Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to be learnt

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    stick w/ the $20 piece of $#@! phone and your kid won't turned into a hunch backed smart phone texting junky, lol at tendency to avoid crowd, I'm with you.
    And at $20 you don't need insurance. Phone get's wreck then just get another. I believe you can transfer the minutes at tracfone.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And at $20 you don't need insurance. Phone get's wreck then just get another. I believe you can transfer the minutes at tracfone.
    You can but it takes about 30 minutes with cs in India. It's very frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    You can but it takes about 30 minutes with cs in India. It's very frustrating.
    Yup. CS is a pain in the ass. No doubt. But, I'd make the kid deal with it while listening in. Good learning experience about not losing/screwing up a phone. And, really, it would be hilarious listening to an Indian CS agent deal with a 12 yr. old.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Why does your son need a phone and why do you think he needs to have one?

If the goal is for him to keep in touch with you, then you are the one who makes that choice what kind of device you buy for him. If the mom is prone to doing unethical things with other people's property, it might be a good idea for you to have a brief chat with your attorney. I would not provide a smartphone to a 12-yo boy that did not live with me 100% of the time. I just could not do it.
    It's primarily an exercise in responsibility, he's earned the freedom to have a tablet and hasn't screwed that up.

Now he's riding his bike 2-1/2 miles to school so the phone is a two pronged thing, me feeling better about turning him loose and him earning both the trust and the money to keep a phone.

His mother is becoming superfluous as time and court hearings pile up but she'll always be his mom and I'm not going to discourage their relationship. We've been doing the lawyer/court thing so long the damn lawyer comes by for supper or to take the kid fishing, it helps that he's an amateur woodworker/carver..

You didn't owe me any kind of answer. I was just throwing out points for you to think about. Thanks, though. I'm glad your son is assuming responsibility in a healthy and mature way. I'm sorry you are not able to have your son live with you 100% of the time.

If you are open to a suggestion, I would offer that under the circumstances, son should have a phone that nobody would want, and that would be no good to his mom. Son seems mature enough to understand such a choice. He has lived his life and understands why you would want to make the new responsibility as easy for him as possible.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

A can and a string.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yup. CS is a pain in the ass. No doubt. But, I'd make the kid deal with it while listening in. Good learning experience about not losing/screwing up a phone. And, really, it would be hilarious listening to an Indian CS agent deal with a 12 yr. old.
    OMG, no doubt. They're very polite, though.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Got tired of reading/researching and braved Wally-World after school today, bought him a Tracphone $30.00 job with a 200 min. card X3...

I listened and purchased the 2 yr. service thing.

We'll see how he does, minutes and maintenance are his responsibility from now on....

Failure to keep a functioning cell phone on his person when away from home is cause for grounding.

Thanks ya'll!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Got tired of reading/researching and braved Wally-World after school today, bought him a Tracphone $30.00 job with a 200 min. card X3...

We'll see how he does, minutes and maintenance are his responsibility from now on....

Failure to keep a functioning cell phone on his person when away from home is cause for grounding.

Thanks ya'll!
    Don't ever call CS. If you do have problems use this. https://www.tracfoneforum.com/index.php

Which model is it? There's a lot of grousing these days about how kids can't tinker with their cars anymore, but boy howdy can they tinker with their phones...
    ...and just like with cars 40 years ago, what you can do to soup it up is pretty dependent on what you bought.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    soup it up
    Now that's a term I haven't heard in a long time.

Thanks ya'll!
    This sounds like a very good decision on your part.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Which model is it? There's a lot of grousing these days about how kids can't tinker with their cars anymore, but boy howdy can they tinker with their phones...
    ...and just like with cars 40 years ago, what you can do to soup it up is pretty dependent on what you bought.
    Just a min...

Alcetel Pixi Pulsar ?

I'm helping w/ math as I type.....

Moms ringtone......

I have a t-mobile pre-paid plan. It's $35/month and I get unlimited text, voice and data. I find the coverage to be as good as when I had Verizon. I always buy my phones on ebay about 2 years after their release date - never had a bad phone yet. Currently I am using an HTC One that came out in 2013, it does way more than I need.

HTC One and Moto-G are good no-contract walmart phones. And they're only 1 or 2 steps behind the latest and greatest, so they're modern enough at < $100. You can also root the $#@! out of them and run whatever you want.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I hear Obama-phones are pretty good.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    My brother actually has one of these. Of course, he's disabled with PTSD after three tours in Iraq and being shot all to hell on top of it. It take years to get any kind of help from the VA. Years.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    My child will have NO free government $#@! under my roof!

My child will have NO free government $#@! under my roof!
    We recently figured out we could probably get medicaid for my daughter.
    My attitude is, it's my money.
    The only problem I have with taking it back is this: it puts me on a list.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

We recently figured out we could probably get medicaid for my daughter.
    My attitude is, it's my money.
    I qualify for free $#@! from the VA, have for decades, I won't take it either.

For me it's a matter of principle, one that'll follow me to the grave.

Think the barn doors already opened on that
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Hey man, I've never even owned a cell phone. And I'm almost 18!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I qualify for free $#@! from the VA, have for decades, I won't take it either.

For me it's a matter of principle, one that'll follow me to the grave.
    My dad wouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My dad wouldn't either.
    Smiled when he looked in the mirror didn't he?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12