Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Olbermann calls for mass imprisonment of Trump supporters

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    How much proof do people need that the news media is the enemy of the people? Even the ones that play the role of the most innocent are the worst offenders. You are being played. It is all one big scam. These people in the news media are all funded by elites no matter the political persuasion are savage evil violent demons and I know as a victim which I will never discuss for that reason.
    Correct, they are irredeemable and are the permanent enemy of the people. The best part is after years of us battling these entities tooth and nail during the RP campaigns, there are those that use links from these organizations nearly every single day on this website. Those same people then call others paid trolls and bots. And then there are those that come to the side of these people to assist them in calling their enemies paid trolls and bots. Either they were not around during those early RP campaigns, learned little, or they could care less and are hell bent on division at all costs.

You can't debate, discuss, negotiate, reason, or rationalize with the media or anyone following them and still using them as a resource. They are all part of the same creed at this point. Some may still leave while there is time left, but we are reaching a point where battle lines have been sternly drawn and that window is closing. They despise us, and want us dead, because we want to be free and want to build and want to create life and bring joy to the world in whichever small ways we are able. They hate all of these things and they hate us for proudly doing so. Stopping all association with these people in the long run will be the only way forward, and it thankfully appears we are headed in that direction.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Well he's made quite a splash with this video.

There were some outlandish comments made by the conservative commentariat over Obama and Clinton, but from my point of view there was at least some basis in fact. The leftist commentariat has been unhinged over Bush, and particularly over Trump, and this takes the hype to previously unseen levels.

Your initial post was spot on - these people are gearing up for a purge. The only question seems to me to be whether they actually have the balls to go through with it.

I'm preparing as though they do.
    Just so. "Hope for the best, expect the worst."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    How much proof do people need that the news media is the enemy of the people? Even the ones that play the role of the most innocent are the worst offenders. You are being played. It is all one big scam. These people in the news media are all funded by elites no matter the political persuasion are savage evil violent demons and I know as a victim which I will never discuss for that reason.
    I don't think there is a single person here that does not view the government media organs in the same way.

There may be a talking head here and there that may say some of the proper things from time to time, but I certainly will not trust them as far as I could throw Jerry Nadler.

In fact, years ago I'll admit to taking some pleasure in Olberman's rants directed at Shrub.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Just so. "Hope for the best, expect the worst."
    Bingo.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I don't think there is a single person here that does not view the government media organs in the same way.

There may be a talking head here and there that may say some of the proper things from time to time, but I certainly will not trust them as far as I could throw Jerry Nadler.

In fact, years ago I'll admit to taking some pleasure in Olberman's rants directed at Shrub.
    It will, hopefully, be a lasting legacy of the Trump presidency that he exposed them for what they are.

The lamestream media wants huge voter turnout. It does not matter who you support on the ballot, the system is one and the same. Seems like all the ruckus that Olbermann/this has stirred, it is working as designed.

I am an individual who does not want or need government or somebody else doing my bidding. I do not support either criminal, so I guess I am safe from whatever idle “threats”.

Wow, the traffic this thread is generating over “Trump/supporters”, people still need that sense of nationalistic communism. On RPF to boot.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    The lamestream media wants huge voter turnout. It does not matter who you support on the ballot, the system is one and the same. Seems like all the ruckus that Olbermann/this has stirred, it is working as designed.

I am an individual who does not want or need government or somebody else doing my bidding. I do not support either criminal, so I guess I am safe from whatever idle “threats”.

Wow, the traffic this thread is generating over “Trump/supporters”, people still need that sense of nationalistic communism. On RPF to boot.
    Collapsetarians would love to see the world burn. RPF's was never a collapsetarian site. You're not safe from any threats. Though you'd like to think you are.

There is such a thing as the echos of history, PAF. I'm an anti-statist to my core, but I'm also a student of history. There may be nothing to all of this, but that's a wager with one's life at this stage of the drama. I hold no affection whatsoever with either party, as my record here would show, but I do see one that seems to be careening toward a crescendo that chills me to the bones. And they're not really hiding it. It's only obscure to those who refuse to see.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Collapsetarians would love to see the world burn. RPF's was never a collapsetarian site. You're not safe from any threats. Though you'd like to think you are.
    Leftarian, collapsetarian, commie-tarian, I have heard it all. I get tons and tons of costly junk mail, phone calls and emails begging for my vote even though I have made it known never to contact me. Geez, you guys really want my consent. Tough. You ain’t getting it.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Leftarian, collapsetarian, commie-tarian, I have heard it all. I get tons and tons of costly junk mail, phone calls and emails begging for my vote even though I have made it known never to contact me. Geez, you guys really want my consent. Tough. You ain’t getting it.
    Don't give a $#@! for your consent. Just calling you out for who you are, what you desire and the bull$#@! you are pushing. <shrug>

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do not support either criminal, so I guess I am safe from whatever idle “threats”.
    If history is any guide, just the opposite is true.

In times of Marxist revolution, it is people just like you, unaffiliated folks with unknown allegiances, but certainly none to the current regime, that are the first to be rounded up and exterminated.

That's after they finish up various refuseniks like me.

There will be no fence sitting in this coming conflict.

You will pick a side or die.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-13-2020 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If history is any guide, just the opposite is true.

In times of Marxist revolution, it is people just like you, unaffiliated folks with unknown allegiances, but certainly none to the current regime, are the first to be rounded up and exterminated.

There will be no fence sitting in this coming conflict.

You will pick a side or die.
    If you pay attention to who would benefit from the things he pushes it s clear he has already chosen a side.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    There is such a thing as the echos of history, PAF. I'm an anti-statist to my core, but I'm also a student of history. There may be nothing to all of this, but that's a wager with one's life at this stage of the drama. I hold no affection whatsoever with either party, as my record here would show, but I do see one that seems to be careening toward a crescendo that chills me to the bones. And they're not really hiding it. It's only obscure to those who refuse to see.
    Very well put, my thoughts exactly.

Many of whom I regard as the most brilliant thinkers we have left in our stable here, agree: @Occam's Banana @Mini-Me @osan are some examples.

To dismiss opposition to the coming $#@!storm as blind partisanship and Orange Man worship is short sighted and dangerous, in the extreme.

I never been on the other side of the wall but, prison is always portrayed as a place where you need to pick a side. Can't go it alone.

I didn't know he was still "a thing". Last I heard he was reading teleprompters for ESPN. Is he back to his political teleprompter reading now that pro sports are in the toilet?

Best thing you can do is to stop giving the $#@!-stirrers a platform by reposting their screeds. They survive off your willingness to make them relevant. Otherwise he's just some dude talking to himself.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Keith Olbermann calls for the mass imprisonment of Trump supporters - just for having supported Trump.
    Tempting to roll one's eyes at this, but this is how things went in places like Russia, China, and the many others that resulted in well over 250 million corpses at the hands of state-driven mobs gone wild, as well as its formal enforcers who were often employed to "tidy up" those mobs once their purposes had been fulfilled. All that in the course of about fifty years, which is a whole boat-load of murder.

"Remember it, even though to remember it means remembering that the fight does not end November third, but in many ways will only begin that day."
    A curiously open-ended way of putting things, interpretable so broadly, so variably. What, I wonder, did he actually mean by it?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    This guy is freaking unhinged. The voting Democrat must be brainwashed or insane to support this rhetoric.
    This should surprise you in no way, given the events of the middle section of the twentieth century.

It is a sad truth that the average human is a beast, only that is a gross and unjustifiable insult to beasts the world over. Human beings are the most dangerous creatures on this planet... and probably on many, many others as well. I can think of nothing so terrifyingly dangerous as a frenzied mob of humans.

If you want to see a prime depiction of this, however fictional, watch the scene from The Sand Pebbles when Steve McQueen's little coulie helper is being chased by the raging mob, only to be caught, trussed up, and his chest laid open with a blade as the first gesture of blind, raging hatred just before the fun was to really begin, prompting Steve-0 to take up a Springfield and put a bullet through the poor caught bastard's heart for the sake of mercy.

Oh, and in case you're wondering what life may be like after Nov. 3, consider that someone has authored a "guide" for the left that people of that bent may organize and disrupt and destroy, ostensibly in defense of free and fair elections. If you want to read it for yourselves, go here: Stopping the Coup: The 2020 Guide - Google Docs , part of the raft to be found at The Disruption Project

These people are serious, well funded, sly as foxes, apparently eager to employ useful idiots as canon fodder, and therefore extremely dangerous. Will they act on their claims and other assertions? I've no clue, but I would never assume that they are hot air.

If chaos is brought, all I can say is that you guys who claim to be lovers of liberty had better have your $#@! wired right and tight, which will mean being prepared to kill in defense of your rights because if they are not just blowing steam, they are going to take any opportunity to destroy you, your families, and anyone else .who gets in their way or so much as displeases their grasping, shrieking, infantile selves.

Things are gone sideways and stand to get lots more squirrely. Be ready as best you can, mental preparedness being most important. I am ready to walk away from my life. Are you?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    If chaos is brought, all I can say is that you guys who claim to be lovers of liberty had better have your $#@! wired right and tight, which will mean being prepared to kill in defense of your rights because if they are not just blowing steam, they are going to take any opportunity to destroy you, your families, and anyone else .who gets in their way or so much as displeases their grasping, shrieking, infantile selves.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    I never been on the other side of the wall but, prison is always portrayed as a place where you need to pick a side. Can't go it alone.
    Main Street has become the Main Yard..

I was over 3 years in Max.(1980 to 83). was still classed max when I was at Moberly.

I see out here what I saw in there.

Three Fs
    $#@!
    Fight
    or hit the Fence.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-13-2020 at 09:35 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    This is equally as bad as the "Psychopath" calling for others to be locked up.
    Actually, no. The question turns on the premise of who's right v. the wrong. The sovereignty of the individual, as well as the absolute nature of the principles of proper human relations, all of which are readily demonstrable as being objectively correct, define the right.
    Anything else is provably wrong. The relativism of the progressives is utter nonsense.

Given this, those who not just refuse to accept objectively correct principles of such relations and who endeavor in materially effective ways to bring insurrection against those who live by those principles, forfeit their claims to life for precisely the reason that they strive to violate those very claims held with equal authority by their fellows. Exterminating such people is no different that a man who shoots and kills another who attempts to bring him harm.

Equal rights, non-aggression and all that apply only where relations are properly and mutually respectful. The moment a man departs from such relations, he places himself in immediate peril of his very life. It matters no whit whether he does so seriously or in jest. It matters no whit whether he does so in words or more physically obvious and substantive actions. The moment one issues a threat against the property rights of another, he places his life in the hands of others and if he loses it, the doleful result rests with him solely. That is why proper manners and respecting interpersonal boundaries are so vitally important to free people. The casual ways in which people approach and treat one another is anathema to liberty. Sadly, that casualness is abetted and even advocated by law (at least in America). I could go on about the how's and whys, but that stands to be a long discussion.

Government isn't going to fix this, government caused the rift on purpose.
    WE caused it. Remember, "government" doesn't really exist.
    Last edited by osan; 10-13-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Actually, no. The question turns on the premise of who's right v. the wrong. The sovereignty of the individual, as well as the absolute nature of the principles of proper human relations, all of which are readily demonstrable as being objectively correct, define the right.
    Anything else is provably wrong. The relativism of the progressives is utter nonsense.

Given this, those who not just refuse to accept objectively correct principles of such relations and who endeavor in materially effective ways to bring insurrection against those who live by those principles, forfeit their claims to life for precisely the reason that they strive to violate those very claims held with equal authority by their fellows. Exterminating such people is no different that a man who shoots and kills another who attempts to bring him harm.

Equal rights, non-aggression and all that apply only where relations are properly and mutually respectful. The moment a man departs from such relations, he places himself in immediate peril of his very life. It matters no whit whether he does so seriously or in jest. It matters no whit whether he does so in words or more physically obvious and substantive actions. The moment one issues a threat against the property rights of another, he places his life in the hands of others and if he loses it, the doleful result rests with him solely. That is why proper manners and respecting interpersonal boundaries are so vitally important to free people. The casual ways in which people approach and treat one another is anathema to liberty. Sadly, that casualness is abetted and even advocated by law (at least in America). I could go on about the how's and whys, but that stands to be a long discussion.

WE caused it. Remember, "government" doesn't really exist.
    My apologies for not being suitably coherent.

The point I was trying to make in a single sentence was that calling for government to "lock up" your nemesis is patently synonymous to having street minions fight social battles in your stead as the "Psychopath" would do.

"Government" as an entity wielding powers over the masses might represent some segment of society or even some of societies collective ideas and mores but in the end her agents should not be relied on dispense justice simply because no entity can truly represent the individual.

Nonetheless you are correct in that one opinion sits squarely in the right while the other is clearly wrong and I failed to clarify that.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    My apologies for not being suitably coherent.

The point I was trying to make in a single sentence was that calling for government to "lock up" your nemesis is patently synonymous to having street minions fight social battles in your stead as the "Psychopath" would do.

"Government" as an entity wielding powers over the masses might represent some segment of society or even some of societies collective ideas and mores but in the end her agents should not be relied on dispense justice simply because no entity can truly represent the individual.

Nonetheless you are correct in that one opinion sits squarely in the right while the other is clearly wrong and I failed to clarify that.
    Meh... 'tis all good. Had I a dime for all my incoherent moments, I'd be a lot wealthier than I now find myself.

A curiously open-ended way of putting things, interpretable so broadly, so variably. What, I wonder, did he actually mean by it?
    The revenge starts once they control the levers of power again.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    The revenge starts once they control the levers of power again.
    I find that a likely correct take. These guys are sneaky in their use of language. They tell you exactly what they intend in ways that lead far too many people to interpret their words otherwise.

Humans.

Robert Reich chiming in:

https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1317614803704115200
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Robert Reich chiming in:

He posted a tweet thats even more foolish then his original take.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 10-18-2020 at 09:18 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Robert Reich chiming in:

His tweet gets even foolish by posting a article about South Africa.

Source

South Africa set the standard
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 10-18-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    He posted a tweet thats even more foolish then his original take.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    His tweet gets even foolish by posting a article about South Africa.
    I replied to that one.

https://twitter.com/Occams_Banana/st...24198254698497

"Fiery but mostly potassium"

Well played, sir. Well played.

Olbermann playing the spittle-spewing loony again ... (projection is a helluva drug ...)

https://twitter.com/RubinReport/stat...79953458622465

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast