Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Largest medical fraud takedown in American history'

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Come on, I've been a member of Ron Paul forums since 2008 and your talking to me like I just fell off a turnip truck. What in the world gave you the impression that I didn't already know that the government does corrupt things like that, and that marijuana is perfectly safe? (and your grandmother is not better looking than me! )

You're lucky everyone in your family is healthy but it's probably due more to your genes, than anything else - just the luck of the draw. Some of us are born predisposed to certain diseases and there aren't always steps one can take which will alter that course.

Guys, I've read all the classic herbals, newer herbals, a couple recent books on herbal medicines, a bunch of old "materia medica"/Formulary/Dispensatory type books from the late 1800's/early 1900s, and looked into essential oils. I like the idea of natural medicines, but nothing in these books treats the kind of pain I'm thinking about.

When the pain is due to irreparable damage - when the disks in your spine finally flatten completely and dry up, and your vertabrae start growing osteophytes which choke your spinal cord and the nerves that branch off of it to other parts of your body - only an opiate helps. I'll settle for having only 1 or 2 (maybe 3?) good days out of the week if it keeps me from getting addicted.
    The disks in your spine do not have to flatten if you know how to take care of yourself and it's more than just herbs for illness.

Many diseases, including cancer, are caused from lack of oxygen. Almost everyone in the western world breathes backwards- w/o correct breathing your body cannot use oxygen as it is meant to.

And my grandmother is probably better looking than you- most people think she's 40- and she's also brilliant.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    We're probably not talking about the same idea in the matter of "prevention" and maintaining good health. I've known some pretty decent doctors but I have yet to see one teach how to naturally prevent anything.

And, the gov stops many "alternative" treatments. Like the Amish guy going to jail for 6 years for a slave that has hurt no one.

And Peace backatcha.
    Yeah, I should have said "no people are stopping you other than the goonerment goonsquad"... We have no argument here as to what a bunch of sheitheads they are...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I just did a search on largest lawsuits and guess what?? They weren't pharma related... Where do you get this stuff?? The "top 20" pharma lawsuits don't even add up to the tobacco suit...
    The following is a list of the 20 largest settlements reached between the United States Department of Justice and pharmaceutical companies from 1991 to 2012, ordered by the size of the total settlement. The settlement amount includes both the civil (False Claims Act) settlement and criminal fine. Glaxo's $3 billion settlement included the largest civil, False Claims Act settlement on record,[1] and Pfizer’s $2.3 billion settlement including a record-breaking $1.3 billion criminal fine.[2]
    Source.

Pharmaceutical Companies Causing 106,000 Deaths a Year

Quotes:

In fact, the drug industry now tops all other industries in the total amount of fraud payments for actions against the federal government under the False Claims Act.

In August of last year, the Bureau of Investigative Journalists also shed some much needed light on the vast corruption within the pharmaceutical industry. A large number of pharmaceutical companies are guilty of fraud, cover-ups of fatal side effects, and huge kickbacks paid to doctors.

A total of 19 drug companies also made AllBusiness.com’s Top 100 Corporate Criminals List for the 1990s. Charges run the gamut from international price-setting, illegal marketing, false claims, hiding serious problems with their drugs and, in one case (Ortho, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson), obstruction of justice and eight counts of persuading employees to destroy documents in a federal investigation.

Between those three sources alone, there’s no longer a shred of doubt that the pharmaceutical industry is officially the most crime-infested and crooked industry on the planet—at least in terms of criminal activities that are actually being caught, pursued and prosecuted. (For a running list of the most recent news on False Claims Act cases, see the Taxpayers Against Fraud site.)

Last edited by Created4; 07-16-2017 at 06:31 PM.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    Wait... I just used that same list of 20 pharma lawsuits in my last post to prove you wrong. Now you are trying to use it to prove you right??? Did you even read my post?? I stated that this list of 20 "largest" is not the largest suits in the world. Not even close. Add them all together and they don't even equal the ONE lawsuit against big tobacco. (You must have missed this point...)

But wait... One can claim they are the biggest "among pharma companies"... Yes, what exactly does that prove? I can present a list of biggest lawsuits against railroad operators. That's nothing more a list against railroad operators...

Without actually doing any research on it, I'd say the biggest crooks are the banking industry... but that's just me...

P.S. your deaths in 10 years graphic is "sourcing" JAMA 1998. Do you know that?? First I would question the "study" and second, that's some pretty old data...
    Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 07-16-2017 at 07:26 PM.

THIS ONE

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Attorney Tells All: How the U.S. Courts Shield Big Pharma from Liability

It’s not easy to sue Big Pharma. But, legal firm Baum Hedlund has been doing it for years. Unfortunately, as pharmaceutical deceit and side-effects grow, it’s getting exponentially more difficult. After all, using prescription drugs as prescribed is the top killer in the USA. I reached out to attorney Michael Baum to get a behind-the-scenes look at how this growing monster is shielded from liability by our court system. Baum generously agreed to share his candid insights. If you or a loved one are taking prescription meds — make sure you read this interview closely.

TPC #1: Does the court system protect the pharmaceutical industry from liability? If so, how?
    Mr. Baum: Yes. The court system has made it very expensive for claims to be made against pharmaceutical companies for injuries. For instance, drug lawsuits require expert testimony from a person with a related PhD and/or MD level education. Otherwise, the case may be thrown out before going to trial.

This makes suing drug companies pricey because the experts charge high hourly rates to offset the “cost” of going up against the same entities that pay for grants, lucrative industry jobs and coveted academic positions.

Furthermore, many judges now have gate-keeping authority to reject cutting-edge science that goes against the status-quo — what the rest of the scientific community “believes.” Drug companies are able to foster “established beliefs” with hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing aimed at physicians, medical journals, academic opinion leaders, and professional organizations of scientists. Once those marketed messages become pervasive, use of the drug becomes the standard of care. So overcoming that impression is like convincing a court the emperor is not wearing new clothes, which can be very difficult.

TPC #2: What are the ramifications of this conflict, on the average U.S. citizen?
    Mr. Baum: The expense itself can make bringing an individual case prohibitive. We now have to combine cases to spread the cost. Unfortunately, courts (and legislative actions) have whittled away using these class actions for drug injuries.They now say that each person’s damage is unique and not common across a class, even if they suffer the same injury, e.g. a heart attack.

Combining many claimants into lawsuits is still possible, but it requires enough similarly injured people to justify a consolidated action. Finding lawyers qualified and willing to take on the detailed investigation and pay out the expense of engaging experts is itself a big hurdle. Drug companies can afford to make lawsuits long and difficult, so financing such litigation with qualified, available lawyers can be a barrier to an average U.S. citizen pursuing a drug case.

There’s also the pill-popping culture that causes an additional barrier. Many injuries occur after a person has been prescribed a number of drugs. Separating out one drug’s effect from another adds another level of complication. Thus, many law firms and courts will reject cases unless it is clear that the likely culprit is one particular drug.

TPC #3: If a drug has been proven ineffective and dangerous in a court of law, why is it still on the market?
    Mr. Baum: A court is not the FDA, so it does not have the power to recall a drug. An individual court finding that the drug was not effective and harmful to one person may not indicate that there are others that may benefit from the drug. So court cases are not used to dictate what can or can’t be on the market.

Most drugs are essentially dangerous chemicals that have benefits that outweigh their risks. If court trials show that a warning was not adequate, labeling can be modified to address that.

In the context of pediatric prescribing of an antidepressant like Paxil or Celexa, litigation showed that the drugs did not out-perform placebo. It also showed that they doubled the risk of suicidal behavior. Eventually, the FDA required a black box warning about the risks, but the marketing and clinical experience of the placebo effect convinced many doctors to keep prescribing them. Plus, the studies proven false in litigation don’t necessarily end up getting corrected or withdrawn.

One such infamous study, Paxil 329, is still published and cited by other studies in favor of the drug, despite widespread recognition that it was ghostwritten and contained false information. Again, the marketing created the impression of safety and efficacy. A counter-marketing campaign has not occurred to correct the mis-impressions created by the initial marketing and ghostwritten articles.

TPC #4: How do drug companies get away with false advertising? Has a pharmaceutical company ever been convicted in court for false advertising?
    Mr. Baum: I guess the short answer is they get away with it until they get caught. Whistleblower cases and product liability lawsuits have exposed many fraudulent campaigns, resulting in large fines or verdicts. I think many of the methods used during the 90’s and up till recently (ghostwriting, bribing with dinners, entertainment tickets, trips, or opinion leader status) have been curtailed to some degree by such lawsuits.

As with many frauds, they are coated with some truth — they used self-funded and ghostwritten or controlled study results to promote benefits and minimize risks. Once published by cooperative journals, the studies can be circulated by sales representatives to physicians. It takes a while for the courts and scientific community to catch up with these tricks, if ever.

TPC #5: In your experiencing suing drug companies (whose dangerous drugs are APPROVED by the FDA) — would you say the FDA is doing its job at protecting patients?
    Mr. Baum: There are some elements of the FDA that are trying to protect consumers. Other factions consider the pharmaceutical companies to be their “clients” since the FDA is partially funded by the companies through the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA).

The volume of work the FDA must do to monitor the risks — with all the drugs already on the market, plus the drugs trying to get on the market — can result in subtle problems getting masked by “summaries” of data provided by the companies. In other words, an overworked FDA can end up simply relaying information spoon fed to them by Big Pharma. This is counter to what the FDA was set up for, which was to act as a non-biased third party to business interests.

TPC #6: Does a black box warning really have much influence over whether or not people choose to take the drug? (Does anyone even bother to READ those warnings?)
    Mr. Baum: A black box warning is a good step in the right direction. But it may not be enough to overcome the misimpression created by the massive marketing campaigns that preceded the black box warnings. This is a clear case of Mark Twain’s observation, “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

TPC #7: Is the lack of sufficient warning on medications the biggest problem here? Or is it that drug makers are allowed to sell products that require such warnings in the first place?
    Mr. Baum: Any medication may have risks that are worth taking for the needed benefits — antibiotics can prevent an infection from becoming fatal, but they adversely affect other useful bacteria in the gut. Adequate warnings with appropriate guidance make it possible for drugs with some harmful side effects to be used effectively and safely.

The problem I see is the excess influence of pharmaceutical money in the marketing, medical education, professional publications, public media direct-to-consumer advertising, political donations, and lobbyists. These have resulted in a system that enables drug dangers to go uncorrected too long at the expense of public health.

TPC #8: What do you personally believe needs to CHANGE about the pharmaceutical drug industry as a whole?
    Mr. Baum: I think it would be useful to stop direct-to-consumer advertising. The current media are too dependent on Pharma marketing dollars. Therefore, they are unable and unwilling to critically analyze proclaimed benefits and potential harms of drugs. This has crushed unbiased reporting and journalism. Intrepid reporters’ stories can end up not getting aired to protect the advertising income.

Further, pharmaceutical companies should not be allowed to fund “educational” dinners, seminars, or continuing medical education on drugs they have a profit motive to positively influence.

Ghostwriting of clinical trial results needs to be exposed. The patient data from clinical trials (with patient identifying information protected) should be available so that scientists can see what actually happened, not just the spin that the pharmaceutical marketing departments were able to maneuver into print.

Lobbyist armies should be curtailed to prevent excessive legislative influence. Approval boards and advisory committees should not have members on the payroll of pharmaceutical companies, directly or indirectly. Company documents obtained in litigation should be more easily made public, especially when they don’t involve actual trade secrets and would affect public safety.
    https://thepeopleschemist.com/attorn...ld-big-pharma/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I stated that this list of 20 "largest" is not the largest suits in the world. Not even close. Add them all together and they don't even equal the ONE lawsuit against big tobacco. (You must have missed this point...)
    Actually, you apparently missed this statement (or chose to ignore it):

Glaxo's $3 billion settlement included the largest civil, False Claims Act settlement on record,[1] and Pfizer’s $2.3 billion settlement including a record-breaking $1.3 billion criminal fine.[2]
    If you think a single lawsuit against a tobacco company, or railroad, etc. was larger and contradicts this, then supply the link/evidence.

P.S. your deaths in 10 years graphic is "sourcing" JAMA 1998. Do you know that?? First I would question the "study" and second, that's some pretty old data...
    Yes, it is old. It is much larger today. Hospital deaths due to medical errors alone is the 3rd leading cause of death in the U.S. according to multiple sources, so if you include deaths due to prescription drugs, the medical system is easily the leading cause of death in the U.S. today.

Hospital Errors are the Third Leading Cause of Death in U.S.

Death of Americans: The Medical System is Now the Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S.

Could Your Hospital be Killing You?

Is Medicine Really the Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, or the First?
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Actually, you apparently missed this statement (or chose to ignore it):

If you think a single lawsuit against a tobacco company, or railroad, etc. was larger and contradicts this, then supply the link/evidence.

Yes, it is old. It is much larger today. Hospital deaths due to medical errors alone is the 3rd leading cause of death in the U.S. according to multiple sources, so if you include deaths due to prescription drugs, the medical system is easily the leading cause of death in the U.S. today.

Hospital Errors are the Third Leading Cause of Death in U.S.

Death of Americans: The Medical System is Now the Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S.

Could Your Hospital be Killing You?

Is Medicine Really the Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, or the First?
    26 Billion against R.J. Reynolds Tobacco comes to mind. You add all 20 of your pharma cases above and they don't even come close. If you want to specify only "criminal" then the Glaxo one above was (something like) 1.6 billion for criminal penalty (but who's counting?) There are so many more cases in the billions all you have to do is google it if you want more...

Your JAMA reference is totally worthless. They give a number claiming "deaths" but the don't specifically say that the "deaths" came about by patients using their prescribed medicine AS DIRECTED or were people purposely using drugs not prescribed to them and dosing higher than instructions say?? I suspect these are very cooked numbers and the number of deaths attributed to drugs used as directed by a doctor are pretty small. We have over 15,000 patients and we know of no such cases. We have a "free" subscription to JAMA that comes to our office every month. It goes straight to the trash. There just isn't much good info there...

Hospital deaths due to medical errors the 3rd leading cause in the US?? Common sense tells you this is a fabricated number. "Based on an analysis of prior research, the Johns Hopkins study estimates that more than 250,000 Americans die each year from medical errors."... That sounds like another way of saying "Hell, we don't know but I'll shoot this huge number out there so we can get some press"...
    Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 07-16-2017 at 10:29 PM.

THIS ONE

26 Billion against R.J. Reynolds Tobacco comes to mind. You add all 20 of your pharma cases above and they don't even come close. .
    Here is again. I know this is hard for you to understand:

Glaxo's $3 billion settlement included the largest civil, False Claims Act settlement on record,[1] and Pfizer’s $2.3 billion settlement including a record-breaking $1.3 billion criminal fine.[2]
    These are single cases - not an entire industry. But if you wanted to change the argument to entire industries, I think you would come up short there as well.

So if you have a single lawsuit settlement larger than either one of these, please provide it.

Hospital deaths due to medical errors the 3rd leading cause in the US?? Common sense tells you this is a fabricated number.
    Depends how you define "common sense" then I suppose. I prefer facts.

These facts about hospital deaths are not even in dispute. Many sources have published them, and the one interviewed on the daytime TV show "The Doctors" at this link provided above, is with surgeon Martin Makary, M.D., M.P.H who serves as the co-director of The Johns Hopkins Quality and Safety Research Group (QSRG), and details his findings in his book Unaccountable: What Hospitals Won’t Tell You and How Transparency Can Revolutionize Health Care. Click on the link, watch the interview, and learn just how useless your "common sense" is.

You have provided no evidence whatsoever to back up your beliefs and "common sense," so continuing this discussion with your circular reasoning is fruitless.

Statin Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs A Giant Hoax; Add Just Four Days To Your Life

By Bill Sardi

July 17, 2017

What we now observe is a blistering condemnation of cholesterol-lowering statin drugs coming out of news sources in Great Britain with absolute silence on the subject from US-based news agencies.

The scathing denunciation of statin drugs emanates from The Pharmaceutical Journal in the UK that declares the cholesterol hypothesis of cardiovascular disease is “dead.”

The prevalent mantra that statins are “life-savers” and that “people will die” if they discontinue statins, as well as advice “everyone over 50 should be on a statin drug,” is based upon “cherry-picking” of the data say investigators. A review of 44 published trials of statin drugs finds among subjects taking statins to prevent heart attacks, these pills only add 4 days to one’s life!

Even the newly introduced evolocumab (Repatha), which is an injected drug that reduces circulating cholesterol by a whopping 60% only reduced the incidence of non-fatal heart attacks by 1.5%.

Hoax on humanity

The revelation that Big Pharma and its minions of medical journal editors and medical journalists have pulled off a giant hoax on humanity is an example of the growing realization of a cabal that continues to perpetrate medical falsehoods under the guise of science.

French researchers conclude it is possible “nobody benefits from statins.”

The Cochrane global network of researchers who analyze the risks and benefits of medicines calls for a “do not resuscitate” order on cholesterol as the cause of heart disease.” This means, bury the cholesterol paradigm now and forever. But again, this clarion call is coming from British-based news press.

Don’t expect a U turn anytime soon

Certainly such a ruse represents a whopper of a lie. About a quarter of Americans over 45 years of age take statins as pharmaceutical companies rake in billions of dollars in sales.

Will any of the recent revelations about statin drugs change the course of modern medicine? Will guidelines for medical care of patients who have experienced heart attacks and those who are at higher risk (primary prevention) be scrapped?

Investigators write in The Pharmaceutical Journal: “When looking at the totality of the evidence, the sobering results of these studies have left many doctors wondering whether the directive to lower LDL-C aggressively using pharmacotherapy has been misguided. ‘Big Pharma’ has certainly triumphed, yet the patients have not… Furthermore, contrary to reports about stopping statins as a consequence of media How Statin Drugs Reall... James B. and Hannah Yo... Best Price: $11.18 Buy New $14.97 scare stories about side effects resulting in thousands of heart attacks and deaths, there is no scientific evidence from registry data of a single person suffering such a fate.”

These investigators suggest the abandonment of cholesterol as the prevailing paradigm in modern medicine and replacement with “insulin resistance” as the true culprit behind cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity.

They claim correction of insulin resistance could prevent 42% of heart attacks. They put the blame on dietary practices, namely intake of refined sugars and refined carbohydrates (bread, pasta, cereals and rice). They lambast public health authorities for misdirected dietary guidelines.

The one Health journalist who dared to reveal all about statin drugs, Dr. Maryanne Demasi, was attacked for questioning the statin/cholesterol propaganda. Obviously, other intimidated journalists decided to fall in line and not speak out.

Statin drug profits

Statins as a class represent the world’s most successful selling drug. The first 14.5 years of marketing Lipitor, the world’s leading statin drug, generated $125 billion in sales. Lipitor was introduced in 1997.

Did the weight of the scientific evidence carry statin drugs to the top of the list in drug sales? Or was it influence peddling by the drug industry that buoyed statin drugs on Wall Street?

The prescription drug industry is reported to have spent $5.2 billion on advertising drugs directly to consumers in 2015. Lipitor: Thief of Memo... M.D. Duane Graveline Best Price: $6.88 Buy New $15.49

While conflict of interest disclosures are required for authors of published studies, the news media, which is the recipient of billions of dollars of advertising dollars from Big Pharma, has obvious conflicts of interest that go undisclosed, especially by ignoring the present breaking news emanating out of Great Britain over the ineffectiveness of statin drug.

The evening news on television in the US is virtually owned by pharmaceutical companies.

Should direct-to-consumer drug ads be banned?

The American Medical Association did call for a complete ban on direct-to-consumer advertising of drugs in 2015.

National Public Radio characterized direct-to-consumer drug advertising as “selling sickness.”

A recent article in the Los Angeles Times says direct-to-consumer drug advertising is a “bad idea that is about to get worse.” The article says burgeoning health care costs coincided with the green light given by the FDA in 1997 for these ads.

There has been talk in Congress for a couple of years now of eliminating financial incentives doctors have for prescribing the most expensive drugs, but nothing substantial has been done. Congress is likely to grandstand hearings but stop short of outlawing direct-to-consumer advertising altogether.

With Big Pharma spending $2.6 billion on lobbying Congressional representatives between 1998 thru 2012, bribery is alive and well in Washington DC. Do Congressmen recuse themselves from voting on pharmaceutical drugs or even disclose during hearings of their The Statin Damage Crisis Dr. Duane Graveline M.... acceptance of donations from the pharmaceutical lobby? Hell no! Congressmen ought to wear hats emblazoned with the names of their sponsors like winners of auto races do.

Big Pharma has also enlisted big-time professors at major medical institutions to endorse their products. For example, experts at top universities have been active in promoting new $1000/day cures for hepatitis C.

Recently it was revealed how drug companies gouge insurance pools. For example, a compound drug for gastroesophageal reflux that sells for $9027 was found be comprised of individual elements that cost $20. The two components for a $1471 anti-migraine drug were found to cost only $37 when purchased individually.

It’s even been suggested that the US government buy out a drug company to save money.

Will investment advisors begin to advise their clients to bet against Big Pharma’s stocks as Congress considers restrictions on the industry? Just wait till Big Pharma enters the marijuana market. Imagine the direct-to-consumer ads?
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/07/...gs-giant-hoax/
    There is no spoon.

Here is again. I know this is hard for you to understand:

These are single cases - not an entire industry. But if you wanted to change the argument to entire industries, I think you would come up short there as well.

So if you have a single lawsuit settlement larger than either one of these, please provide it.

Depends how you define "common sense" then I suppose. I prefer facts.

These facts about hospital deaths are not even in dispute. Many sources have published them, and the one interviewed on the daytime TV show "The Doctors" at this link provided above, is with surgeon Martin Makary, M.D., M.P.H who serves as the co-director of The Johns Hopkins Quality and Safety Research Group (QSRG), and details his findings in his book Unaccountable: What Hospitals Won’t Tell You and How Transparency Can Revolutionize Health Care. Click on the link, watch the interview, and learn just how useless your "common sense" is.

You have provided no evidence whatsoever to back up your beliefs and "common sense," so continuing this discussion with your circular reasoning is fruitless.
    I don't understand how a "liberty" type person can be so closed minded!! I cited a "single case" (R.J Reynolds - you even quoted it). Don't bother (again) quoting your 3 (three) cases that pale in comparison to it. Use a good search engine and you will find many many more.

You say you prefer "facts" and I've provided our own experience with thousands of patients over a period of 14 years (that's "facts"). Experiences are facts and someone who understands the fight against our liberty should be well aware of the tricks used in publications (like JAMA) to twist facts into propaganda. If you are so afraid of dying in the hospital I suggest that if you are injured and bleeding you don't go there... You will be so much safer...
    Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 07-17-2017 at 06:47 AM.

THIS ONE

Muslim Doctors Alleged Masterminds of Largest Medical Fraud in U.S. History: $1.3 Billion

By Geller Report Staff - on July 20, 2017

The U.S. Justice Department has arrested 412 nationwide for what its calling as the largest opioid prescription drug and health care fraud in all of U.S. history — totalling $1.3 billion in bogus dealings.

And guess what?

A group of Michigan doctors — Muslim Michigan doctors — have been fingered by investigators as the brains behind the scheme.

This isn’t something you’ll read in the mainstream newspapers.

Creeping Sharia has it, though:

Officials have made 412 arrests nationwide, including 56 doctors and targeting 200 clinics. …

Federal officials said a group of Michigan doctors was responsible for a major chunk of the scheme.

One of the clinics hit in the sting operations is in Farmington. Federal officials said the opioid epidemic is part of it, but the medical office and a number of others were set up specifically as a criminal enterprise to rip off Medicare.

Federal officers raided the Fisher Building Wednesday, and U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said their work accounted for 10 percent of the scam’s value.

“Six doctors in Michigan prescribed patients with unnecessary opioids, some of which ended up for sale on the streets,” Sessions said.

A physician group called Global Quality used to operate out of a Woodward Avenue office building.

A West Bloomfield man was named the ring leader.

Mashiyat Rashid is accused of being the ring leader in scamming Medicare for $164 million. Rashid had no problem displaying his significant wealth on Facebook, where pictures show him standing in front of a Bentley sedan and a corporate jet. He also has pictures of himself and a friend courtside at the NBA Finals.

Rashid is not a doctor, but the doctors named in the case are Joseph Betro, Spilios Pappas, Abdul Haq, Tariz Omar and Mohammad Zahoor.

Federal officials indicted suspects a week ago and they’ve already been arraigned.

More than 400 people across the country were charged Thursday for taking part in health care fraud and opioid scams including six Michigan doctors in connection with a raid Wednesday at the Fisher Building in Detroit.
    This is massive — historical.

And what’s sad is that while media outlets around the nation are reporting on the opioid scandal, they’re not focusing on the Muslim tie. They’re reporting as if the prescriptions were the problem.

Again, Creeping Sharia has more:

The six Michigan defendants are:

Mashiyat Rashid, of Oakland County – controlled, owned or operated Global Quality, Aqua Therapy, Tri-County Physicians, Tri-State Physicians, New Center Medical, National Laboratories, and Tri-County Wellness;

Yasser Mozeb, of Oakland County – allegedly received payments from Global Quality and Tri-County Wellness;
    Abdul Haq, of Washtenaw County, physician enrolled as a participating provider with Medicare for Aqua Therapy, Tri-County Physicians and Tri-State Physicians;

Joseph Betro, of Oakland County, physician enrolled as a participating provider with Medicare for Tri-County Physicians and New Center Medical;

Tariz Omar, of Oakland County, physician enrolled as a participating provider with Medicare for Tri-County Physicians.

Mohammed Zahoor, of Oakland County, physician enrolled as a participating provider with Medicare for Tri-County Physicians.

The defendants are charged with five counts of health care fraud and health care fraud conspiracy. Rashid and Mozeb are charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States and pay and receive health care kickbacks. Rashid is charged with money laundering, receipt of kickbacks in connection with a federal health care program and payment of kickbacks in connection with federal health care program.

Authorities say Rashid and his co-conspirators engaged in illegal kickbacks and billing for medically unnecessary joint injections, drug screenings and home health services.

Investigators believe Rashid’s companies’ fraudulently billed Medicare $126 million. Approximately $1.3 billion is believed to have been fraudulently billed in scams across the country.

Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette charged three people including two dentists with Medicaid fraud in connection to the massive healthcare fraud takedown.

More, Schuette charges 3 people, including 2 Michigan dentists, with Medicaid fraud

Najah Roumayah, 71, of West Bloomfield, and David Dickey, 67, of Camden, were both charged with Medicaid fraud-false claim. More News Headlines Federal agents raid offices at the Fisher Building on Wednesday, July 12, 2017, in Downtown Detroit.

Marie Denard, 31, of Macomb, was charged with 25 counts of Medicaid fraud-false claim and one count of false pretenses.

Roumayah allegedly billed Medicaid for dental services not performed between 2012 and 2016. Roumayah’s dental practice is located in Berkley, Michigan.
    http://pamelageller.com/2017/07/musl...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Sorry but I'm not gonna take Geller-Hater's word for anything- or Jeff Sessions.

And I am pretty certain there are doctor's all over the US that hand out opiates like they were M&M's; very convenient to finger 6 Muslims out of 400+ and accuse them of being the masterminds.
    There is no spoon.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Sorry but I'm not gonna take Geller-Hater's word for anything- or Jeff Sessions.

And I am pretty certain there are doctor's all over the US that hand out opiates like they were M&M's; very convenient to finger 6 Muslims out of 400+ and accuse them of being the masterminds.

https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com...edicare-fraud/

Your link is creepingsharia.wordpress.com- I'm sure they have no prejudices & are completely honest about muslims.

And where did those drugs come from? Big Pharma, who is making a fortune with compliant doctors and pushing everyone into becoming addicts. And, if anyone else should be blamed it should be the alphabets who fund drug runs all over the world from the ME to S. America-
    There is no spoon.

The boogeyman drugs came from the boogeyman Muslim. The war on ____ is justified, comrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    The boogeyman drugs came from the boogeyman Muslim. The war on ____ is justified, comrad.
    I think it's justified if you are looking at the right war. Right now the only ones fighting the war is Rand Paul. I know that there are probably cases out there where its completely justified, where opiates are the best and only option. I know that there are safer alternatives, because you can see in states where marijuana is legalized- opiate abuse plummets. What does that mean, who knows for sure, but I think its because there is a monopoly on pain. People are waking up to it, but the war on drugs is just one head to the hydra. I know how government works, it just doesn't. I think of it like the epi pen crisis, where people were dying because only one company could sell epi-auto injectors.

It turned out there were other options available that were even cheaper though. Ron Paul talked about it right away and said that people could just use a regular needle. Its like those stairs the guy built in his town for 550 that the state wanted to spend over 100X that. I just fail to comprehend that there isn't cheaper and more efficient alternatives, especially if the free market were involved in medicine. I would imagine if you inject the free market into healthcare we would have tons of non addictive alternatives, and maybe even cheap options for people who actually need it because NOTHING else works.

Even if all is true, it doesn't justify the "war on drugs". In this "report" it stated that Muslims put the law of Allah before the laws of man... DUH!!! So I put "God's law" and even "common sense" before the "laws of men". Laws of men are nothing but a bunch of words on paper written to empower the movers and the shakers and they have nothing to do with "good". In fact they are mostly BAD! Why would any sane person put the "laws of men" anywhere but at the bottom of the logical ladder on things to obey??

THIS ONE

Even if all is true, it doesn't justify the "war on drugs". In this "report" it stated that Muslims put the law of Allah before the laws of man... DUH!!! So I put "God's law" and even "common sense" before the "laws of men". Laws of men are nothing but a bunch of words on paper written to empower the movers and the shakers and they have nothing to do with "good". In fact they are mostly BAD! Why would any sane person put the "laws of men" anywhere but at the bottom of the logical ladder on things to obey??
    Oh I definitely agree. The war on drugs has always been the war on us. These Muslims are just scapegoats, IMHO. This opioid epidemic started with over prescribing pain meds to the point people got hooked on them. The CIA had the heroin in the wings to sell to these people who could not get pain meds.

Our troops are guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan for this very agenda.

Last edited by donnay; 07-23-2017 at 07:07 PM.

New Harvard Study Confirms Big Pharma & Federal Govt Root Cause of Opioid Epidemic

A new study published in the Harvard Law & Policy Review painstakingly describes how Big Pharma deception and federal government patenting have brought about the current U.S. opioid epidemic. As lawsuits pile up against pharma companies, this study confirms that for 20 years, the American public has served as the victim in a gargantuan scheme of money and power.

The study, titled The Opioid Epidemic: Fixing a Broken Pharmaceutical Market, gets right to the point in the introduction.

“In this article, we argue that non-rigorous patenting standards and ineffectual policing of both fraudulent marketing and anticompetitive actions played an important role in launching and prolonging the opioid epidemic. We further show that these regulatory issues are not unique to prescription opioids but rather are reflective of the wider pharmaceutical market.”

Researchers follow with a primer on the rise of opioid prescriptions and how pain became “the fifth vital sign.” By the 1990s, doctors realized that chronic pain was often ignored, and pain management became a hot topic. Physicians were urged to make greater use of opioids, with experts in the field downplaying the potential for misuse and addiction – a view largely based on experience with morphine.

But this was before OxyContin came along.

Purdue Pharma, recognizing that this newfound view of the medical establishment could be exploited, worked to develop an improved synthetic opioid. Their golden ticket was found with the extended-release oxycodone pill known as OxyContin, patented and approved by the FDA in 1995.

However, Purdue’s exclusive patent was based on corporate fraud and government ignorance.

“Purdue was able to patent extended-release oxycodone in the United States despite the fact that its constituent elements—the active ingredient oxycodone and the controlled-release system Contin—had been developed decades earlier…Oxycodone was used in clinical practice in Germany as early as 1917, and was first introduced in the United States in 1939.”

Purdue’s angle was to develop a controlled-release version of oxycodone, banking on its success with the patented MS Contin for morphine. Here’s where the feds stepped in to help.

The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) initially rejected Purdue’s patent request for extended-release oxycodone, citing the combination as “obvious.” But Purdue responded with a statistical falsehood – which the company knew was false – and the patent office made an about-face, granting the 20 year patent for OxyContin.

Since then, the cozy relationship between Big Pharma and government has grown, with the pharma industry spending almost a billion dollars in ten years on lobbying federal and state governments and campaign contributions.

As the Harvard study notes, “low patenting standards” and “a history of tepid enforcement” provided incentive for Purdue to embark on a massive, fraudulent marketing campaign. With the guarantee of no competition provided by government, Purdue spent obscene amounts of money getting American hooked on their newly-patented product.

“Between 1996 and 2000, the company more than doubled its U.S. marketing team…In 2001, Purdue paid forty million dollars in bonuses tied to extended-release oxycodone…Purdue also invested heavily in analytics, developing a database to identify high-volume prescribers and pharmacies to help focus their marketing resources…

Patients were offered starter coupons for a free initial supply of extended-release oxycodone, 34,000 of which were redeemed by 2001…Finally, Purdue hosted forty all-expenses-paid pain management and speaker training conferences at lavish resorts. Over five thousand clinicians attended, receiving toys, fishing hats, and compact discs while listening to sales representatives tout the alleged benefits of extended-release oxycodone…Purdue elevated the stakes, spending an estimated six to twelve times more promoting extended-release oxycodone than its competitor Janssen spent marketing a rival opioid…

Purdue’s efforts paid off. Between 1996 and 2001, extended-release oxycodone generated $2.8 billion in sales. From 2008 to 2014, annual sales exceeded $2 billion.”

It gets even worse.

As the patent expiration for OxyContin approached, Purdue developed an “abuse-deterrent formulation” of the drug, for which FDA granted a patent in 2010. Not satisfied with a simple new patent, Purdue filed a “citizen petition asking the FDA to refuse to accept generic versions of the original extended-release oxycodone formulation on safety grounds.” Incredibly, FDA also granted this to Purdue, “effectively preventing the marketing of low-cost, therapeutically equivalent products that might undercut Purdue’s incentive to continue to widely promote its new abuse-deterrent formulation.”

By the way, the “abuse-deterrent” OxyContin doesn’t really deter addicts, and it has fueled the explosive heroin epidemic as addicts seek out cheaper, black market alternatives. But Purdue is content making its billions off the patented drug.

While thousands of Americans die under a campaign of deception and greed, official Washington pretends to care with the occasional fine levied against pharma companies, including for false marketing by Purdue.

But no one ever goes to jail; no one in top management is ever held to account. The persons in “personhood” conveniently disappear when corporations get in trouble. And the fines? Mere pocket change compared to the revenues already made from the drugs involved.

“Rather than deterring fraudulent marketing, the penalties simply became a cost of doing business.”

The Harvard study provides much more insight into the fraudulent marketing practices of Big Pharma, the patent schemes enabled by federal government, how generic drugs are routinely stifled, and possible ways to address the injustice.

Some of the more sinister effects of the system include “hard switches” which force patients to go from one costly patented drug to another instead of generics. The use of “citizen petitions” by pharma corporations to slow generic drugs and keep prices high is a particularly insidious scheme.

The study notes that today, “Over four million Americans misuse opioids each month” at a societal cost of $80 billion annually. 300 million prescriptions were written in 2015 in the U.S., which has a population of 323 million. This is reflected in the fact that 80 percent of the world’s opioids are consumed in the U.S., which has 5 percent of the world’s population.

The misuse of opioids is a not a simple issue, and personal choice is of course involved. But the above numbers point to something much bigger going on.

As the Harvard study confirms, Big Pharma has exploited the enormous addiction potential of opioids to prey upon the American populace for decades — made possible by a federal government with blatant disregard for the well-being of citizens.
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/har...zen.yandex.com
    Last edited by donnay; 07-26-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    “In this article, we argue that non-rigorous patenting standards and ineffectual policing of both fraudulent marketing and anticompetitive actions played an important role in launching and prolonging the opioid epidemic. We further show that these regulatory issues are not unique to prescription opioids but rather are reflective of the wider pharmaceutical market.”
    Ya, so get rid of regulation and it solves the problem... You can make, sell, buy whatever you want whenever you want it (or not buy it...)

THIS ONE

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123