Thread: Poor Libertarians?

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

Poor Libertarians?

I here a lot about how people who promote and are associated with libertarianism are rich or upper middle class people who don't care about the poor.
    This is a list of libertarian/ classical liberal leaning people from poor or low class backgrounds that I have compiled for someone to quote everytime a social democrat makes dumb excuses about how there are no poor libertarians.

Gopal Gokhale
    Bhimrao Ambedkar
    Rose Wilder Lane
    Isabel Paterson
    Henry Hazlitt
    Everybody who lived before the mid 19th century.

Thats not really a lot since I can't think of any more. Feel free to point out some others for me.
    Last edited by Lamp; 02-10-2017 at 05:00 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think Ron Paul was wealthy but I wouldn't call him "low-class". His parents ran a dairy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

We don't say poor. We say we live small. Very small. That's why we are libertarians. We think the current system makes it hard for people to live right and be a little more comfortable than we are.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I don't think Ron Paul was wealthy but I wouldn't call him "low-class". His parents ran a dairy.
    and yet his ideas work better for the poor than those doled out by marxists born into low classes for the sake of other low class people

Jesus

Poor and, although unaffiliated politically, seemed to have a libertarian streak.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Jesus
    ha ha ha ha ha ha........ha?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...22&version=KJV

Two Corinthians...

2 Corinthians 9:7 (NIV)

7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

I miss Ronin Truth. This link was in his siggy. I have to admit John Redford makes a good case.

Jesus Is an Anarchist

http://www.anti-state.com/redford/redford4.html

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I miss Ronin Truth. This link was in his siggy. I have to admit John Redford makes a good case.

Jesus Is an Anarchist

http://www.anti-state.com/redford/redford4.html
    Too bad the guys after him weren't supposedly anarchists

*cough cough* Constantine the Great *cough cough*
    Last edited by Lamp; 02-10-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Ask them to prove it with peer reviewed research or at least a survey. Ask them for stats on political affiliation and income.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Ask them to prove it with peer reviewed research or at least a survey. Ask them for stats on political affiliation and income.
    Is that a fancy way of saying we need a poll?

Is that a fancy way of saying we need a poll?

Heh heh; sure.

But you know what's funny. The Democrat will whine about Republicans all being rich, but then also say the poor, white southern areas are loaded with Republicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Liberty and freedom transcend caste .
    Do something Danke

A better question: are there rich libertarians?

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    The Koch bros?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    A better question: are there rich libertarians?
    Not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    The Koch bros?
    Once you are rich you do not have to be beholden to a particular ideology. People will suck up to you anyway. One of the human traits is "flexibility" aka. sycophancy.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    @Suzanimal

http://bigtitspicsclub.com/

Oh and thank you for this. that made my day. hehe
    Last edited by Lamp; 03-23-2017 at 01:44 PM.

we libertarians need to individually get rich as we can to advance the movement

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    yep, it is not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Yup, dollars are more useful than numbers

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    I here a lot about how people who promote and are associated with libertarianism are rich or upper middle class people who don't care about the poor.
    This is a list of libertarian/ classical liberal leaning people from poor or low class backgrounds that I have compiled for someone to quote everytime a social democrat makes dumb excuses about how there are no poor libertarians.
    It doesn't matter. You'll only be told that "poor" libertarians are just "useful idiots" who suffer from "false consciousness" (or something like that).

I would advise not wasting your time on people whose arguments hinge on non sequiturs like, "so-and-so isn't poor, so anything he or she said can be dismissed out of hand ..."

The kind of mentality that makes such arguments cannot be reasoned with.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·