Thread: Trump May Abandon 49 Seat White House Press Room for Larger Press Audience

Trump May Abandon 49 Seat White House Press Room for Larger Press Audience

Exclusive: The Trump Administration May Evict the Press from the White House

Spicer cast the possible relocation of the press corps as a matter, in part, of logistics. "There's been so much interest in covering a President Donald Trump," he said. "A question is: Is a room that has forty-nine seats adequate? When we had that press conference the other day, we had thousands of requests, and we capped it at four hundred. Is there an opportunity to potentially allow more members of the media to be part of this? That's something we're discussing."

Another senior official, however, suggested a more pointed motivation for the move. According to the official, the potential relocation reflected a view within the transition team that coverage of Trump has been so hostile as to indicate that the press has abandoned its role as neutral observer.

"They are the opposition party," a senior official says. "I want 'em out of the building. We are taking back the press room."
    Full article at Esquire.

It has been a long known fact that those allowed at press briefings at the White House have been hand picked and scripted. Will Trump really open this up to the FREE press?

It is amazing how the mainstream media is spinning this, as they themselves spin out of control.

From the now famous Fake News site Washington Post:

It’s not unheard of for an incoming administration to consider changes to the media working space in the White House, but since the current press room arrangement was formalized during the Nixon administration, no president has followed through on changes that could be interpreted as an effort to shield oneself from public scrutiny.
    I am beginning to think that anything the mainstream media now prints about Trump, that one will be correct 99.9% of the time in assuming that the exact opposite of what they are "reporting" is where the truth lies.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Inviting and taking questions from reputable news outfits sounds good to me. Let CNN et al show up every time and beg for questions, just to call them fake news.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

He should hold his press briefings from the W.H. porch and let the press on the lawn. Then schedule only during inclimate weather.

POTUS needs people who ask softball questions and don't print what he says.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He should hold his press briefings from the W.H. porch and let the press on the lawn. Then schedule only during inclimate weather.
    Isn't that what Coolidge did?

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul