Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forward-A Third Political Party

Forward-A Third Political Party

While I'm all in favor of third parties this one doesn't excite me.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive...223654665.html

Exclusive-Former Republicans and Democrats form new third U.S. political party

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) -Dozens of former Republican and Democratic officials announced on Wednesday a new national political third party to appeal to millions of voters they say are dismayed with what they see as America's dysfunctional two-party system.

The new party, called Forward and whose creation was first reported by Reuters, will initially be co-chaired by former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang and Christine Todd Whitman, the former Republican governor of New Jersey. They hope the party will become a viable alternative to the Republican and Democratic parties that dominate U.S. politics, founding members told Reuters.

Party leaders will hold a series of events in two dozen cities this autumn to roll out its platform and attract support. They will host an official launch in Houston on Sept. 24 and the party's first national convention in a major U.S. city next summer.

The new party is being formed by a merger of three political groups that have emerged in recent years as a reaction to America's increasingly polarized and gridlocked political system. The leaders cited a Gallup poll last year showing a record two-thirds of Americans believe a third party is needed.

The merger involves the Renew America Movement, formed in 2021 by dozens of former officials in the Republican administrations of Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush and Donald Trump; the Forward Party, founded by Yang, who left the Democratic Party in 2021 and became an independent; and the Serve America Movement, a group of Democrats, Republicans and independents whose executive director is former Republican congressman David Jolly.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    cant wait to see the platform , i'm guessing it will not include end the fed.
    Do something Danke

Hate Coke? Hate Pepsi? Good news! Coke and Pepsi are cooperating in a bipartisan manner to offer you something new--Coksi!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The new Forward Party reminds me of the Progressive Party ("Bull Moose Party") from 1912.

In 1912 the "Bull Moose Party" was created to split the Republican vote to force William Howard Taft to lose.
    The Democrat Woodrow Wilson was able to win because of this.

Is history repeating with the target being Trump this time?
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

Trump? Desantis? Someone else? Anyone else, as anyone could defeat Biden?

Doesn't scan. What does is, they want to control the opposition. They want to maintain their monopoly, and that means being every alternative.

The fact that this popped up shortly after the Mises Caucus wrested control of the LP from them doesn't look like a coincidence. I can't help but notice that this creature seems to be designed to steal votes from either of the two major parties, so it would be just as useful for splitting Tulsi Gabbard's votes as Rand Paul's.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-28-2022 at 07:50 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Trump? Desantis? Someone else? Anyone else, as anyone could defeat Biden?

Doesn't scan. What does is, they want to control the opposition. They want to maintain their monopoly, and that means being every alternative.

The fact that this popped up shortly after the Mises Caucus wrested control of the LP from them doesn't look like a coincidence.
    The Establishment doesn't like that Trump basically controls the Republican Party so they want to split the Republican Party to reduce his power.

That makes more sense.
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post
    The Establishment doesn't like that Trump basically controls the Republican Party so they want to split the Republican Party to reduce his power.

That makes more sense.
    Not to me.

Read the part I edited to add.

Not to me.

Read the part I edited to add.
    The Mises Caucus and the Libertarian Party has virtually no power in the elections. They are not a threat to anyone. Trump, however, is a threat.

I find it interesting that the Renew America Movement has Lisa Murkowski and Liz Cheney in their ranks. Yikes.

The Forward Party will be a who's who of RINO Republicans.
    Last edited by WisconsinLiberty; 07-28-2022 at 08:02 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The Mises Caucus and the Libertarian Party has virtually no power in the elections. They are not a threat to anyone. Trump, however, is a threat.
    A threat to whom? The architect of OWS, the guy who conspired with Pelosi to suspend the Constitution, the guy who appointed 9iu11iani to torpedo the investigation into the 2020 election, is a threat to whom?

The closest thing to evidence I can find that Trump controls the GOP or that the Establishment doesn't like it is the MSM saying so. And the more they say something, the less I believe it.

As for the LP, I offered that mainly as an example of their desire to take charge of all possible opposition. If they can't own the opposition, they'll try to steal its membership.

When the media sets out to convince me that Everything Is Always About Trump, I ask, "Who are they really after?" Reagan displayed plenty of antipathy toward the media, and vice versa. This worked to Reagan's benefit, and then some. Anyone who thinks for a second that the Establishment didn't notice, or hasn't studied the phenomenon closely for the last 42 years to see how to use it to their advantage, is a fool.

Everything is not always about Trump. When I see that RAM and SAM were folded into this, it makes me think this is mainly about splitting the vote of anyone in Congress that they consider troublesome. Those are the elections that give them heartburn, not the presidential race.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-28-2022 at 09:17 AM.

I'll take a wait and see approach here. I may agree with all the former Reagan/Bush anti Trump former Republicans. The others not so much. I suspect it won't go far. Though a potential Biden/Trump contest gives a 3rd party it's best chance in generations I believe. Best since Perot.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I'll take a wait and see approach here. I may agree with all the former Reagan/Bush anti Trump former Republicans. The others not so much. I suspect it won't go far. Though a potential Biden/Trump contest gives a 3rd party it's best chance in generations I believe. Best since Perot.
    Something else needs to change before that will do any good, though. And that thing is the most sacred cow in all of American politics. There's a reason it's the thing shills attack the most fiercely.

People have to realize that there are worse things than throwing their votes away. Indeed, at this point the vote that is thrown away is the only one that stands a chance of accomplishing anything.

This Official Third Party is pretty ridiculous. Is it meant to accomplish anything at all? If so, why would they put an idiot like Yang in charge of it?

Maybe the whole point is to make "split the vote" a topic of everyday conversation again. If so, it seems to be working. When was the last time you encountered the Bull Moosers in a conversation before today?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-28-2022 at 10:30 AM.

Something else needs to change before that will do any good, though. And that thing is the most sacred cow in all of American politics. There's a reason it's the thing shills attack the most fiercely.

People have to realize that there are worse things than throwing their votes away. Indeed, at this point the vote that is thrown away is the only one that stands a chance of accomplishing anything.
    I threw away my vote on the LP the last 3 presidential elections. I know several green party voters as well.

This Official Third Party is pretty ridiculous. Is it meant to accomplish anything at all? If so, why would they put an idiot like Yang in charge of it?

Maybe the whole point is to make "split the vote" a topic of everyday conversation again. If so, it seems to be working. When was the last time you encountered the Bull Moosers in a conversation before today?
    Split the vote made Paul LePage a governor. It's not always a bad thing.

Hate Coke? Hate Pepsi? Good news! Coke and Pepsi are cooperating in a bipartisan manner to offer you something new--Coksi!
    LOL- and this should tell us everything:
    The merger involves the Renew America Movement, formed in 2021 by dozens of former officials in the Republican administrations of Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush and Donald Trump;
    There is no spoon.

I find it interesting that the Renew America Movement has Lisa Murkowski and Liz Cheney in their ranks. Yikes.

The word you are looking for is "neoconservatives".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't help but get the feeling that Andrew Yang is an uber-naïve, useful idiot, and the usual suspects are more than happy to harness his ignorance.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

A third party is never going to win a general election. They will always split the vote for either the Democrats or Republicans. I remember a former president who once said there should be no political parties.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 07-28-2022 at 05:32 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

A third political party? We already have two do we really need another
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I never pegged you as the kind of person who would ever say there can be too many parties.

Ron Paul [and I] believe there’s only one.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I never pegged you as the kind of person who would ever say there can be too many parties.
    Quality over quantity
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quality over quantity
    Admittedly the women always get screwed. The problem is, so do the men.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Ron Paul [and I] believe there’s only one.

Ron Paul was elected as a Republican, however.

"Run in the party you think you can WIN because political parties are irrelevant."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think this must be an attempt by the establishment to keep House seats in current hands. I dont see it having an effect on anything higher up. For the first time in a good while there is a chance to roll some over.
    Last edited by oyarde; 07-28-2022 at 09:07 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I can't help but get the feeling that Andrew Yang is an uber-naïve, useful idiot, and the usual suspects are more than happy to harness his ignorance.
    I get the same impression, based on my direct awareness and first-hand observations of him - which I admit are quite limited, as I have never paid much attention to Yang.

But some others who have paid more attention to Yang than I have are skeptical of him. Michael Malice, for example, makes no secret of the fact that he thinks Yang is an ambitious and conniving snake who knows exactly what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    A third party is never going to win a general election. They will always split the vote for either the Democrats or Republicans Whigs.
    Fixed.

This sounds like the Lincoln Project in a way. Establishmentarians trying to divert voters back to 'pretty' candidates with no real substance.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

In bold right there is the hard truth a lot of us need to learn to swallow.
    If the LP 10Xs their enrollment over the next 2-4 years, guess what? They're still many measures below Independent party numbers. I wish people would see this and understand it.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast