Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faith schools menace by Richard Dawkins

Rubbish. How many women were executed four centuries years ago, five centuries ago?

How many people have died in that time due to religion?

Why is the soviet empire the only plausibility for a society with no religion and god.

Religion is dangerous, Dawkins is correct in his film.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I brush my teeth religiously every day.
    If that is the case, well you a essentially a sheep to superstition then.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    LMFAO. Nice to see this subforum has a clown-troll to replace ronin now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Evangelical Atheism and Anti-Theism are a toxic ideologies. It teaches people to hate the religious, think they are stupid, think they are crazy, and think they are violent. This is a twisted inaccurate view of reality, which can spoil minds and cause prejudicial hate towards the religious.

In reality, religion teaches to love your neighbor, to not harm others (even extending that to words and to animals in some faiths), and to be meek and (try to be) humble. Faith teaches you to not judge others, because we don't know how God will judge, and He is the one who will do so ultimately.

So the effect of Evangelical Atheism and Anti-Theism is that it breeds hate and a false sense of reality in the minds of those who follow it and try to spread it. And things that happened centuries ago are irrelevant.

Better to be a sheep with teeth than a wolf with dentures.

Hehe, what nonsense.

Religion has caused the most suffering in human history, and you are supporting the old testament and the New. Come on now. You've got to start thinking, some bloke was executed for all us. Madness!

https://youtu.be/Kg5-GNnLQDU?t=1h11m54s

This alone in the God Delusion is ****ed up
    Last edited by Republicanguy; 01-19-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Rubbish.
    Rubbish?

How many women were executed four centuries years ago, five centuries ago?
    Good question. Post the number with the cited sources and compare it to your utopian Godless societies.

How many people have died in that time due to religion?
    Again put up the sttats against Godless societies.

Why is the soviet empire the only plausibility for a society with no religion and god.
    Then post a better example? Moa's China? Occupied Tibet? Pol Pott's Cambodia?

Religion is dangerous, Dawkins is correct in his film.
    False. Government is dangerous no matter who rules.

Hehe, what nonsense.

Religion has caused the most suffering in human history, and you are supporting the old testament and the New. Come on now. You've got to start thinking, some bloke was executed for all us. Madness!
    Some of us on this forum follow other books. I think all faiths are compatible because they all worship the one God that there is.

Atheists have caused a heck of a lot of suffering as well, and you can't blame all religions and all currently alive religious people for things they do not condone that other people who are dead did centuries ago.

Why don't you know of the Witch trials?

Government can be dangerous, it isn't always dangerous. It depends on those in power. And sadly throughout history most nutty people have practiced a religion and believed in a creator. So you have no points there.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Rubbish?

Good question. Post the number with the cited sources and compare it to your utopian Godless societies.

Again put up the sttats against Godless societies.

Then post a better example? Moa's China? Occupied Tibet? Pol Pott's Cambodia?

False. Government is dangerous no matter who rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    Some of us on this forum follow other books. I think all faiths are compatible because they all worship the one God that there is.

Atheists have caused a heck of a lot of suffering as well, and you can't blame all religions and all currently alive religious people for things they do not condone that other people who are dead did centuries ago.
    An apologist for religion. Aren't you.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hehe, what nonsense.

Here is Republicanguy's great society brought to you by the Khmer Rouge.

An apologist for religion. Aren't you.
    It makes sense to be.

Hehe, what nonsense.

https://youtu.be/Kg5-GNnLQDU?t=1h11m54s

This alone in the God Delusion is ****ed up
    People who want to cause suffering are going to use the best available justification.

Whether it's religion or 'spreading freedom!' or 'terrorists!' or anything that motivates the troops.

Just because you don't believe doesn't mean believing is bad.

Beliefs don't kill people; People kill people.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 01-19-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Why don't you know of the Witch trials?

Government can be dangerous, it isn't always dangerous. It depends on those in power. And sadly throughout history most nutty people have practiced a religion and believed in a creator. So you have no points there.
    This is a pretty stupid argument. For every atrocity committed by a religious society I can name more committed by non-religious societies. The problem is putting any one person or group in absolute power over another.

Fortunately there is evidence in photographs for a minority of nutters who believed in something. Just wasn't the old testament or the new.

People on here are just deluding themselves, you can't seem to see the logic. They need faith like a crutch, they feel that people can't behave very well without the myth.

This is a pretty stupid argument. For every atrocity committed by a religious society I can name more committed by non-religious societies. The problem is putting any one person or group in absolute power over another.
    And how many? The crusades, the ancient wars in the holy land. Get real here. You are deluding yourself.

And how many? The crusades, the ancient wars in the holy land. Get real here. You are deluding yourself.
    Post the numbers and cite the sources.

A crutch is something used by an ill person trying to get well. We are ill when we reject God, and need to get well to go to Him.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your the one stating you can give me the numbers of alternative societies in history. Most societies have been religious. The only examples are the soviet empire, the pol pot nutter of societies without the three religions.

Bronze age myths is what people here believing in and possibly encouraging their children the same path. Not all will try and impose, but ultimately believe that is the way to see the world, and be good.

What a great society!

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    A crutch is something used by an ill person trying to get well. We are ill when we reject God, and need to get well to go to Him.
    Meaning that religion is like a crutch to get through reality. That the shades of grey are tough to deal with.

Your the one stating you can give me the numbers of alternative societies in history. Most societies have been religious. The only examples are the soviet empire, the pol pot nutter of societies without the three religions.

Bronze age myths is what people here believing in and possibly encouraging their children the same path. Not all will try and impose, but ultimately believe that is the way to see the world, and be good.
    So show us your Great Society! Where is your dream utopia?

What a great society!

I think the witch trials had similar numbers, if not perhaps more.

I can't see how those examples are the best in the world.

ewwwww. what is that from?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

I think the witch trials had similar numbers, if not perhaps more.

I can't see how those examples are the best in the world.
    Post those figures!

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So show us your Great Society! Where is your dream utopia?
    I believe in orbital flight missions are at the heart of one, with innovation and science to understand our world. And to try and create a better world with it. Take the best and leave the worst out, may be difficult since human nature has its own Psychology. Genes play a part too, we aren't bad by nature, we do understand right and wrong.

Wow, nobody knows much history here, except for the twentieth century. Shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    ewwwww. what is that from?
    The enlightened religionless society of Cambodia under Pol Pott.

Wow, nobody knows much history here, except for the twentieth century. Shocking!
    Post your numbers with cited sources.

You can't, right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast