Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hindu extremist government bans beef in attack on Christianity and poor

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    WTF is this acronym?
    Political Party , I think the same one the Prime Minister belongs to .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Amen. Reminds me of the quote, "Animals are my friends, and I don't eat my friends."
    I don't "eat" Isaac the Dickchild from Science class who tried to smash a desk on my head but that doesn't mean he's my friend.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

George Szamuely
    So, today it is #Egypt, not US; #Syria, not Israel; #Iran, not UK & France, who act as the protectors of the Christians in the Middle East.

I like vegans and Hindu's!

The more there are the lower beef prices get...

They just need to keep their proclivities to themselves.
    Since India is mostly Hindu I would think that so called democracy is working there in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Since India is mostly Hindu I would think that so called democracy is working there in this instance.
    I wouldn't want to tell other people how to eat...

I wouldn't want to tell other people how to eat...
    Well too bad comrade, you are not the holy 51%
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

From what I have read, this law appears to be a nation-wide ban on the sale of cows for the purpose of slaughter for meat in agriculture marketplaces, but it does not ban killing cows one has raised or the private sale of cows for the purpose of slaughter.

I wouldn't want to tell other people how to eat, and think it is wrong to do that. I also think it is wrong to judge others, including for what they eat or who they kill by their eating (such as a cow), as I believe that judging is for God to do.

Additionally, I do not see much difference between killing or eating a human, and killing or eating a cow. In Hinduism, both killing humans and killing animals by eating meat are considered sinful (also known as bad karma or bad action), and are punished in the afterlife or through reincarnating (such as to become a cow on a meat farm). Because there is no nutritional need for meat in humans, the only reason to eat meat is for taste preference, and doing so kills a living being much like oneself so it is a values judgement on another's life. I think it is better to think it through and make the values judgement that you believe someone else's life (such as a cow's) is low value enough to kill for a flavor (not nutrition) and accept that and maybe hunt, than it is to never think about it and only get sterilized packages from the supermarket and be against hunting.

There are laws against killing humans already. I believe these laws exist not to protect society from breaking down, but because it is morally wrong to kill humans. Both humans and cows possess sentience, consciousness, a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain and suffer -- additionally, the soul is the animating force, and is the same whether it is currently in a human or cow body. I see the value to having no or minimal laws or rulers, but I also see the value life and of civilization from the Vedic perspective. Such a law should not affect the ability of those in poverty to obtain nutrients except in extreme climates, because plants are cheaper than meat and there is dairy.

This law does seem over-reaching and tyrannical in that it removes freedom... in the same way that murder laws do, and for the same reasons. It doesn't attack Christianity or the poor, because you don't need to eat cows to be Christian, and plants are cheap. I am not sure exactly how I feel about such a law because I don't like restrictions on freedom, but I do see it as moral in the same way that murder laws are, and I think laws against murder are good. This post might not be well received by people that I respect here, but I want to say that I respect you guys, especially AF and those who hunt and accept their diet's philosophy.
    Last edited by Yieu; 05-28-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: added stuff

Exactly what is wrong with "Democracy".
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    as long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields
    -Tolstoy
    There is a view that the karma from a nation keeping animal slaughterhouses is paid through its people dying in wars.

When I first started eating mostly vegetables I was basically trying to heal my digestive track. It h elped so much that I decided to go full vegan for about 20 years.

I confess I eat some eggs, butter sour cream, yogurt ect from an organic farm near me. I don't go to grocery stores very often but when I do I am often over whelmed by the smell of the meat department. I bet most people are unaware of it but the smell is a lot like how my breath taste the next day when I have the rotting flesh of some animal going thru my intestines. Do you have bad breath in the morning? If you do know that is the meat you ate the day before impacting your colon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yieu;
    There is a view that the karma from a nation keeping animal slaughterhouses is paid through its people dying in wars.
    I can see how they could draw that conclusion. Slaughter houses are terrible places I don't know how anyone but a serial killer could work in one.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Is this the same guy who drinks cow urine?
    Recall reading some old news about their prime minister drinking such "holy syrup" if I'm not mistaken.
    He probably does.

And a perfect example of how "democracy" is nothing more than tyranny of the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    He probably does.
    Ok. Whatever floats his boat I suppose.

Did quick google search, he doesn't appear as menacing from looks but apparently he had been implicated massacre of minorities in India before DGP embraced him and US media neocons started treating him as some sort of celeb.

In the name of the cow: Murder, flogging, humiliation of Muslims, Dalits

In Gujarat, the flogging of Dalits for skinning a dead cow has triggered spontaneous street protests, and circumstances that seemingly led to the resignation of Chief Minister Anandiben Patel.

Gujarat

July 11: Some 35 gau rakshaks attacked 7 Dalits in Mota Samadhiyala village of Una taluka in Gir Somnath district, accusing them of slaughtering a cow. Beat them with iron rods and sticks, kidnapped four Dalits and took them to Una, tied them to a car and flogged them publicly through the town. 7 Dalits were admitted to hospital. 5 gau rakshaks and a mob of 35 booked for attempt to murder and for subjecting SCs to atrocities. 31 persons, including two minor boys, held. Dalits have said they were merely skinning a dead cow.

Madhya Pradesh

Jan 13: Gau rakshaks thrashed a Muslim couple for objecting to their bags being searched at Khirkiya railway station. A bag from which meat was seized did not belong to them. Trial is on.
    Jan 28: Police and vigilantes raided home of Anwar Mev, office-bearer of BJP’s minority cell, in Tonk Khurd and allegedly recovered meat that they claimed was beef. Mev, 8 male relatives were arrested.
    Jul 26: 2 Muslim women beaten at Mandsaur railway station on suspicion of carrying beef. 4 men, 2 women seen assaulting the women in a video arrested.

http://indianexpress.com/article/exp...-govt-2954324/

Narendra Modi, a man with a massacre on his hands, is not the reasonable choice for India

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...minister-india

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Ok. Whatever floats his boat I suppose.

Did quick google search, he doesn't appear as menacing from looks but apparently he had been implicated massacre of minorities in India before DGP embraced him and US media neocons started treating him as some sort of celeb.

In Gujarat, the flogging of Dalits for skinning a dead cow has triggered spontaneous street protests, and circumstances that seemingly led to the resignation of Chief Minister Anandiben Patel.

Gujarat

July 11: Some 35 gau rakshaks attacked 7 Dalits in Mota Samadhiyala village of Una taluka in Gir Somnath district, accusing them of slaughtering a cow. Beat them with iron rods and sticks, kidnapped four Dalits and took them to Una, tied them to a car and flogged them publicly through the town. 7 Dalits were admitted to hospital. 5 gau rakshaks and a mob of 35 booked for attempt to murder and for subjecting SCs to atrocities. 31 persons, including two minor boys, held. Dalits have said they were merely skinning a dead cow.

Madhya Pradesh

Jan 13: Gau rakshaks thrashed a Muslim couple for objecting to their bags being searched at Khirkiya railway station. A bag from which meat was seized did not belong to them. Trial is on.
    Jan 28: Police and vigilantes raided home of Anwar Mev, office-bearer of BJP’s minority cell, in Tonk Khurd and allegedly recovered meat that they claimed was beef. Mev, 8 male relatives were arrested.
    Jul 26: 2 Muslim women beaten at Mandsaur railway station on suspicion of carrying beef. 4 men, 2 women seen assaulting the women in a video arrested.

Narendra Modi, a man with a massacre on his hands, is not the reasonable choice for India

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...minister-india

He is literally Damien from The Omen. The only reason the $#@!tard diaspora communities over here support him is because they watch propaganda news channels.

Black market for beef to emerge in 3... 2... 1...

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And a perfect example of how "democracy" is nothing more than tyranny of the masses.
    You accept your own cultural norms and prohibitions without percieving them - like a fish doesn't think about water.

Then you say 'look at those weird birds! They can't breathe water like us normal creatures do!"

Cultural norms and prohibitions are about much more than 'democracy'. They are as much a part of a people as their language and music.

I could elaborate with many examples but I'm not sure it would be a productive effort.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I understand what you are saying truly I do. As I get older it seems like I have become so sensitive about killing. I have never liked killing. I feel bad for cows and other mass slaughtered animals. The longer I go without eating their flesh the more it seems I can feel how they feel. I think hunting for your food is vastly different than going to the super market and buying your cut up packaged meat not knowing how that animal was treated or what it was fed or injected with.

I don't want to condemn anyone. I know how terrible government power is but, I also hate slaughter of any living thing. I don't understand what the consequences will be for India and it's people to have this law. I do know that governments hurt people more than they help them.

From what I know of Hinduism people believe that loved ones incarnate into animals when they die. I am not sure if I have that concept right or not but, I can see how Hindus might support a law banning the sale of meat in the market. It is my understanding that Hinduism is the dominate religion in India followed by Buddhism the Abramhamic religions are a minority.

I love cows they are so sweet I am glad that somebody has banned their mass slaughter.
    What is your view on other animals consumed by humans. Would you support ban & punishments like these for people who torture/kill fish and chicken also?
    What should be punishment in your view for those who kill goats for food?

Gujarat

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    From what I have read, this law appears to be a nation-wide ban on the sale of cows for the purpose of slaughter for meat in agriculture marketplaces, but it does not ban killing cows one has raised or the private sale of cows for the purpose of slaughter.

I wouldn't want to tell other people how to eat, and think it is wrong to do that. I also think it is wrong to judge others, including for what they eat or who they kill by their eating (such as a cow), as I believe that judging is for God to do.

Additionally, I do not see much difference between killing or eating a human, and killing or eating a cow. In Hinduism, both killing humans and killing animals by eating meat are considered sinful (also known as bad karma or bad action), and are punished in the afterlife or through reincarnating (such as to become a cow on a meat farm). Because there is no nutritional need for meat in humans, the only reason to eat meat is for taste preference, and doing so kills a living being much like oneself so it is a values judgement on another's life. I think it is better to think it through and make the values judgement that you believe someone else's life (such as a cow's) is low value enough to kill for a flavor (not nutrition) and accept that and maybe hunt, than it is to never think about it and only get sterilized packages from the supermarket and be against hunting.

There are laws against killing humans already. I believe these laws exist not to protect society from breaking down, but because it is morally wrong to kill humans. Both humans and cows possess sentience, consciousness, a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain and suffer -- additionally, the soul is the animating force, and is the same whether it is currently in a human or cow body. I see the value to having no or minimal laws or rulers, but I also see the value life and of civilization from the Vedic perspective. Such a law should not affect the ability of those in poverty to obtain nutrients except in extreme climates, because plants are cheaper than meat and there is dairy.

This law does seem over-reaching and tyrannical in that it removes freedom... in the same way that murder laws do, and for the same reasons. It doesn't attack Christianity or the poor, because you don't need to eat cows to be Christian, and plants are cheap. I am not sure exactly how I feel about such a law because I don't like restrictions on freedom, but I do see it as moral in the same way that murder laws are, and I think laws against murder are good. This post might not be well received by people that I respect here, but I want to say that I respect you guys, especially AF and those who hunt and accept their diet's philosophy.
    most Hindus eat meat.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Having spent time in India , I was pretty well convinced they are mostly whack a doodles . Those nut jobs have nuclear weapons too .
    Do something Danke

I can just imagine going through customs when entering that country. "Where's the beef?"

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    most Hindus eat meat.
    Vaishnavas don't eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    Vaishnavas don't eat it.
    So?

Krishna is worshipped as the supreme god by many followers of the Aryan
    Vaishnava religion. This eminent personality had 16,000 wives and many
    affairs with the cow-herdesses (gopis), who were the wives of other
    men. The worst aspect of this supposed `god', however, is that `Lord'
    Krishna lived in incest with his sister Subhadra ! Not only that, he
    shared her with his brother Balarama [ Mah.wh.153 ]. So one big family
    of incest ! The Mahabharat clearly mentions this in its oldest extant
    versions.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    So?
    I'm going to need a chapter and verse on that "worst aspect" of God claim. When I tried to search on it, the quote below is all I could find. I feel confident that line about God is not true, unless you can cite the chapter and verse. Because there is only one God, I believe that if someone criticizes Krishna, they are criticizing the God of the Bible.

http://www.hindunet.com/forum/ubbthr...d_Subhadr.html

I ask the same question again + again...
    reference ? reference ? reference ?

The supposed reference the Dalits give is (Mah.wh.153)

This prob does NOT refer to the Mahabharat.. Most books seem to abbreviate Mahabharata as MBh or MB (minor point, I know)

Secondly, what does "wh" refer to ??? The sections in the Mahabharata are called "Parvas", of which there are 18 :
    Adi, Sabha, Vana, Virata, Udyoga, Bhishma, Drona, Karna, Salya, Sauptika, Stri, Shaanti, Anushaasana, Ashwamedika, Ashramavaasika, Mausala, Mahaprasthaanika, and Swargaarohana. I really cannot see the connection with "wh".

There are "upa-parvas" or subsections within each parva, but again besides the "vihidronaka parva" which is NOT about Krishna nor Subhadra, no other subsection is likely to be abbreviated by "wh" (which are an unusual combination of letters to use in d transliteration of Sanskrit).

Does 153 refers to the verse or chapter ? If it refers to the chapter, then this makes no sense as the "wh" will refer to a Parva (which cannot be - see my argument above). If 153 is the verse number then this is even more ludicrous as a reference of a verse without a chapter !

I have read the original Mahabharata (Hindi trans by Gita Press) upto Virata Parva (book 4). I DID NOT come across the incestuous rel. (Beleive me, I would remember).
    The subsequent Books that I have yet to read are more concerned with the war. I doubt it will contain forbidden love scenes.

Hindus (or those that profess to be ) should read the original scriptures and not rely on others' quotes or interpretations. A while ago I remember a Muslim clerik tried to tarnish the reputation of Rama by saying that Rama had harems full of women and had more than 1 wife. He claimed to quote verses from the Ramayana. When I went back to my faithful Ramayana, as true as blue, the verses quoted were completely different and on further reading there was no suggestion at all of the accusations.

Take everything with a pinch of salt. It really enhancers the flavour of one's quest...
    Propaganda remains just that.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Black market for beef to emerge in 3... 2... 1...

Why didn't I think of that?

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    The older I get the less sensitive I get about killing it seems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast