won't "take a side". Ron Paul woke you up - don't fall back asleep. It's easy to get caught up in the show - it's entertaining and gives you much to talk about around the water cooler. But it's a show. Do you really think the Democrats believe this woman?? That they were sitting in the presence of a attempted rapist? I didn't watch the whole show, but did any of them call him despicable or a liar?? Or did they just want to delay things? Do you really think a Republican cares if he committed some act in high school?! Hell, they've all done worse.

It's a play fight over the power to control you. Every creature in that room wants that power. This ratings game is just another tool to get it. R vs D fundraising event.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Kavanaugh isn't my personal preference, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. He has the potential to reinforce the Heller decision and wreak havoc against the anti-gun forces nationwide.

Last edited by AuH20; 09-28-2018 at 06:02 AM.

I am not on the same side as Lindsey Graham. When I found out that Kavanaugh worked to help create the Patriot Act and that Bush was for him I knew I had to be at least not for him but certainly I am not on the same side either.
    Last edited by Working Poor; 09-28-2018 at 06:15 AM.

That's the problem.

Maybe this was the dilemma from the beginning? Trump wasn't going to get a better candidate through the judicial committee?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thete's a great deal of wisdom in this post. Inhope it gets taken to heart.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Thinking this over, this Lindsey is a weasel after power, pure and simple. He knows something. For whatever reasons, he senses that fighting for Trump's nominee is the way to attain it. Alliances may be changing. The next year may be interesting.
    Graham is vying for the AG's slot when Sessions leaves.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Phil, let me try to bridge the gap here... We're talking past each other on this when we should be allies.

Like with every TV show, there are plotlines that you see during the story and the plotlines you don't see that involve the business behind the programming (actor contracts, ad revenue, PR messaging, indoctrination of ideas, etc.).

With politics, this same thing holds true, however, there are real world implications to both. When you look at the substance of this latest controversy, you are absolutely correct. In everything you've said. One party is trying to ruin a man in order to gain power. It's despicable. It makes us all sick and we are disgusted at what is becoming of the country. We want to make sure that the party that is instigating this crap pays a price. Unfortunately, the other party is no better. Kavanaugh is just as swampy as the rest of them.

But if you look beyond the controversy-du-jour, and see it from the point of view of the programmers, it becomes clear that this whole thing is a fundraising gimmick for the November election. Both parties and the media are using whatever controversy they can to ensure good ratings, DNC/RNC fundraising (the emails are already flying), and to push people into one camp or the other. This is a fight over the power to control you and both parties want it. This is political sweeps week. If it weren't this Kavanaugh thing, it would have been something else. The game goes on.

Anyway, it seem silly to fight amongst ourselves when we're all right. It's just a matter of which aspect of this mess you're choosing to focus on.

The great thing about Ron Paul (a key figure in the "Do Nothing" party, I suppose) was that he got people to focus beyond the controversy-du-jour and to see the larger division game. I can't speak for the other posters, but what I've been trying to do is to keep people from falling into the trap of getting caught up in the show and pull back the curtain on the producers of the show. My fear is that people who were once awoken are being lulled back into a slumber by a compelling storyline. It may not accomplish much, but if we can't even keep people in RPF awake, what hope do we have for the rest of the nation?

I'd +rep this post 1000 times if I could. It's pure gold and deserves it and I truly hope that the wisdom expressed above will be taken to heart by all of us. Unfortunately, based upon decades of past experience, I sincerely doubt that it will be.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, when liberty finally is established here in America, and it will be, it will be in spite of the so-called "liberty movement," not because of it. The unwillingness of so many to learn the lessons contained in your words above is a big part of why that will be so.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

You may want to be apolitical, but rest assured politics will find you. That's where I sit with Kavanaugh. I don't like Kavanaugh and his scumbag friends, but if he can advance the ball forward, I'll tolerate him. Now we see if he can deliver.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast