Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My wife is angry...

I'd be pissed too - enough to not pay for the service and threaten to sue them for contaminating the yard to the tune of a 2 foot entire yard excavation with new dirt and seed/sod, and the water bill to get it right. - especially after they were told
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Seriously i do not think that I wrote what is above. I have noticed small things in the past that made me think posts had been altered. Frankly I think there must be a rogue moderator that is fairly twisted. Hence it would probably be best to join the likes of acptulsa and many other fine people and no longer associate with this forum any more.
    More likely story is that you just had a moment of being an $#@! and should just own up to it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Personally, I'd consider tearing out my garden and starting over with all new dirt if I put any commercial, store bought non-organic fertilizer down.
    Can't say I'm an expert, but one application on your yard should be fine for the dogs, but I would avoid prolonged exposure and maybe even consider wiping their paws when coming in until the fertilizer dissolves into the soil so they don't lick their paws and ingest that stuff directly.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Just consider your garden lost for a year.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/scotts-...ety-89238.html
    Well the good thing is that I have 2 large raised garden beds (8' x 4' for 32 cubic ft each). So our organic gardening area is separate from the grass area that was applied to. There was no spray and no fertilizer put in or around our organic garden beds as there is no grass there.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

My wife was worried about the grass yard and the safety of the pets. I watered it 3 times over the next 24 hours, let it dry, and now I'm comfortable letting the dog out on it and my wife is not angry anymore (wine and a foot massage are always recommended in these scenarios).
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

And yeah, as for @libertyjam calling me a 'lazy $#@!'......

you're not worth my time, bro. "Oh I didn't write that!" sure.....

- Diogenes of Sinope

ok who has been hacking my account? I didn't write that.
    Change your password if you think someone else has used your account.

Seriously i do not think that I wrote what is above. I have noticed small things in the past that made me think posts had been altered. Frankly I think there must be a rogue moderator that is fairly twisted. Hence it would probably be best to join the likes of acptulsa and many other fine people and no longer associate with this forum any more.
    You don't remember? Sorry, no moderators have the time to secretly change your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's a pretty serious accusation.

The posts are time stamped, were you in the forum at the time?
    Good question. Perhaps libertyjam drank too much that day.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I had a lawn service guy (group of guys) come to do some work on the yard, mow and blow, spray for weeds (out front only) etc....

My wife is very 'organic' and does not approve of any use of chemicals in the back yard. I told that to the lawn guy and thought he understood, so he only 'sprayed' the front yard for weeds, but he DID scatter your typical "Scotts weed and feed" fertilizer on the back lawn which contains an herbicide (2,4-d).

Anyone know about this stuff? Anyone use it? Is it safe for pets? Basically trying to talk my wife off the ledge (and keep myself off the couch).

I wouldn't have let the guy put that stuff down at all, but he just did it as a matter of course and there's not much I can do about it now.
    Been around since the 40s. Low toxicity. "Possible" carcinogen, which means nothing. So is water.

The problem lies in contaminants. 2,4-D from China has been shown to contain high levels of dioxin. Make of that what you will.

I would not sweat it. I would also not repeat it.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    You don't remember? Sorry, no moderators have the time to secretly change your posts.
    that and the fact even moderator edits leave an edit note

I eat the weeds in my yard.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I eat the weeds in my yard.
    I could go for some dandelion wine .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Change your password if you think someone else has used your account.

Good question. Perhaps libertyjam drank too much that day.
    Maybe it was Danke's Ghost. That sounds like something he would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Maybe it was Danke's Ghost. That sounds like something he would say.
    yes , yes it does .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I could go for some dandelion wine .
    I make a nettle, burdock, and Dandelion Mead. It's a great spring tonic. If you're ever in the Southern Appalachian Mountains, give me a holler.

I notice the rogue moderator usually alters my posts the day after I have had too much to drink. I wonder how he knows to pick those days?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The $#@! is that?

Seriously?
    the OP's wife?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12