Thread: AZ GOP delegate to break from Trump vote at national convention next week

AZ GOP delegate to break from Trump vote at national convention next week

AZ GOP delegate to break from Trump vote at national convention next week

PHOENIX - One of Arizona's 58 delegates to the Republican National Convention says she will not vote for Donald Trump next week in Cleveland.

Arizona is a winner-take-all state for party delegates, meaning all 58 are compelled to vote for Trump, who won the Arizona presidential preference election in March.

"Simply put, he doesn't represent our party and he can't win in November," Lori Hack wrote on her Facebook page. "Not only do the moral objects to his candidacy run deep, but his positions are also absolutely untrustworthy. He speaks by the seat of his pants and floats ideas out into thin air only to retract them the next day when they are ill-received."

"It's not that Trump isn't our preferred candidate or that we're sore losers because our guy didn't win," Hack continues. "Donald Trump has only - conveniently - become a Republican in recent years ... The delegates need to be free to choose a different nominee so that we can win in November and set the Supreme Court on the right side of the future."

In a letter to Arizona Republican Party Chairman Robert Graham, Hack referred to herself as an "unbound delegate who is heading to Cleveland to vote my conscience."

Earlier this month, Arizona delegate Jarrod White publicly suggested he will not support Trump.

White was quoted by Fox News as saying that if Trump wasn't so controversial or divisive, he would be okay backing the presumptive nominee.

Instead, White has affiliated himself with a group known as "Free the Delegates," which is encouraging delegates to disregard current party regulations.

Arizona Republican Party Chairman Robert Graham told the online publication The Inquisitr that the movement to strip Trump of Arizona delegates is illegal.

"I have the law and the rules on my side," Graham was quoted as saying. "And it's not to be unfair, it's just to manage this entire process and maintain a professional decorum."
    http://www.12news.com/news/politics/...week/269169133
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Arizona is a winner-take-all state for party delegates, meaning all 58 are compelled to vote for Trump, who won the Arizona presidential preference election in March.
    So, she plans on breaking the rules. Interesting.

Why am I not surprised? They willingly voted for McCain and Mittens, which are about as big government as one can get. But, she and her comrades will break the rules to not vote for Trump at the convention. Hhmmm...

The establishment is not giving up easily. Why am I not surprised...
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I'm betting they get booted this week.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

For the record, Lori Hack and Jarrod White are Cruzbots.
    RVO˩UTION

If they refuse to vote on first round for Trump like they are are suppose to, does the state party strip them and replace them?

For example when it come to roll call first round if they say 56 for Trump 2 for Cruz, does that not have some sort of ramification for breaking their own state rules.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Never Trump Movement Gears Up For Final Play To Stop Trump At Convention

CLEVELAND, Ohio—Republican National Committee delegates determined to stop Donald Trump at the GOP Convention next week are in the final planning stages of their mission.

Several groups are fine-tuning various convention floor strategies that would allow delegates to vote their conscience on the first round of balloting, rather than being required to vote for the candidate who won their state contest.

Composed of various alliances who talk to one another on conference calls, email lists and text messages virtually every day, groups like Save Our Party, Delegates Unbound and Free the Delegates find themselves in the final home stretch this week as key RNC delegate committee meetings (platform, rules, credentials) convene before the GOP picks its nominee at the convention.

Dane Waters, co-founder and adviser to Delegates Unbound, announced Sunday night that one Arizona delegate has already declared independence from her state party chairman.

Trump won all 58 bound delegates in the Arizona primary with 47 percent of the vote on March 22 against Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich. However, Cruz walked away with 40 of the 58 delegates supporting him during the Arizona GOP convention, so Trump’s support would remain mandated by all Arizona delegates on the first ballot only.

Arizona GOP delegate Lori Hack stated in a press release that she informed her chairman of her plans to defy his requirement that delegates from the state vote for Trump on the first ballot.

“Duly elected delegates have an obligation to vote their conscience, free of fear and threats,” stated Hack. “Chairman Robert Graham is undermining that obligation by withholding credentials from delegates who fail to pledge loyalty to Donald Trump.”

Despite pronouncements of the death of the “Never Trump” movement from the media and Trump supporters, Waters tells The Daily Caller that “hundreds” of delegates are interested and organizing to try and stop Trump from securing the GOP nomination.

“I think it’s absolutely untrue [that Never Trump is dead]. This is their way of showing that they are concerned about what’s going on. If they truly felt it was an effort that had no (real support) they would ignore it completely,” said Waters, who is opening up an office in Cleveland for Delegates Unbound on Monday. “They wouldn’t even talk about it,” he added.

Virginia GOP delegate, Carroll “Beau” Correll Jr., a lawyer from Northern Virginia, went to court to challenge the mandate of voting for Trump on the first ballot.

U.S. District Court Judge Robert E. Payne of Virginia is expected to give his opinion next week on the challenge to a state law that requires delegates to vote for Trump on the first ballot, The Washington Post reported. Trump won about 35 percent of the vote in the state’s March 1 primary.

The Post notes that even if Payne rules in Correll’s favor and tosses out the state law binding delegates on the first ballot to the winner of the primary, the GOP nomination rules will still be in the RNC’s jurisdiction to decide at the convention.

“Trump intervened into the Virginia lawsuit that’s going on,” Waters told TheDC, adding that state party chairs are also trying to stop delegates from getting their floor credentials.

“I mean all of this shows that there is serious concern about how strong this movement is,” he said.
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/11/ne...at-convention/

I didn't know Arizona was in the same Circuit as Virginia.

Who cares. Trump is getting 80% of the delegates bound or unbound from Hawaii to Alaska to Commiefornia to Washington to Vermont with a few blips inbetween.

Roger Stone has scared the $#@! out of them.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Trump has less than 1000 delegates who actually support him. Cruz has about 600, the rest (a majority) are uncommitted.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    So, she plans on breaking the rules. Interesting.

Why am I not surprised? They willingly voted for McCain and Mittens, which are about as big government as one can get. But, she and her comrades will break the rules to not vote for Trump at the convention. Hhmmm...

The establishment is not giving up easily. Why am I not surprised...
    the establishment is backing trump. its the grass roots that's rebelling. the establishment doesnt want a convention war. it wants to placate the trumpsters and have them vote down ticket for pub senators and congressmen, the establishment is worried that if trump is overthrown then the trumpsters will take their ball home and not vote on election day and that might give the senate to the dems

Quote Originally Posted by goldwater's ghost View Post
    the establishment is backing trump. its the grass roots that's rebelling. the establishment doesnt want a convention war. it wants to placate the trumpsters and have them vote down ticket for pub senators and congressmen, the establishment is worried that if trump is overthrown then the trumpsters will take their ball home and not vote on election day and that might give the senate to the dems
    You guys keep telling me Trump isn't in the bag for Hillary, because why would he waste his own company? They are going to win the senate and the presidency and the supreme court. The democrats are going to have a monopoly on government power, Trump will probably just get bailed out, he loves the bail outs.

Well, certainly this is the point where the national party intervenes and replaces said delegate with party loyalists, right? You know, like last time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Well, certainly this is the point where the national party intervenes and replaces said delegate with party loyalists, right? You know, like last time?
    Yep, they're hearing challenges this week, and the delegates who won't get in line with the establishment choice will be replaced. Just like they did in 2012.

Curious which Trump-friendly establishment delegation they will put in the front rows. They will need some dedicated silencers:

Good for her but I doubt the numbers are enough. People rarely exercise independence and tend to just go with the flow which is why once a front runner is established they dominate as people throw their voice away to just be party of the "consolidation".

Trump will be nominated and then be destroyed in November all thanks to a bunch of idiotic primary voters who supported the worst nominee in party history.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump has less than 1000 delegates who actually support him. Cruz has about 600, the rest (a majority) are uncommitted.

They're "uncommitted" because they dont want tranny Liz Mair to fill their inbox with her dick pics to troll them for being nasty Trumpkins.

Small thinking little guy Reince Priebus & Law-&-Order-SVU-George-Will are scared of Trump's overhand right.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosControl View Post
    Good for her but I doubt the numbers are enough. People rarely exercise independence and tend to just go with the flow which is why once a front runner is established they dominate as people throw their voice away to just be party of the "consolidation".

Trump will be nominated and then be destroyed in November all thanks to a bunch of idiotic primary voters who supported the worst nominee in party history.
    They don't have a suitable alternative; the right move here is to abstain. They still have full control over nominating the VP.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While the electoral college can pull any name out of a hat right after the general election, can a faithless or unbound GOP delegate directly cast a GOP candidacy vote at the upcoming convention naming Clinton (in order to send a loud and clear message of total dissatisfaction and give all those silly primary voters the finger), even though it might indirectly help her actually win in November?

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    For the record, Lori Hack and Jarrod White are Cruzbots.
    Possible violation of the Espionage Act in favor of a British-Canadian takeover of the US.

Someone get them to a tailor. They may have to be fitted for nooses if they go before a fully-informed jury..

HUUUUUGGGEEEEE News. Virginia court just ruled binding delegates unconstitutional. There will be no legal repercussions for any delegate who votes his conscience first round

Today the court ruled in favor of Carroll "Beau" Correll in his lawsuit alleging that Virginia law binding delegates is unconstitutional. http://www.redstate.com/absentee/201...aw-says-judge/

Quote Originally Posted by goldwater's ghost View Post
    HUUUUUGGGEEEEE News. Virginia court just ruled binding delegates unconstitutional. There will be no legal repercussions for any delegate who votes his conscience first round
    YAY!!! That means people's votes have no consequence whatsoever!!! Let's all celebrate!!! What a wonderful win for liberty!!

================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    YAY!!! That means people's votes have no consequence whatsoever!!! Let's all celebrate!!! What a wonderful win for liberty!!

We already knew this, at least the average joe sixpack may finally figure it out
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq