Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McDonald's Says Goodbye Cashiers, Hello Kiosks

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    No healthy food at Mickey D?
    Contamination problem: McDonald's tainted salads have now sickened 163 people in 10 states - https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ter/806682002/

July 20, 2018

The number of people sickened by tainted McDonald's salads has jumped to 163 in 10 states. Three of the victims have been hospitalized.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said the problem is caused by the Cyclospora parasite that is transmitted in foods contaminated with fecal matter.

Last week, the number of cases was 61 people in seven states – 29 in Illinois, 16 in Iowa, seven in Missouri, three in Minnesota and two each in Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin.

An updated state-by-state breakdown wasn't immediately available.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Big whoop, wawa has had these things in use at hundreds of locations for over a decade.

I do not use mcdonalds .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I do not use mcdonalds .
    Do they let Injuns in?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Do they let Injuns in?
    They have no beer , buffalo burgers or firewater . Maybe none want in.
    Do something Danke

yeah, but kiosks can't pummel somebody for trying to steal some soda.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 07-26-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Kiosks will probably be linked to computer operated robots that will fill your free water for you. Soda refills will be acquired by simply revisiting the kiosk and rescanning your receipt.

How many kiosks have been assaulted by customers?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I hate these $#@!ing things and will not use them.

I also hate this new trend of table top devices, that dun you with noise, ads and games, have a camera and microphone that god only knows who is watching and listening, and then make you finger $#@! the fool thing to pay.

$#@! that, I pay top dollar to have a good meal with good service and that includes taking my order and handling the bill and not shoving surveillance literally, right in my face.
    How could you not like the food and germ encrusted "Ziosk" taking up space on your table while eating your mediocre meal at Chili's?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Human to human contact must be discouraged, lest the propaganda deluge be not as effective. Robots don't gossip, pass intel, lament life conditions, or voice displeasure at political or societal changes.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Is this all posturing the scare the public about actual rising wages? The guy says he's bummed about the threat to jobs and the kind of opportunity he had as a Grill Man. The kiosks are not grilling the burgers are they?

If I was a younger person starting out, this would make McDonalds more appealing actually because I've never liked the idea of being a cashier or dealing with the $#@! public.

As a customer, I regularly use the Self Checkouts at Walmart and would be fine with using this if I want a McBurger or Coffee.
    Actually, they are already working with fully automated restaraunts....to include cooking

This one does pizza (a few hundred per hour):

And as much as it makes some people get all butt hurt, automation will replace any job that is process based (around 43% of American jobs) and it's not that far away.
    Last edited by Intoxiklown; 08-08-2018 at 01:04 AM.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    Actually, they are already working with fully automated restaraunts....to include cooking

And as much as it makes some people get all butt hurt, automation will replace any job that is process based (around 43% of American jobs) and it's not that far away.
    The robots will prepare the food in giant kitchens, automated vehicles will deliver to the building and a drone will deliver it to your 200sqft agenda 21 condo. That way you'll never have to interact with other people. Won't it be fun living in a jail cell and by your own choice? Make no mistake, that is what they're working toward.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

She had me until the end.. half the fat, half the cholesterol? No thanks. How about less carbs?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

They've had machines that will cook your breakfast for a while:

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

yeah, but kiosks can't pummel somebody for trying to steal some soda.

same video with hilarious commentary

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    She's playing a character. See her other vids.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The robots will prepare the food in giant kitchens, automated vehicles will deliver to the building and a drone will deliver it to your 200sqft agenda 21 condo. That way you'll never have to interact with other people. Won't it be fun living in a jail cell and by your own choice? Make no mistake, that is what they're working toward.
    You're preaching to the choir, brother. I made my living for several years in robotic automation in conjunction with LEAN manufacturing implementation and later automation consulting and offered Ladder Logic work via the net from home. I had something of a "religious moment" one day and realized some of my pitch points about being able to eliminate labor premium as well as production cost per piece all the while boosting productivity was me just doing a good car salesmen tactic of using fancy words to say, "I make my living by $#@!ing people out of theirs'". That doesn't mean I judge other people who do the same line of work, nor that I oppose technology and free markets. It just means I had reached the point where I couldn't do it anymore.

And it's kind of funny that you describe the advances as a jail cell of our own choosing, because you're probably a lot more right than you intended. Unless some crazy breakthrough happens we'll never see it in our lifetime but with the way they are integrating advances over several fields it's only a matter of time before we'll have the ability to copy our brains digitally as to allow for people to upload themselves digitally. The first time I had that scenario explained to me was back in 2009 while I was in Germany attending a technician school through HESSAP. When I said I couldn't see someone actually choosing to die to facilitate becoming a digital being, and that's when he started pointing around at the people in the park and everyone of them had their face in a device.

It's freaky to think about, and worse it's sad when you realize that people will line up around the block for it when it comes. Digital immortality, with all senses being just as real as they are to you and I right now. And the ability to live whatever or whenever you want. The Star Wars universe, Star Trek, Conan the Barbarian, your childhood, old wife, ect. Able to download to a robotic form to interact with physical worlds if wanted/needed. Kids are literal drug addicts now with a game console....so imagine how the generation will be that is born in that tech being the norm.

I honestly take solace in the fact I won't be around to see man willingly discard our own humanity and call it "evolving to a higher form of life"
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

You're preaching to the choir, brother. I made my living for several years in robotic automation in conjunction with LEAN manufacturing implementation and later automation consulting and offered Ladder Logic work via the net from home. I had something of a "religious moment" one day and realized some of my pitch points about being able to eliminate labor premium as well as production cost per piece all the while boosting productivity was me just doing a good car salesmen tactic of using fancy words to say, "I make my living by $#@!ing people out of theirs'". That doesn't mean I judge other people who do the same line of work, nor that I oppose technology and free markets. It just means I had reached the point where I couldn't do it anymore.

And it's kind of funny that you describe the advances as a jail cell of our own choosing, because you're probably a lot more right than you intended. Unless some crazy breakthrough happens we'll never see it in our lifetime but with the way they are integrating advances over several fields it's only a matter of time before we'll have the ability to copy our brains digitally as to allow for people to upload themselves digitally. The first time I had that scenario explained to me was back in 2009 while I was in Germany attending a technician school through HESSAP. When I said I couldn't see someone actually choosing to die to facilitate becoming a digital being, and that's when he started pointing around at the people in the park and everyone of them had their face in a device.

It's freaky to think about, and worse it's sad when you realize that people will line up around the block for it when it comes. Digital immortality, with all senses being just as real as they are to you and I right now. And the ability to live whatever or whenever you want. The Star Wars universe, Star Trek, Conan the Barbarian, your childhood, old wife, ect. Able to download to a robotic form to interact with physical worlds if wanted/needed. Kids are literal drug addicts now with a game console....so imagine how the generation will be that is born in that tech being the norm.

I honestly take solace in the fact I won't be around to see man willingly discard our own humanity and call it "evolving to a higher form of life"
    We already live in a make-believe fairy tale of reality. Make-believe money, make-believe news, make-believe laws, make-believe leaders, etc. May as well go full bore and turn the make-believe reality into complete make-believe, where even the dog sitting next to me right now isn't real and just become pod people like in the Matrix.

If they ever achieve such tech (which I doubt) it will just create a digital simulation of you, the real you will be meeting your maker and trying to explain why you did such a stupid thing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If they ever achieve such tech (which I doubt) it will just create a digital simulation of you, the real you will be meeting your maker and trying to explain why you did such a stupid thing.
    Not everything can be digitized. E.g soul.

Not everything can be digitized. E.g soul.
    Even an atheist should know better, the "copy" of you in your brain will not flow into the computer, even if the computer version of you was sentient it would be like killing yourself to give birth to a digital child.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Even an atheist should know better, the "copy" of you in your brain will not flow into the computer, even if the computer version of you was sentient it would be like killing yourself to give birth to a digital child.
    The problem is digitization is lossy. Not an exact copy. Discussed earlier this year - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...d-be-digitized

The problem is digitization is lossy. Not an exact copy. Discussed earlier this year - www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?519001-Can-our-world-be-digitized
    Even if it were perfect it would still be a copy not the original.

We don't even understand what consciousness is so we can't even guess at how to actually transfer it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12