Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitch McConnell: "We Are Open To Gun Control Suggestions"

Hey, Mitch. I have a "suggestion" for you...

Last edited by CaptUSA; 06-16-2016 at 08:10 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like they be voting today, CALL THEM, AND CALL AGAIN AND DEMAND THEY VOTE NO!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-measures.html

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Okay this to me seems reasonable. I don't think people going clubbing are in a state of mind to be ready to draw a weapon, especially if they've been drinking.

Can't a place be a Gun Free Zone regarding the customers while having the exception for the owner and employees? Maybe have armed bouncers? This seems reasonable as the staff are sober and also serving the customers so they're more aware of who is in the club and how people are behaving.
    Liberty dictates that a private club can be a gun free zone or a gay free zone or a black free zone or a white free zone. Is your proposal a good idea? Maybe. Maybe not. From what I gather, at this club there were armed security guards who retreated and let the killer have free reign. Again, you would not have had a worse result with even a drunken patron shooting back. The killer was a coward. When SWAT finally showed up he retreated with hostages to the bathroom. Had someone started shooting back from the beginning, even someone drunk and with bad aim, the killer most likely would have retreated. Also, most people at a dance club are not sh*tfaced drunk. If they were then they wouldn't have the coordination to dance.

As far as I'm concerned the families and survivors should file a lawsuit against the club. They were disarmed going into the club and the security that was hired to protected them didn't do the job they were hired to do. If you're not going to let me bring my on life jacket on the ship then you'd better be damn sure there are adequate life jackets for everybody.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    Looks like they be voting today, CALL THEM, AND CALL AGAIN AND DEMAND THEY VOTE NO!

The way this country uses murder victims to affect policy, we might as well be throwing virgins into volcanos.

"Oooh. Assault weapons ban. That's a toughy. Don't know if that's doable"

"Well, what if we get like a dozen or so dead black baptists?"

"No, no. Nobody cares about blacks dying. Get me a respectable body county of gay people, and we might be able to work something. It's pride month, and their plight tugs at the heart strings of the perpetual-victimhood-worshipping American psyche. That might work."
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post

I just called both offices. My senators are worthless but hopefully they will at least stand against this. And this is more evidence that Rand should NOT have endorsed Mitch McConnell. Yeah I know...I know....he had to do that to have a shot at the presidency. But that didn't pan out either.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I suppose they'll look to the Southern Poverty Law Center for clear definitions on who is a terrorist. Which means if you've ever voted for a republican or libertarian, you go on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Republicans can't be trusted!

SOURCE:

http://drudgetoday.com/v2/r?n=0&s=2&...-with-the-fbi/
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    just now learning that?
    Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

So it will either pass and then die in the House, or if there's stalling, we get possibly an even longer filibuster. I get that Congress is lazy, but you know some people are going to bend to save their seats. You can't please both sides and no matter how much people scream 'Constitution' this or that, you'd be hard-pressed to find many people in Congress- many, not a handful- that actually adhere to every single line in that document.

From Gun Owners of America, Keep the Pressure on Your Senators

There are several anti-gun amendments that will come up for a vote on Monday, June 20. They will be amendments to a Commerce-Justice-State spending bill (H.R. 2578).

A Feinstein proposal will bar (or delay) honest Americans from buying guns, if their name mistakenly winds up on a government watch list.

And a Murphy proposal will institute universal gun buyer registration -- via so-called Universal Background Checks.

Then there’s the Constructive Republican Alternative Proposals (aka, CRAP).

One Republican “compromise” version -- which is an alternative to the Feinstein “terror watch” language -- will still result in lengthy delays for honest Americans who are trying to buy firearms for self-defense.

Ironically, the “compromise” language would not apply to a terrorist who is being investigated for purchasing fertilizer, renting a Ryder truck and posting statements about blowing up federal buildings.

It only demonizes guns and those who want to buy guns -- and innocent people will be denied firearms.

This is because the government watch lists are horribly flawed and have massive mistakes -- as seen by the fact that even Congressmen and Senators have ended up on the lists.

(Well, some might argue that Congressmen should be on this list for voting to violate our Constitution, but that’s a whole separate discussion.)

Anyway, Republicans are offering their proposals as “side-by-side” amendments, which are intended to kill the Democrat gun control proposals.

Sadly, it’s a reality of the Senate that the “squishies” there demand to have something to “vote for.”

One can argue the merits or demerits of this -- we certainly do -- but if there is any consolation to all this, it’s that all the proposals are intended to fail (even the Republican ones).

Well, we’ll certainly have to see how this precarious strategy works.

Orlando Being Used as an Excuse for More Infringements

Anti-gun Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA) admitted on Wednesday that the Orlando shooting is simply an “obvious opportunity” to pass gun control.

That’s because there’s nothing the gun haters are proposing which would have saved one life -- and many anti-gun spokesman have admitted as much.

So here’s the message we need to communicate to our Senators:

NO gun control whatsoever. No gun bans for Americans on a watch list. No universal background checks, which are ineffective and only register gun buyers.
    REPEAL gun control laws that create “criminal safety zones.” These Gun-Free Zones are the problem. And police know this is the case -- as almost 90% agree that these mass shootings could be averted if there were concealed carriers at the scene of the crime.
    You can use the pre-written text here to contact your Senators.
    http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/...FPQ75TtLQ&lp=0

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Los Angeles, CA

Libtards move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
    Libtards move on.
    ??? WTF ???
    Excuse me,, ?

THe freakin' GOP and the NRA have been selling out gun rights since before I started paying attention.

2nd Amendment is my hot button,, it is what brought me here.
    I conversed with Dr Paul on the subject.

Libtards???
    conservatives built the police state with the same laws.

The two work hand in hand working together.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Keep calling the Senators and keep demanding they vote NO.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz4C2WQWyuD
    Last edited by Noob; 06-19-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Sounds like Gary Johnson.

Surely Rand Paul, Cruz & Mike Lee can find some procedures to stop this and wait until some Muzzie runs people down in a car like they do in Israel.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

KEEP calling them!! Vote NO!

SEN. RAND PAUL TALKS GUN CONTROL, RESPONDS TO GRAY COMMENTS[/QUOTE

Paul acknowledges his support of gun control legislation proposed by Texas senator and Majority Whip Tom Cornyn in December. Paul says it’s legislation he’ll continue to support through Monday’s anticipated vote.

“The reason why you may not want to immediately say ‘they don’t get a gun’ is 1) They might be innocent. So in our country you’re innocent until proven guilty. But the other reason is, the FBI may say ‘you know what, we want them to buy the gun and we may want to follow them to catch the other people they’re plotting with if it’s a group or cell of terrorists’.”

He goes on to say, “I’ve been advocating for an addition to that amendment, which is that if you’ve been investigated by the FBI, you stay on the list for at least 5 years.”
    http://www.wtvq.com/2016/06/17/sen-r...gray-comments/
    Last edited by Noob; 06-20-2016 at 04:26 AM.

Keep calling and keep demanding they vote NO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12